Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2024, 01:37   #3331
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
More to come! Driving her around in MH for next few days before taking her to Noida
I have owned the Jimny Alpha AT for 13 days now and have covered 3150 KMs. Have got tons of accessories for the car from Harman Impex @ Mumbai. While most were direct fit, the grill was installed by Maruti SC. I cannot compare the swapped Bridgestone 215 ATs with stock since I hardly drove the car on stock tyres. Pretty satisfied with the tyre upgrade. One of the best accessory that we got from Maruti was floor lamination, I was under the impression that it will be some cheap transparent plastic but no, its very neatly done with good quality plastic material.

About the Jimny - We drove the car to Pune, Lonavala, to Noida from Mumbai and then to Doon and back. It cruised at 100 kmph whenever needed. It picks up speed decently till 90 kmph, post that it takes 3 business day for the car to respond to throttle input . I have been driving turbo petrols till now, but had my expectations aligned so no disappointment as far as power delivery is concerned. For cross country trips with good roads, Slavia will continue to be our choice.

Positives: MH roads gave enough opportunity to test the ride quality of the car, it’s just amazing. For once, I was very happy to drive on NH48 between Mumbai and Talsari. AC is a chiller. Brakes are sharp. Headlights are impressive on Alpha.

Some pictures from the trips:

First roadtrip - To Pune

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0278.jpeg

On way to Lonavala with Mumbai BHPians, the convoy had all 4x4 suvs

Maruti Jimny Review-5781f2aef3f04688bbcf5c3e482c2162.jpeg

Getting the grilled changed during first inspection at 950 KMs

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0476.jpeg

Enroute to G.Noida

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0558.jpeg

Somewhere in Rajasthan near Bundi

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0622.jpeg

At maldevta road, Dehradun where the Jimny media drive took place

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0676.jpeg

Finally home @ G.Noida

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0709.jpeg

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 7th July 2024 at 10:34. Reason: typo
sinharishi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 10:46   #3332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutHead1270 View Post
Jimny with that bumpers and customized grill is so cute
Also, I Finally convinced my dad to take a test drive of the Jimny! Any tips on how to impress a typical Indian dad with the Jimny?
Just take your father on a test drive on pot hole filled road, some roads with rough patches, then some non metallic roads. After that do a highway run.

Explain the ground clearance, also how the interiors work both for a off road & on road vehicle. The running costs and simple maintenance on the Jimny.

Before the test drive show him lots of nice photos of Jimny's from the net including from India, and also explain in great detail the Jimny legacy.

All Indian Dads have egos ......pump it fully....how good he will look sitting in the Jimny, how cute it will look parked in the driveway etc. etc......whatever works ....

If all this does not work concede defeat
ShivC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 12:07   #3333
BHPian

Quote:
Any tips on how to impress a typical Indian dad with the Jimny?
A compact, go anywhere, do anything vehicle with 4x4 hardware with reasonable safety and practicality available at or near rock bottom price of 13-14 lakhs all inclusive in Bangalore for the top variant automatic transmission- what else we can ask for.

Jimny is unstoppable, Jimny is one of safest vehicle from MSIL. What else do you need to convince him

Jimny is a full "Paisa wasool" car at the present price level with maximum possible discount, even if you get the chance to engage 4H or 4L once or twice yearly. There is no petrol automatic AWD available in India at less than 20 Lakhs.

Last edited by RijuC : 7th July 2024 at 12:14.
RijuC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 13:43   #3334

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVL500 View Post
Seems the discounts are back as already shared by another member as well. Got this Whatsapp message from one of the dealers in Mohali !
Thank you for sharing this news. Went to Nexa showroom and booked Alpha AMT variant today. Total discount on offer is 3.3lakhs if you take Maruti Finance. Now waiting eagerly for my mountain goat to arrive.
drrashmisaurabh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 14:08   #3335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
Just take your father on a test drive on pot hole filled road, some roads with rough patches, then some non metallic roads. After that do a highway run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Jimny is a full "Paisa wasool" car at the present price level with maximum possible discount, even if you get the chance to engage 4H or 4L once or twice yearly. There is no petrol automatic AWD available in India at less than 20 Lakhs.
Thank You guys! Contacted Kalyani Motors JP Nagar and booked a TD of AT as MT wasn't available. One of the executives said the discount is 2.5l and applicable only if 'delivered' before the 15th of July, which I guess is a marketing gimmick. Let's see, I'll let you know if it goes well.
Old 7th July 2024, 15:17   #3336
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
One of the executives said the discount is 2.5l and applicable only if 'delivered' before the 15th of July
On Alpha AT, the discount is 1.50L + another 1.0L if financed from Maruti.
Scheme is valid only if billing is done by15th July. This means you should select a variant and color that the dealer can arrange by that time.

Fortunately, for Delhi NCR dealers, Maruti stockyard is close-by so they order from Maruti stockyard.

I got mine delivered yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-photo_20240707_151037.jpg  

TSS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 20:20   #3337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
On Alpha AT, the discount is 1.50L + another 1.0L if financed from Maruti.
From what I've read or seen, the offer is of 1.5L plus 1.8L for Alpha AT atleast here at my place. For Zeta AT, it is 1.75L plus 1L.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240707_201612.jpg
Alpha AT

Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240707_201656.jpg
Zeta AT

Last edited by BoneCollector : 7th July 2024 at 20:21.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 22:24   #3338

Good News! We booked the Jimny Alpha MT Kinetic Yellow today at Kalyani JP Nagar! Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help.
Looking forward to be active in this thread
NutHead1270 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 07:41   #3339
BHPian

Quote:
Good News! We booked the Jimny Alpha MT Kinetic Yellow today at Kalyani JP Nagar! Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help.
Hi,
Congrats on your booking.

Meanwhile if possible can you kindly share the final quote you got? Mentioning discount/price breakup?
One of my friend is planning to book a Jimny. So it will be helpful for him to understand the pricing and then negotiate.

Thanks in advance,
DLC5005
Old 8th July 2024, 09:06   #3340

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi,
Meanwhile if possible can you kindly share the final quote you got?
Thank you, The quote we got was 14.17 lacs for Dual tone Alpha MT with only selected accessories like mats and body cladding.
Didn't get a proper quote in a receipt and we didn't even bother to ask (We didn't know we would book that 2 hours ago) anyways
Maruti Jimny Review-img20240708wa00002.jpg

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th July 2024 at 09:09.
NutHead1270 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 09:35   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, The quote we got was 14.17 lacs for Dual tone Alpha MT with only selected accessories like mats and body cladding.
Didn't get a proper quote in a receipt and we didn't even bother to ask (We didn't know we would book that 2 hours ago) anyways
Attachment 2625158
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply, much helpful.

Few dealerships we checked offered only 2.5 lak overall.
While few others quoted 3.3 lak discount, with further 10-15k worth accesories possible on negotiation.
So just wanted to confirm what exactly is the current norm in Bangalore.

So, it looks like you have managed to get your Alpha MT DT at 4.17 lak! (Actual onroad for Alpha MT DT is 17.7?)
So that makes it ~3.5L discounted onroad. It's surely worth it for this price.

Congrats again. Wishing you a happy ownership

Regards,
DLC5005

Last edited by DLC5005 : 8th July 2024 at 10:03. Reason: Typo
DLC5005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 09:59   #3342

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply, much helpful.
1.5 lac discount is for choosing Maruti finance and you can close that after 1 year without foreclosure penalty.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th July 2024 at 10:02.
NutHead1270 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 10:29   #3343
Senior - BHPian

A very good long term Jimny ownership review from Motoroids done by fellow BHP'-ian @gsferrari a.k.a Guru.
Balanced, to the point and brings out all the ills plaguing the Jimny.
Guru has rightfully brought up and discussed the Jimny pricing debacle and the way Maruti "yo-yo-ing" the Jimny's price every month.
Worth a watch:
Link to video:
arjab is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 13:24   #3344

Quote:
Congrats! If you don’t mind will you be able to share here / DM me the OTR in Bengaluru as am considering taking the plunge as well?
Old 8th July 2024, 18:47   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2625158
Congrats. I am planning to book Jimny too. Already got the quote for both Alph and Zeta.

However does anyone know the exact price of Extended warranty?
I got quote of Rs 35505 for EW (which also add some CCS program from Maruti) So not sure if this makes sense?

Also Insurance quote is 51449 which is definitely on higher side!

This will be replacement for my tiago - though I may end up with 3 cars temporarily !
shashankrt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks