Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2024, 16:15   #3301
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
I just wanted to know more about your journey towards finalizing the Jimny. What were your shortlisted cars, Why did you decide on Jimny etc etc..? Where is the Polo now, were you able to sell it?
Hey. I never wanted to sell the Polo. If only I had 3rd parking space available I would have retained it. Jimny was shortlisted due to 2 main reasons - narrow width and easy ingress/egress. Perfect city car for Mumbai. This car will be primarily used by my father in Mumbai. The only time I will be using it will be trips to HP, UK. So this was my father’s choice. Polo was sold couple of weeks back in Mumbai.

Pictures from today. More to come! Driving her around in MH for next few days before taking her to Noida.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0190.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0191.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0196.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0202.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-0555c68ce7ba4b05ba742526d35f8b6e.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0209.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0212.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0214.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 09:45   #3302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Pictures from today. More to come! Driving her around in MH for next few days before taking her to Noida.
Hi, Congrats on your new addition . Can you update on the below pointers,

1) The ride quality after the tyres change

2) Total cost for changing the 5 tyres

3) Any other options you considered before finalizing these tyres ?
Old 26th June 2024, 10:31   #3303

Attachment 2620272
- No bangle or rubbing ring marks on prop shaft

I wanted to know whether MSIL addressed this issue. It was worrisome, and many senior members and owners in TEAM- BHP had quoted this issue, raised this with Maruti technical team too. Good to know that the issue (surface bangle ring formation due to touching/ abrasion of propeller shaft with underbody beam) is getting addressed. Other owners can also have a check especially the owners who brought the vehicle in last 4 months or so and have fair use in off-roading. This was also one of the major issue stopping me from thinking of buying the vehicle, as a second car (which I want to be a lifestyle SUV).

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th June 2024 at 10:37. Reason: Minor typo correction
NITHEESH N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 12:41   #3304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Some dealers are offering 15-17% discount on the on-road price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Post Dec 2023, 15%(min) has always been the norm Alpha variants. Zeta however has not seen much discount after the Thunder offer in December. Some folks picked up Zeta MT for 12.xx in Bangalore OTR which i believe was amazing deal.
Hi,
Any idea on what are the current discounts say for 2024 vehicles in Bangalore/Mysore?
Most of the dealers we checked, have exhausted the 2023 stocks. If any dealership contacts or leads available towards this will be helpful too.

Asking on behalf of my friend, who couldn't buy one during the discount sale in December, due to some family constraints and Jimny is still under his consideration.

Regards,
Chandan
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 13:45   #3305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi,
Any idea on what are the current discounts say for 2024 vehicles in Bangalore/Mysore?
Most of the dealers we checked, have exhausted the 2023 stocks. If any dealership contacts or leads available towards this will be helpful too.

Asking on behalf of my friend, who couldn't buy one during the discount sale in December, due to some family constraints and Jimny is still under his consideration.

Regards,
Chandan
In KA most dealers have exhausted 2023 stock especially AT variants. Now that 2024 variants are available with discount, I would say 2.5L is a good discount on Alpha variant.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 14:57   #3306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
In KA most dealers have exhausted 2023 stock especially AT variants. Now that 2024 variants are available with discount, I would say 2.5L is a good discount on Alpha variant.
Hi PrideRed,
Thanks for the information.

As you said, incase they give atleast 2.5L discount then it will be a good buy.
But, few of the dealerships we checked on call, offered us only 1.5L discount and said can negotiate some more only after further discussion.

PS:
Last December, we had got a final offer of 16L onroad Bangalore, for Alpha AT.(Actual on road price was 18.95L)
That's around 3 lak discount+25k worth thunder kit.
It was surely a worthy deal then.

Last edited by DLC5005 : 26th June 2024 at 14:58. Reason: Typo
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 17:08   #3307
HTC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh View Post
I thought only the black label 3.5L can is from Shell. Are you sure the barrel had made by Shell badge? Generally the Barrel I saw at Maruti here in NCR is from Castrol or Exxon.
I saw it in the invoice mentioned as SHELL. take a look in the pic,

Maruti Jimny Review-bill.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunsatheesh View Post
I read online that the dynamic load limit of the Jimny's roof is around 30kgs so be careful about the total weight of the roof bar and luggage.
https://teamghettoracing.com/vehicle...of-load-limit/
Thanks for the info. I will check how much the FARAD cross bars + roof box will weigh. And then decide on the weight that goes into the box. Appreciate your concern
HTC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 21:43   #3308
Distinguished - BHPian

A 300+ km drive with 11 Maruti Jimnys

Last Sunday we had a Maruti Jimny owners meet from Kolkata. It was a family drive & the destination was Orgram Airstrip in Guskara.

History of the airstrip-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guskhara_Airfield

Roughly our location was 150 km from Kolkata and we got to enjoy a 300+ km of total drive.
11 Jimnys participated in the drive. On the road, it was like a riot of colors! Jimnys of different colors going on a convoy was a sight to behold!

It was majorly a highway drive with some driving on dirt roads, some soft roading, and some through narrow village roads. Overall it was super fun.

Our meeting point was at Azadhind Dhaba GopalPur for a quick breakfast, then our next stop was at Hotel Khowai after Talit for a small tea break before reaching the destination & during our return leg, we had lunch at Hotel Samrat.

Special thanks to Mr.Sandip Mukherjee and Mr.Anirban Mukherjee for taking all the trouble to organize this drive.

Pic Courtesy -
Bhpian shourya_lahiri

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0972.jpg

Sharing the pics from this drive-

Early morning meet-up at Azadhind Dhaba.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0921.jpg

Tea break at Hotel Khowai

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0924.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0925.jpg

At Guskara airfield

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0928.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0930.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0932.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0933.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0934.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0935.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0937.jpg

The below pics are clicked by Bhpian shourya_lahiri-

Families enjoying the meet.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0973.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0974.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0975.jpg

Some soft-road fun.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0976.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0977.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0978.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0979.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0980.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0982.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 26th June 2024 at 21:51.
Samba is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 23:44   #3309
BHPian

Adding an aerial view of the meet for good measure

DriveTrain is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 16:35   #3310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi
Last December, we had got a final offer of 16L onroad Bangalore, for Alpha AT.(Actual on road price was 18.95L)
That's around 3 lak discount+25k worth thunder kit.
It was surely a worthy deal then.
With Thar 5 door launch around the corner, is MSIL trying to clear Jimny stock to avoid further depreciation later?

A friend working at Dealership did mention about this to me.

If Mahindra does an aggressive pricing to 4x4 variants of 5D Thar, it will be end of road for Jimny.
geekyengineer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 17:36   #3311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveTrain View Post
Adding an aerial view of the meet for good measure
This thread with 3 K + posts and 3+ million views is a true testament of how much interest this cute car has garnered in India.

This aerial view is beautiful and wish many miles of happy motoring to all owners. You all truly represented the spirit of “Love cars, Live cars” ( my Jimny has this slogan below ). Wish that you all do Kashmir to Kanyakumari trip together.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_1643.jpeg  

Mystic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 14:09   #3312
TSS
BHPian

Can anyone who has bought Jimny accessories from Amazon Japan let me know what is the approximate shipping and custom duty levied.

If I click on "Use this payment method", it prompts me to add my card details. At what stage and to whom do I have to pay the shipping and custom duty.

Please view picture.
Attached Images

Old 29th June 2024, 00:34   #3313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
Can anyone who has bought Jimny accessories from Amazon Japan let me know what is the approximate shipping and custom duty levied.

Please view picture.
Factor in approximately 30% of the invoice amount as customs duty. Usually the customs duty is levied at the port of entry in India and released only after it has been paid. Couriers used you payy it for you and recover it while delivering the product but in the last few years they have stopped this and usually provide you a payment link to pay the customs duty before they get the product back from customs.

Drive on,
Shibu

Last edited by shibujp : 29th June 2024 at 00:35.
shibujp is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks