Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2024, 14:02   #3286
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can someone internally does not take ownership of this fiasco and correct Listed prices permanently.
Exactly what I had in mind reading the above post. The only thing they're probably worried about is to piss off the "enthusiasts" who queued up and purchased the car at launch prices. May be they want to avoid another S-cross kind off fiasco.

But, they need to be bold and make this decision to sustain the demand for this lovely vehicle. I would say cut down the margin and maintain the numbers something like what the Ignis does for Maruti.
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 16:28   #3287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
Hi all, I have been looking to buy the Jimny Zeta MT for quite a while now. With Alpha now available with discounts, does it make sense to go for it now? Or should I wait till year end expecting heavy discounts on Zeta? I’m not in any hurry as Jimny will be my secondary car.
Alpha has 1.5L discount while Zeta has 50,000/- is what I understand. Please call up and check with your Nexa showrooms please.

Also, depending on the inventory with specific dealers, you might be able to wring out extra discount if you negotiate hard.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 24th June 2024 at 16:30.
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 16:41   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash118 View Post
Hi all, I have been looking to buy the Jimny Zeta MT for quite a while now. With Alpha now available with discounts, does it make sense to go for it now? Or should I wait till year end expecting heavy discounts on Zeta? I’m not in any hurry as Jimny will be my secondary car.
Get it while you can. It's a niche product, and Maruti might kill it any moment. Leaving you with the option "upon order -- limited colors -- wait some months". Jimny will be a cult classic someday! Maybe soon.

Last edited by asingh1977 : 24th June 2024 at 16:43.
asingh1977 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 20:32   #3289
RDS
BHPian

I completed another approx. 850Km trip to Himalayas. It was a fabulous one.

Because of dimensions, Jimny was highly manoeuvrable in cities and tight spots. Well, I never had issues with "long" turning radius, and with a little practice it is easily manageable.

I took Ramnagar route due to rush on main route because of holiday season. It is a kind of single lane road with lots of twists and turns, but with Jimny, it was a non-issue.

Whenever I passed through broken roads, it was joyful because I could cruise at 30-40 where others were doing 5 to 10! This was especially true when during return, I took a less used path through slightly remote area because of great jams at tolls.

Highway manners were pretty good. As a matter of fact, till 80-90, Jimny behaves almost like a hatchback from driver's perspective, is composed and manoeuvrable.

I was able to access remote areas that I would usually not go to on a monocoque SUV or sedan. Used 4H when stuck and Hill Descent control some times, it was a wow experience. I also used OD off on mountains significantly and it was fabulous.

I got an overall average of 14.5 KM/L during return - approx 360-370 Km journey through significant traffic, which I would term as beyond my expectations. I had 3-4 bars of fuel remaining after reaching home - no fuel filling even once. I started around 90% tank full.

Now that 4000 Kms are complete and the engine should be pretty well set, I am looking forward to start using EVCX to make the trips even more enjoyable after another 500-1000 Kms.

One last major and very important point - As per my last post, I had mentioned that as soon as last bar is left, you still have good 8-10 Litres of fuel remaining.

This time I again noticed the same, and this is now re-confirmed. However, one should not wait till empty to refill, that can impact systems.
But, yes, there should not be high anxiety when you just reach the last bar, indicator shows 30-35Km fuel range and next pump is 50-60 KMs away!!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-20240624_131347.jpg  

RDS is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 20:37   #3290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
I would say cut down the margin and maintain the numbers something like what the Ignis does for Maruti.
I am curious to understand why would they be interested in numbers just from India? It seems they are getting the numbers but from somewhere else. Isn't India the only place where 5 door is being manufactured currently?

Apart from media throwing ambitious India vs Export target numbers last year nobody knows what Maruti's expectation was from this car in first place. I personally never thought it will be that high for India as much as media quoted.

Everyone knew what it sold for(discounted price) since December. Did that convert into humongous numbers? It just does not appeal to a larger set of buyers.

Last edited by ChauhanSaurabh : 24th June 2024 at 20:49.
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 21:35   #3291
HTC
BHPian

2nd free service update:
Its been six months since Jimny came home and it was time for its 2nd service. Scheduled it at NEXA Kalyani service center on Kanakapura road. Jimny has run only 2.5k kms. I insisted for oil change and made sure correct grade oil (0w-16 fully synthetic) is used. Since it takes 3.6 liters, they fill it from the dispenser pipes in the service bay. To be sure, I followed the red color pipe used to dispense the oil till the storage room and took a picture of the barrel. Apart from that, I inspected the underbody thoroughly and especially the propeller shaft. there were no rubbing signs or such. Service advisor was professional and though he tried to push for service package, I was not inclined to get it. He was not pushy though. total bill came to Rs 1800/-.

Maruti Jimny Review-service-parking.jpeg
- Waiting for its turn

Maruti Jimny Review-service-bay.jpeg
- At the service bay

Maruti Jimny Review-prop-shaft.jpeg
- No bangle or rubbing ring marks on prop shaft

Maruti Jimny Review-oil-barrel.jpeg
- 0w-16 fully synthetic engine oil (Ecstar is nothing but Shell brand)

Off-roading:
Last week, we did another trip to Chikmangalur. Stayed at Bean Aroma Homestay. In the evening, we decided to visit Devigudda viewpoint. Took the estate trail. 4wd vehicles are preferred as the road is narrow, has few steep declines and inclines and deep ruts are present throughout the route. Jimny made it to the top easily. The last 50 meters section had a steep incline and deep ruts. Decided to park the car and walk those 50 meters. The panoramic view of the western ghats from Devigudda top was breath taking.

Maruti Jimny Review-devigudda.jpeg
- 50 mtrs before the peak. parked safely.

Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20240624-8.53.08-pm.jpeg
- view from Devigudda peak.

Homestay owner Siddarth has immense knowledge in off-roading and is a Jimny owner too. At night, he took us to a offroad trail in the estate and gave many useful tips on off-roading. I knew Jimny is a capable off-roader, but the way it handled wet and rough terrain is a thing of beauty. He said there are 8 levels of difficulties in his estate trails and he took us to only till level 2. That itself was enough to know the capabilities of Jimny. No drama, no brute force - just graceful overcoming of all obstacles thrown at it. it can be termed as wolf in a sheep clothing. Narrow body made it fit into estate roads easily leaving enough buffer of one or two feet space for course correction if required.

Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20240624-9.32.20-pm.jpeg
-estate roads were like this

I have kept the car stock and don't plan to install unnecessary accessories which may increase the weight of the car without proper use case ( extreme off-roading). the stock Jimny with factory fitted tyres is good enough for my rides so far. Only thing which I am planning is to increase the storage space. I do have a roof box which is narrow and long and can hold 3 to 4 duffle bags and total of around 30-40 kgs of weight. Deciding which roof/cross bars to pick. Manufacture sold roof bars have weight rating for 15 kgs, which will not be useful. Might settle for Farad. they retail at around 20k. Attaching pic for reference.

Maruti Jimny Review-roof-box.jpeg
- Inno roof box. fits the entire roof length perfectly. tall but not wide which is good to keep duffle bags with clothes

Highway cruising:
I find it easy to use the cruise control on highways. The only problem is when you apply brakes and come out of cruise mode, again when you reset the cruise button, it revs a lot to reach the set cruise speeds. This may or may not affect the fuel efficiency, which I am not sure. Overall, the average FE stands at 10kmpl. on highways it is 14kmpl ( speeds of 90-110 kmph).

Thats it for now. will keep posting as and when I have
HTC is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 22:43   #3292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh View Post
I am curious to understand why would they be interested in numbers just from India? It seems they are getting the numbers but from somewhere else.
If that is the case why provide ~10% discount every 3/4 months ? What about the people who buy in between these periods ? By doing this they’re diminishing whatever brand equity Jimny holds
Sk8r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 10:32   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
- 0w-16 fully synthetic engine oil (Ecstar is nothing but Shell brand)
I thought only the black label 3.5L can is from Shell. Are you sure the barrel had made by Shell badge? Generally the Barrel I saw at Maruti here in NCR is from Castrol or Exxon.

Last edited by ChauhanSaurabh : 25th June 2024 at 10:33.
Old 25th June 2024, 10:37   #3294
BHPian

I have paid advance for the tyres to a dealer, getting Bridgestone Dueler A/T 215/75/15. So first thing post delivery will be tyre change.

Congrats on your new Jimny. Can you share the dealer in Mumbai from where you are sourcing the Bridgestone Dueler A/T 215/75/15 tyres? Can you share the picture of the tyre from the sides? Is there any kind of lettering in white on the sides of the tyres? What would be cost of the same without exchange of old tyres?

Last edited by murlidar : 25th June 2024 at 10:40.
murlidar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 11:44   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If that is the case why provide ~10% discount every 3/4 months ? What about the people who buy in between these periods ? By doing this they’re diminishing whatever brand equity Jimny holds
From what I know barring initial period no one bought Jimny with full price. Maruti had(or still has)2023 stock and these never sold without hefty discount. I am assuming now that Suzuki might have exhausted 2023 stock, 2024 variants are available with same discount.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 12:07   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Only thing which I am planning is to increase the storage space. I do have a roof box which is narrow and long and can hold 3 to 4 duffle bags and total of around 30-40 kgs of weight. Deciding which roof/cross bars to pick. Manufacture sold roof bars have weight rating for 15 kgs, which will not be useful. Might settle for Farad. they retail at around 20k.
I read online that the dynamic load limit of the Jimny's roof is around 30kgs so be careful about the total weight of the roof bar and luggage.
https://teamghettoracing.com/vehicle...of-load-limit/

Last edited by arjunsatheesh : 25th June 2024 at 12:08.
arjunsatheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 15:48   #3297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
My SA is yet to confirm but he has made it clear that since my car is invoiced, accessorised, any new discount won’t be applied to my car. RTO process is done. Taking delivery on Tuesday.
Hey, you must be taking the delivery today.

I read your Polo TSI ownership with a lot of interest. I just wanted to know more about your journey towards finalizing the Jimny. What were your shortlisted cars, Why did you decide on Jimny etc etc..? Where is the Polo now, were you able to sell it?
sjain2054 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 15:51   #3298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
l I am assuming now that Suzuki might have exhausted 2023 stock, 2024 variants are available with same discount.
Many dealers are still having 2023 stock with them.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 16:06   #3299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
From what I know barring initial period no one bought Jimny with full price. Maruti had(or still has)2023 stock and these never sold without hefty discount. I am assuming now that Suzuki might have exhausted 2023 stock, 2024 variants are available with same discount.
Some dealers are offering 15-17% discount on the on-road price.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2024, 16:11   #3300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Some dealers are offering 15-17% discount on the on-road price.
Post Dec 2023, 15%(min) has always been the norm Alpha variants. Zeta however has not seen much discount after the Thunder offer in December. Some folks picked up Zeta MT for 12.xx in Bangalore OTR which i believe was amazing deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks