Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2024, 22:14   #3526
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewsymbol View Post
The car makes a small beep every time you lock or unlock it, I do not like that, not sure how to turn that off.

Congratulations on your new Jimny! Wishing you thousands of kms of exploration.

Below is how you can deactivate siren/beep.
Refer the highlighted section.

Hope this helps.
Maruti Jimny Review-img_8018.jpeg
abhi_tjet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 23:22   #3527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
My Jimny’s reverse sensor are not working and instead car beeps continuously when I slot to reverse. Looked at setting in MID and head unit but could not find anything related to sensors. Am I missing something? I suspect this is a rat bite and plan to get same checked at service center.
One or more reverse parking sensor has gone kaput, happened thrice in my Baleno and is perfectly safe to use your vehicle in this state. This beep pattern can be decoded by reading the owner's manual, I did the same. Don't worry, just take your vehicle to MASS and get it replaced during under warranty. Try to not let them run hit and trial method by popping every sensor out as it will leave nasty scratches. They have OBD tools but rarely use them.

Parking sensors are one the many known and common failure points in a Maruti.
Bhuvan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2024, 15:54   #3528

The first service of our Jimny is due soon.

We bought it from Nexa Chembur (Autovista) (Mumbai) but are planning to get it serviced from Nexa Sai Service (Dadar), as the Chembur dealer team didn't really 'know' the car's features. I had a feeling that Sai Service will be more knowledgeable about the Jimny.

I went through the forum and have decided to ask for an oil change in the 1,000km service though the manual says it isn't needed. Is there anything else that should be looked at?
Old 15th August 2024, 20:37   #3529
BHPian

Jimny Grille - the way I think it should have been in my humble opinion. Let me take you through my "Grille Journey" and explain.

Maruti Suzuki provided a OEM Grille for the 5 door Jimny, full of bling with an excessive dose of chrome, for both for the Indian as well as the International markets in the 5 door made in India version (the quality of the plastics in the OEM grille is top notch though). It frankly looks slightly over the top and this is the reason one of the first few mods made by Jimny owners is the grille change to an aftermarket one.

The following is my journey with the Jimny Grille.

The latest version of the grille (and I hope the final one)- body colour painted with certain portions black and grey:

Maruti Jimny Review-body-colour-grill-1.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-body-colour-grill-2.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-body-colour-grill-3.jpg

The aftermarket grille that I replaced the OEM with:
Maruti Jimny Review-aftermarket-grille-suzuki-logo.jpg

The OEM Grille that the Jimny came with:
Maruti Jimny Review-img_6414.jpg

The front of the Jimny always looked to me as if it was incomplete or that something was missing. Took a chance since the OEM grille was lying unused and got it painted in the body colour by giving the official paint code for painting it Kinetic yellow. Got the chrome panel inserts painted black and the Suzuki "S" logo painted the colour of the alloys. A lot of inspiration for this idea came from the Gen 3 grilles. A look at the photos enclosed under would explain what I mean.

This is the Suzuki Jimny History from Gen 1 to Gen 4 where the best looking grille IMO was the Gen 3 grille:
Maruti Jimny Review-suzukijimnybriefhistory291536x864.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-suzukijimnysierra-3rd-generation.jpg

Most aftermarket Chinese made grilles (read all) available in India are of much inferior and poor quality compared to the OEM. In fact Suzuki UK official has the retro styled grille as an aftermarket accessory - Product code - 9911C-78R00-ZSC (photo of the grille under) which at £207.24 (INR 22,300 - price in UK) is not exactly cheap - compared to the OEM grille replacement cost in India at Rs. 4700.
Maruti Jimny Review-suzuki-uk-retro-styled-oem-grille-grille.jpg

The international markets where the Jimny is sold also have a huge number of owners opting for after market grilles- a few examples of the aftermarket third party quality grilles being sold (most would cost INR 55k to 60K onward landed into India with freight, duty and GST paid - expensive!!!) :
https://compassauto.jp/search?q=grille
https://streettracklife.com/search?t...=last&q=grille
https://www.nengun.com/apio/vintage-...rill-jb64-jb74

All in all I am now one happy Jimny owner with the way the grille has turned out and how it fits into the front aesthetics of the Jimny. Also hope this is the final one (cannot bet of this though as the itch to put something new has become a weekly ritual with most of us Jimny owners) .

PS : Credits for the last 3 photos to the respective owners.
ShivC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2024, 09:45   #3530
BHPian

Finally after a year long wait, my Jimny is home.
Took delivery of my White Rhino last week.

Slowly everyone at home too have started liking it.
Their only concern now is space. Might have to borrow my father's vehicles from now on, when more people or luggage criteria arises.

Have taken it out only 2 days, and atleast 5 people have come up and asked details on Jimny. Many were even shocked to know it has 4x4. Thanks to Maruti Suzuki's price goof-up, there are not many Jimnys on road like Thar (atleast in my hometown).

Meanwhile sold my other car, Duster D 85Ps RXZ (18k kms run).
Was very difficult to part ways with it. Wished to keep duster too, but with Jimny and other vehicles at home, couldn't afford to keep/maintain Duster.

Last pic of my Duster. (Clicked before delivery yesterday)
Maruti Jimny Review-picsart_240816_092217728.jpg

And to console myself, have a head vs heart decision.
My White Rhino - Jimny.
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240808_121715.jpg

Hopefully it will be reliable and planning to keep it for as long as possible.

Regards,
Chandan
DLC5005 is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks