Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2024, 09:44   #3256

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

This looks really good. How much did this set you back? Any errors and is it just DIY plug n play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
Additional work
Jimny’s fog lamps are notional only and do not serve any practical purpose.

Used this visit to upgrade foglamps. The chosen one was a Brand called “TRIO”. This has 3 colour modes, White(5800 kelvin), Warm White(4500 k) and Yellow(3000k), which can be selected with normal on/off selection. The key reason for selection was, that this was primarily ideal for low beams and doesn’t impact the visibility of incoming traffic.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 8th June 2024 at 12:17. Reason: Fixing Quote, please use Quote option and trim to needed content while keep Quote tags intact
Old 7th June 2024, 21:57   #3257
BHPian

The All LED Transformation of My Jimny

Got all the external lights changed to LED – Fog lamps, Turn Indicators – Grill, Turn Indicators Side, Rear High Brake Light , LED Tail Lights had been done sometime back here is the link to the post – https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5748298 (Maruti Jimny Review).

FOG LIGHTS : IPF F Series F50DFLB LED : Dual Colour Switch 6,500K/2,400K, Brightness: 2,500 lumens: Wanted want to upgrade the fog lights for a while now as the OEM's are quite poor in performance. Also wanted the colours of fog lamp to respond to various weather conditions while driving, and should also be completely sealed so that water ingress is minimized, also imperative was no wire cuts or relays added and housed in the OEM housing. Found a perfect replacement in these IPF LED's.These are switched between white and yellow from the stalk and remembers the last light colour lit. It has optimized light distribution of white and yellow LED light colours. These are Japanese Road Transport Vehicle Act compliant. Bulb Type : H8 H11 H16 (Compatible with 12V and 24V).

The good thing about these bulbs is an adjustment screw on the rear part (heat sink) of the LED fog lamp bulbs which has an externally adjustable rotation feature allowing easy installation and lighting angle adjustment

The Product:
Maruti Jimny Review-ipf-box.jpg

Fog lights in the real world:

White Fog Light only:
Maruti Jimny Review-white-only-usejpg.jpg

Yellow Fog Lights Only:
Maruti Jimny Review-just-yellow-fogs-use.jpg

White Fogs with Headlight Low Beam:

Maruti Jimny Review-white-low-beam-use.jpg

Yellow Fogs with Headlight Low Beam:
Maruti Jimny Review-yelow-fog-lights-low-beam-use-.jpg

Little did I know that while doing this I would leave no Halogen on the outside as well as the inside when I finished .

AMBER TURN SIGNAL GRILL : PIAA LEW103 LED : Wanted something brighter so that no one misses the turn lights flashing also wanted to completely change from halogens to LED’s. These Turn Signal Amber LED Bulbs are Resistant-less Series and Japanese Road Transport Vehicle Act compliant. Brightness: 1100 lumens with built-in resistance to hi-flag. LED Omnidirectional Diffusion Type: LED bulb with 30 LEDs in all directions which achieves a diffused light distribution that is ideal for turn signals. No installation of resistors or replacement relays required. Includes cooling fan at the tip. Easy to install – took less than 5 mins to install. Bulb Type : T20 -12 V.

The product:
Maruti Jimny Review-piaa-turn-lights.jpg

Turn Lights comparison:
Maruti Jimny Review-turn-lights-comparision.png

The high mount brake light - before and after:
Maruti Jimny Review-before-after.jpg

LED Side Turn Signals:
Maruti Jimny Review-turn-signals.jpg

Inner cabin lights also had been done sometime back.

Inner Cabin LED:
Maruti Jimny Review-cabin-led-lights.jpg

Boot LED:
Maruti Jimny Review-boot-led.jpg

So, if you ever spot a yellow all LED Jimny be sure to give it a wave and a laugh. You will get one right back.
ShivC is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 11:17   #3258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish View Post
I would any day pick Jimny over the Thar,
Absolutely! Booked one and awaiting delivery!

Got a good deal from Shivam Nexa, Kandivali, Mumbai.
sinharishi is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 18:43   #3259
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Got a good deal from Shivam Nexa, Kandivali, Mumbai.
Can you elaborate on what discount (beyond the 50k) you got on MY 24 AT variant.

I too am looking for a good deal.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th June 2024 at 11:52. Reason: Spacing for readability
Old 8th June 2024, 22:36   #3260

Hi all,

Just bought Jimny Alpha AT (Granite Grey) replacing my Thar AT 4WD.

I live in northern part of the country with hills and gravel roads far-ranging. Pertinent to mention that Jimny is my secondary car, to be used in those complex terrains.

Now I want opinion from esteemed fellows whether to go for lift kit only without any underbody protection, or underbody protection alone.

I am considering to put lift kit from Tanabe Japan.

Cheers!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th June 2024 at 11:38. Reason: Spacing and formatting for readability
MahindraThor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 10:32   #3261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
Can you elaborate on what discount (beyond the 50k) you got on MY 24 AT variant.
I too am looking for a good deal.
I spoke to many dealers in NCR and the attitude was like take it or leave it. No call back. No follow ups. I reached out to a young SA at Shivam Nexa, Mumbai with whom I had interacted last month for my Sister's GV.

He too first offered a standard discount but after sensing that I am really interested was always on top of it and gave me a deal good enough for me to pay 25K advance.

You can get double of what dealer discount is depending on how much you can negotiate.
sinharishi is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 12:59   #3262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
The All LED Transformation of My Jimny

So, if you ever spot a yellow all LED Jimny be sure to give it a wave and a laugh. You will get one right back.
Greetings,

Those are some practical mods.

Please be generous and share the links to the products if you purchased online or the source you got the cabin and indicator bulbs from.

Drive safe.

Last edited by matchvan : 9th June 2024 at 13:01.
Old 9th June 2024, 19:25   #3263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
Greetings,

Those are some practical mods.

Please be generous and share the links to the products if you purchased online or the source you got the cabin and indicator bulbs from.

Drive safe.
Please find links for all the LED lights installed as requested:

1) FOG FLIGHTS - IPF F Series F50DFLB: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2) AMBER TURN SIGNAL GRILL - PIAA LEW103 LED AMBER TURN SIGNAL: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) HIGH MOUNT BRAKE LIGHT : https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4) LED TURN SIGNAL SIDE : https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5) INNER CABIN LED LIGHTS : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

6) BOOT LED LIGHT : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps.
ShivC is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 15:38   #3264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megazoid View Post
Has anyone installed a differential/transfer/gearbox breather kit in their Jimny? If so, please share some details on the same.
I'm also interested in this, any recommended shops in Bangalore that can help with this mod?
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2024, 16:35   #3265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone installed a differential/transfer/gearbox breather kit in their Jimny? If so, please share some details on the same.
I recall seeing 6th mile customs in Bangalore used to have some Alpha brand one. This was quite some time ago.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 18:28   #3266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahindraThor View Post
Hi all,

Just bought Jimny Alpha AT (Granite Grey) replacing my Thar AT 4WD.

I live in northern part of the country with hills and gravel roads far-ranging. Pertinent to mention that Jimny is my secondary car, to be used in those complex terrains.

Now I want opinion from esteemed fellows whether to go for lift kit only without any underbody protection, or underbody protection alone.

I am considering to put lift kit from Tanabe Japan.

Cheers!
Hi,

congratulations on your Jimny purchase. I too came from the Thar CRDe to the Jimny.
I have clocked 8000 kms since 15th January 2024 and have not felt the need for the lift kit.
I would recommend driving atleast 5000 kms over different terrrains before investing in a lift kit.
I have spoken to the Tanabe dealer in Delhi-NCR to get the details but honestly have not seen the need as yet.
Personally i think my first big mod on the Jimny will be a remap.

Enjoy the upcoming drives. Cheers !
Ksingh544 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 19:08   #3267
BHPian

Quote:
Simply Jimny has made one and I am using that. You would need to order it via the Simply Jimny telegram group.
arjunsatheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 20:49   #3268
BHPian

Took delivery of my Jimny Alpha MT on 31st of May and upgraded the stock tyres to 215/75/R15 Continental Cross Contact. Done 1650 Kms till now with a trip to Guwahati Itanagar North Lakhimpur Guwahati very happy with the Jimny and loving it's size, suspension, ac, light weight. Was driving Thar CRDE and Nissan Kicks sold both as Jimny will fulfill both the cars duties alone.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-20240531_195332.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-20240601_201403.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-20240601_201439.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-20240601_201458.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-20240609_100734.jpg  

Jajabor is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 20:33   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajabor View Post
Took delivery of my Jimny Alpha MT on 31st of May and upgraded the stock tyres to 215/75/R15 Continental Cross Contact.
Looks Beautiful. Kindly share if you got any discounts and the differential amount you had to pay for the AT tyres.
Old 17th June 2024, 20:45   #3270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAtlas View Post
Looks Beautiful. Kindly share if you got any discounts and the differential amount you had to pay for the AT tyres.
Thanks, Total discount 1.25 plus .30k in accessiories. For the stock tyres I got 1500/ per tyre so paid 6000/ per tyre
Jajabor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed