Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 15:28   #3361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Over weekend someone claiming to be from Suzuki(or associated with Suzuki) called me to check my availability to come to a hotel to provide feedback on Jimny. I wasn't available and declined. Is this some scam? Anyone else here got a call?
Old 10th July 2024, 17:44   #3362
sat
BHPian

Maruti Jimny discount - 3.55 lac

For a Jimny Alpha MT

During the 1st conversation with the nexa dealer I was offered 3.30 lac discount (1.5L mssf finance + 1.80L consumer/dealer discount)

After 2 days, during the 2nd conversation I was offered another 25,000 dealer discount. So total 3,55,000. The dealer does not have any Jimny in stock.
sat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2024, 23:06   #3363
BHPian

Today, checked out Jimny. Sales guy came home for a test drive. I had previously checked out Jimny in showroom and club events but never driven it. Whole family checked it out and liked it. It was comfortable and had good pep. Nor a ripper neither a slouch. Observed engine didn't like to be revved. Good enough torque low down. Interior space was also good. A little bit better than Thar. Overall I felt it was a good deal for 13 lakhs as compared to other cars available currently at this price point.

Was somewhat interested in deal (13.10 lakh on road for Jimny Alpha AT) till sales guy said insurance from dealership was compulsory to get 1,80,000+1,50,000 deal. I have bought cars high in demand in past 2 years but still no dealership forced insurance. This left a sour taste and shook hands with the salesman and left it at that.

I guess jimny isn't meant to be for me.

Last edited by Stolidus500 : 10th July 2024 at 23:10.
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 07:58   #3364
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post

Was somewhat interested in deal (13.10 lakh on road for Jimny Alpha AT) till sales guy said insurance from dealership was compulsory to get 1,80,000+1,50,000 deal. I have bought cars high in demand in past 2 years but still no dealership forced insurance. This left a sour taste and shook hands with the salesman and left it at that.

I guess jimny isn't meant to be for me.
Why don’t you check with other dealers in your city / area? Some dealers are a little adamant on the insurance and logistic charges part, but I am certain that these are negotiable on table. If your family likes the car, the dealer should not be the reason to cancel the purchase specially considering that there are a sheer number of Nexa dealerships across the country.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 10:00   #3365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Why don’t you check with other dealers in your city / area? Some dealers are a little adamant on the insurance and logistic charges part, but I am certain that these are negotiable on table. If your family likes the car, the dealer should not be the reason to cancel the purchase specially considering that there are a sheer number of Nexa dealerships across the country.
No other dealer in 100 km radius. Even if I buy from someplace else, I'll have service the car there only. Let's see if they revert back.
Old 11th July 2024, 10:47   #3366
BHPian

Quote:
Even if I buy from someplace else, I'll have service the car there only. Let's see if they revert back.
You can very well service the car in your home city, your dealership would be more than happy servicing your car because servicing is where most of the money is made.
Old 11th July 2024, 11:26   #3367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why look a gift horse in it's mouth?

Way I understand it, one hates insurance from dealers because of the premium they charge, yes? But that would be a small sum to pay considering the overall discounts you are getting.

And if the insurance company is a reputable one, then what is that has you walking out of the deal?

Just curious
deathwalkr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 13:32   #3368
BHPian

Updating my Jimny ownership after completing 10k kms and 3rd free service.

I have an MT Alpha purchased in Dec’23.

Since then I have been driving in Gurugram traffic, weekend drives to Greater Noida and 3 trips to the hills – Mashobra, Spiti Valley & Ladakh.

The Jimny is currently in stock condition with only the GAN tuning chip installed after 2 months of ownership.

Observations:
  1. Compact, small footprint for city driving.
  2. Excellent on-road handling – bad roads, Gurugram famed potholes dispatched without a fuss. You are considerably doing 10kmph faster speeds in bad patches compared to the rest of the vehicles.
  3. Excellent for Hill driving – small footprint means that it can scurry across all conditions without space issues.
  4. Climbing in the Hills – you will need to work the gears to get the right momentum. I have typically kept the RPMs in 2.5k to 3.5k range to drive up the steep slopes to the various high altitude passes. This way, hair-pins, climbs are relatively easily managed. The engine is quite rev happy.
  5. Off-roading / 4WD– I have used the 4H and hill descent control a couple of times. Most of the time in the hills, though, standard RWD is sufficient to get you out of tricky places.
  6. Water Wading – managed to drive in some river crossings in Both Spiti and Ladakh and with 4H enabled, it trudged along just fine. I am seriously considering a snorkel though. The smaller tyre size makes this go a little more into the water when compared to a Thar or a Grand Vitara but never had a problem with clearance.
  7. Tyres – I have the Bridgestone HT stock tyres. They have performed extremely well in all conditions. I only had one flat due to sidewall cut purely due to my negligence on a bad road in Spiti.
  8. Rough Road handling – excellent on Sandy, gravel roads. Large potholes with big articulations, you will feel the cabin as well as you move around. I had to go through this in Gata Loops before the Baralacha Pass and it was quite discomforting.
  9. Comfortable cabin – Auto AC, CarPlay, sufficient charging ports.
  10. Long distance comfort – I did 12-14 hours drive from Gurugram to Jispa, Manali to Gurugram, Karzok to Manali without feeling overtly fatigued.
  11. Easy driving – Relatively light clutch and gear action once you get used to it.
  12. Visibility – good clean visibility all around with high seating for navigating those narrow terrains & those pesky autowallas careening around you
  13. Mileage – Ladakh Trip (Gurugram – Jispa – Khardung La – Leh – Nubra – Siachen Base Camp – Pangong Lake – Karzok (Tso Moriri) – Manali – Gurugram) - ~2700 kms, 172 litres fuel – averaging 15.7 kmpl. So concerns around driving range and frequent fuel ups were nullified. In the city, bumper-to-bumper office traffic of 11kms one way, averaging around 12-13kmpl.
  14. Brakes – inspire confidence in most situations. I did feel them getting hard in high altitudes and hence there were occasions that the pedal required a firmer push to bring the Jimny to stand-still. Little disconcerting at first, but since I had done a few trips to the hills and had read about the same in the forum, I was aware of the same.
  15. High Speed Handling – Drove at the permissible speed limits of 100 and 120 on the EPH (Rai to Greater Noida). The steering weighs up well. However, there is a certain amount of correction that you will need to keep doing at high speeds unlike other tourers (Polo GT, Outlander, Grand Vitara 2.0).
  16. GAN chip – I have had this after 2 months of ownership. Post GAN, the driveability has improved. Lesser frequent gear changes, better mileage (1-2 kmpl) and faster acceleration (I am yet to vbox this).

Overall very satisfied with the Jimny. I shall now start looking at some functional mods basis my last 10k km experience.

Putting some pictures of the trip along with co-conspirator Amit and his Grand Vitara:

Maruti Jimny Review-near-baralacha-pass.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-khardungla.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-route-sarchu.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-pangong-lake.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-circumnavgating-pangong-lake.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-near-siachen-base-camp.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-route-karzok.jpeg
prateekswarup is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 15:21   #3369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Why look a gift horse in it's mouth?

Way I understand it, one hates insurance from dealers because of the premium they charge, yes? But that would be a small sum to pay considering the overall discounts you are getting.

And if the insurance company is a reputable one, then what is that has you walking out of the deal?

Just curious
Why would I leave money on the table? I know they will never be able to price match on insurance quote whatever company as I am affiliated with a insurance broker. I was interested in jimny due to the discounts . It anyways is a slow selling model, so reselling it would also be difficult. I know of 2 jimnys on sale since 6 months no takers. So I would like to buy the car with as much money as I can save upfront beacuse I know I won't recover them.

Jimny is neither a need or a want for me. It was just a itch to scratch. I would like to scratch this itch with least discomfort to me. If not possible, I won't buy it. I have no misgivings with the sales person or dealership. I just wanted to share my first experience with Maruti/Nexa as a brand and Jimny as a vehicle. And as for service, I would like a hassle free experience not willing to deal with dealership having such work culture.
Stolidus500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 21:56   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
I know they will never be able to price match on insurance quote whatever company as I am affiliated with a insurance broker.
Maruti insurance is comparable to any other online/ offline insurance provider for a new car. With a 50% NCB from my previous car, I got new car insurance with zero dep, RTI, Engine Protect, Key protect, Consumables, PB coverage, i.e., a fully loaded insurance for 38k for Alpha AT, Gurgaon location on 28-July-2023. Insurance company was Universal Sompo since ICICI Lombard declined to accept my valid hardcopy signed and stamped NCB certificate from earlier car.

How does it really matter for the insurance delta that is just 1-2k extra when we are purchasing something for 11-12 lakhs? The reason must be something else!

Last edited by RijuC : 11th July 2024 at 21:58.
RijuC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 01:51   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
I know of 2 jimnys on sale since 6 months no takers. So I would like to buy the car with as much money as I can save upfront beacuse I know I won't recover them.
Did you consider any one of the 2 second hand Jimny's available? The original owner would have taken the depreciation hit, and you would get it at a very sweet price. Plus, you would be free to choose your insurer from the next renewal.
However, I haven't come across an unacceptably poor experience with any Maruti ASS, in my experience of owning 4 different Maruti's (800/Wagon-R/Ertiga/Jimny) in 25 years and getting them serviced across multiple states in the country.
MobileThunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2024, 12:10   #3372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Was somewhat interested in deal (13.10 lakh on road for Jimny Alpha AT) till sales guy said insurance from dealership was compulsory to get 1,80,000+1,50,000 deal. .....
Can you share which city this final quote of 13.10L is from? will help in benchmarking the final on road price being offered.
khan_sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 10:56   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Can you share which city this final quote of 13.10L is from? will help in benchmarking the final on road price being offered.
13.1 lakhs is a great price. In Bangalore after the discount a Jimnys OTR price is around 15.2 l for the alpha AT. That's a massive difference in registration and road tax between states
BombayDragon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 12:23   #3374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Over weekend someone claiming to be from Suzuki(or associated with Suzuki) called me to check my availability to come to a hotel to provide feedback on Jimny. I wasn't available and declined. Is this some scam? Anyone else here got a call?
I've got similar calls from 3 places.

1. Lemon tree Greater Noida - Invitation for me and my spouse to come for dinner. Listen to a sales pitch on joining a 'Club'.
Looked up the name of the plan online. Seemed to be a pushy sales model. Pay upfront some 2-5L Rs, then have access to X room nights for 10 years (something along those lines)
Also the dinner was after the sales pitch. If you didn't buy, no dinner for you.

2. An upstart competitor to Club Mahindra (similar business model), forget their name - Their pitch was: You have a Jimny, you'll like to travel and explore, we have properties.
These guys also invited me to a hotel, with free 1 night stay; where they'd organise a 45min pitch to us.

3. 'Road side assistance team' of Maruti - Some 3rd party, who has mined the sales data, and offering 3rd party RSA.
When I informed that my insurance has RSA, their sales pitch was that Insurance guys take time, we will help in 30min.

None of the three were willing to share how they got my number.
Needless to say, I didn't entertain any of them.
blueberry is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2024, 19:57   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Maruti insurance is comparable.With a 50% NCB from my previous car, I got a fully loaded insurance for 38k for Alpha AT.
How does it really matter for the insurance delta that is just 1-2k extra when we are purchasing something for 11-12 lakhs? The reason must be something else!
I don't know what to tell you, the reason is insurance only. Same coverage as you except Engine cover and 0 NCB is around 26k for me. That is 14k delta. Not 1-2k . Even if Maruti's was cheaper, I have the right to get insurance from wherever I want. Why are they denying me that right. If they are willing to let of deal of 11-12 lakh for insurance then so am I.
It's a matter of ethics. When I booked Thar I negotiated same conditions, deliver whenever you want but I will do insurance myself and no accessories. They agreed. When the delivery time came, they sent a quotation of around 14 lakhs. I transferred the amount. Then SA called me himself and said your booking was in "Price Protection" so I was to pay 1.5 lakh less. He himself got the amount refunded. They didn't need to do that they had got money they could've been on their merry way but he chose to do the right thing. I guess it was wrong of me to expect similar ethics from this dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileThunder View Post
Did you consider any one of the 2 second hand Jimny's available? The original owner would have taken the depreciation hit, and you would get it at a very sweet price.
I didn't consider them as they were manuals. I want auto only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
This quote includes discount of 1,80,000 + 1,50,000 only. No other discount. RTO amount was 1,05,000 approx.
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks