Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2024, 20:51   #3271
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Hi,

congratulations on your Jimny purchase. I too came from the Thar CRDe to the Jimny.
I have clocked 8000 kms since 15th January 2024 and have not felt the need for the lift kit.
I would recommend driving atleast 5000 kms over different terrrains before investing in a lift kit.
I have spoken to the Tanabe dealer in Delhi-NCR to get the details but honestly have not seen the need as yet.
Personally i think my first big mod on the Jimny will be a remap.

Enjoy the upcoming drives. Cheers !
Hi, I too have graduated from Thar CRDE to Jimny recently so, what are the major positives and negatives you are experiencing in both the vehicles. For me I am finding the Jimny very comfortable, compact, easy to drive and manouvre in the city, yet to take it to the hills of our Northeast like Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and test it but I am sure Jimny will perform great on the hills.
Jajabor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 13:03   #3272
BHPian

Hi All,

Maruti Jimny Review-img_2980.jpeg

Would anyone know where can I source the stock Jimny tyre from?
Unfortunately, mine got cut at the side wall. The cut runs all the way to the bead. Not sure if this is “patchable”; for to be use only as a spare.

Cheers
Old 18th June 2024, 15:00   #3273

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
Hi All,

Attachment 2618043

Would anyone know where can I source the stock Jimny tyre from?
Unfortunately, mine got cut at the side wall. The cut runs all the way to the bead. Not sure if this is “patchable”; for to be use only as a spare.

Cheers

Would strongly advise you to bin that tyre. Ask at the popular tyre shop in your area for a used Jimny tyre as most of sold off the stock tyres at dirt cheap price straight after taking delivery.
Nthusiast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 15:24   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthusiast View Post
Would strongly advise you to bin that tyre. Ask at the popular tyre shop in your area for a used Jimny tyre as most of sold off the stock tyres at dirt cheap price straight after taking delivery.
Yup, true. Going to use it as a planter now. The cheapest second hand I am getting is for 3500. Although people sold their’s for dirt cheap, resellers are selling it at a premium.
sammysossa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 19:28   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajabor View Post
Hi, I too have graduated from Thar CRDE to Jimny recently so, what are the major positives and negatives you are experiencing in both the vehicles. For me I am finding the Jimny very comfortable, compact, easy to drive and manouvre in the city, yet to take it to the hills of our Northeast like Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh and test it but I am sure Jimny will perform great on the hills.
Hi,

Congratulations on getting your Jimny ! Nice to hear from a fellow Thar CRDE owner.

Positives -
- The suspension is way more comfortable than the Thar. I have done some long drives 500 to 700 kms covered in a day and you dont feel fatigued
- Safety features like the 6 airbags
- The overall fit, finish and experience of Japanese engineering, no rough or unfinished parts
- Much like the Thar its a simple vehicle, no bells & whistles. What you see is what you get.
- Basic stuff like Apple carplay, Android Auto, Touch Screen are company fitted
- a very good AC and heater, i have the Zeta model and currently its over 45 degrees in Delhi and its working very well. The heater worked well in -1 in Lahaul Spiti last month
- 5 Doors with proper seating in the rear and decent boot space. I did an airport run last night, the boot took 1 full size suitcase, 1 medium suitcase and 1 full size suitcase on the rear seat.

Negatives-
- there is a slight lack of power in this engine, its not a deal breaker. But coming from the Thar which had immediate power on tap and so much low end torque, you will miss those extra BHPs
- lack of storage space inside the cabin for bottles, phones etc
- it looks smaller than it actually is, its only when you are seated inside you realise how much space the Jimny has.

I drove it up till Darcha and Bara Lacha Pass on the Manali-Leh highway in mid May and the vehicle had no issues, this included driving through fresh snowfall.
Ksingh544 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 20:49   #3276
BHPian

PDI done. Went to Kaman near Vasai to Shivam’s Nexa stockyard today to check the car. Gave my OK. RTO process to start tomorrow, delivery in the next few days.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0083.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0077.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0080.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0081.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_0074.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 22:22   #3277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
PDI done. Went to Kaman near Vasai to Shivam’s Nexa stockyard today to check the car. Gave my OK. RTO process to start tomorrow, delivery in the next few days.
Congratulations on your (soon to be) new car! Wishing you millions of miles and millions of smiles per mile in it. It is a lovely colour. Do share what accessories you are fitting and if you're going to do any mods on it.
Evyas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2024, 22:54   #3278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
PDI done. Went to Kaman near Vasai to Shivam’s Nexa stockyard today to check the car. Gave my OK. RTO process to start tomorrow, delivery in the next few days. ..]
Congratulations - I hear that massive discounts on Jinny is back as of now. Hope you are getting the benefits - if not, please do ask around.

If you managed discounts, please do let us know how much.

Wish you fun times with the Jimny
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 00:02   #3279
BHPian

Can you please elaborate? I am eyeing the Jimny in Noida. An indicative discount being offered will be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congratulations - I hear that massive discounts on Jinny is back as of now. Hope you are getting the benefits - if not, please do ask around.

If you managed discounts, please do let us know how much.

Wish you fun times with the Jimny
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 10:51   #3280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Can you please elaborate? I am eyeing the Jimny in Noida. An indicative discount being offered will be helpful.
Hi,

This month on 23' MY 2.5 Lacs discount offered and on 24' MY 1.5 Lacs discount being offered here in Guwahati.
Jajabor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 10:56   #3281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Hi,

Congratulations on getting your Jimny ! Nice to hear from a fellow Thar CRDE owner.

Positives -
- The suspension is way more comfortable than the Thar. I have done some long drives 500 to 700 kms covered in a day and you dont feel fatigued
- Safety features like the 6 airbags
- The overall fit, finish and experience of Japanese engineering, no rough or unfinished parts
- Much like the Thar its a simple vehicle, no bells & whistles. What you see is what you get.
- Basic stuff like Apple carplay, Android Auto, Touch Screen are company fitted
- a very good AC and heater, i have the Zeta model and currently its over 45 degrees in Delhi and its working very well. The heater worked well in -1 in Lahaul Spiti last month
- 5 Doors with proper seating in the rear and decent boot space. I did an airport run last night, the boot took 1 full size suitcase, 1 medium suitcase and 1 full size suitcase on the rear seat.

Negatives-
- there is a slight lack of power in this engine, its not a deal breaker. But coming from the Thar which had immediate power on tap and so much low end torque, you will miss those extra BHPs
- lack of storage space inside the cabin for bottles, phones etc
- it looks smaller than it actually is, its only when you are seated inside you realise how much space the Jimny has.

I drove it up till Darcha and Bara Lacha Pass on the Manali-Leh highway in mid May and the vehicle had no issues, this included driving through fresh snowfall.
Hi,

Thank You yes, totally agree with your points on the Jimny.

I took my Jimny to a 3 day's offroading event in Meghalaya yesterday as support vehicle for my friend who was competing with his Thar CRDE in the super stock category and the tracks and trails leading to the venue were completely dug up by all the 4WD competing vehicles specially the pro mod RFC spec vehicles and since it was raining and red sticky mud all around the Jimny sailed through easily.

Last edited by Jajabor : 23rd June 2024 at 10:57.
Jajabor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 18:20   #3282
TSS
BHPian

Good News for all those waiting on the edge to buy the Jimny.

Big discount is back for a short period on Alpha variant MY24.
Rs 1,50,000 discount up-till 30th June 2024.

News is 100% correct. I am booking mine tomorrow.

I am no way connected to Maruti Suzuki or any dealer. Just stumbled upon this offer when I contacted one of the Nexa dealers.
TSS is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2024, 20:34   #3283
BHPian

My SA is yet to confirm but he has made it clear that since my car is invoiced, accessorised, any new discount won’t be applied to my car. RTO process is done. Taking delivery on Tuesday.

Looking at the discount on MY24, I am not losing much I would say. I am pretty satisfied with the deal I got and looking forward to the delivery. I have paid advance for the tyres to a dealer, getting Bridgestone Dueler A/T 215/75/15. So first thing post delivery will be tyre change.

Maruti Jimny Review-ad1b695600e64a679880a69e06abf927.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-5534af5c729e4f029c1c29e5ed7751d8.jpeg
sinharishi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 13:35   #3284
BHPian

Hi all, I have been looking to buy the Jimny Zeta MT for quite a while now. With Alpha now available with discounts, does it make sense to go for it now? Or should I wait till year end expecting heavy discounts on Zeta? I’m not in any hurry as Jimny will be my secondary car.
Aakash118 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 13:54   #3285
Team-BHP Support

Why does Maruti want to run Nexa like a flea market?

Can someone internally not take ownership of this fiasco and correct Listed prices permanently? It makes it very difficult for everyone (dealers/ sales guys/ customers) to negotiate and come to an agreed price. I can only imagine uncertainty for buyers, and the amount of haggling that dealer staff has to do. No matter how much discounts they give people will be always thinking if more can be managed

Customers also end up paying more for RTO/ Insurance etc due to inflated MRP. If they are worried about existing customers, I think by now most have made peace and won't bother much.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th June 2024 at 13:58.
Turbanator is offline   (30) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks