Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2024, 09:28   #3211

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

I got mine on the 31st of December 2023, with the highest possible discounts. A white Zeta manual.
Well, off-road 4x4s can come in many shapes and sizes. Some people like them big, burly and butch and some like me want them slight, light and nimble with a petrol engine. Just like a CJ-3B with the hurricane F-Head. A Jimny feels the closest to that, though it comes from a totally different heritage.
Strictly my personal views though. Thanks
JessieS is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 14:45   #3212
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guys, the Owner's manual is orderable and can be procured just like any regular spare. Costs Rs. 520.

Procurement link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-jimn...nual-58342925/
Can you please let me know if the Owners Manual from Boodmo is A4 size or cut to a smaller booklet size corresponding to the actual print area?
Old 25th May 2024, 19:08   #3213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
Can you please let me know if the Owners Manual from Boodmo is A4 size or cut to a smaller booklet size corresponding to the actual print area?
From the pics the manual appears to be a booklet. I also ordered from Boodmo (the same link in the quoted post)

Not to be the bearer of bad news but please be aware of ordering from Boodmo, I ordered the Owner's Manual in February 2024 and until May 24, 2024 no progress was made, during this waiting period I raised a couple of support tickets and the customer support team cancelled the order (on May 24, 2024) rather than changing the Supplier (as other suppliers were showing the item in stock) for the order.

There are three supplier please choose the supplier which show ready stock, my order was with MG6/AVI, I will retry to order once the refund reflects in my account.
nbk.0707 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 21:17   #3214
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbk.0707 View Post
There are three supplier please choose the supplier which show ready stock, my order was with MG6/AVI, I will retry to order once the refund reflects in my account.
On Boodmo, one of the vendors (MG11/MTC) is now selling the manual at a discounted price of Rs. 487. They claim to have 990 items in stock.
In case you order and receive the booklet, do let me know if it is in A4 size or small booklet size corresponding to the actual print area.
I would buy only if it is in the small booklet size.
TSS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 09:54   #3215

Someone has done a great favour to all Jimny lovers. He has translated a Workshop Manual for JB74 from Russian to English. Below is a link if someone wishes to download.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Jimny/comme...ed_to_english/
Sukh4030 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 21:53   #3216
BHPian

Soft copy of Maruti Suzuki Jimny Owners Manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jimny99011M80T0074EOwners Manual.pdf (16.80 MB, 131 views)
Rahul Lal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 17:26   #3217

I have recently bought Jimny Alpha. I have done 450 km till now and the system is reporting an average of 8.5 km/L. Is this normal for a new car? Will it improve as the kilometres accumulate?
Sukh4030 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 23:23   #3218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukh4030 View Post
I have recently bought Jimny Alpha. I have done 450 km till now and the system is reporting an average of 8.5 km/L. Is this normal for a new car? Will it improve as the kilometres accumulate?
Normal for the Jimny and it will remain there about. Infact it may come down once you get used to the power (lack of power rather) lol and you push it a lot more.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 23:43   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
I usually get 12-14 kmpl FE for my Jimny Alpha AT, bought in July 2023, 9550 km on ODO, no oil change yet, in Gurgaon. Stock tyres, recommended tyre pressure, no Nitrogen, no extraordinary treatment to the car, no throttle controller. I avoid IOCL fuel stations and mostly fill up from BPCL or HP bunks.

Please complete the break in period properly, do the usual checks like engine air filter cleaning in regular intervals, keeping proper tyre pressure, filling up tank from reliable fuel stations etc. Also, frequent braking and acceleration reduces FE of Jimny considerably. You can't drive Jimny aggressively within the city limits. This is not a Polo GT or N-line.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 07:01   #3220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does that include a lot of engine idling time(to keep the AC running), considering the harsh summer? If yes, this is normal. You may need to do a tankful to tankful FE calculation to arrive at a more realistic figure as MID readings in most of the vehicles are a little off. Jimny owners can chip in on what's the general variation observed.

You've not mentioned if these FE figures are for predominantly city usage. Jimny otherwise should give 10 kmpl easily in city driving(moderate traffic), it's poor aerodynamics notwithstanding. Of course, it largely depends on driving style too. As the engine runs-in, one can expect slightly improved FE, but not by a big margin.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 28th May 2024 at 07:22.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 08:54   #3221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... recently bought Jimny Alpha. I have done 450 km till now... average of 8.5 km/L....
Since the car is very new, probably a part of the average is contributed by the dealer folks (stockyard, workshop, showroom etc.) who drove very aggressively. Do a reset and check your own average after a tankful. I easily manage to get 10kmpl in Pune city traffic in my Alpha AT.

Hth,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 09:40   #3222
TSS
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
I am a newbie here. I am seriously considering a Jimny Alpha AT. Are there discounts still available? The local NEXA showroom (Sikanderpur in Gurgaon) is offering only 50K. The sales guy also mentioned Maruti will revise prices on April 17th (he was non-committal on whether the revision would be upwards or downwards ) Anyhow if someone knows of a showroom where better discounts are available, please share.
Quote:
Quote:
Can you tell which showroom did you buy from? i am interested in buying and would like to explore the possibility of availing discount. Thanks

Hello Sukh4030
I assume you have purchased your Jimny in the last week of April or 1st week of May.
Is it MY 23 or 24?
Could you share what discount (in addition to 50,000 Maruti offer) did you finally get and from which dealer?
I am on the look-out for a good deal.
Old 28th May 2024, 10:15   #3223

A big thanks to everyone who replied to my post about fuel efficiency of Jimny.
Moving to another issue of concern. I intend to travel to mountains (Leh included) frequently. I follow a youtuber - BRH expeditions who has done the Manali to Leh road trip. In his last but one video post, he had major breakdown wherein the mount (driver side) of transfer case broke into half. He did manage to do an effective "juga" type repair with the help of a local mechanic.
Has anyone else faced a break of transfer case mounts? They are made of some aluminium alloy. There is an alternative steel mount being made and used in NZ. Would replacing the aluminium alloy mounts with steel one be a better arrangement? And what about a transfer case guard? Hope to get some feedback on this issue. Some photos of mounts are below
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-tc-mounts-1.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-tc-mounts-2.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-tc-mounts-3.jpeg  

Old 28th May 2024, 10:36   #3224

Hello TSS
I got the delivery on May 10th. It is Alpha AT, 23 make. I got a 200K (total) discount. Could have haggled for more but I did not have the patience and was anxious to finalize. NEXA Alwar - Fortune motors. On the day of my car delivery, they still had a manual Alpha and a Zeta.
Old 28th May 2024, 10:58   #3225
TSS
BHPian

Thanks Sukh4030
I am looking for an Alpha AT. Am open to MY24 too since there are hardly any in MY23 in Blue Black in NCR. One I saw was not in pristine condition.
Once I have mine, we can try meeting. In addition to the Jimny, there are some more interests we have in common.
All the best for your Leh trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks