Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2023, 12:44   #796
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Reviewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I have done 400 kms as of now and will be adding another 600-700 kms to it over this weekend in the Himalayas. Will pen down a short ownership review then.

Just added this sticker and a spare tyre cover, since I am not a fan of that plastic one from the accessories bucket. Also a tiny update on headlights, the throw is nice and wide with an excellent cut off, the lights could have been slightly brighter though, or may be I am just spoilt by super bright LED/HID set up in my Thar.

The Essential Sticker
Attachment 2464535
Stepney Cover Not bad for 500 bucks
Attachment 2464536
Low beam, cut off line on wall.
Attachment 2464537
High beam
Attachment 2464538
The tyre cover indeed looks good. Where can we buy this from? NCR?
ashnd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 12:49   #797
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivekWalia1986 View Post
235/75 R15 tyres looks good On Jimny

https://Youtu.be/yAqsd7mq_MY
This gentleman “appeared” to be so knowledgeable but that thought quickly turned around when he said that with these(235s) tyres he will be able to reach higher speeds quicker. Its other way around, these heavier tyres will bog down the jimny. Also without a lift kit, these tyres will rub upon flexing when offroading. Best(Upmost) tyre size for a Jimny without lift kit is 215/75r15.

Last edited by mathur2012 : 17th June 2023 at 12:52.
mathur2012 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 12:52   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Looks like NEXA Bangalore dealers are finally getting their display cars. Yelahanka is slated to display from today afternoon onwards.

Demos expected to start from 22nd, Friday next. I guess KA RTOs are still in the process of 'approving' the Jimny variants in their records.
It is already on display at Nexa RR nagar where it was first launched.
kesh4munni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 12:53   #799
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsferrari View Post
You can get an air-vell cushion from amazon for around 3K. Alternatively you can make a custom cushion at a bike seat shop with dual density foam.
Thanks. I am not able to find the Air-Vell cushion on Amazon. Could you share a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes they do but will really bog down the car. Apparently 215 to 235 slows down 0-100kmph by 3 seconds.
I guess, if one really wanted a fast highway car - then there are many better options.

An off-roader without street cred will be a pity for most Jimny owners. The 235s will vastly improve the street cred of Jimny. With the stock tyres - the Jimny looks a bit short, and badly under-tyred. Both these problems will be sorted out by all-terrain 235 tyres. It probably needs a few more mods - roof rack, side ladder, light bar, etc - to earn full street cred.

Capability (4x4, off-road, on-road)
Street Cred
Practicality
Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Value for money

You can't have it all - one will have to give up some of the last 3, to get some of the top 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
This gentleman “appeared” to be so knowledgeable but that thought quickly turned around when he said that with these(235s) tyres he will be able to reach higher speeds quicker. Its other way around, these heavier tyres will bog down the jimny. Also without a lift kit, these tyres will rub upon flexing when offroading. Best(Upmost) tyre size for a Jimny without lift kit is 215/75r15.
He may not be entirely wrong? At slower city speeds, the higher traction due to larger tyre contact area may indeed help with quicker acceleration? In that sense - the 235s might be superior in the city and off-road, while 215s would be superior on the highways.

Last edited by PYSO : 17th June 2023 at 13:02.
PYSO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 13:02   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Thanks. I am not able to find the Air-Vell cushion on Amazon. Could you share a link
My bad! I meant to type air-cell. It is not a brand, it is more of a long distance fatigue reducing air cushion.

Link: FEGO FLOAT Thermoplastic Polyurethane Air Suspension Seat Cushion For Car Accessories To Reduce Backpain And Provide Tailbone Support (Black), Pack of 1 https://amzn.eu/d/hKSVeDQ
gsferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 13:41   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
If somebody is yearning for a 6AT over the 4AT that Maruti provided, let me share my experience from the test drive of Jimny 4AT and comparison with my K15C 6AT XL6.
Having driven an i10 with a similar 4AT for 13 years, 2 major negatives are:

1. Overtaking annoyance: I mostly drive in Himachal on roads with no dividers. When you gotta overtake, you have to make it quick. This very commonly requires me to get the gearbox into 2nd gear, which as you can imagine gets noisy. I like to drive smoothly, and this just ruins the whole experience, especially since you can only mash the throttle and wait for the gear to engage.

2. Mileage: As a consequence of this frequent pulling in low gears, it's rare for the car to get into double digit mileage. To make that happen I have to make a conscious effort to drive slower and overtake less, which again can get very annoying as you end up blocking the flow of traffic, with a train of vehicles stuck behind you with time.

Personally, I don't like the concept of a 4AT in the Jimny at all, at least not at that price point.
RiderZone is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 14:08   #802
BHPian

Quote:
.. when he said that with these(235s) tyres he will be able to reach higher speeds quicker....
I think he meant higher speeds on lower RPMs when compared with 195/80 or 215/75 ones; which could translate to quicker speeds to some speed levels as well has more relaxed cruising speeds.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 15:28   #803
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore dealers have started getting demo cars, test drive hasn't started yet. As expected doesnot have road presence of Thar but fit and finish is better. A bit more practical option for some one who needs rear seats.

Maruti Jimny Review-pxl_20230617_054220988.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 16:05   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
Please could you let us know the prices for the Apollos, also what are the changes that you feel in the drive after the tyre swap?
Please see here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5567773 (Maruti Jimny Review)

It feels much more planted and stable then the stock 195/80R15. I would suggest to go for it on day 1 itself.
Old 17th June 2023, 16:50   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Also without a lift kit, these tyres will rub upon flexing when offroading. Best(Upmost) tyre size for a Jimny without lift kit is 215/75r15.
Well, this youtuber managed to get his front wheel rubbing against the bumper during extreme articulation. He was using 215/75R15 conti cross contact on offroad rims. 10:00 onwards
mpant05 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 17:06   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpadgieDrive View Post
In a place like Darjeeling, even to this day, we have the old Land Rovers plying the streets and the mountains.
Completely agree with you brother.
That place Maneybhanjang actually haunts one in the sleep. Those Land Rovers may no longer have the original petrol engines, but still chug their way up to Sandakphu and beyond effortlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpadgieDrive View Post
BTW I wish the likes of Creta and Nexon had AWD systems ....... just saying
India is deprived of many such pleasures. Even our own Ecosport had a AWD version sold in European markets but we never got to experience it.
aviator1101 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 17:27   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpant05 View Post
Well, this Youtuber managed to get his front wheel rubbing against the bumper during extreme articulation. He was using 215/75R15
215/75r15 are just 0.4 inch more in diameter than stock ones. Imagine what would happen with 235/75r15 without a lift kit which are 1.6inches more than stock one!
Old 17th June 2023, 17:55   #808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
A bit more practical option for some one who needs rear seats.
Agree. Dropped into NEXA Yelahanka for a dekko.

My initial thoughts are that the dark interiors were nice and looked pretty upmarket, front seats are intimate but nicely contoured, rear bench seat is small, rear legroom was average when adjusted to my driving position, reasonable boot for soft luggage / long weekend runs.

Instantly dismissed by better half as 'dwarf car'!

TD vehicles expected next week, both manual and AT.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2023, 18:57   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
Coming to rpms, 6AT does achieve 100kmph @2.1k compared to 2.9k in 4AT. On paper this looks alarming or frustrating. How it feels inside the car. I didn't feel any significantly high engine noise inside Jimnys cabin at those speed that i will be irritated with.
Not an Apples to apples comparison IMHO.
The S-Cross can maintain 100kmph around 2000-2100 rpm without a sweat with the same engine and auto tranny as the Jimny.
As a fellow amateur I am guessing it might just be how the transmission is tuned for highway vs. off-road driving in the 2 vehicles.
Old 17th June 2023, 19:13   #810

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpant05 View Post
Well, this Youtuber managed to get his front wheel rubbing against the bumper during extreme articulation. He was using 215/75R15 conti cross contact on offroad rims. 10:00 onwards
https://Youtu.be/hHiBdOlxJh4
That is one hardcore youtuber, really pushing the jimny within days of buying it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks