Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2023, 21:30   #1111
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Insurance breakup.

The dealership has added a couple of useless benefits like a return to invoice and engine protection (I usually skip) and forgot to ask for a breakup. But they passed NCB without any issues. If done directly with New India, maybe a couple of thousand less. It took a while to complete the documentation, so if everything goes fine, the delivery should happen tomorrow.

I am sharing this for the benefit of other potential customers.
How are you able to avail insurance for such price?
For Thar (14.69 IDV) I'm getting ~50K min even from Policy Bazar. Regular insurer are quoting closer to 60K. Is the difference due to Maruti vs Thar?
sandeeprawat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 21:37   #1112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
215x75x15- Yokos. The dealer replaced himself and asked for 20K, which looks reasonable. 235 would have been about 30K, but I think it will be overkill.
Wow almost double. The Bangalore dealer is 12K and Dehradun is 7K.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 21:41   #1113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprawat View Post
For Thar (14.69 IDV) I'm getting ~50K min even from Policy Bazar. Regular insurer are quoting closer to 60K. Is the difference due to Maruti vs Thar?
Maruti insurance is usually fair. 5K savings are due to NCB, otherwise it would have been 40K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Wow almost double. The Bangalore dealer is 12K and Dehradun is 7K.

Really? I asked my local guy here in Delhi and he asked for 20K as well, or did he mean without exchange? in that case, this looks like a royal rip off
Old 28th June 2023, 21:51   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Insurance breakup.

The dealership has added a couple of useless benefits like a return to invoice and engine protection (I usually skip) and forgot to ask for a breakup. But they passed NCB without any issues. If done directly with New India, maybe a couple of thousand less. It took a while to complete the documentation, so if everything goes fine, the delivery should happen tomorrow.

I am sharing this for the benefit of other potential customers.

Would you mind sharing the name of the Insurance company so that we can get a similar quote. Thanks.
Old 28th June 2023, 21:52   #1115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Really? I asked my local guy here in Delhi and he asked for 20K as well, or did he mean without exchange? in that case, this looks like a royal rip off
Each tyre is approx 7K so 35K for set of 5. Old tyre brand new you should easily get 5K per tyre since even that is 7K when new.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 22:04   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations on your Jimny
Inspection is fine
I have clocked 500 kms
Where have you taken delivery from ?
Thanks, RKS Nexa Madhapur
Old 28th June 2023, 22:23   #1117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
Would you mind sharing the name of the Insurance company so that we can get a similar quote. Thanks.
New India issued by Maruti. As I mentioned previously, the dealer gets only a fixed portion, and Maruti keeps a higher percentage

Surprising that most find it competitive.

Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20230628-10.31.518239pm.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Each tyre is approx 7K so 35K for set of 5. Old tyre brand new you should easily get 5K per tyre since even that is 7K when new.
Rechecked, the return value of the old ones has dropped considerably as those are not used in other vehicles. I don't know if correct or not. Maybe known folks take advantage of me? For different reasons, I had to spend so much on the tyres elsewhere that I thought 20K cheap

Last edited by Turbanator : 28th June 2023 at 22:34.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 22:59   #1118
BHPian

A question to all those who've upgraded their tyres. Does this affect your vehicle's warranty claim? Can MS company reject a warranty claim just based on tyre upsize?
sammysossa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 00:22   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprawat View Post
I am not sure about own damage component but the third party component of insurance premium is dependent on engine size. Jimny having less than 1500 cc engine have significantly lesser 3rd party component than Thar with 2 liter or 2.2 liter engine.
https://www.bankbazaar.com/insurance...mium%20in%20Rs.
sreejithkk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 01:01   #1120
BHPian

Hi. This is for the manual owners. I've booked the alpha manual. However, since only the automatic variant is available for a test drive, haven't got the chance to experience the manual transmission.

What is your experience so far? Especially in the main painpoint: traffic.
Old 29th June 2023, 05:15   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
At Chennai, outside tyre shop best price is as follows

OE tyre buy cost - 3000 per tyre
215 YOKO new at 7450
235 YOKO new at 8300

A 5 tyre 215 exchange will cost approx 22K
A 5 tyre 235 exchange will cost approx 27k

Goodyear exchange might be slightly cheaper

swami

Last edited by swami69 : 29th June 2023 at 05:22.
swami69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 06:00   #1122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I will definitely be changing the oil 1000, 2500 & 5000 and then on every 5-7k depending on yearly usage.

This was one of the main reasons I went for 215/75 instead of the 235 width which is quite a popular choice. I also intend to put a tire cover on the rear tire so it won't be visible anyways.

This is incorrect, in my experience the responsiveness of the car is meaningfully changed when I press the OD OFF button. It feels much more eager to drive, almost like a pseudo sport mode for the Jimny.
It is a good idea to change oil at 1000-2000. This is because new engines, as they work, will drop miniscule metal shavings. With the first oil change a lot of this muck will drain off. Good for the car.
Next service can be 5000. No need for one more in between.

In my book the 215’s AT’s Particularly are the perfect upsize. Fill the arches well. Impart good performance. And yet do not put unnecessary strain on the steering and suspension and the physics of the vehicle.

OD Off Button helps hold a lower gear for better torque and the revs up. Useful in the hills when one needs more ‘juice’ to climb.
I am only a bit concerned that with a full load of 4 heavy passengers and luggage, the 5 door naturally
Aspirated 1.5 litre AT Jimny may run out of breath when climbing really high steep inclines. That's where I surmise the MT will help.

But I will reserve judgement until someone experiences this and posts about it OR until I experience it myself.

Yes the Jimny has a very well tuned suspension and is not at all as Skittish as the Thar, over all sorts of imperfections which abound on our roads. The ‘feeling’ of ‘rear bounce’ is there in the That SWB too. Even with the upgraded suspension which I have. The Thar cannot be said to be ‘planted’.

In the Jimny it is palpable only at times and this is because it has that slightly greater length and because the suspension is optimally tuned for passenger comfort. You wont ‘feel’ this in the Jimny when travelling with 2 passengers and luggage. To remove this ‘feeling’ in case you’re on your own, simply stow your luggage in the boot and carry some ‘ballast’.

The Gypsy also has always had this skittish rear. Also because of its leaf springs which are rigid and have hardly any ‘give’. In the Gypsy the standard remedy was to load the rear bed area with either a full complement of hapless side facing passengers OR with a ballast load, to stop the bounciness.
Even today, in my Gypsy (since it is mostly a one man vehicle) I keep all sorts of things in the back, tools, spare tyre tubes, camp stools and all. These serve as the ballast for me.

The Jimny will serve normal people perfectly well with stock suspension. You absolutely don’t need a suspension upgrade unless you’re going rallying.

Last edited by vb-saan : 29th June 2023 at 08:21. Reason: As requested
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 07:24   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti insurance is usually fair. 5K savings are due to NCB, otherwise it would have been 40K.

Greetings,

Congratulations on your new ride and respect to you for the philanthropic activities.

Here In Hyderabad I'm getting full set Continental Cross contact 235/75/15 for 14k with exchange of old tires..

Drive Safe.
matchvan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 09:47   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations for your Jimny.

I have one query. Do the Maruti Insurance Broking PVt ltd need the NCB certificate in physical form or the soft copy is good enough?

I have received the 50% NCB Certificate in soft copy from MIBPL, however didn't get the signed and stamped physical document.

Your dealership is in Gurgaon or Bangalore?
Old 29th June 2023, 09:54   #1125
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Many congratulations for your Jimny.

I have one query. Do the Maruti Insurance Broking PVt ltd need the NCB certificate in physical form or the soft copy is good enough?

I have received the 50% NCB Certificate in soft copy from MIBPL, however didn't get the signed and stamped physical document.

Your dealership is in Gurgaon or Bangalore?
Physical form. To prevent multiple uses of the same.
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks