Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2023, 11:04   #856
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

I don't know when my JIMNY would come (booked only in May), but out of curiosity, searching for some tyre brands in the the size 215 75/R15 and there are few options like Yokohama, Continental, Goodyear, etc., but none of them are having a white lettering, which I thought would look good on a Jimny - White with Black Steel wheels (ZETA). Then, I found something called Ultramile, which has both AT and MT tyres in this size and the AT looks good with aggressive tread pattern and also white lettering.

How is this brand, which I guess is Mumbai based ? the price seems to be similar to other brands though !

Swami
Old 20th June 2023, 12:07   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
How is this brand, which I guess is Mumbai based ? the price seems to be similar to other brands though !

Swami
We are having a great discussion for Jimny Tires & Wheels on this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...de-thread.html (Maruti Suzuki Jimny : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
quickdraw is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 12:24   #858
BHPian

VivekWalia1986 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 13:40   #859
BHPian

I am trying to cancel my booking for the Jimny online but every time I get an error message asking me to contact the Nexa dealership. According to the sales rep at Nexa, the booking can only be cancelled online. My friend is having the same issue for his booking for the Fronx.

Is anyone facing this same issue? Any solutions for this?
TIA
Old 20th June 2023, 17:41   #860
BHPian

Congratulations to the new owners and also a few questions:

1. If possible, kindly share who was your insurance provider and what did you pay for your insurance.
2. Did they insist on you to buy their extended warranty?
3. And also please share if you may have bought any other add-on e.g. MCP, Auto Card etc.

My dealer is acting a bit funny wrt to insurance. In one instance he was unsure about the possibility of me buying my own insurance and when pressed, suggested that they will "try" and match the price for my warranty quote. And was also bit pushy wrt to extended warranty, MCP, Auto Card etc.

This is what has been quoted to me for the Zeta Auto (apart from ex showroom, TCS, Registration fee, which are as per norm):

Insurance (1+2): Rs 53000
Extended Warranty 5yrs : Rs 30000
HSRP: Rs 1000
Fast Tag: Rs 500
Accessory Kit: Rs 25000
MCP (2yr/20000 Km) : Rs 8100
Auto Card: Rs 885

What and where can I save here? Thank you.

Last edited by sammysossa : 20th June 2023 at 17:49. Reason: Updated insurance duration
Old 20th June 2023, 18:06   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidjohri View Post
At the outset many congratulations to the proud owners who have received their mountain goats.

I just wanted to understand if anyone has observed any niggles (minor or major) in their machines so far (may include mechanical, electrical, cosmetic, infotainment-related, or any other concern). As far as I can recall a significant chunk of Mahindra Thar (closest competitor) owners had issues to report from the delivery date itself.
Hi,

Thanks, got the Nexa Blue yesterday, drove around today, very comfortable in city, acceleration is sedate, no seat height adjustment that is the only thing missed, i miss the refinement and acceleration of the Baleno RS though, other thing is no running in instructions anywhere except a small placard regarding 4w drive notes. Overall it is better than expected and will be a good run about during the week and a proper Sport Utility Vehicle over the weekend.
chsai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 18:08   #862
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
Insurance (1+2): Rs 53000
Extended Warranty 5yrs : Rs 30000
HSRP: Rs 1000
Fast Tag: Rs 500
Accessory Kit: Rs 25000
MCP (2yr/20000 Km) : Rs 8100
Auto Card: Rs 885

What and where can I save here? Thank you.
Insurance - do get quote for same cover and preferred insurance provider for the workshop and if the dealership can match it, go with that.

Accessory kit- apart from floor mats and mudflaps, what is there worth adding?

Auto card again is a 50/50 option, they do give some decent offers and discount at Nexa I remember. So if your usage is going to be on the higher side, you can opt for it.

Rest all looks good.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 18:40   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Yokohama Geolanders have white lettering available with some dealers, i got them 215/75/15 and they look fantastic!!
chsai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 18:57   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsai View Post
Hi,

Thanks, got the Nexa Blue yesterday, drove around today, very comfortable in city, acceleration is sedate, no seat height adjustment that is the only thing missed, i miss the refinement and acceleration of the Baleno RS though, other thing is no running in instructions anywhere except a small placard regarding 4w drive notes. Overall it is better than expected and will be a good run about during the week and a proper Sport Utility Vehicle over the weekend.
Congratulations- any new car introduction should also have couple of photos posted Nexa blue would be a wonderful colour. Enjoy your drive

Swami

Last edited by swami69 : 20th June 2023 at 18:59.
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 19:04   #865
BHPian

Quote:
, searching for some tyre brands in the the size 215 75/R15 and there are few options like Yokohama, Continental, Goodyear, etc., but none of them are having a white lettering, which I thought would look good on a Jimny - White with Black Steel wheels (ZETA).

Swami
You can also look for JK Ranger with white letters. They have decent performance for the price.
Old 20th June 2023, 19:09   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Congratulations!

1. Did you replace the RS for the Jimny? I have a JTP and contemplating getting the Jimny.

2. Pls share pics of the Nexa Blue with the Yokohama's
Old 20th June 2023, 19:12   #867
BHPian

Any one has running in instructions?
Old 20th June 2023, 19:20   #868
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any one has running in instructions?
For modern cars there is not much of such instructions these days, only thing is use it normally while following some common sensical mechanical principles.

This (ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car) thread has pretty much covered if you really would like to deep dive.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 19:43   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesh4munni View Post
Congratulations!

1. Did you replace the RS for the Jimny? I have a JTP and contemplating getting the Jimny.
No the RS will be used for Motorsport @proace_motorsport

2. Pls share pics of the Nexa Blue with the Yokohama's
Pic of Jimny with upgraded 215/75/15 Yokohama |Geolanders before delivery Maruti Jimny Review-jimny-edited-jun-23.jpg
chsai is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 22:13   #870
BHPian

Just brought my Jimny home today. Picked up from the showroom at 6 pm and went straight to change the boots to 215 Yokohama Geolanders.

I am not an expert in driving analysis, but compared to the Brio and Baleno CVT, the Jimny did not feel underpowered. Reading the reviews, I kind of expected it to be struggling to cross 100. The AT is a little noisy, like the Baleno CVT but it is predictable and linear. I didn't drive too much beyond 100, but crossed the 80 mark and the associated chimes came in quite fast and multiple times between traffic signals.

I also liked the height. Even though it has the same dimensions as say, the Nexon. Sitting next to one, you look into the Nexon. A Thar, sitting in the next lane, obviously, dwarfed both of us.

The steering, while not hard, needs some getting used to. At the gas station, I had trouble initially judging the turns required. On the road, it was a little better.

The things I don't like are the annoying chimes of the rear seat belts, the fixed driver seat height and the bad quality and even angle of the rear view camera.

I didn't notice much difference after changing tyres, but then I didn't drive too much either. It felt a little more surefooted but that might be me imagining things. Road noise also didn't seem to change much.

I really wanted the roof rails, but the dealership does not have them in stock nor does it know the price. This is the first Jimny they have sold and they are still getting the hang of things.

Here are the before and after tyre change pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img20230620204616.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230620204628.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230620204644.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230620204712.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230620191244.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230620191232.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230620185715.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 21st June 2023 at 18:44. Reason: Edited for better readability
astrodex is offline   (51) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks