Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2024, 14:04   #3166
TSS
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Try Manesar, Rewari, Jind, Sohna etc. Or Greater Noida for a better deal.
Thanks RijuC.
As suggested by you, I will expand the geographical area of my search. Have already taken quote from Manesar Nexa. Its more or less the same. To the few dealers I have already spoken, bigger discounts are available on MY23 but with limited color options and only MT variant.
Someone also advised me that by now, some of the MY23 vehicles could be the ones rejected during PDI by cautious buyers. The perfect ones are gone by now.
TSS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 10:53   #3167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSS View Post
Thanks RijuC.
As suggested by you, I will expand the geographical area of my search. Have already taken quote from Manesar Nexa. Its more or less the same. To the few dealers I have already spoken, bigger discounts are available on MY23 but with limited color options and only MT variant.
Someone also advised me that by now, some of the MY23 vehicles could be the ones rejected during PDI by cautious buyers. The perfect ones are gone by now.
You can try with Nexa Akshardham as well. Last month they arranged an Alpha AT from HYD to be delivered in BLR for a friend(who relocated from DEL to BLR during negotiation). This Nexa picked 10 Jimnys from HYD in total.
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 11:39   #3168
TSS
BHPian

Thanks Saurabh. Will contact Nexa Akshardham.

Just for my knowledge wanted to know what could be the circumstances for a Delhi dealer to pick up vehicles from so far off (Hyderabad) rather than from the company's stockyard. As far as I know, Jimny is manufactured at Maruti's Gurgaon plant. Wouldn't the massive freight cost dent his margin.

I assume it might be a stock re-distribution effort by the company itself from excess stock regions to stock deficient regions, rather than manufacture new vehicles.
TSS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 12:05   #3169
BHPian

Quote:

I assume it might be a stock re-distribution effort by the company itself from excess stock regions to stock deficient regions, rather than manufacture new vehicles.
Having experienced the attitude of Nexa salespeople, I am perplexed as to why they would go to such lengths. There must be some mandate set by the company to sell x Jimny to get y number of other cars as stock. Nothing else came to my mind, and neither did that sales guy who was willing to share with my friend.

But as Rajat stated, check out all Tier 2,3 cities if you want a cracker deal. Go radially outward. Get dealers into a bidding war and whatnot. Yes, this can happen even if you have patience and play it right with sales. There are not many models within the Maruti portfolio where one can squeeze them like this. I even got the car from an outlet nearly 125 kms from my place. The reward was that it landed in the range I was looking for when prices were revealed last year.

Last edited by navin : 2nd May 2024 at 16:17. Reason: Grammar
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st May 2024, 22:52   #3170
BHPian

Quote:
Well, you are absolutely correct, it's called "Stage Migration" or "Will Rogers Phenomenon". Simply put, just to increase the averages - as portfolio managers do to get their bonuses
Old 2nd May 2024, 16:13   #3171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
A Whimsical Tale of Jimny Showa Sequential Taillights
In the race to be unique on the road, much weirdness is being incorporated into basic lighting systems. I found this Jimny last night, and I'm afraid it left me a little dizzy. Distracted driving is not really desirable.
SS-Traveller is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 16:23   #3172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
In the race to be unique on the road, much weirdness is being incorporated into basic lighting systems. I found this Jimny last night, and I'm afraid it left me a little dizzy. Distracted driving is not really desirable.
And like a honey bee you are following its lights

Sequential lights and now - dancing lights, just a matter of time police will start pulling over people for this too.
Old 2nd May 2024, 16:37   #3173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
And like a honey bee you are following its lights

Sequential lights and now - dancing lights, just a matter of time police will start pulling over people for this too.
More like a moth or firefly!

And then there are the rear-facing super-bright LED lights to dazzle high beam drivers.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2024, 21:01   #3174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Apologies but there are tail lights and there are road legal tail lights. The one installed on the Jimny in the video link that you shared is crass and cringe worthy.

This is a video of the Showa Tail Lights installed on my Jimny, enclosing this since I was quoted : - most certainly neither will it distract not cause dizziness..... They are mellow and easy on the eye....some would even say more so than even the bulbs provided by the OEM.

These are road legal tail lights in Japan and would be confirming to most worldwide standards.

The cars today which are moving towards providing bigger brighter tail lights and also sequential indicator and tail lights - even by our own Mahindra (XUV 700 is an example) and a host of other manufacturers - both domestic and international. Kia Seltos new variant has them as well.

Agree with your point though that it should neither be distracting nor blinding.

The world of yonder with basic lights was easy on the eyes - so was halogen lights in headlights. But times change.Example below:

Maruti Jimny Review-kia-tail-lights.jpg

As for uniqueness both on and off the road is what most of us strive for - one that gives us a unique identity - and rightly so as long as we cause no harm to anyone in the quest to attain "uniqueness"....
ShivC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 10:07   #3175

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Saw this Jimny modified with Brabus kit, it looked neat, the interior was finished in bright orange leather upholstery.

Isn’t the front emblem rotated a bit

@ Mods - please relocate if this doesn’t fit in here.
I did spot a similar modified Jimny in Riyadh, KSA, but it was white. I couldn't get a clear shot of the vehicle as I was in moving traffic. It took some time for me to understand the vehicle before I could click the pictures. Pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-20240428_073815.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-20240428_074119.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-20240428_0741190.jpg  

Jaison is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2024, 08:45   #3176
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note:

A few posts have been moved to a new thread (Enabling 2WD Low Mode (2WDL) for the Maruti Jimny: A simple modification)
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 19:49   #3177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Bought this PM 2.5 Filter for my Jimny, it uses the same size as Ignis/3rd Gen WagonR.

Part No: 990J0M69RS0-010
Was frankly tired of smelling the outside world inside the cabin of the Jimny despite being in air re-circulation mode all the time. Tried finding a carbon activated filter but there is nothing available for the Wagon R / Ignis and of course the Jimny in India.

Searched many websites and finally found a product on Amazon Japan - quite popular too there and Amazon's Choice as well:

Maruti Jimny Review-img_7444.jpg

This is a cabin filter with Special 5 Layer Construction With Activated Carbon to ensure effective filtering. Each layer plays a different role to capture fine particles and impurities. Suitable for Suzuki Jimny JB74 and our 5 door as well:

Maruti Jimny Review-img_7440.jpg

Installation - fairly simple DIY less than a 5 minute job as the cabin filter is located behind the glove box cover. Just remove the glove box cover, remove the filter cover, remove the OEM provided filter (which is completely worthless IMHO) and insert followed up by a reverse cycle.

Was lucky that there was a garbage truck fully loaded with beautiful smells coming right in front of me (experienced joy for the first time seeing a fully loaded garbage truck right in front of me) - did not smell a single one of them despite tailing it for more than a kilometer .

PS: Should have done this as the first addition to the Jimny - in hindsight....
ShivC is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th May 2024, 17:22   #3178
BHPian

I have a question for owners of the manual transmission variants of the Jimny.

When I drive my Jimny Zeta MT in 4th and 5th gears and accelerate, I hear a faint rattling noise as if something underneath is loose or perhaps like a broken bearing. It's continuously audible for as long as I press the accelerator and I don't lug the engine. It is more clearly heard if I roll down my window and drive next to a wall or tall divider that can reflect the noise to me. This sound is not heard in the first three gears even if I lug the engine. It is also distinct from the resonance that can be heard while lugging, which is something I always try to avoid.

I took my car to Motorcraft, Sector 57, Noida. They said that they will need to compare with another manual Jimny but hardly any come in for service. I asked them to check whatever oil levels they can so they checked the front and rear differentials and the transfer case. Oil level was up to spec. There is another Nexa service centre in sector 57 and they said it is normal for the MT variant. Went to Fairdeal in sector 5 and they too said it is normal. They said it is from the intermediate shaft, the one between the gearbox and T-case.

Has anyone else experienced this noise?

Last edited by Darth Sid : 11th May 2024 at 17:26. Reason: Added that the noise is continuous during use of the accelerator
Old 12th May 2024, 07:50   #3179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
I have a question for owners of the manual transmission variants of the Jimny.

When I drive my Jimny Zeta MT in 4th and 5th gears and accelerate, I hear a faint rattling noise as if something underneath is loose or perhaps like a broken bearing.
I haven't experienced this (or noticed this) yet, in any gear. Though there is a peculiar vibration / buzz in the IRVM under acceleration - in a particular rpm band. I suspect a defective IRVM mount.
I will look for the rattling noise you mention and update.
blueberry is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 14:57   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
I haven't experienced this (or noticed this) yet, in any gear. Though there is a peculiar vibration / buzz in the IRVM under acceleration - in a particular rpm band. I suspect a defective IRVM mount.
I will look for the rattling noise you mention and update.
Thank you. Please let me know if you detect the rattling sound. It's very faint with the windows rolled up and is most audible with the window down and driving next to something that can reflect sound.

My Jimny has that buzz in the IRVM too. Yes, it is in certain rpm bands only.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks