Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2024, 11:08   #3421

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
And, new Jimny owners, what was the amount you paid for extended warranty? And were you able to get this 3+3 years warranty?

Regards,
Chandan
Hey,

So this is indeed the case. I have been price hunting in multiple Nexa outlets for the Jimny and everyone is offering a warranty for 6 years and 1 lakh 60 thousand km.

Both Delhi and Gurgaon outlets offered an extended warranty for 38657 while two outlets in Shimla are offering it for 25405 and one quoted 32639. So it is all over the place.
I am going to sit down with the intent of booking it today at Gurgaon and see if they can match the price being offered in Himachal for the extended warranty or if there is a catch. The final price quoted in Gurgaon was 13.57 on-road for the Alpha Auto Single tone. In Shimla, it was 13.16 but I am pretty sure it will come below 13 once I Sit on the table as they promised to match the insurance amount I was getting online. (I was getting 26k while they quoted 38k) plus there is another 26k buffer discount being offered in Gurgaon so if that gets applied in Shimla it would bring the price to 12.81 on-road, which is crazy. The only catch is Shimla has a higher demand for the Jimny and they anyway get the stock from Gurgaon which would take around 10 days and that too they can't promise. So in case, this discount goes away after the 31st of July which is what the Nexa folks are saying (earlier they said the 25th of July) I would then have to cancel the booking because it really doesn't make sense to get the Jimny at its original launch price anymore and there is also this slight nagging doubt in my head whether the Jimny would last till the end of this year in India or end up being discontinued.

I really wish Suzuki India would just do away with the discounts and fix the price once and for all and save the prospective buyers the trouble of figuring out what is the right amount to be paid.
Motolysis is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 11:40   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard_storme View Post
Any know the latest offers in Bengaluru on Jimny Alpha AT? Heard the discounts are now upto 3L.
Minimum of 3.3L discount plus accessories can be negotiated for around 20k.
Old 23rd July 2024, 14:31   #3423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
So this won't be a long post since the long post is becoming REALLY long. So I want to take my time and get it just right.
Belated birthday wishes and congratulations! This car is an all heart purchase for most and yes a well deserving one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrashmisaurabh View Post
Hello everyone,

Took the delivery of my Jimny today from Nexa Roorkee.
Congratulations and have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I am getting Alpha AT Kinetic Yellow dual tone.

Mine arrived today
Woah it is raining Jimny's and congratulations. I love the yellow this is the colour that brings out the Jimny emotions out!
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 14:54   #3424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Jimny View Post
Minimum of 3.3L discount plus accessories can be negotiated for around 20k.
Which dealer is this? I have been talking to Kalyani and Surakshaa, but I wasn't able to hit these numbers. Got 180000 (offer) + 40000 (dealer discount). Opted out of the finance scheme.
Old 23rd July 2024, 18:20   #3425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
Which dealer is this? I have been talking to Kalyani and Surakshaa, but I wasn't able to hit these numbers. Got 180000 (offer) + 40000 (dealer discount). Opted out of the finance scheme.
You will have to go for the finance scheme to get the full discount. 1,80,000 Rs + 1,50,000 Rs.
Way2Jimny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 10:43   #3426
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi All,
I heard from few of my friends that, Maruti is now offering 3 years warranty on its vehicles as standard.(Earlier it was 2 years?)
Hence with the extended warranty for 3 years, it makes a total of 6 years warranty.
I took delivery on 6th July from Delhi.
Standard Warranty was 2 years and Extended Warranty for additional 3 years / 1L km.
Extended Warranty cost Rs 25,405 for Alpha AT.
Normally dealers quote combined price of EW and CCP. I asked for break-up and opted out of CCP Platinum Plus 2 years (Rs 9,652)
Old 24th July 2024, 13:11   #3427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
Standard Warranty was 2 years and Extended Warranty for additional 3 years / 1L km.
Extended Warranty cost Rs 25,405 for Alpha AT.
Normally dealers quote combined price of EW and CCP. I asked for break-up and opted out of CCP Platinum Plus 2 years (Rs 9,652)
Hi, thanks for the update.

Dealership near me is quoting, 3 yrs standard warranty+3 years extended warranty for 33,349/-.
So not sure if it's combined with CCP or not.
Will ask for a break up for given price.
Old 24th July 2024, 13:45   #3428
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motolysis View Post
Both Delhi and Gurgaon outlets offered an extended warranty for 38657 while two outlets in Shimla are offering it for 25405 and one quoted 32639. So it is all over the place.
Correct price of EW is Rs 25,405 (incl. 18% GST). This is what I paid on 6th July 2024.

The higher amount is EW and CCP combined. Dealers usually follow the practice of quoting combined price and calling it EW. Ask for break-up of EW and CCP and the clear picture will emerge.

Quote:
The final price quoted in Gurgaon was 13.57 on-road for the Alpha Auto Single tone. In Shimla, it was 13.16
On-road? Do you mean including RTO?
If so, registration charges are less in HP, therefore the price difference.

I bought ICICI Lombard insurance from Maruti for Alpha AT for Rs 32,080 after a 50% NCB. For the same add-on's, some were even lower priced and some higher.
TSS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 14:10   #3429

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
Correct price of EW is Rs 25,405 (incl. 18% GST). This is what I paid on 6th July 2024.

The higher amount is EW and CCP combined. Dealers usually follow the practice of quoting combined price and calling it EW. Ask for break-up of EW and CCP and the clear picture will emerge.

On-road? Do you mean including RTO?
If so, registration charges are less in HP, therefore the price difference.

I bought ICICI Lombard insurance from Maruti for Alpha AT for Rs 32,080 after a 50% NCB. For the same add-on's, some were even lower priced and some higher.
Yes, I meant including RTO. RTO in shimla is 65k. In gurgaon it's 120k. I am getting a 12 day old manufactured car from gurgaon for a price of 13.35L with EW (without CCP) and insurance and accessories worth 10k. Plus accessories worth 15k for free. This is for the Auto Alpha.

So EW was indeed including CCP which they said is for wrong fuel and water damage, so I have asked them to remove that as insurance already includes engine cover. They are offering ICICI insurance for 36k which if taken directly from ICICI would cost me 27k. So a difference of 9k (Same add-ons for both.). But they said I have to take the insurance from them or else no discounts.

I am also taking a loan of 1.5 lakh for 2 years with zero foreclosure charges. Just to avail the discount of 1.5L. I asked if the loan could be for 1 lakh and 1 year but the said the minimum would be 2 years and 1.5L. I intend to close this right away as soon as possible. I negotiated a similar price in Dwarka,Delhi (but for HR26 Registration) which was 13.33L but free accesories worth 10k instead of 15k.

I dropped the idea of getting it from HP as they weren't sure of getting stocks before 31st and there is a possibility the discount might be discontinued after that. So I am not taking that risk. Although I am still to get the green light for the free accesories worth 15k at Gurgaon, I have paid the booking amount. If I don't get the confirmation by today I will book in Delhi.

So much hoopla for squeezing the most discount possible, but it has been a fun experience.
Motolysis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 16:02   #3430
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
So much hoopla for squeezing the most discount possible, but it has been a fun experience.
It's a steal deal. Lots of potential buyers sitting on the fence have bought. Just go ahead and take advantage of the discounts.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th July 2024 at 19:07. Reason: typo
TSS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2024, 19:02   #3431
BHPian

Congratulations to all the new owners! Good to see the increasing numbers within our small community of car ‘enthusiasts’.

My Jimny completed a year last month. Given my limited running and it sharing the garage with Linea Tjet, it just did about 7,000 km during this period. 5,500 of these 7,000 would have been in the Himalayas. So, no complaints.

Took the car to Hatu Peak (Narkanda) earlier this month. It did exceptionally well on wet and slippery conditions. Climbing up the Hatu Peak was easy in 2wd. Kept mostly in ‘2’ and at times in ‘L’. The narrow track is a boon on such narrow roads. Just wish the turning radius wasn’t so huge. The misty environment and lack of crowd made it an enjoyable drive. What made the drive to Narkanda even better was that I got stage 1+ remap done by Wolf Moto just a week before the trip.

I had heard good things about the Wolf guys, and they had already worked on quite a few Jimnys, so I decided to go ahead with them. I had my expectations in check in terms of tangible gains, primarily hoping to improve drivability by reducing initial lag and improving in-gear acceleration. My recent drive to Narkanda felt much more relaxed compared to the last one. I haven’t measured but the in-gear acceleration times must have improved. Earlier it used to feel comfortable until 90 kmph and strained beyond it. Now, that point has been pushed by 10-15 kmph. The fuel efficiency may have dropped a bit but I don’t care about it much given my low running. Overall, I am happy with the investment on remap.

Some pics from the recent trip:

Maruti Jimny Review-img_7889.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-176c52fd27354885866a0601b93d15c4.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4487.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_7898.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_7891.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4449.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-ph20240706124612000108.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-39fdf062199847559d35f1f275293df3.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-5bbcce0091cc4be784a8ab6d9b659107214900000089be0dfade.jpeg

A video of climb to Hatu Peak.
Biraj is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 09:53   #3432
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I meant including RTO. RTO in shimla is 65k. In gurgaon it's 120k. I am getting a 12 day old manufactured car from gurgaon for a price of 13.35L with EW (without CCP) and insurance and accessories worth 10k. Plus accessories worth 15k for free. This is for the Auto Alpha...

Can you post your quote, I suspect your quote is one of the best I have heard. This was mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
Ex show room: 14.79L
RTO:1.2L (Gurgaon)
TCS: 14k
Insurance: 36k
Extended Warranty: 35k
Fasttag: 600
On road: 16.8L approx

Discounts:
Consumer offer: 1.8L
MSSF: 1.5L
SOP 25000

On road: 13.3L

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th July 2024 at 11:07. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 25th July 2024, 12:32   #3433
BHPian

Here's a quote from Nexa Jayabheri (Gachibowli, Telangana) for Jimny Alpha AT

On road - ₹18,53,059
Retail Discount - 1,80,000
Maruti Finance - 1,50,000
Additional Discount - 20,000
--------------------------------
Final Price - ₹15,03,059

Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20240725-12.30.338239pm.png
strawmUnkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 15:37   #3434

Thanks to the members of this thread, I was able to get an Alpha MT for 11.94 on road in shillong. Received the vehicle two days ago. The car was manufactured in April 2024.

Includes 6 years warranty with no accessories. I also took a loan amount of 1 lakh with a tenure of 1 year and floating interest rate. There will be no foreclosure penalty. I will be closing that in the third month.

I'm not sure if this is the cheapest place to buy a jimny in India but for the price I paid, it's a no brainer. I was on the fence for so long waiting for additional colours and the possibility of additional engine options. With the sales doldrum over the past few months and the jimny thread here, I knew this is the best time to get one.

Coming from a 2016 gypsy king, this feels like eons ahead in comfort and on road manners. The gearbox does have some niggles though. I find slotting into first gear to be quite cumbersome. I don't know if it's an issue but I'm planning to drive it more and see if it gets better.

Also yet to take it to the hill trails I frequent but I'm sure that's going to be a piece of cake in this car.

Last edited by proxessed : 25th July 2024 at 16:03.
proxessed is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 16:36   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxessed View Post
Thanks to the members of this thread, I was able to get an Alpha MT for 11.94 on road in shillong. Received the vehicle two days ago. The car was manufactured in April 2024.
Congrats on the Jimny, It is surely the best choice for you coming from the Gypsy King, Hope you have many great miles with it!
bijims is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks