Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2024, 17:28   #3316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Is this an indication of things to come to this corner of the world as well?

Links:

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/suzuki-...-12500011.html
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2024, 18:14   #3317
BHPian

So their plan is to move towards hybrids models of Swift, S-Cross etc. With not much demand for Jimny in numbers, not sure if they can have hybrid powertrain for the same. Hope they do it as a halo model
Old 2nd July 2024, 15:22   #3318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Is this an indication of things to come to this corner of the world as well?
Seems like the 3-door Jimny is on the way out, the Jimny LCV. No mention of the Jimny XL if it is even sold or will be in the UK.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...and-more/48692
Old 2nd July 2024, 16:32   #3319
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev4×4 View Post
I have installed these:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07FCH5YW7

But yes these are white; I think you can get something in warm light from online or offline.
Jimny compatible size it 31mm.
How have these allExtreme LED bulbs performed?
Has it been a good buy?
Also confirm if the gradual dimming function on closing the door works when these LED's are installed.
Old 3rd July 2024, 18:02   #3320

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi All,

After doing 1.3lakh kms in my Duster AWD it's time for me to move on. Though the car is still performing very well and I can easily wait till Dec 25 (when we expect the next-generation duster to be in Indian market ) but I really like what I read about Jimny so far. Apart from the price of course .

So I called the Nexa Roorkee (no Nexa in Haridwar) and booked a test drive for Alpha AT. The experience was good, car is smooth, pleasure if not fun to drive. Now I am waiting for the call from the Nexa guys. As I have no urgency I am hoping to get a healthy discount.

But hello they did not do any follow-up. It has been 5days and I am still waiting for the call. It is like they are reluctant to sell the car or else playing a waiting game like me.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd July 2024 at 19:49. Reason: excessive dot..dot... Proofread before posting.
drrashmisaurabh is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd July 2024, 21:34   #3321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrashmisaurabh View Post

But hello they did not do any follow-up. It has been 5days and I am still waiting for the call. It is like they are reluctant to sell the car or else playing a waiting game like me.
In case you like the car, you'll have to make the calls and follow up with them. Sadly, that's the case with all the Nexa units I dealt with. Be it the GV, or the Jimny, I had the exact same experience even during the TD stage - it's really not on their priority list it seems! SO hard to even get a TD of a Jimny.

And now maybe because it's not doing good numbers so they don't get enough incentives (?) but even in Mumbai the Nexa people are least bothered about selling the Jimny. So if you like it, make the call, negotiate and see if it is worth it. Maybe call up a couple of competing Nexa dealers but I'm afraid in my case I was 'ghosted' by all of them! So this is par for the course.
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 09:37   #3322
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
During April and May, I too visited and contacted a few Nexa dealer for Jimny. Discussions and negotiations happened only for about a few days / a week. Thereafter, no one contacted me. Seems they are not very interested in selling the Jimny.

On 23rd June, I took a test drive of the Fronx and the Relationship Manager casually mentioned about an ongoing June end discount of Rs 1.50L on the Jimny. I booked it immediately (after bargaining for an additional discount over and above the 1.50L from Maruti). Taking delivery on Saturday.

The scheme has been extended, and even sweetened with an additional 1.0L (for Maruti financed vehicles).

If you are interested, check out the offer. In my opinion, Nexa dealers in your area might not have the color and variant of your choice and will have to indent to the company, as happened in my case. However, my dealer's stockyard is almost next to Maruti stockyard so my vehicle (MY 24, MM March) was supplied in a couple of days.
TSS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 12:19   #3323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
....80,000 kms change interval for the manual transmission fluid is definitely pushing it, especially in Indian conditions (more dust/particulates).
You are 100% right. In all the cars that I have owned in India, I make it a point to override the OEM's recommedation and get fluids and lubes changed earlier than what is prescribed.

If you go back in history, older carburettored Maruti's, with their iron block F8B & F10D engines, Gypsy 1-litre engines and even the initial lot of carb-fed Zen's & Esteem's, with their G10 & G13 aluminium engines; used to have an engine oil change interval of 5000 kms (i think the lube grade was API-SF/SG in those days), a transaxle oil change interval of 40,000 kms, air filter replacement of 5,000 kms and timing belt/chain change at 80,000 kms.
Yes, technology has improved tremendously since then, lubes are much improved what it used to be.

However, driving conditions, specially in the Indian context, has probably worsened, with increased traffic density, lower if not same, urban commute speeds, larger load on powertrains because of added accessories, automatic transmissions, standard fit HVAC systems, higher ambient temperatures, greater number of "heat-wave" kind of days, advent of turbo-charged engines leading to higher under-bonnet temperature etc.

For myself, I play it safe: stick to a 6000-7000 kms engine oil & engine oil filter change interval and 20-25,000kms for coolant, brake fluids and spark plugs(for petrol engines). At every service I get the air filter and the cabin air filter checked and replaced if necessary. 40,000-50,000kms is tops for me for a transaxle oil change.
Another thing I religiously changed every 20,000 kms, in all my cars, was the petrol filter. Unfortunately, in the Jimny, the fuel fliter is submersible type, residing inside the petrol tank, and has a recommended replacement interval of 100,000 kms. Keeping in mind the Indian environment and the inconsistent fuel quality that we get across our country, I am not at all comfortable with this schedule and will probably get it done at the 50k kms mark.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 17:00   #3324

Heavy Discounts are back. Any one interested, please contact the nearest Nexa showrooms.
On Zeta variant ₹275000 discount.
On Alpha variant ₹330000 discount.
This is applicable to both Manual and Auto transmission. Offer valid till 31 july as per advisor from nexa.
Xtremecrd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 19:24   #3325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
This past weekend - from 10th May to 13th May, I made an impromptu trip up to Lahaul Valley from Delhi.

I did the same stretch last year (first week of June) in good old Brezza.
I have one question, how frequently you were required to engage 4X4?
Just give me total KMs travelled VS total KMs in 4X4 mode, if possible.
Even a ball park figure will do.
While it is for the other colleague to respond. Here is my informed (experience) input. Basically the route from Atal to Darcha to Zing Zing Bar (or even to Sarchu to Karu to Leh)....is good for even Santro/Wagon R/Alto. At no place on the road a 4x4 is needed. A 4x4 is best needed is any off roading is needed. The idea being that main tarmac any vehicle will do. There is a stretch between Sarchu and Pang which has rather big potholes but even there a normal car is able to do. It does require some driving skill though. Besides all this 4x4 is needed if anyone wants to explore some off road tracks - lets say the drive from Debring to Tso Moriri to Hanle.

A good powerful vehicle with high GC is needed from most routes in Ladakh (roads)....off road tracks may require 4x4.

I have seen Verna, City, Virtus etc also doing most roads in Leh. They will be troubled but a good driver should be able to navigate through these sections (like Pang - Sarchu)

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th July 2024 at 19:57. Reason: fixed quote
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 20:11   #3326
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
While it is for the other colleague to respond. Here is my informed (experience) input. Basically the route from Atal to Darcha to Zing Zing Bar (or even to Sarchu to Karu to Leh)....is good for even Santro/Wagon R/Alto. At no place on the road a 4x4 is needed. A 4x4 is best needed is any off roading is needed. The idea being that main tarmac any vehicle will do. There is a stretch between Sarchu and Pang which has rather big potholes but even there a normal car is able to do. It does require some driving skill though. Besides all this 4x4 is needed if anyone wants to explore some off road tracks - lets say the drive from Debring to Tso Moriri to Hanle.

A good powerful vehicle with high GC is needed from most routes in Ladakh (roads)....off road tracks may require 4x4.

I have seen Verna, City, Virtus etc also doing most roads in Leh. They will be troubled but a good driver should be able to navigate through these sections (like Pang - Sarchu)

Cheers
Rajain
hi, thanks for your response.
I had replied earlier on the thread with a similar response that i did not need to engage 4x4 anywhere. This includes crossing a fresh landslide at Sissu, snow from Darcha to Zing Zing Bar and back.
A lot of time the hype around 4x4 is built up by Youtubers so they get views and likes on their videos.
I am yet to come across a Youtube video that has a positive thumbnail, its all about how they "dodged death again".
Which is worthy of a good laugh as this road has some of the best tarmac, decent connectivity and the ability to order Nuttela Toast on the roadside. I mean what else can one ask for in life right ?

Also the reason why the Alto is called The King here.
Ksingh544 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 14:57   #3327
BHPian

Seems the discounts are back as already shared by another member as well. Got this Whatsapp message from one of the dealers in Mohali !
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-jimny-monsoon-offer.jpg  

AVL500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 22:38   #3328
BHPian

A Tale of a trip to Kalasa (Chickmangaluru District) leading to getting under-body protection for the Jimny - Part 1:

Visited Samse located in the Kalasa Taluk of Chikkamagaluru district. We had 2 Jimny's and wanted to go off the beaten track and enjoy the the landscape which the rains transform into a green paradise, with fresh foliage, blooming flowers and gushing waterfalls, fog and mist and sometimes bright sunshine all leading to a very joyful experience. Also wanted to get away from the madding crowds and enjoy some peace and quiet in a serene environment – something that was in abundance in the place that we stayed and the places visited. The trip took us about 7 hours from Bangalore with a couple of stops along the way.

We stayed at Shola Heights Baamikonda - Shola Heights is perched on top of a mountain in the Kudremukh range, offering lovely views of the surrounding mountains. In fact it is the last house before the National Park. Beautiful and lovingly run by the hosts who are wonderful people. The property is situated in a biological hot spot, near the Kudremukh National Park.
Maruti Jimny Review-shola-heights.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-shola-heights-outshouse.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-two-jimnys.jpg

The road to this property is a 6 Kmph unmetalled road leading up to the property which is located on top of a hillock. Need a 4X4 only as no car can ever reach there. Had some scary moments when jeeps coming from the opposite direction had to be allowed to cross. It surely got the adrenaline pumping. Calmed down when we crossed two small streams on the way - beautiful experience.
Maruti Jimny Review-road-shola-heights.png
Maruti Jimny Review-streams-way.jpg

Also visited Kyatanamakki - Located close to the Kudremuka range, Kyatanamakki is a true off roaders paradise. Here again a 4x4 is a pre-requisite to reach the top of this beautiful hill. You also need nerves of steel to tackle the slush, ruts, the sharp turns and navigate to give way to many commercial Mahindra jeeps carrying tourists either up or down in a virtual narrow track.
Maruti Jimny Review-kyatanamakki-roadtrack.png

The view from the top makes is a trip worth taking.
Maruti Jimny Review-kyatanamakki-gudda-view.png

Samse Sri Ganapati Temple inside a tea estate is worth seeing as well. Serene and beautiful. Took Lord Ganesha’s blessings….
Maruti Jimny Review-ganesha-temple.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-ganesha-temple-2.jpg

Samse - Kalasa – a very small town with smiling cheerful people.
Maruti Jimny Review-samse-town.jpeg

Having traveled on diverse terrain in the Jimny realised that under-body protection in the Jimny is essential in case such terrains have to be tackled. More on that in my following post : A Tale of a trip to Kalasa (Chickmangaluru District) leading to getting under-body protection for the Jimny Part 2...
ShivC is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 5th July 2024, 23:25   #3329
BHPian

A Tale of a trip to Kalasa (Chickmangaluru District) leading to getting under-body protection for the Jimny - Part 2:

Having travelled on diverse terrain in the Jimny realised that underbody protection in the Jimny is essential in case such terrains have to be tackled Without this vital components like the Transmission, Shocks, Fuel Tank, Rear and Front Differentials etc. are are vulnerable to damage.

Had we had under-body protection we would have confidently navigated all the challenging terrains without worrying about damaging critical components – of which we extremely careful of while driving on this trip. Also had mortal fear on recovery if something happened and component replacements if required – they take 7-15 days in a city like Bangalore. In addition did not even want to think about competency of technicians to undertake Jimny repairs in such a small town!!!

The under-body without protection:
Maruti Jimny Review-without-protection.jpg

So it was time to get the under-body protection. Evaluated what was available in the market and narrowed it down to 4XForza. The main criteria were mounting points for the protection and coverage of components. The protection plates should be mounted to non-critical chassis, and this was an important selection criteria as well along with the design strength. 4XForza met our requirements

The kit consists of (1) Front Differential Protection, (2) Rear Differential Protection, (3) Front Skid Plates (Set of 2), (4) Radial Arm Protection Cups (Set of 4), (5) Rear Shocker Skid Plates (Set of 2), (6) Transfer Case Protection, (7) Carbon Canister Protection & (8) Fuel Tank Protection.

The complete kit:
Maruti Jimny Review-complete-kit.jpg

The Jimny raised ready for getting the protection installed:
Maruti Jimny Review-jimny-raised.jpg

The complete under-body protection components installed:
Maruti Jimny Review-complete-kit-installed.jpg

Transfer case Protection:
Maruti Jimny Review-transfer-case-protection.jpg

Front Differential & Shocks Protection - Front Skid Plates:
Maruti Jimny Review-front-skid-plates.jpg

Canister & Fuel Tank Protection:
Maruti Jimny Review-cannister-fuel-tank-protection.jpg

Rear Differential, Rear Shocks, Canister & Fuel Tank Protection:
Maruti Jimny Review-rear-diff-cann-fuel-tank-rear-diff-pro.png

We now have a well-protected under-body and look forward to our next off roading adventure with greater confidence.

We have an armored Jimny - at least on the underside.....

Last edited by ShivC : 5th July 2024 at 23:30.
ShivC is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 23:29   #3330

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
We now have a well-protected under-body and look forward to our next off roading adventure with greater confidence.
Jimny with that bumpers and customized grill is so cute
Also, I Finally convinced my dad to take a test drive of the Jimny! Any tips on how to impress a typical Indian dad with the Jimny?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks