Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2024, 13:16   #2911
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
One of SA has contacted me about Jimny Alpha Manual and he is offering a discount of max 1.4 lakhs. Please advise, if there can be any further room for negotiation. Going by the discount that others got I feel the adequate discount should be around 2.4 lakhs.
I am more inclined toward Alpha AT but do you advise to consider MT which is the last inventory the dealer has? I have requested VIN and waiting for his response.
Hi,

That is the discount that was being offered by Dealers during the December offer. I was offered the same but instead i went for the Zeta Manual, which had a much higher discount. I got my Delhi registered Zeta Manual for 12.3L on road.
The difference between the Zeta and Alpha are cosmetic, minimal. I am doing my upgrades from the aftermarket.
Have changed the tires to Yokohama 235s, front grill changed and arm rest put (refer photo). All these cost me 60k, and I'm still overall below the 13L spend mark.

I'd suggest get the Zeta and then upgrade it as per your requirements. Its a real value for money option.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-pxl_20240128_013031993.raw01.cover.jpg  

Ksingh544 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 15:25   #2912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Hey, just observed that you seem to have non-stock tyres with the stock spare wheel cover. Are your tyres 215 section and does the stock spare wheel cover fit on them comfortably ?
Old 7th February 2024, 16:43   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post

Another question - Can somebody confirm the type of bulb needed as a direct replacement for the indoor cabin lights in a Jimny? Is it W5W or T10 type? Has anyone found cabin light bulbs that are warm white and not pure white?
After a long search I found cabin light LED bulbs of Carmate GIGA having natural white light (5000K) from Amazon Japan suitable for Jimny.
Since front cabin light is placed quite near to driver & passenger, too bright LED bulbs (6500K) hurt eyes. You can also rotate the LED portion of the bulb towards upwards if you still want to reduce brightness or glare. After fitting these I found illumination quite pleasant.
Also for boot area lamp I have replaced with Osram T10 LED 1W bulb from Amazon India. The illumination is enough for boot area.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_6968.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6969.jpeg  

Rahul Lal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 17:02   #2914
BHPian

Folks, anyone has issue with the Android Auto/Bluetooth connection for phone calls on the Jimny (Alpha version)? Initially it was working quite well but now the person on the other end keeps complaining about choppy audio. Interestingly I can hear them clearly and I keep shouting back, but especially for the initial part of the call, the receiver is unable to hear me or the voice comes across as quite broken.

I tried unpairing and pairing but it seem to occur quite frequently. On my other cars, I don't have a problem and the audio is clear both ways so I know it is not my phone.
Old 7th February 2024, 17:22   #2915
Distinguished - BHPian

With continuation to this post-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5710118 (Maruti Jimny Review)

After fixing the above, I went underneath the car for another thorough checkup and found these scratches.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9605.jpg

As soon as I saw this, I called up Maruti for an underbelly coating and they quoted Rs 4,500.

I could have gotten it done, but then again I thought, while going for OTRs the underbelly might get scratched again, so best to find a DIY solution for this. Jimny already came with a rubberized coating from the factory. So that was another reason I didn't want to get another underbelly coating right now.

At home I cleaned the area, and I applied the filler on it.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9606.jpg

Next day, I had a talk with Dbhpain Leoshashi about a good underbelly anti-rust spray can. As we were not sure whether the filler will absorb moisture in the long run or not, so best was to get it painted with a matt black anti rust spray over it. He recommended the below product from Wurth. I was not getting this product online, so he helped me to get a couple of 500 ml cans.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9660.jpg

After applying the filler, I let it dry for a day. Then I sprayed this anti-rust coat thrice from a distance of 30 cm as mentioned on the can. Each coat took 30 to 90 mins to dry depending on the thickness. The end result is more than satisfactory.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9663.jpg

Atleast if the underbelly gets scratched yet again, I can use this spray and get the job done on my own anytime.

Last edited by Samba : 7th February 2024 at 17:41.
Samba is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 18:02   #2916
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
After a long search I found cabin light LED bulbs of Carmate GIGA having natural white light (5000K) from Amazon Japan suitable for Jimny.
Since front cabin light is placed quite near to driver & passenger, too bright LED bulbs (6500K) hurt eyes. You can also rotate the LED portion of the bulb towards upwards if you still want to reduce brightness or glare. After fitting these I found illumination quite pleasant.
Also for boot area lamp I have replaced with Osram T10 LED 1W bulb from Amazon India. The illumination is enough for boot area.
Thanks for the tip! I happened to order this from Amazon locally - it’s a pack of 4 (2 extra) so if anyone wants the remaining two with local pickup then DM me. The boot lamp I will order as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_7923.jpeg  

Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 21:42   #2917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
Hey, just observed that you seem to have non-stock tyres with the stock spare wheel cover. Are your tyres 215 section and does the stock spare wheel cover fit on them comfortably ?
Yes, all four tyres are 215/75/R15 (Continental CrossContact AT) but the spare is stock. The cover didn’t fit the wider tyre properly, so I let it be and just went with four tyres. I’ll treat the spare as a space-saver for emergencies.

The circumference of 215/75/R15 is marginally smaller than the stock tyre, but the width makes mounting the cover quite tricky.
Biraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 08:56   #2918
BHPian

When I first saw the images of Delta Integrale and R5 Turbo ‘versions’ of the Jimny by DAMD, I was like, why? After watching this video, I am like, why not? It’s such a fun little concept and elevates the fun quotient of the Jimny even further.

Biraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 15:36   #2919
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
Folks, anyone has issue with the Android Auto/Bluetooth connection for phone calls on the Jimny (Alpha version)?
I have a slightly different issue. Whenever I cross a spot that is close (almost level) to a mobile tower on a roof top my Android Auto disconnects from the phone. It is a replicable problem - I know a spot in Banaswadi where can I recreate the problem at will because the mobile tower is on a 1st floor terrace. Likewise when crossing over the bridge at Manyata Tech park, the music stops playing, the map vanishes from the screen and the HU disconnects.

Anyone else seen this?

Also I have another question- I see a lot of roof racks online for the Jimny with led lighting at the front. How does one pull a wire to these lights to power them without drilling a hole in the roof or engine bay side panel?

Last edited by Ragul : 8th February 2024 at 15:38.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 16:58   #2920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I have a slightly different issue. Whenever I cross a spot that is close (almost level) to a mobile tower on a roof top my Android Auto disconnects from the phone.
I own a Alpha automatic Jimny since September 2023. I haven't noticed this particular problem. Also phone calls are intelligible both ways. However I've noticed one problem with my Apple Carplay. It takes a very long time for the map to display my position correctly. It's all over the place before it gets its bearings right. Eventually it corrects itself though. I don't know if it is a problem with my phone (it's quite old ) or with the infotainment system. Sometimes toggling between airplane mode on the mobile to disconnect the two devices and turning it back on corrects this. I am observing it for the time being.
sanhan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 07:15   #2921
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, the Owner's manual is orderable and can be procured just like any regular spare. Costs Rs. 520.

Procurement link: https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-jimn...nual-58342925/

Maruti Jimny Review-20240209_065634.jpg

I picked 3 manuals, as I recently got 2 more Jimnys in my friend circle. It was a great fun driving them both back to Ranchi from Lucknow, dense fog be damned.

Maruti Jimny Review-20240116_183015.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20240116_193910.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20240116_230440.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20240116_230530.jpg

Detailed report in my ownership review.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 09:48   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Guys, the Owner's manual is orderable and can be procured just like any regular spare. Costs Rs. 520.

Detailed report in my ownership review.
Thanks for this information Shashi. I wish I had known earlier then I wouldn't have got one printed - it's rather huge and bulky.

Also look forward to your always excellent ownership review.
dileep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 22:29   #2923
Senior - BHPian

After dilly- dallying for 2 months, finally bit the bullet and bought Jimny. I liked AT but after multiple test drives, found MT reasonable. While I find AT slightly better, given my use case and availability, finalized MT. There have been enough discussion on AT vs MT, and not going to poke it further. Did clock about 500KM post delivery and below are some pros and cons.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_5754.jpeg

Positives

1. Brilliantly tuned suspension. It’s neither too soft or too stiff. On bad patches ride reminds me of Duster.

2. Capable off road. While it lacks the punch of other burly 4x4 I have, has enough grunt to tackle bad terrain. The compact size is a big plus.

3. Amazing drivability. On Mysore road from toll-toll, I did not shift gear even once, even at 30KM/Hr the car doesn’t stall in 5th gear. On a busy ring road I can drive in 3rd gear with occasional shift to 2nd gear.

4. Decent space inside despite a small footprint. Once inside, gives a big car feel from drivers seat. 4 adults can easily do a week long trip.

5. Decent kit including 6 airbags, large screen head unit, Auto headlights, rear wipe and wash, keyless entry etc.

Negatives

1. While the engine power is adequate, if one is used to more powerful engines, will be wanting more. On 4 lane highway you can easily maintain 100-110 all day but then if you are looking quick surge, look elsewhere.

2. Gear shifts are not in league of other Suzuki. It’s not notchy but misses the mechanical feel. The clutch is light though and easy to operate. That said one needs much less gear shifts.

3. Some missing essentials like seat height adjust, storage space for knick-knacks, better speakers .

4. Turning radius is large and steering is quite slow by current standards. Takes some time getting used especially if you haven’t driven Gypsy or some body on frame UVs.

Few other observation:

1. Drove off road with about 100Kilo payload plus 3 adults. With 4H Jimny climbed up steep incline without much drama.

2. Jimny shines when the trails become narrower. The bigger 4x4 while have the grunt, sheer size makes it complicated at narrow stretch.

3. Fuel efficiency is far off from usual Suzuki standards. At average speed of 65KM/Hr, MID was indicating around 17KMPL.

4. Headlights are good , fog lamps helps to light up the road edges. DRL would have been good, sadly Jimny doesn’t get one!

5. Despite body on frame, average engine, slow steering, Jimny handles corners well. Not in league of sedans or hatchback but body roll is lesser than I expected.

6. Seats are a size smaller. Heavier folks might find this a bit uncomfortable. The cushioning is good and has a bit of firmness.

Overall at discounted price, it’s a steal when you a consider the capability and practicality. Given how car prices have increased recently at 13-14L, Jimny certainly offers a lot more. It’s a fun little car that you can take off-road, use as daily driver within city or go for a week long vacation .
PrideRed is offline   (49) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 10:56   #2924
BHPian

Thank you for the wonderful summary of the vehicle. Congratulations on the purchase and wishing you many miles of happiness with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
It’s a fun little car that you can take off-road, use as daily driver within city or go for a week long vacation .
Can you summarize it's utility as a tourer, with respect to comfort in the front and rear rows while being seated for long hours and ability to overtake easily on single carriageways? I don't much mind the lack of power if it's comfortable enough for the front row occupants and reasonably so for the rear seat ones, and isn't scary to perform overtakes with.

Thanks.
Old 11th February 2024, 11:33   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
After dilly- dallying for 2 months, finally bit the bullet and bought Jimny.
Mate,
congratulations and thank you for such a comprehensive and precise summary of pro's and cons's.
I have a question here, how and much do you feel the difference when driving Fortuner and then Jimny. Does it affects your driving habit, do you feel the need to adjust. Plus was the price only motivation, I mean any reason why you did not consider Thar. My apologies if my questions are bit personal I am finding my self in a similar situation and want to understand the perspective better.

thank you
Regards
jimmyjagga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks