Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2024, 15:37   #2746
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I have been wanting to write to Maruti regarding this from some time and did that early this week.
I share your feelings...

MSIL have always been concerned only about money. They've never been concerned about their customers. They literally mean business and nothing else.

While all other companies make the initial customers feel special, MSIL early customers have been fooled and made to look like idiots.

That said, I don't expect those running the affairs at MSIL to do anything to compensate.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 16:42   #2747
BHPian

Quote:
After the January 8th email I received a phone call from CRM of the local dealer, whom I bought the vehicle from, asking what the issue is? I told them the issue is explained in the email. Post which there is no further communication from maruti suzuki.
I had the same experience. Contact@Nexa keep passing it to the dealer which is pointless. The district or regional level sales - some one responded saying it is a normal process. Anyone above never responded.

Initial customers are supposed to be the brand ambassadors. Well done Maruti!
IB290 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 18:57   #2748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I share your feelings...

MSIL have always been concerned only about money. They've never been concerned about their customers. They literally mean business and nothing else.

While all other companies make the initial customers feel special, MSIL early customers have been fooled and made to look like idiots.

That said, I don't expect those running the affairs at MSIL to do anything to compensate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
I had the same experience. Contact@Nexa keep passing it to the dealer which is pointless. The district or regional level sales - some one responded saying it is a normal process. Anyone above never responded.

Initial customers are supposed to be the brand ambassadors. Well done Maruti!
I don't expect anything from Maruti Suzuki. But to register my protest is what I did with that email. As an early Jimny owner and Maruti Suzuki customer this is the least I could do.

Initial customers are now feeling really great!!
Sankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2024, 22:26   #2749
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi everyone,

very happy to share that i took delivery of Maruti Jimny Zeta Manual (Grey) today.
The delivery was delayed due to a mess up by the finance partner bank (more on that in a detailed post).
The team over at TR Sawhney Nexa in Safdarjung Delhi were very good, special shout out to Lawrence Goodwin and Joginder today for a smooth handover.

Just stepped out for dinner and the first car parked next to my Jimny is a spanking Lambo. Thats one way to make your Jimny look like a giant

Will share details in the days ahead. Thank you everyone on Instagram, Team BHP for answering queries and questions.

Heading tomorrow to change the tyres and grill. Will be keeping a very minimal look for this jeep.

I can finally change my signature line on BHP - Tempo Trax, Scorpio 2.6, Thar CRDE and now Suzuki Jimny.

So glad i waited till end 2023, the discounts offered by MSIL made this a no brainer purchase.

Cheers

Kundan.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img20240112wa0007.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20240112wa0033.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20240112wa0031.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20240112wa0035.jpg  

Ksingh544 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 04:18   #2750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't expect anything from Maruti Suzuki. But to register my protest is what I did with that email. As an early Jimny owner and Maruti Suzuki customer this is the least I could do.

This might make you feel a little better.
https://www.rushlane.com/jimny-thund...-12485910.html
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 08:04   #2751
BHPian

We haven't heard the last of price correction/discount on the Jimny, await the yearly Budget, and then take a call.

OT: probably the first time I've seen a Maruti hatchback selling in double digit, that too in Dec.
Old 13th January 2024, 10:25   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Have also been told by a reliable source that January onwards the monthly production will be limited to about 500 units only. That’s translates to about one car per dealership.

Let’s see how it pans out though….

Interesting times ahead with the THAR 5 door around the corner too…
ShivC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 10:44   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Jimny View Post
It is a very good deal for the Alpha MT with close to 3 Lakhs in discount.

The Nexa Dealers have their eyes on my 2007 Swift VDI
which has 2 major records, Hyderabad - Bengaluru in 5.5 hours and
Hyderabad - Chennai in 7 hours and it is a missile with absolute frugal
fuel consumption. Hope I can bring home the Jimny with the Home Ministers
consent
master uio is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 10:53   #2754
BHPian

Quote:

After the January 8th email I received a phone call from CRM of the local dealer, whom I bought the vehicle from, asking what the issue is? I told them the issue is explained in the email. Post which there is no further communication from maruti suzuki.
Quote:

I feel for you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
This was exactly the state of S-cross 1.6 buyers in 2015 when they over estimated the costing and burnt their hands with the pricing fiasco, which eventually led to the discontinuation of a brilliant car from Maruti at that time. I was surprised as this repeat mistake on a lifestyle product. Clearly shows the folks running the show at MSIL are either willing to take such risks and piss off early customers or try making a fat profit during the intitial launch.

Just like you, the S-Cross is the last car I bought from Maruti and I will never look towards them as a brand worth even considering. Their after sales services though are good, primarily because the customer's service experience is with the dealers. I've always had a wonderful experience with all Maruti services.

NEXA - The less said, the better. I have on multiple occassions voiced out on this forum that NEXA as a brand and team are just useless bunch of idiots who can neither understand customer issue or provide a response that makes any sense. All they do is a postman job, i.e. shift the issue to the dealer you have bought the car from and go silent. I've given up on NEXA long back and snub them at every opportunity presented to me. I don't recommend you waste your time dealing with them because they are incompetent & just don't care.
sudeepg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 19:28   #2755
BHPian

Quote:

Greetings,

If someone at Maruti are reading this.

Let me help you as how to undo the mistake you did, as you don't have people to give better ideas.

Clearly, you don't have guys with sane minds! Because, you wouldn't launch Jimny at the ridiculous pricing and do price revision citing year end. Meh!!

Anyways, you can consider refunding the money to the owners who booked the Jimny on the launch day in January and purchased it without cancelling their booking even after eye watering prices that were revealed in June.

Those owners who still bought are your loyal base.
As the saying goes the nail that sticks out gets hammered first and we got hammered by your pricing.
Still there's time. You can undo your mistake.
That's the least you they can do.
C'mon Maruti, You did it earlier for the 1.6.
So...why dilly dally now.

I promise to book Invcito if you refund me .
Oh wait should I still buy a Maruti after they betrayed me!!

Drive Safe.
matchvan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 21:18   #2756
BHPian

No offense to anyone but it's not fruitful to write such emails and waste time of everyone in this forum or even at Maruti especially when we all know it's normal business practice.

It's called being receptive to market feedback to improve sales and sustain operations. Do Maruti need to take approval of existing buyers before revising pricing upward or downward? Imagine if they don't reduce the price and because of low sales they take it of assembly - who will be at loss? Can anyone cite a example where consumer would have paid to manufacturer when he has revised prices upwards after delivery?

Do we go and pay to real estate developer if prices go up after our booking in a month or two? I won't buy your products because you reduce your prices is so childish. I bet if they make something VFM and you need it and don't buy it, it's your loss and not theirs. Others would be willing to wait in queue for that product. If you feel product is not worth what you paid for its you who is at fault and not the company.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th January 2024 at 11:13. Reason: Please choose your words carefully when formatting a reply. Thanks for understanding.
ghtg1 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 22:18   #2757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes but the damage is done, but since the inventory they have almost cleared the 2023 stock lets see what they do going ahead. Being Maruti couldn't trust them anymore. But the product is good so that is comforting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
I feel for you!!!!

This was exactly the state of S-cross 1.6 buyers in 2015 when they over estimated the costing and burnt their hands with the pricing fiasco, which eventually led to the discontinuation of a brilliant car from Maruti at that time. I was surprised as this repeat mistake on a lifestyle product. Clearly shows the folks running the show at MSIL are either willing to take such risks and piss off early customers or try making a fat profit during the intitial launch.
Maruti clearly does not understand the concept of a lifestyle product and how its positioning matters and how these. But anyways as a product the SCross 1.6 and the Jimny are special. The problem with Maruti and specials is that almost always the buyers buying their specials end up feeling like idiots. Some of the maruti specials I remember from the past are:- Grand Vitara XL7 V6 petrol, Grand Vitara 2.0/2/4, and the Kizashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
Have also been told by a reliable source that January onwards the monthly production will be limited to about 500 units only. That’s translates to about one car per dealership.
Production numbers probably be the same, but the units could be diverted for export rather than the domestic market. The number of countries getting the maruti made 5 door Jimny's are South Africa, Australia, Philippines, Bangladesh, Nepal and soon Japan. This is what i gathered from the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchvan View Post
If someone at Maruti are reading this.

Let me help you as how to undo the mistake you did, as you don't have people to give better ideas.
Invicto? Buy from Toyota please. Dont take the refund!!

Last edited by Sheel : 14th January 2024 at 11:14. Reason: Trimmed quoted post. Thanks.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 08:01   #2758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Heading tomorrow to change the tyres and grill. Will be keeping a very minimal look for this jeep.
Hearty congratulations on the Jimny. Which tyres did you go for finally?
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 12:03   #2759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghtg1 View Post
No offense to anyone but it's foolish to write such emails and waste time of everyone in this forum or even at Maruti especially when we all know it's normal business practice. It's called being receptive to market feedback to improve sales and sustain operations. Do Maruti need to take approval of existing buyers before revising pricing upward or downward? Imagine if they don't reduce the price and because of low sales they take it of assembly - who will be at loss? Can anyone cite a example where consumer would have paid to manufacturer when he has revised prices upwards after delivery? Do we go and pay to real estate developer if prices go up after our booking in a month or two? I won't buy your products because you reduce your prices is so childish. I bet if they make something VFM and you need it and don't buy it, it's your loss and not theirs. Others would be willing to wait in queue for that product. If you feel product is not worth what you paid for its you who is at fault and not the company.
For such business practices they should expect backlash from the existing customers and prep themselves for wasting their time responding to it. Because as a customer who wasted close to 3 lakhs in 5 months wasting 10 to 20 minutes of my time emailing maruti suzuki is nothing. There are a lot of jimny buyers who feel the same. Many have written to maruti suzuki and many will write to them. For the forum members who prefer not reading it they can always scroll down skip reading the post and not respond to it.

Because price revision for a new model is almost always higher and never lower and never ever in 5 months from launch. The prices always go up be it real estate/automobiles or anything else. It is a given. No one expects to book a new vehicle today and expect it to buy it at a lower price next month. I think your post belongs in the opinions thread because essentially thats what it is "your opinion on how a jimny owner should/should not react, accept it and get on with their lives". You are welcome to abide with your opinion, I don't agree with that.

Then the matter of loss. If a brand loses a customer it is their loss as much as it could be mine. This is not the era of PAL/HM. But with MS/NEXA I couldn't care less because unfortunately for the brand MS/NEXA some of the models I like are sold by Toyota. I bought a Glanza in 2022 instead of Baleno, which I eventually sold for Jimny. Same vehicles but better brand and better sales/service experience at Toyota (the difference here is massive per my experience). For strong hybrids sold by Toyota/NEXA it would be always Toyota for me to buy from. Then there are the Korean twins Hyundai/KIA for class leading features/designs and better interior fit/finish/quality. The Tata for anything electric in this segment. The Mahindra if I want a larger than Jimny 4x4 at reasonable prices. So what is my loss then?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th January 2024 at 16:37. Reason: Civility please. Thank you.
Sankar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 12:12   #2760
BHPian

Quote:
I have been wanting to write to Maruti regarding this from some time and did that early this week.
When it was ₹18L, you were infact okay with the price, which is why you bought it at that price.

But apparently, others in the country weren't okay with the price (as reflected in the sales numbers), which is perhaps why they decreased the price.

Quote:
lesser idiots than the people running the show at Maruti who could not price the product correctly
It doesn't help you calling anybody an idiot. Pricing isn't an exact science. Sometimes prices get decreased with the hope that sales would increase. Maybe they genuinely thought sales would remain consistently high with the price they launched it at; you can't call them idiots for that.

Let me ask you, if on the other hand the price of the car was increased by, say ₹2L, after you purchased the car would you rush to Maruti Suzuki to pay them the increased price?
voldemort is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks