Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2024, 17:45   #3241
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmessiah View Post
Nice ICE upgrade. I liked it. Do you recollect which dealer it was? Was it Galaxy in Palarivattom? Did they do the damping and installation?
How many layers of damping did they do? Which material did they use? Hope you're happy with the installation and damping. Trust the noise levels have reduced post damping.
Are you thinking of going all the way and adding an amplifier and an underseat subwoofer? It could round out the experience.
The dealer was 'The Car Shoppe' in Palarivattom. They did the damping and installation also. I am not sure of the damping material, but from the photos I can make out that it may be a 2 layer damping, one inside and one outside (not an expert in this).

Maruti Jimny Review-20.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-21.jpg

The noise levels has certainly reduced post damping and the doors feel to have a bit more heft. Overall I am happy with the outcome, and feels money well spent.

An amplifier and under seat sub woofer is planned for future. Me being an NRI, the car is not driven much (2000kms in 5 months). May be will plan during next visit. Do you think this will need some kind of wiring cutting which may affect the warranty?
Catamaran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 22:21   #3242

Just picked up a Alpha MT yesterday and changed the tyres to JK Ranger 215 AT. Bought it from Nexa Muvattupuzha and I am from Cochin. Had to take the mighty KSRTC bus there to pick it up and that nearly broke by back.

I actually test drove the jimny when it was launched last year and decided not to buy it then because of the quoted price. Without the discounts on the year back model I probably wouldn’t have bought it now either.

Waiting on the retro matte black grill to come by courier on Monday. I have a couple more things on the bucket list such as roof rack, ladder and most importantly a throttle controller. Might also do a full debadge and get the alloys painted gloss black.

Not planning to do any hardcore off-roading with my brand new toy anytime soon. I picked up a 2008 Gypsy at the start of the year for that. But if any of you Cochin peeps are planning a meet/ drive, do let me know as I’d be keen to join.
Nthusiast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 18:42   #3243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran View Post
The dealer was 'The Car Shoppe' in Palarivattom. They did the damping and installation also. I am not sure of the damping material, but from the photos I can make out that it may be a 2 layer damping, one inside and one outside (not an expert in this).

The noise levels has certainly reduced post damping and the doors feel to have a bit more heft. Overall I am happy with the outcome, and feels money well spent.
Thank you very much for the details of the sound upgrade and the installation. It would be useful for future reference for myself as well as other existing and potential Jimmy owners. I also like the way you've modded your Jimny- I might do the same mods if I were to ever buy one.

Quote:
An amplifier and under seat sub woofer is planned for future. Me being an NRI, the car is not driven much (2000kms in 5 months). May be will plan during next visit. Do you think this will need some kind of wiring cutting which may affect the warranty?
I'm not very sure (and more knowledgeable members could please correct me if I'm wrong), but I think that the amp installation would require additional wiring. If you have a friendly contact at Maruti, it would be a good idea to cross check with them informally before committing to this upgrade.
evilmessiah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 11:56   #3244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthusiast View Post
Just picked up a Alpha MT yesterday and changed the tyres to JK Ranger 215 AT. Bought it from Nexa Muvattupuzha and I am from Cochin. Had to take the mighty KSRTC bus there to pick it up and that nearly broke by back.
Not planning to do any hardcore off-roading with my brand new toy anytime soon. I picked up a 2008 Gypsy at the start of the year for that. But if any of you Cochin peeps are planning a meet/ drive, do let me know as I’d be keen to join.
I am from Kochi and I also took my car from Nexa Muvattupuzha in December 2023 when the discounts were announced. Mine is an Alpha AT

Can you share the on road price you paid for the car?

Wishing you many happy miles.
Old 3rd June 2024, 12:37   #3245

Quote:
I am from Kochi and I also took my car from Nexa Muvattupuzha in December 2023 when the discounts were announced. Mine is an Alpha AT

Can you share the on road price you paid for the car?

Wishing you many happy miles.
Hi @catamaran mine is a Alpha MT Dual Tone and i paid just under 13.5 with some very basic accessories.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-jim.jpg  

Nthusiast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 15:46   #3246
BHPian

Hi fellow members,
has anyone purchased OBD scanner and calibration device specific to Jimny Steering angle sensor relearn and calibration? I got XTOOL D7S from US and while it has almost all clear codes for error, SAS calibration is not available for Suzuki.
Old 3rd June 2024, 16:58   #3247
BHPian

Recently, I have also installed the Pioneer Jimny Sound package. I stumbled upon a promotional post on Jimny India's FB page about the package.

It was offered at a discounted price of 16500 INR against 30000 INR. This includes all speakers and Jimny-specific frames. The installation will be charged as per the dealer.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_1930.jpg

The Audio Package

Now on the Audio Package. It contains 2 Component speakers, 2 tweeters for the front and 2 Coaxial speakers for the rear. Along with speakers, there are mounts to fit the system on Jimny's existing slots.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_1890.jpg

On Jimny as requested by the installer.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_1892.jpg

Dealer Selection
This package was the first time getting installed in Bengaluru(as per Pioneer), so dealers were more or less clueless about it.

Pioneer suggested 2 dealers Edge Car Accessories, HSR Layout and Glamour Koramangala which were relatively closer to my home. I have chosen Edge Car Accessories for Installation as it is closer to home and on that day it rained a lot in Bangalore so most roads were choked, so decided to go there.

There were early hiccups as not much was known about this package, but once that was sorted out. Everything was seamless. Special mention for the Pioneer Team. They were genuinely helpful.
Overall work done by “Edge Car” team was really good.

Dampening
Even though Dampening is not mentioned as a requirement, I went ahead with it. I choose Pioneer sheets for the dampening.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_1895.jpg

Each door took 3 Sheets, so a total of 12 sheets were used.

The biggest advantage has been a significant quietness inside the cabin. The commute to work has now become a lot better/calmer.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_1897.jpg

Sound Experience
Immediately after the installation, it felt underwhelming for sure, especially the lack of a subwoofer. First few days I was not happy with it, But as the days went by, the system started to perform better, to a point where it was worth the money spent.

So, would I recommend it now? YES.
Do I still think there is a serious need for a Subwoofer: Yes.

If there is any subwoofer which can be fitted without reducing the overall space, I will get that installed.

Additional work
Jimny’s fog lamps are notional only and do not serve any practical purpose.

Used this visit to upgrade foglamps. The chosen one was a Brand called “TRIO”. This has 3 colour modes, White(5800 kelvin), Warm White(4500 k) and Yellow(3000k), which can be selected with normal on/off selection. The key reason for selection was, that this was primarily ideal for low beams and doesn’t impact the visibility of incoming traffic.
The LED bulbs
Maruti Jimny Review-img_1926.jpg

White:
Maruti Jimny Review-img_1900.jpg

Off White:
Maruti Jimny Review-img_1899.jpg

Yellow:
Maruti Jimny Review-img_1901-1.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by KarthikK : 6th June 2024 at 10:19. Reason: Minor typo fix
abtyagi is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 17:06   #3248
RDS
BHPian

I completed another 1200KM approx. trip to Punjab. It was great fun going off roads in farms in rural areas.

A lot has been said about Jimny range. Throughout the trip, I tested the range thoroughly. It seems range is not that bad but the sensors might be faulty or have been programmed in a wrong way.

When you see the last bar on fuel indicator, the Jimny still has significant fuel left - 20 to 25% - that would be 8 to 10 Litres.

Hence, on highways one can easily cover 100 Kms just on last bar conservatively assuming one is getting 13 Km/L.

Realistically 120-130 KM is the range available on just last bar of fuel, assuming one is on plain highways doing 70-80 kmph assuming 15 kmpl with traffic.

Last edited by RDS : 3rd June 2024 at 17:08.
RDS is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 17:12   #3249
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
Recently, I have also installed the Pioneer Jimny Sound package. I stumbled upon a promotional post on Jimny India's FB page about the package.

It was offered at a discounted price of 16500 INR against 30000 INR. This includes all speakers and Jimny-specific frames. The installation will be charged as per the dealer.
Thanks for this. Can you please share the link to promotional offer. I am sure there are people who would like to buy the same here, me being one of them
RDS is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 20:25   #3250
BHPian

Trying my luck here, looking for MY23 stock in NCR or Mumbai - AT variants only. If someone has any lead please do reach out. MY24 has only 50K dealer discount and I have tried 3 dealers so far, the final price for Alpha AT is coming to 17L which is very close to Thar-P and I am unable to convince myself.
Old 4th June 2024, 10:47   #3251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Trying my luck here, looking for MY23 stock in NCR or Mumbai - AT variants only. If someone has any lead please do reach out. MY24 has only 50K dealer discount and I have tried 3 dealers so far, the final price for Alpha AT is coming to 17L which is very close to Thar-P and I am unable to convince myself.
Have you tried Nexa Akshardham? They delivered(Apr) a Jimny to my friend who moved from Delhi to Bangalore during the process.
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 10:24   #3252
BHPian

I have received several DMs on how to avail the offer.

For the members who also want to buy The Pioneer sound package for Jimny.

This is how I have got it.

Please message Niranjan Bala Sankar . Niranjan is the Teratory sales head for Pioneer.

He will connect you to the local distributor of your city, then the local distributor will connect you to your nearby dealer. It may feel cumbersome, but they were really helpful in my case.

You don't have to buy it in advance or anything. They will ship it to the dealer. You will only pay the aforementioned price for the package, and the installation charge will be on the actuals.

Please note, that I do not know him in person, I only got to know him through Jimny's Page on Facebook.
abtyagi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 11:12   #3253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
the final price for Alpha AT is coming to 17L which is very close to Thar-P and I am unable to convince myself.
I would any day pick Jimny over the Thar, despite having owned a Thar till recently. Jimny is a much better, well rounded global product than the Thar will ever be.
harish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 12:32   #3254

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
Used this visit to upgrade foglamps. The chosen one was a Brand called “TRIO”. This has 3 colour modes, White(5800 kelvin), Warm White(4500 k) and Yellow(3000k)
Hey there! I have a few questions regarding that fog lamp upgrade/installation and it would be helpful if you can share some insights regarding them.

1. Where did you source those LEDs from?
2. What is the wattage rating of those LEDs?
3. Did you use the stock wiring or opted for any additional wiring with relays?
4. Can you please share some photographs showing illumination of the fog lamps in a dark road/area?

Thanks.
Old 5th June 2024, 14:29   #3255
BHPian

Re: Making my Jimny drive as near a monocoque SUV as possible Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
For lifts of 60mm - 75mm a Rear Panhard Rod Offset Relocation Bracket and Adjustable Panhard rods (rear and front) along with the Relocation Bracket would be required.
You mean either adjustable panrods or relocation bracket is needed or both? 3" kits with adjustable panrods normally don't have relocation bracket in it. Looking at 4xforza website, the 3" kit, it doesn't have panrods so make sense to have the relocation kit.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks