Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2024, 16:06   #3556
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish B View Post
Guys,

5. ⁠Suspension is bouncy (on highway speeds) and car feels like a boat. Planning suspension upgrade to tunable struts with OEM springs. No lift needed. Should run planted after that. Looking for options.

6. ⁠Steering is lazy, needs sharpening. Exploring upgrade options.

Cheers.
Congrats on your car.
Please check Tyre pressure. Ride Should be ok as per Reviews or you need to get used to Ladder on frame chassis.I suggest not to fiddle with steering.

Did you check engine time on your car at delivery?

Today my car reached stock yard. I have Done PDI .Kms reading is 17 kms. Engine time is 2hrs 49 mins. Is it normal? Can any one interpret Chassis No : MA3JJCXXXXE184XXX? Manufacture Month..
Old 22nd August 2024, 16:30   #3557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I suppose TCS receipt as and when available with dealership.
Thanks for the reply abhi_tjet. Wasn't aware of TCS receipt actually. Much helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Today my car reached stock yard. I have Done PDI .Kms reading is 17 kms. Engine time is 2hrs 49 mins. Is it normal?
Hi,
Congrats in advance for your Jimny.
+1
My car too had around 2hrs+ mins actually. I didn't bother much on it. Might not be an issue.
Let's see what other bhpians might suggest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Can any one interpret Chassis No : MA3JJCXXXXE184XXX? Manufacture Month.
11 the letter is E, which signifies it's May manufactured.
Kindly check 10th letter as well, which is more important. It's the year part, R=2024 and P=2023 manufactured.

Regards,
Chandan

Last edited by DLC5005 : 22nd August 2024 at 16:34.
DLC5005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2024, 16:53   #3558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish B View Post
5. ⁠Suspension is bouncy (on highway speeds) and car feels like a boat. Planning suspension upgrade to tunable struts with OEM springs. No lift needed. Should run planted after that. Looking for options.

6. ⁠Steering is lazy, needs sharpening. Exploring upgrade options.
Congratulations. Above points to me are the biggest negative's in Jimny. Many praise the ride quality of Jimny, its great at slow speeds/Offroad or on bad roads, the moment you gain speed the soft rear suspension is annoying, especially when road surface is uneven. To me the car gives up before the engine. After market tires help a bit, but I find suspension bit too soft for my liking. The steering, yes is slow and takes away some of the fun, what otherwise would have been compact fun SUV.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 12:21   #3559
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
The one change that I have made is adding a GAN tuning chip to the OBD port that gives better performance & drivability.
Where did you source the GAN tuning chip? Any official dealers in India?
Old 23rd August 2024, 14:29   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Where did you source the GAN tuning chip? Any official dealers in India?
Yes, There is one in Gurgaon. You may contact him (Rahul/ GAN/ 9811268784). even I am considering. Cheers.
Old 23rd August 2024, 15:56   #3561
BHPian

Hi All,

Sharing an update after the 3rd long-distance trip done in the Jimny since purchase in Dec'23. (1st one Spiti, 2nd one Ladakh), This time, it was Independence Day long weekend sojourn to Rajasthan. The Jimny has done around 13k km till date.

Total distance travelled 1720 km. Average fuel economy ~15 kmpl.

I used cruise control at 110 kmph on the Gurugram - Mumbai expressway (Speed limit of 120 kmph) for a steady amount of time. This was a 1st on the Jimny for me.

Mix driving of tarmac, and village roads with curated off-road dune bashing, river crossing, jungle trail overlanding, rock crawling and river bed driving in the rains.

This one didn't bat an eyelid and crossed all obstacles without fuss. The only place I did not venture was deep water wading (where the water was coming to the headlights of a Toyota Hilux).

To remedy & future-proof any unplanned water wading I am considering a Snorkel.

I have heard about diff. breather kits. Are these required for the Jimny? Are there any reliable sources to get one?

Also, my Jimny continues to remain stock apart from GAN. I continue to feel no fatigue after long drives and the handling on both tarmac and bad roads is acceptable and fuss-free. I maintain a manufacturer-recommended PSI of 26 on all 4 stock tyres.
prateekswarup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2024, 20:13   #3562
BHPian

After buying our Jimny, the first thing my dad and grandma told me was that they needed a sidestep to climb! So here I am asking if anyone installed sidestep for their Jimny and any good suggestions on where it can be fitted here in Bengaluru.
I found this link - Has anybody installed this?
Also, Why does Suzuki offer sidestep for Brezza and GV and not for Jimny??
Old 23rd August 2024, 20:31   #3563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi all,
Need some information.

Last week I took the delivery of my Jimny.
As part of documentation I received below documents:
1. RC/RTO payment challan
2. Invoice copy
3. Insurance copy
4. Advance and payment receipts
5. Fastag

What I wanted to know is :
1.Was I supposed to get any document related to standard 3 year warranty?(Haven't opted for extended warranty yet)
(Forgot to ask during vehicle delivery in hurry)

2. Any other documents that I am supposed to collect?

Thank you
Chandan
2. Invoice copy -What was the Breakup ?

Money Transferred today. Tomorrow TR formalities will be completed and I will take delivery on Sunday.
Old 23rd August 2024, 22:17   #3564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutHead1270 View Post
After buying our Jimny, the first thing my dad and grandma told me was that they needed a sidestep to climb! So here I am asking if anyone installed sidestep for their Jimny and any good suggestions on where it can be fitted here in Bengaluru.
I found this link - Has anybody installed this?
Also, Why does Suzuki offer sidestep for Brezza and GV and not for Jimny??
Consider the swastik fab side step. Bhpian Hemanth has it installed. Acts as both side step and rock slider.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...515_082853.jpg
Way2Jimny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 07:48   #3565
BHPian

Quote:
After buying our Jimny, the first thing my dad and grandma told me was that they needed a sidestep to climb!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Jimny View Post
Consider the swastik fab side step. Bhpian Hemanth has it installed. Acts as both side step and rock slider.
I'm just wondering that if your use for the rock-slider / side step is only for climbing into the car then is it worthwhile to add about 15-20 kg of dead weight onto an already heavy vehicle.

Can there be a simpler and lighter solution to help old folks climb into the Jimny? Perhaps if you are in Bangalore, Swastik Fabs or another fabricator can design an aluminium step which would be much lighter and smaller and serve the purpose well.
dileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 08:58   #3566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Jimny View Post
Consider the swastik fab side step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Swastik Fabs or another fabricator can design an aluminium step which would be much lighter and smaller and serve the purpose well.
Thank you for the suggestions, I will surely consider it.
Is there any drilling required? It seems like a easy fit.

Also two things I wanted to ask,
1. Will the boot space be sufficient during a trip for a family of 4 (Around 4 backpacks and 1 or 2 small bags). I don't want to install roof rails and deal with more wind noise. So we didn't choose to install any, and maybe we will have an idea after the trip. Luggage nets can also be considered, I think.
2. Does the spare wheel get an alloy? I have seen so many Jimnys with alloy spare wheel without the cover and it looks sooo good. It is a silly question to ask considering the amount of cost cutting Suzuki does.
Old 24th August 2024, 09:32   #3567
Distinguished - BHPian

When I reach home and if I like the song that's playing, I would wait till the song is over before turning off the music. Jimny turns off the music player when I turn off the ignition (start-stop button). I used to get irritated by this as I didn't want to keep the engine running just to listen to the song. I found that if you turn off the engine with the AT in D mode (instead of P mode), the music player stays on with everything else shut off.
androdev is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 12:02   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
1. Will the boot space be sufficient during a trip for a family of 4?
Jimny's boot space is decent, especially vertical space.
So depending on size and shape of the luggage, you can try to arrange the luggage vertically.

Quote:
2. Does the spare wheel get an alloy? I have seen so many Jimnys with alloy spare wheel without the cover and it looks sooo good.
Yes, Alpha variant gets alloy wheel as spare.
Actually, it looks good without the spare wheel cap.But, make sure to get the centre black hub cap to complete the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I found that if you turn off the engine with the AT in D mode (instead of P mode), the music player stays on with everything else shut off.
Nice
But in this case, before we exit the car, aren't we supposed to restart/ignition on and then put to P?
Without slotting to P we either get beep or it won't allow us to lock the car. Just my guess. Haven't paid much attention though
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2024, 12:59   #3569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Yes, Alpha variant gets alloy wheel as spare.
Actually, it looks good without the spare wheel cap.But, make sure to get the centre black hub cap to complete the look.
What!?! That's such great news, Will remove the wheel cover right away!
Old 24th August 2024, 14:36   #3570

Is it worth buying a Suzuki Connect device as an accessory and getting installed on Jimny? The cost is Rs.11990/- with a three-year subscription

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks