Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2024, 20:58   #2701
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
A great start to the new year indeed Got my Jimny Alpha AT. Basic modding has started
Your Jimny looks awesome @ROG_AK !
Badass tyres
rhsakarp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 21:04   #2702
BHPian

Just got the first service done. Got the grill dechromed. Fixed few functional in cabin storage accessories, ordered on Amazon UAE and hand carried from there.
1. Around the gear console storage
2. Front door inside handle recess storage
3. Above speedo tray unit

Not too sure about the utility and safety of item 3... On the fence... Might just remove it altogether. 1 and 2 are super useful.

Folks in Bangalore, anyone did any off roading? How about meeting up and going off road ?

Maruti Jimny Review-20240106_074944.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20240106_073700.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20240106_073136.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20240106_073434.jpg
rhsakarp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 21:21   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Got my Jimny few hours back, Alpha AT.

Finally joined the club.

Attachment 2554014
Congratulations 👏 @HappyWheels !
Welcome to the club 😁
rhsakarp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 10:37   #2704
BHPian

I have now changed the tyres to Yoko A/Ts, ride is super comfy at 28 psi.

I have also put in front LED indicators which came with their own resistors hence blinking rate was perfect.

Now here is the concern. I also put in plug and play type rear LED taillights. After putting, the indicators are hyperflashing. Note when i switch on the hazard switch its all good. I have tried finding if there is a dedicated indicator flasher relay however found out there isnt a dedicated one. Please can someone let me know how to correct this hyperflashing? Do i put in new resistors at the rear?
Old 7th January 2024, 11:00   #2705
BANNED

Got a ladder installed and those roof leds, ordered a keychain from Amazon, they sent me this cute sticker. On the top left
Maruti Jimny Review-3de00587e7424abab2d03036060096cf.jpeg
vinayak_90 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 11:05   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Redtiger T27 mirror dashcam. Much needed since the OEM camera is really bad
How did you mount the dashcam to rear view mirror? Was original mirror removed and new dashcam friendly bracket screwed or is it over factory mirror? My dashcam rattles over uneven roads and it is bothersome
Old 7th January 2024, 16:44   #2707

Happy Member of Jimny Club

Finally after drooling over the 3 door Jimny, cursing Pakistan for having Jimny before India, excited after Jimny India launch confirmation and sad over its initial pricing, the Gods above and decision-makers at MS had some mercy over people like and brought out the price-drop/year end discount. The discount made me think whether i should buy or not? My ex-boss was constantly pushing me to buy the Jimny , since a few of his friends too bought the Jimny after price drop. He has been long saying that we will go for a snow drive in my Jimny when it snows this winter in Shimla. So after a long wait and dilly-dallying, i finally paid a visit to Nexa showroom in Shimla and finalised the Zeta MT. Jimny (Nexa Blue-MT) was delivered on 26th Dec and took a small night ride with my spouse and brother for fuelling up. Finally got the chance to take it to my hometown a few days later and here are some of my observations of the Jimny after about 800 Km of driving
  • Coming from a 2016 Alto K10, Jimny is spacious , comfortable, and easy to drive. I’m enjoying the drive.
  • Being a compact SUV, not much of an hassle in driving around Shimla where space is always a constraint
  • Turning radius is large but if you plan well, you can manoeuvre it quite easily. In my hometown I did the same turns in single go in Jimny as I used to do in Alto K10. You need to consciously plan your turn and go about it.
  • The ride over potholes is comfortable as compared to Alto and Sonet, but over speed bumps at slightly higher speeds the rear ends feels like it swerves a little bit
  • I got a fuel efficiency of 15.6 KMPL for tank to tank fuelling for the Shimla-Bilaspur-Keylong-Kullu stretch. During the stretch from Shimla to Bilaspur I got fuel efficiency of 20 KMPL (mostly downhill) but for Kullu to Keylong stretch I got fuel efficiency of 11.5 KMPL
  • Engine is powerful as compared to Alto K10, as I could take uphill turns even in 3rd gear till Manali. After Manali, I had to do similar turns in either 2nd or 1st gear. At high altitude it did struggle a bit during overtaking. But between Shimla-Kullu didn’t face any such issue as I usually avoid quick overtaking.
  • My colleague finds the rear seat comfortable (city rides only) as the seats are upright and big windows doesn’t make him feel claustrophobic like the ones of I20 do.
  • Lastly everyone near my office talks about the Jimny whenever I take it to office. Yesterday one of my colleagues driver brought his other driver friend to show the Jimny inside out.
  • Jimny surely brings out the smile in everyone who is in its presence.
Overall quite happy with the decision of becoming a Jimny owner.
Now waiting for snowfall in Shimla to try out snow driving with my Ex-boss and colleagues.
God please let it snow this year
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20240107-15.18.15.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20240107-16.40.03.jpeg  

chheringpal is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 17:29   #2708

Got the Jimny. On road price was 12.75 for Alpha Manual White. Probably the last Jimny of the above mentioned make available in Doaba region at the discounted price. Got the accessories as well for free but didn't apply all of them.
Happy with the purchase so far. Changed the tyres to Yokohama Geolander 215/75/R15 AT without the white lettering as those are heavier and have a more agressive pattern. Thoughts so far that I havent seen mentioned frequently

1. Touchscreen is super responsive.
2. Idle RPM is 700 in neutral. On switching to 1st gear I need to rev up a little extra before letting the clutch go. Car stopped 2-3 times because I am not used to this. Not the case with my Duster and Scorpio.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20240107_164236151.jpg  

solamarpreet is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 18:17   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
A great start to the new year indeed Got my Jimny Alpha AT. Basic modding has started
Heartiest congratulations ROG_AK on your new Jimny and here's wishing you years of adventures, memories and hassle free ownership. Does the Scorpio-N stay or go?
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 19:24   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solamarpreet View Post
Got the Jimny. On road price was 12.75 for Alpha Manual White. Probably the last Jimny of the above mentioned make available in Doaba region at the discounted price. Got the accessories as well for free but didn't apply all of them.
Happy with the purchase so far. Changed the tyres to Yokohama Geolander 215/75/R15 AT without the white lettering as those are heavier and have a more agressive pattern. Thoughts so far that I havent seen mentioned frequently

1. Touchscreen is super responsive.
2. Idle RPM is 700 in neutral. On switching to 1st gear I need to rev up a little extra before letting the clutch go. Car stopped 2-3 times because I am not used to this. Not the case with my Duster and Scorpio.
Is 12.75, the On road price you got for the Alpha MT
master uio is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 19:45   #2711

Quote:
Originally Posted by master uio View Post
Is 12.75, the On road price you got for the Alpha MT
Yes. I started talks with the dealer around 29th Dec. My younger brother negotiated hard with them. This I believe was the last car available in the Doab area of Punjab for my required specification. I then transferred a token amount on the same day to punch in the booking. Took delivery on 3rd Jan.
solamarpreet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 23:53   #2712

Looking for a Zeta MT in Delhi, A dealer just quoted me 14.14
Old 8th January 2024, 01:07   #2713
BHPian

Took Jimny for off-road today. With first 50 km we’re on Highway followed by rocky terrain. Here are few key observations.

- Car performs well on Highway but feels unstable over 90 kmph. Need to get Alignment checked and tyre pressure which I kept at 28.
- You just don’t feel potholes if 4*4 is engaged. Same potholes in 4*2 are felt.
- Rocks or Sand Jimny performed like a beast. Car was super stable on all terrains specially on rocks.
- Car has enough power to do uphill in rocky terrain. It climbed rocky terrain without any hassles.

Here are few pics of today’s drive.

Maruti Jimny Review-2f68dba8fa3947018d468555ac9ee7ef.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4720.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4714.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4715.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4699.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-8c03e76a1988403eaf8d44233db1d4e8.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-cc8500347a3645b88e528e30d81c7e4d.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-06a7c939deb847378d932bd147e0ecda.jpeg
Manuggn is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 10:16   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Heartiest congratulations ROG_AK on your new Jimny and here's wishing you years of adventures, memories and hassle free ownership. Does the Scorpio-N stay or go?
Thank you The SN stays. The Jimny will be offroad focused while the SN more for adventure touring. I don't think I would be able to do very long distances with the Jimny after something like the SN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
How did you mount the dashcam to rear view mirror? Was original mirror removed and new dashcam friendly bracket screwed or is it over factory mirror? My dashcam rattles over uneven roads and it is bothersome
It's fitted over the factory mirror for now. I'll see how it goes and if need be will make a custom mount for it.
ROG_AK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 14:51   #2715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I have upgraded to Osram 5OW LED 4200 K for the head lights and GTR Leo FOG Light projector bi Led for the fog lamp.
Can you share the details of this fog lamp? Does Zeta have wiring for Fog lamps or what changes it required to support these fog lamps?
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed