Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2024, 23:21   #3406
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Jimny View Post
Which variant are you going for? Manual or Automatic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post

The delivery was actually almost instant
…..
What colour and variant have you booked?
I am getting Alpha AT Kinetic Yellow dual tone.

Mine arrived today

Below are few pdi pics

3 different coloured Jimny arrived today and the first in queue getting pdi done is mine.
Maruti Jimny Review-img_7836.jpeg

Couple of full profile shots
Maruti Jimny Review-img_7839.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_7840.jpeg

Stepney is full size alloy
Maruti Jimny Review-img_7843.jpeg

The parting shot
Maruti Jimny Review-img_7853.jpeg
abhi_tjet is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 09:01   #3407
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
This is just a small announcement to share we are now the proud owners of a Jimny.
Born in Feb, red and lovely and bright and happy - say hello to our little Love Bug

It's my birthday today and this was my wife's gift to me. Planned it and got a lot of things done in advance. Those were also full of adventures which I will list in my longer post!
Thank you for sharing this joyful story with us. Its such a heart warming story to read and a good start to a Monday.

You are a very lucky fellow. I am not talking about the car. God bless your wife, you, the car and the family. Please keep the Jimny stories - of travels with your family - coming our way.

Cheers
sjain2054 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 09:12   #3408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So this won't be a long post since the long post is becoming REALLY long. So I want to take my time and get it just right.
Congratulations, hope you have the best run of your life with your Jimmy.
And thank you for sharing such a nice post, have got to say, the best ownership reviews/ ownership experience posts I read on the forum nowadays are mostly from the Jimmy owners. Says something about the car, as well as the owners.
rrsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 11:05   #3409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringoism View Post

1) This should not really happen if main gearbox is in neutral when switching to 4Lo, BUT almost any manual gear-set can fail to immediately mesh on occasion, care should be taken to not press accelerator too quickly after shifting to 4Lo and selecting whichever main gear.

2) Sounds very unusual; Unless maybe the car was on a slope at the time and gravity simply pulled it suddenly backwards at the point you released the brake, BEFORE torque-convertor reached "stall-speed" rpm and drove the car forward as it should.

I think a visit to the showroom and workshop would be advisable, as it sounds dangerous to both vehicle and passengers within. True whether operator error or technical issue with shift linkage, GB valve-body/solenoids, etc.

-Eric
Thanks for the reply.

1. Yup. Now I wait for a moment and let the gears settle down and then gradually accelerate.
2. This has now happened twice in the last year. Once, when the car was at an incline and once when it was on level ground. Could be due to non proper engagement of 4L I suppose. I am fairly cautious now and will update the thread if this happens ever again.
Cheers
Old 22nd July 2024, 13:44   #3410

Re: Booked Jimny after a year of showroom visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motolysis View Post
Hey, congratulations on booking the Jimny. I am very close to finalising mine and it would be great if you could elaborate on the issue with the MSIL financing option.

I am getting a quote of around 13.90 on road in Delhi if I go with the additional 1.5 discount on the financing option.
Congratulations to you too! There is no issue as such with the MSIL financing option. We just avoided the loan because we had kept aside enough funds to cover the full amount.

It just did not seem wise to me to take a loan and pay interest and other fees for additional discount.

The break-up was such: Rs 1.8L discount for outright payment + Rs 1.5 lakh additional off with MSIL financing. Total Rs 3.3 lakh discount.

I asked them to increase the Rs 1.8L figure, which they did to Rs 2.15L.

So, according to the dealer, I could have foreclosed a small loan in a year. I think it is a good deal if someone is looking to fund the purchase via a loan anyway. Just seek clarity on processing fees, foreclosure fees and rate.
asgujar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 15:50   #3411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
I am getting Alpha AT Kinetic Yellow dual tone.

Mine arrived today
So happy to see your Jimny has arrived! No idea why but the Jimny always reminds me of a new candy in a store - bright and happy - you can't wait to get your hands on it! Looks absolutely smashing - here's hoping the PDI went smoothly and you get the delivery ASAP.

Was this the factory/dealer PDI or you were doing your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
Thank you for sharing this joyful story with us. Its such a heart warming story to read and a good start to a Monday.

You are a very lucky fellow. I am not talking about the car. God bless your wife, you, the car and the family. Please keep the Jimny stories - of travels with your family - coming our way.

Cheers
Thank you sjain2054 for all the good wishes. And I know what you mean, yes I am very lucky Glad I can spread the joy around that we feel just having the Jimny with us. Intend to do a lot more!

Also, not to intrude but since I saw your comments on the other Jimny thread, I really highly recommend the Mahindra 3XO for your dad. The ride quality and the engine are top notch and for the price it's an awesome deal if you still are looking to replace his old car. I almost bought it myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Congratulations, hope you have the best run of your life with your Jimmy.
And thank you for sharing such a nice post, have got to say, the best ownership reviews/ ownership experience posts I read on the forum nowadays are mostly from the Jimmy owners. Says something about the car, as well as the owners.
Thankyou rrsteer for the lovely wishes. Yes, the car does put a smile on my face, never thought a car would be such a happy thing until I saw (and now own) a Jimny! And the fact that for a limited seller it has such a long thread on TBhp is also telling at how this impish car has our hearts
Evyas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 16:19   #3412
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankrt View Post
Congrats. I am planning to book Jimny too. Already got the quote for both Alph and Zeta.

However does anyone know the exact price of Extended warranty?
I got quote of Rs 35505 for EW (which also add some CCS program from Maruti) So not sure if this makes sense?
For Alpha AT:
Extended Warranty (5 years/1,00,000km): Rs 21,530 + 18% GST = Rs. 25.405
CCP (2 years/40,000km): Rs 8180 + 18% GST = Rs 9652

I got mine delivered on 6th July. Just bought EW and not the CCP.
Old 22nd July 2024, 16:27   #3413
BHPian

For the MSIL finance, can one pre pay without penalty as in the case of public sector banks. Also on my current loan with PNB, any extra amount that I pay gets adjusted from the principal and not from the instalments. This I can save some interest. Not sure if such a thing is possible with MSIL finance.
Old 22nd July 2024, 17:33   #3414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is just a small announcement to share we are now the proud owners of a Jimny.
Congratulations on your new Jimny Evyas. Love the way you have penned down your post. And the fact that your wife gifted it to you makes it even more special.

Red looks fabulous and Im sure you have some mods planned for your new steed.

Wish you a tons of happy miles with you Jimny.

And since you are in Mumbai hope to catch up with you and your Jimny with my Thar someday

Drive safe .
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 17:50   #3415
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
For Alpha AT:
Extended Warranty (5 years/1,00,000km): Rs 21,530 + 18% GST = Rs. 25.405
CCP (2 years/40,000km): Rs 8180 + 18% GST = Rs 9652

I got mine delivered on 6th July. Just bought EW and not the CCP.

Can you please tell me the Total amount you paid for your Jimny.

I have booked my Jimny Alpha MT without Extended warranty and without basic accessories kit for 12 lacs on road. Is this deal ok? And how much was the insurance?
Old 22nd July 2024, 19:10   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
So happy to see your Jimny has arrived! ……..
here's hoping the PDI went smoothly and you get the delivery ASAP.

Was this the factory/dealer PDI or you were doing your own?
Thanks for the wishes Evyas and I definitely second your thoughts on Jimmy

The pdi went smoothly. The pics I clicked when dealer pdi was going on. I did mine later on.
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2024, 20:15   #3417
BHPian

Any know the latest offers in Bengaluru on Jimny Alpha AT? Heard the discounts are now upto 3L.
Old 22nd July 2024, 20:25   #3418
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post

Can you please tell me the Total amount you paid for your Jimny.

I have booked my Jimny Alpha MT without Extended warranty and without basic accessories kit for 12 lacs on road. Is this deal ok? And how much was the insurance?
Mine was Alpha AT billed on 30th when discount was only 1.50L. Additional discount kicked in from 1st July

Ex-showroom Rs 14,79,000
Discount Rs 1,50000
Additional Discount negotiated Rs 20,000
Amt before TCS Rs 13,09,000
Add TCS Rs 13,090
Total Vehicle Cost Rs 13,22,090

RTO Rs 1,52,700
Extended Warranty Rs 25,405
Insurance (ICICI Lombard with 50% NCB) Rs 32,000 (bought from Maruti Insurance Broking)
Accessories of my choice
Old 22nd July 2024, 21:52   #3419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Congratulations on your new Jimny Evyas. Love the way you have penned down your post. And the fact that your wife gifted it to you makes it even more special.

Red looks fabulous and Im sure you have some mods planned for your new steed.

Wish you a tons of happy miles with you Jimny.

And since you are in Mumbai hope to catch up with you and your Jimny with my Thar someday

Drive safe .
Thank you for the wishes Dippy! I do have some simple mods planned - but nothing major until I get a hang of it. Right now I'm still figuring out the car and what our requirements are, even for arm-rest and storage. A dash-cam is what I'm desperately trying to figure, more so since the dual ones are a bit hard to install due to the side opening door.

And absolutely would love to meet up. In fact I keep checking on the forum for any TBhp Mumbai meet-ups so do let me know when and where! Just be prepared to meet a complete noob who'll ask you all sorts of questions about the 4x4 and how to work it..I've literally not even touched the 4L knob other than during the PDI and won't until I learn everything about it
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 09:27   #3420
BHPian

Hi All,
I heard from few of my friends that, Maruti is now offering 3 years warranty on its vehicles as standard.(Earlier it was 2 years?)
Hence with the extended warranty for 3 years, it makes a total of 6 years warranty.

Tried checking with my SA, he said he will check and reconfirm in a day.
So, if any recent buyers of Maruti cars can you kindly confirm this? It will be helpful for the other new buyers.

And, new Jimny owners, what was the amount you paid for extended warranty? And were you able to get this 3+3 years warranty?

Reference:
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/service/extended-warranty
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240723_092500.jpg

Regards,
Chandan

Last edited by DLC5005 : 23rd July 2024 at 09:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks