Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2024, 13:51   #3451

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Hi all,
I am writing for the first time in team bhp. I just want to pen down my experience with throttle controller. I have been using the evc-x tc and my Jimny Alpha AT has clocked more than 10000kms. From last month onwards i noticed that when ever i put my car in park or neutral it started revving with out accelerator input and rpm reached up to 3500 to 4000. It came down to almost 2000rpm when changed to drive or reverse. It was not during cold start. It was there only in adapt and all ultimate mods. I have been driving in eco mode since then. Since the issue was not persistent i never visited the service centre even though they advised me to bring the car for scan. Today my service light was lit constantly and after the OBD scan, service manager told every thing is related most probably due to tc and it has been disconnected now. Anyone has any experience like this?
Old 30th July 2024, 13:56   #3452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motolysis View Post
I used Zekardo for the PDI which was done at the dealer stockyard. The Zekardo technician seemed impressed and said the car was perfect on all parameters and added that this is usually the case with most Suzuki cars. Zekardo gave it a perfect score of 10 with all parameters well within the expected range.
Congratulations on the Jimny!

OT: Maybe advise Zekardo to also do a PDI of their site, why are they using Jimny 3 door photo when it isn’t even on sale in India?
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:04   #3453
BHPian

I had booked Jimny however had to cancel due to extremely bad experience from dealership where they not only messed up my loan application, however also as ked for processing fees.

Worst part was they were asking me to sign form 28, 29, and 30 in blank (which is for vehicle ownership transfer). On asking why this is required when hypothecation will be done, the response was - bank needs these for loan disbursement - else don't take the loan (which I chose as till date no one has asked me to sign these forms during loan disbursement)
shashankrt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:38   #3454
BHPian

Booked a Black Alpha Automatic Jimny with 1.8lks +1.5lks+Dealer Discs. Car Is in Transit. its May Manufactured Car. Is it safe to take Loan before PDI. Please Advice. RM says offer ending by Tommorrow.
Vulken Auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 15:46   #3455

You can apply for loan and it will be done by the time the car reaches at the dealership. You can tell the bank not to disburse the loan before your confirmation. Once you are good with the PDI, you can instruct the bank to disburse the amount to the dealer A/C.
Rev4×4 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 17:09   #3456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Booked a Black Alpha Automatic Jimny with 1.8lks +1.5lks+Dealer Discs. Car Is in Transit. its May Manufactured Car. Is it safe to take Loan before PDI. Please Advice. RM says offer ending by Tomorrow.
Same drama here in bangalore as well "Vehicle is in transit and no clarity on whether it is May or June manufactured.. Offer ends tomorrow, have to complete loan disbursement by tomorrow. I have flat out denied paying anything above the booking amount before doing the PDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev4×4 View Post
You can apply for loan and it will be done by the time the car reaches at the dealership. You can tell the bank not to disburse the loan before your confirmation. Once you are good with the PDI, you can instruct the bank to disburse the amount to the dealer A/C.
But the SA is insisting that loan disbursement shld be done by tomorrow. I assume to fill his quota for the month. I'm not inclined to do that and have asked him to call if he is ready to accept booking amount till PDI is completed.
Old 30th July 2024, 20:46   #3457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Added 831 KMs over the weekend, odometer is now at 5,600 KMs.
Your Jimny travelogues are goals @sinharishi! 5600 km when I've barely crossed 1K, and that too in a month or so! And what lovely locations you've managed to reach!
Keep on keeping on and wishing you even more smiles per mile as you go along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I took the delivery last Friday and enjoying every moment with Jimny. Have done couple of drives already and odometer is well past 200 kms.

Some random observations-
  • I will reiterate what other members have mentioned already. This is an attention magnet.
  • Though compact this gives a proper SUV feel. The high perch, visible bonnet, ladder frame characteristics, slow steering, it’s all wonderful.
  • Enough said about ride quality . It just dismisses bad roads with aplomb and minimum disturbance is felt inside.
  • Engine is smooth and I like the note when it’s revved. Fuel efficiency looks decent to me.
  • Coming from a Linea, this is as modern car as one can get minus the 4 speed TC transmission. It gets big touch screen with Wireless CarPlay , 6 airbags, cruise control, LED headlights, keyless entry and start, ISS, reverse camera and some more.
Congratulations and welcome to the J-club @abhi_tjet! The yellow is absolutely lovely and stands out so brilliantly in the rainy backdrop. Wishing you millions of miles and millions of smiles per mile in this little imp of a car!

And the car is an attention magnet, it is not? I think because it's so rare people tend to look more and ask themselves - why aren't there more of these good looking - no, HAPPY looking cars on the road And you are spot on about the engine note. I've heard it called a 'whine' but I think it's pretty cool sounding. Good to hear someone else say it seems like a modern car because it does seem as much a lifestyle vehicle as a decent city car. And with our cities becoming off-road circuits especially during the rains, it's a great car to have. The smile you get when others slow down on potholes and you just ride over them is priceless.

Here's hoping to run into you on one of our trips to Pune, or maybe at the off-roading academy that side (which I plan to join once I get the courage to!)

Cheers and keep on keeping on. Drive safe and have fun!

Quote:
The car assigned is manufactured in July 2024 and has run 33 km. I used Zekardo for the PDI which was done at the dealer stockyard. The Zekardo technician seemed impressed and said the car was perfect on all parameters and added that this is usually the case with most Suzuki cars. Zekardo gave it a perfect score of 10 with all parameters well within the expected range.

Have been waiting for the paperwork for the loan to be done which is now over and I will most probably take the delivery tomorrow.
Been a while since I was this excited. Counting the hours!
Congratulations and by the time you read this, hope I can say welcome to the J-Club @Motolysis! Even I got the PDI done via Zerkado and they found it to be pretty flawless. I got a 9.9 due to a minor scratch near the bonnet but then my car was a few months old.

You hit the nail on the head when you said it's been a while since you were this excited. There's something about the Jimny that brings out the child waiting for their new toy in us! And the best part, it sure is no toy. Wait till you take it over any and all surfaces you can think of, it will make you want to keep driving it all the time!

Wishing you millions of miles and millions of smiles per mile in your new car! Do keep updating your ownership journey on this thread, and any and all accessories if you go for them once you get it. But for now I'll say just drive it and enjoy it - it's the most fun you can have while just driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankrt View Post
I had booked Jimny however had to cancel due to extremely bad experience from dealership where they not only messed up my loan application, however also as ked for processing fees.

Worst part was they were asking me to sign form 28, 29, and 30 in blank (which is for vehicle ownership transfer). On asking why this is required when hypothecation will be done, the response was - bank needs these for loan disbursement - else don't take the loan (which I chose as till date no one has asked me to sign these forms during loan disbursement)
Hi @shashankrt, I feel your pain. I had a similar experience during my long journey to buy a car. If I may suggest - if you love the Jimny, then please don't let the dealership experience stand in the way of getting the car. Was this the loan via MSIL, that entitled you for the extra 1.5L discount? I'd say go for another dealership or if not, then see if you can get a direct loan from your own bank, where you have an account. They are usually painless and in many cases, almost instant. I know you won't be able to avail the extra 1.5L but you'll get the car you want without the hassle of the dealership getting in the way. Just my way of looking at things but trust me a few weeks later this will sound like a funny incident, a side-quest you had on your way to buy the Jimny.
Cheers and all the best. Hope you find what your heart desires.
Evyas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 21:39   #3458

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
So anyone has done the tyre trade in recently in Bangalore for Jimny? Planning to keep the stock tyres in case I don't get any good deals.
I am not from Bangalore but had a similar experience in Gurgaon and adjacent areas. No one wants to buy the Jimny stock tyres as there is no demand. The best quote I got was 2500 per tyre and was quoted around 23k for 5 Yokohama Geolanders in exchange. I am thinking of going for the Yokos as I don't want to drive the stock for months and thousands of km.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
OT: Maybe advise Zekardo to also do a PDI of their site, why are they using Jimny 3 door photo when it isn’t even on sale in India?
I will definitely do that.
Quote:
I had a bad experience as well. All was well and I was at the dealership to take delivery today, I have even paid more than half the amount to the dealership but I wanted to quickly check a few things on the car before taking the delivery. The basics like if it was the same car I had gotten the PDI done for, whether there was any damage and whether the mileage added was sensible or not, based on the distance from the stockyard. And voila, I found the 4H indicator on in the display and the gear slotted in 4H. Upon speaking to the driver who drove the car from the stockyard I was absolutely sure it was driven in 4H from the stockyard to the showroom for a distance of around 14kms. I have gone through almost all threads on Jimny here on TBHP in anticipation of the wait and that includes the thread of the Jimny that was driven 6 km by the service centre guys in 4H. With all the information and misinformation that was corrected on that thread, I knew not to accept the car. So I was adamant and communicated the same to the sales head. Initially, the response was that we drive the test drive Jimny in 4H on the tarmac all the time so how come they aren't broken?
But, with my rudimentary explanation, they were very supportive and ready to provide a different car. So on to the stockyard again and since white was no longer available, I get to buy the Granite Grey which is what I wanted in the first place but the home ministry had denied it. Some silver lining I suppose. The car chosen is made in May 2024 and not July 2024 like the last one. Now I will do the PDI again tomorrow morning, on my own as Zekardo has all slots booked and my 2500 has already gone down the drain. I have asked to accompany the car from the stockyard to the Showroom tomorrow and they have agreed. So, hopefully, I will finally be a Jimny owner soon enough. Seems like I have aged 10 years due to all the stress of this whole Jimny buying saga.
Motolysis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 07:57   #3459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston_martyr View Post
Same drama here in bangalore as well "Vehicle is in transit and no clarity on whether it is May or June manufactured.. Offer ends tomorrow, have to complete loan disbursement by tomorrow. I have flat out denied paying anything above the booking amount before doing the PDI
I requested manager and talked him into processing the loan formalities after PDI.Dealership asked me to pay nominal token amount and proceed with login.They gave me vin number.Car will be delivered by next week. Bank approved my loan application with just KYC as amount was very less.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 31st July 2024 at 07:59.
Old 31st July 2024, 12:03   #3460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNayak View Post
So anyone has done the tyre trade in recently in Bangalore for Jimny ? Planning to keep the stock tyres in case I don't get any good deals.
The stock tyres are quite good. It will surprise you on the trails with its capabilities. I did manage to get the sidewall damaged on one though, which was mostly because of my carelessness. If you are okay with the skinny look of the stock ones, then keep them. Even if you damage a tyre, shops are more than happy to sell you a stock Jimny tyre for cheap rates.
arjunsatheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 14:20   #3461
BHPian

Everywhere I go - office, a friends meetup, many non motorhead people are discussing the Jimny discount and thinking about replacing their old hatchback or nearing 10 year old diesel vehicle (NCR problems).

I suspect this discounting gamble has resulted in Jimny entering non 4x4 enthusiasts to just have some idea about the Jimny and at the minimum have it in their mind/recall.

It will be interesting to know if Maruti were take back the discounts once and then have them appear for a short window pre Diwali or around December 2024. I guess many NCR guys might pick these up even as a primary vehicle.

And what if Maruti brings a 4x2 variant? I doubt that would be happening. But I think Maruti isn't throwing in the towel, specially as their lines would still be chugging out some international variants.
barcode is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 16:32   #3462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev4×4 View Post
Thanks, did the same. All formalities completed and got loan disbursal approval letter.Paid a refundable token amount to the dealer and received Vin Number. Car will reach the dealership by next week , once PDI is done will approve the loan and Transfer remaining funds.

Can Any one share experiences or downside of upgrading tyres to 215/75/R15.

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 31st July 2024 at 16:36.
Old 31st July 2024, 17:02   #3463
BHPian

Quote:

Hi @shashankrt, I feel your pain. I had a similar experience during my long journey to buy a car. If I may suggest - if you love the Jimny, then please don't let the dealership experience stand in the way of getting the car. Was this the loan via MSIL, that entitled you for the extra 1.5L discount? I'd say go for another dealership or if not, then see if you can get a direct loan from your own bank, where you have an account. They are usually painless and in many cases, almost instant. I know you won't be able to avail the extra 1.5L but you'll get the car you want without the hassle of the dealership getting in the way. Just my way of looking at things but trust me a few weeks later this will sound like a funny incident, a side-quest you had on your way to buy the Jimny.
Cheers and all the best. Hope you find what your heart desires.
Well I do love Jimny - however now buying it at any more than discounted price may not be a good decision. Loan was not an issue - the only reason I opted loan from MSIL was for discount. However seems they have some preferential partnership with Bank of Maharashtra as they are even now indirectly pressuring me to sign agreement and get disbursement if I want the discounted price. I even gave an option to pay 5 lakh as down payment and process loan vial MS but different bank tomorrow (as I am not comfortable signing some agreement in hurry and disburse 12 Lakhs without PDI)
If MS extends the offer till August then will buy Jimny at discounted price else well will have to let it go as might as well buy a THAR at 20 lakhs than buying Jimny at 16 lakhs and spending a lakh more in tyre upgrades, throttle controller and may be a remap.
This was and if in future, will be always heart over mind decision as frankly I don't need a Jimny but WANT it. Thats why I did not even look at other options as I can happily live with my 2017 Tiago & 2021 Harrier.

Last edited by shashankrt : 31st July 2024 at 17:03. Reason: Typos
Old 31st July 2024, 17:05   #3464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Everywhere I go - office, a friends meetup, many non motorhead people are discussing the Jimny discount and thinking about replacing their old hatchback or nearing 10 year old diesel vehicle (NCR problems).

I suspect this discounting gamble has resulted in Jimny entering non 4x4 enthusiasts to just have some idea about the Jimny and at the minimum have it in their mind/recall.

It will be interesting to know if Maruti were take back the discounts once and then have them appear for a short window pre Diwali or around December 2024. I guess many NCR guys might pick these up even as a primary vehicle.

And what if Maruti brings a 4x2 variant? I doubt that would be happening. But I think Maruti isn't throwing in the towel, specially as their lines would still be chugging out some international variants.
I have been told a different story. Apparently MS is planning to scale down Jimny production and hence this was kind of firesale? Or was this a story told to me to complete sale of jimny?
Old 31st July 2024, 17:34   #3465
BHPian

Quote:
I have been told a different story. Apparently MS is planning to scale down Jimny production and hence this was kind of firesale? Or was this a story told to me to complete sale of jimny?
This sale was on 2023 model initially, once all stock was sold, MS has disbursed 2024 stock. Most of south Indian dealerships are receiving Feb, March , and April Stock not from factory but from some Stock Yard only on order confirmations. No stock is available with dealers as far as I know. This is purely a Stock clearance exercise. Indian manufacturers are sitting on 60k Crores worth of inventory as per some news channel .I still think discount can go beyond this, wait till diwali. Im satisfied and really happy with what I got as I have postponed this purchase for almost 2 years. Reviews aside, I get goose bums when ever I drive Jimny. It reminds me of my gypsy days.

Skip to 2.10

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 31st July 2024 at 17:38.
Vulken Auto is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks