Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:07   #2821

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

One of the unfortunate early movers to buy the vehicle only due to the discount fiasco of December.
Nevertheless, following are my observations on driving Alpha AT - Kinetic Yellow.

1000 km distance travel by now. Sluggish to start with, but once on the move glides very smooth. The bad roads seem like a breeze. A lot of onlookers on every drive.
A slightly higher turning radius makes me more careful in taking quick turns.
The braking distance is a little more at high speeds, so had to recalibrate my driving and so far have pushed it to only 110 on clear roads, so do not have the confidence yet to drive it faster.
The floor mats are sub-standard quality and the lack of LED strip on gear level is surprising to say the least (very handy in the night)
The air pressure guidance is somewhat odd, 26 in the front and 29 at the back, felt 26 was too low and had to go for 28.
The stock tyres seem quite puny but not so sure to upgrade so early in the game.

It serves my purpose in terms of having a slightly raised profile and also nimble to move around and very easy to park. The reverse camera is servicable even in the night, not very high quality though,
Jimnyuser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:11   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
Hi Gurus, I have posted some queries on Jimny in another thread and got all the response.
Now I have new sets of queries, please guide me.

1: Is there any upgrade expected from Maruti Suzuki to address high performance and below avg. FE when compared with other MS cars.
2: I called couple of dealers in Patna and they have denied any discount, now the top variant cost approx. 18 Lakhs. Can we expect similar discount by end of this year.

Note: I am not in hurry, can wait for an year for better deal and better product. But for sure only Jimny is going to replace Spark and Ertiga will be there as secondary car. Jimny is as exciting as RE Interceptor was when launched.
Jimny has the same specs sold worldwide and therefor it is highly unlikely to expect any upgrade soon, unless Suzuki (Japan) decides to do so.

Some of the agents in Kerala and Tamilnadu are still having unsold Jimnys (Alpha AT) with 2 Lakhs offer (color choices are limited though). So if you are really keen, it would be good to invest some time in checking in neighboring states, and they can deliver the car for you without the road tax paid. someone from TN offered a Grey Jimny to my friend yesterday and the price on road Kerala was coming to 16.08 Lakhs (adding 2.08 Lakhs Keara road tax).

The chances of Maruti committing the same mistake of producing much more than demand and putting stock clearance is highly unlikely in 2024
Catamaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:31   #2823

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007maverick View Post
Great Company but lacks Marketing muscle:
I did reach out to Shashank, MD, and talked about the discounting fiasco and also reminded him of the 2016 pricing fiasco where they had passed on the discounts to pass on to the early buyers.

Ultra Greedy is what i can say. Some of my relatives even made mockery of the purchase after this fiasco. No way am i ever going to buy a MSIL vehicle.

The more revealing part was the Nexa sales and service folks are woefully inept and rude.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd January 2024 at 10:08. Reason: Quote tags
Old 22nd January 2024, 17:41   #2824

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
I think its known issue. Have seen this in one of the international video on Youtube. Not sure if there was any solution mentioned but could be issue with some rare scenario. As not seen this mentioned by others. Let me see if I can find that video.
Observed it again yesterday during offroading. Planning to take the vehicle to service center tomorrow. Looks like this is a prevalent issue. Few others have also had similar issue in the Jimny group while offroading. Another veteran from the group shared a you tube video where Jimny jumping out of low range is observed.

Iam surprised that more people have not seen this issue in this forum.
4x4master is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 18:56   #2825
BANNED

I am getting a roof rack for the Jimny and the sellers mechanic quoted 2.5k for fitting and installation. How much is a reasonable price? Is it totally safe to DIY? Or is there a risk that it will fall off under load and high speed?
Old 22nd January 2024, 19:05   #2826
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I am getting a roof rack for the Jimny and the sellers mechanic quoted 2.5k for fitting and installation. How much is a reasonable price? Is it totally safe to DIY? Or is there a risk that it will fall off under load and high speed?
Can you share pics?
Maybe I can help through my local mech and myself of course.
Or else you can check with AutoStyle Koramangala - they are usually service oriented and reasonable.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 20:06   #2827
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Can you share pics?
Maybe I can help through my local mech and myself of course.
Or else you can check with AutoStyle Koramangala - they are usually service oriented and reasonable.
It’s the one in the attached pic. It is too large to stufff inside the car even with the backseats folded. So I have to take a mechanic with me to the store which is just a 10 min ride away from my house.

Edit : I think I will for it for it myself then drive down to a garage to make sure everything is robustly setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_7897.jpeg  

Last edited by Ragul : 22nd January 2024 at 20:22.
Old 22nd January 2024, 20:26   #2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
If possible, please share where you've bought them from. Thank you.
I bought it from Swastik Fabs in Bangalore for 799/-. They also sell through Amazon. You can order from their website as well.
Old 22nd January 2024, 20:40   #2829
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
It’s the one in the attached pic. It is too large to stufff inside the car even with the backseats folded. So I have to take a mechanic with me to the store which is just a 10 min ride away from my house.

Edit : I think I will for it for it myself then drive down to a garage to make sure everything is robustly setup.
It looks quite simple from the picture. Can you show the fastening attachments and the Nuts and Bolts which are used?
Old 22nd January 2024, 21:18   #2830

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot_tsi View Post
Jimny owners in Bangalore, any recommended service centre for the Jimny (preferably around Bellandur area).
Also is there a Jimny owners whatsapp group?
Bimal Auto has opened a new NEXA workshop in outer ring road opposite to MORE and next to their True Value showroom. Being a brand new exclusive NEXA workshop of one of the biggest dealer, I feel they might be the right find for you. I will share my personal experience once I visit them for my first free service soon.

Quote:
Anyone know if the ECU is reprogrammed after the 6 month 2nd service? My car feels just different and better .. and I’ve only done about 2.8k kms in the last 6 months.
I always have this doubt regarding nitrogen fills. The atmosphere has 78% nitrogen which means if we fill air, it's 78% nitrogen. And any nitrogen filling stations for tyres won't have purest form of nitrogen but maximum 95%. So, does this 17% extra nitrogen makes any difference? I have tried using nitrogen in my cars but never able to make out any difference. This is a genuine confusion I always have & I look upon the seniors here to help me out.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th January 2024 at 08:32. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Trimmed quoted posts
ribsofman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 21:31   #2831

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribsofman View Post
Bimal Auto has opened a new NEXA workshop in outer ring road opposite to MORE and next to their True Value showroom. Being a brand new exclusive NEXA workshop of one of the biggest dealer, I feel they might be the right find for you. I will share my personal experience once I visit them for my first free service soon.
Yes. Have zeroed in on Bimal ORR workshop. Should go in for first service this week. Seems that first service has no oil change. So just some checkups.

There is a weird tick-tick noise that comes from the driver door when the vehicle picks up speed. Other than that, the car has been fabulous and especially loved by kids
Old 23rd January 2024, 00:26   #2832
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It looks quite simple from the picture. Can you show the fastening attachments and the Nuts and Bolts which are used?
That little box is sealed and I left it at the showroom. Will head out with a a bunch of Allen keys later this week and check.
Old 23rd January 2024, 13:23   #2833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Please sharehow you disabled the auto start stop and seat belt reminders
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
Can one disable the auto start/stop feature to not start whenever the vehicle is started?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Looking forward to the Start/Stop fix (other than putting it off manually by hitting the button everytime you start the car)
Apologies for the delayed response. here you go

DIY MOD - Disabling the pesky rear seat belt reminder and auto / start stop permanently

Time Required - 5 min
Tools Required - 1 set of human hands with opposable thumbs

Disclaimer - Both mods deal with safety related equipment in the car and MAY HAVE IMPACT ON VEHICLE PERFORMANCE INCLUDING AIRBAGS & OTHER ACTIVE & PASSIVE SYSTEMS. This post is for academic purpose only please use your own judgment.

With disclaimer out of the way below is the process

Rear seat belt reminder
1. Yank upwards on the both edges of the rear seat, rear will stay connected but the front will come off easily and pivot up like a car bonnet
2. Scooch to the middle of the seat and find two wires with clips at the end of them near the rear seat belt buckle
3. Unplug them, put the seat down and give it a solid thump on both edges to fix it back & you are DONE

Pull the seat up at the marked location
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240123_120928.jpg

Latch below the seat
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240123_120959.jpg

Seat belt reminder clips at the center of the seat
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240123_121018.jpg

Auto Start/ Stop disabling
1. Pop the bonnet and prop it up
2. Find the clip near the bonnet latch and unplug it & you are DONE
3. This fools the microhybrid system into believing that bonnet is open and car is in service mode and it does not auto shuts it off EVER

Clip near the bonnet latch at the center
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240123_120657.jpg

Closer Look
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240123_120645.jpg

Key concerns & closing statement
  • Micro hybrid light on the dash will keep flashing like crazy, I need to put a sticker over it
  • Car can believe it is not moving and not deploy airbags in case of a crash
  • ABS/ESP may not work as intended
  • Car may start believing it is a mountain goat and jump off a cliff etc etc etc. You get the gist.
  • Can I say with confidence these mods are 100% safe. NO.
  • Are there any fault codes what so ever. NO
  • Have I done these on my vehicle. YES
  • Do I worry about these. NO

Cheers
Vishwas
vishwaschettri is offline   (42) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 01:58   #2834

Hello. I'm planning to get the Jimny Alpha variant in kinetic Yellow. I'm getting a good deal after exchanging my 2021 ZXI Brezza against it. I'm just wanting to verify from the users if the deal, which I think is good, is actually good. They're offering me an amount closer to 13.5L on road. It'd be, needless to say, a 2023 model. Thoughts?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th January 2024 at 08:47. Reason: typos
Old 24th January 2024, 08:15   #2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrezzaGuy View Post
Hello. I'm planning to get the Jimny Alpha variant in kinetic Yellow. I'm getting a good deal after exchanging my 2021 ZXI Brezza against it. I'm just wanting to verify from the users if the deal, which I think is good, is actually good. They're offering me an amount closer to 13.5L on road. It'd be, needless to say, a 2023 model. Thoughts?
This seems to be a good deal & I got my Jimny few days back for almost the same price. Mine is Alpha MT Bluish Black 2023 model. It will be great if you can share the breakup of the on-road price you had mentioned. I wanted to see if they had included extended warranty, Suzuki rewards programme & basic accessories into your on-road pricing.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th January 2024 at 08:47. Reason: quoted post edited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks