Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2023, 23:09   #2671
BHPian

The Charge Of The Jimny Brigade !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

The tale of the Jimny twins

Come December and this huge discount came into the picture, and I casually gave an ad for my Duster AWD. I got a good deal within 10 days, and I let the Duster go.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5680225 (Renault Duster AWD : An owner's point of view)

Both of us booked the Jimnys in 1st week of December.

When two Bhpians take delivery of two same cars at the same time from the same showroom, it got to be a mini Team-Bhp meet!

Thanks to Bhpian Arindam_Xeta, SouraC, BODHI25, Mountain_deep & DogNDamsel12 for coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho9000 View Post
I recently became the owner of a Jimny Zeta MT. Got delivery 23.12.2023. Have done almost 900kms in the past 5days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackofsome View Post
I finally bit the bullet. The icon is home. More deets when i rack in some kms!
Attachment 2551659
Congrats to all of you on getting your new rides

Really sad to know the Iconic Duster AWD is no longer a part of this team, hope the new owner takes good care of it.

Very happy for tacho9000 on getting his dream ride and silencing so many critics on the process

2024 is already a year of Jimnys. The most prolific TL creators on forum are now going fill all threads with beautiful Jimny pictures !
Samfromindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 23:27   #2672
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
An update - Finally a visit from the factory people led to the sensor reset and corrected alignment...
From which Nexa Service centre in Pune did you get this done? I also feel a slightly off centered steering and little pull on the left side. So, going back to the same service center would be better, since, they would be aware of the exact issue and the procedure to fix it.

Tia,
-BJ
bj96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 12:46   #2673
RDS
BHPian

I know this could have been posted in Accidents thread but posting here for the benefit of Jimny owners.

It seems Maruti has used really good metal sheet as compared to other cars and the safety seems to be good.

The Scorpio hit from back and Jimny took the impact really well.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/maru...h6FbEwYSVQBTpZ

Someone commented as fake but then the owner put a video in comments as well however not able to share that due to unavailability of link.
RDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 16:07   #2674
BHPian

Finally after a lot of yes-no-yes / need vs want debate, went ahead. With the final pricing a Yes was not that difficult . At least the sales rep at this dealership sensed this right.

Delivery Date : 31 Dec 2023
Dealership : Nexa Rewari
Variant : Zeta AT Grey

Since the pricing and then discounts figure have a lot of froth I will straightaway move to final figure.

12.21L on road with lifetime tax(HR) without Thunder kit and all insurance riders included. Plus 5k worth of accessories free.

More than the car this task of choosing the free accessories was even more daunting for me. I never liked any of their accessories, even pushed for cash discount rather than Thunder kit. Finally I came up with some basic items like mud flaps, rain visor, perfumes and Micro fibres. Didn't install them at the dealership as I was taken aback by the sheer number of deliveries they had planned on 31st. Didn't want to expose the car to a staff already working overtime. This is my first car in a darker shade.

Maruti Jimny Review-pxl_20231231_104729042.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-pxl_20231231_104421765.mp.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-pxl_20231225_100513333.jpg

My experience with GFX mats has been great, will be getting those asap.
In case anybody is interested all the ATs are gone now, only few Alpha MT are there with this dealer.

During my drive from Rewari to Noida I saw these numbers. I know these won't last, but not bad for first day
Maruti Jimny Review-pxl_20231231_130117693.jpg

Last edited by ChauhanSaurabh : 1st January 2024 at 16:24.
ChauhanSaurabh is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 18:52   #2675
RDS
BHPian

Re: Jimny Speaker Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Stock jimny speakers are about 5 inch in diameter and speaker upgrade was amongst the top priorities and thats been done. Plug n play, no cutting, no splicing. Speakers 6 inch are Pioneer TSC1630S-II components.
I am searching for coaxial (or other) speakers custom fit for Jimny but no luck.
Eventually found your post - from where did you get these? Please suggest whether there is someone providing these online in India.

Thanks..
Old 1st January 2024, 23:44   #2676
BHPian

The "official" version is that it is not a price-cut but just a End Of Year Discount as the stock has piled up and the car will be back to its old pricing for the 2024 models.

https://www.financialexpress.com/aut...count/3352541/

Watch the embedded video on the webpage at around the 11:05 mark

Last edited by rahul4321 : 1st January 2024 at 23:56.
rahul4321 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 12:34   #2677
BHPian

Hello BHPians- Can someone confirm if the spare wheel in the Alpha AT model is a Steel wheel or an Alloy please? Thank you!
Caadmara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 17:00   #2678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caadmara View Post
Hello BHPians- Can someone confirm if the spare wheel in the Alpha AT model is a Steel wheel or an Alloy please? Thank you!
The Alpha AT model has alloys. It is one of the differentiator between the Zeta, which has steel wheels and the Alpha, which has alloys.

Regards,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 20:19   #2679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caadmara View Post
The spare in alpha is an alloy
starter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 00:37   #2680
BHPian

Re: Jimny Speaker Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
I am searching for coaxial (or other) speakers custom fit for Jimny but no luck.
Eventually found your post - from where did you get these? Please suggest whether there is someone providing these online in India.

Thanks..
I got 5 inch Morel speakers from Gurgaon. They fit perfectly in Jimny. I got it from Batra Car Care it’s in sector 14 auto market Gurgaon.
Manuggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 00:43   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
It seems higher octane petrol is having benefits for K15B engine. I read somewhere else as well that good efficiency gains have been reported by using Power fuels.

I am also interested in underbody protection for 2 reasons:
1) Protection from Stones etc.
2) Better Aerodynamics helps handling.

What amount of work was required for adding the protection - was it a direct fit or they had to drill holes and all?
There was no drilling required. It took 30 minutes to install the same and it was screwed with the frame.
Manuggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 10:44   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepega View Post
Thank you for the confirmation regarding this issue. Was it like this YouTube video that was shared earlier? Where the steering has to be turned in the opposite direction of the way it's leaning and then reset the sensor?
Hi, Happy New Year!

Unfortunately I wasn't around when the work happened. However, the response I got was that Suzuki diagnostic tool was used to check the steering angle position and it was maintained at 0 degree. Hope this helps.
IB290 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 19:41   #2683
BHPian

I was trying to pay an additional amount on top of 17.8 lakhs last July-August while I was on vacation in India to get hold of the vehicle. Even though I was willing to pay the premium (not because Jimny is worth for that amount), due to the high demand, nobody could get me the vehicle then. In the end, that turned out positively at around a 1.85 lakhs discount; I finalized the deal for 15.95 lakhs for AT Alpha and, hopefully, will get the delivery next week. Good things take time !

I have seen few members changing the plugs to Iridium ones here but not able to search and find it from the thread. If anyone can point me to a link or contact number where I can source Iridium plugs in India that will be helpful.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 19:55   #2684
Senior - BHPian

Inspired by few of the bhpians, ordered few accessories from Amazon Japan while I was in Kolkata in 3rd week of December and same were received within four days of time! These include arm rest, storage console for gearbox, rear defogger cover, a good quality back seat organizer, cup holder, USB extension unit, extension for front four buttons (power windows, TCS etc). All items are of really good quality though I must say the aftermarket arm rest does interfere with the hand brake & gearing and needs some time to get adjusted.

Maruti Jimny Review-a1.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-a2.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-a3.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-a4.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-a5.jpg

The Jimny clocked only around 300 km+ by this time and was still in the initial phase of understanding. Now we were having some plans for a trip to Arunachal in the last week of December & at the last moment decided to take the Jimny for the same to explore the vehicle beyond the day to day drives. We ended up going a bit far actually (thanks to detailed guidance by bhpian Gunin & Hirohito), crossing Namdapha NP, through the famed 'MV road' onto Vijaynagar, probably the easternmost frontier of the country, reachable through a 'motorable' road (still not officially declared), with few 4wd sections post rain! The result was a 3000 km roundtrip in a span of seven days over highways, dirt tracks & few offroad sections with me, wife & our daughter of 13 years on board. A detailed travelogue on the cards someday once I manage some time.

Maruti Jimny Review-img20231228154442.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img20231229062104.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img20231229114032.jpg

Salient points:
1. I never had so much joy by driving a vehicle on an extended trail/ dirt track covering close to 330 km in two days, total time being around 15 hours.
2. The Isuzu perception was naturally at back of our mind since we have been used to travelling in the Vcross in last 6-7 years. So on highways, initially it felt a bit ‘insecure’ to travel in the Jimny, but that feeling slowly vanished after initial 2-3 days once we came to terms with the dimension of the vehicle.
3. Me & Wife spent quite a good no of hours on back seat. With a marginal difference in under thigh support, things were really not that bad as we thought it to be. However upon encountering a sudden undulation at a speed above 30 or so, the jerking at rear is felt significantly. Due to narrower dimension, our daughter had some difficulty while taking occasional naps in rear seat, the rear arm rest was also missed.
4. We maintained a sub-2500 rpm range till 1000 km and upped the rpm a bit more beyond that. Till around 60, the response of the Jimny is more or less at par with other vehicles. Post 70, initially it felt very sluggish but then on the return journey somehow figured the way of maintaining a higher rpm band & this turned out to be encouraging. Hopefully the response will further improve once the engine opens up a bit more and with a heavy throttle. Will see after it crosses the 5000 km mark which shouldn't be too far since the odo is around 3500 km within 18 days of ownership! As rightly said by many owners, the driving style does need some good amount of changes to adapt with this vehicle in order to ensure optimum power delivery.
5. We hardly cross speed of 90 in the highways even in our Vcross, so restricted till 80 in the Jimny with some very short bursts of 90/100 in few of the sections. While in straight flat highways the Jimny maintained a subdued pace, the game changed drastically at the bad or under construction sections of NH 27 & 15 and the State Highways ; while all the ‘big brothers’ slowed down, the Jimny simply glided past the obstructions in no time. But be prepared to be bullied occasionally by the sedans, cross overs even spirited hatchbacks on the smoother long sections of the roads.
6. I was bit apprehensive of the footwell area wearing a Quechua Waterproof trekking shoes, for driving such long distances, but it didn't pose any issue. Oh and the front passengers never had to rub their shoulders due to lack of space! In fact the Jimny feels much more spacious from inside compared to what it is perceived from outside.
7. Sharp turning & U turns need to be properly planned because of huge turning radius. The perceived ‘vagueness’ in the steering needs getting used to but nothing very significant. The right hand feels a bit fatigued in absence of a resting position in closed window condition. Rattling of the front windows in semi open condition is really irritating, mentioned the same during the 1st service at Jorhat, but nothing much could be done.
8. Being a hectic trip, we had regular journey of approx 10-14 hours in a day with 2-3 breaks. Overall fatigue level was marginally higher compared to what we used to experience in Vcross. But it is lesser compared to what we used to experience in our Alto & the Jeep in the earlier days of travel in the northern parts of the country.
9. In the trails, we got average of approx. 11-11.5 whereas on highways it was in range of 16+. I carried some spare petrol in a jerrycan in order to be prepared for some emergency in the Miao-Vijaynagar 330 km section but it was not at all required, only the leaking jerrycan made our drive a bit uncomfortable! Time to go for a petrol Proquip can as I have for the Vcross for diesel.
10. Stock headlights are pathetic and had a tough time on the highways, switching to 50W 4200K Osram H4 LEDs for now.
11. Having some underbody protection is of utmost importance if one plans to take the vehicle to offroad sections especially rocks & stones. Some items have been ordered and received, need to find some time to fix the same.
12. While the conventional accessories do address some of the internal storage related issues, in the long run a roof rack will be required for longer trips. However I must say, the boot capacity did surprise us as we could stack a decent no of baggage at the back.

Maruti Jimny Review-s1.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-s2.jpg

13. I have decided to stick to the stock tyres for now. Except a smaller footprint & aesthetics, these are more or less quite sufficient for the intended use. In our Vcross we switched to A/T tyres immediately after delivery (presently running on Maxxis 980) & in our erstwhile petrol Jeep, it was Maxxis Bighorn 31x10.5 MT.
14. Reaction of people on the road is quite joyful to watch, a separate post may be required to compile all the ‘comments’ & ‘critical observations’ by various sections of people.
15. The stock music system felt quite decent. In the long run may go for some good component speakers for the front.

Overall the first long trip in the Jimny, a bit stress test actually, to a place it is destined for, was a pleasant surprise. This vehicle is unique in its own terms with a core DNA of Gypsy, coupled with some modern amenities, 5 doors, usable boot space & apparently a reasonably good build quality unlike conventional Maruti cars.
Kandisa is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 23:13   #2685
sat
BHPian

High 'Driving Time' with low mileage odometer reading in showroom Jimny

I have noticed several Jimny's in Nexa showrooms with 'Driving Time' display showing 10-60 hours approx with odometer reading in double digit like 40-80km. How is this possible? One sales person did admit that the Jimny had been driven to another city showroom. Is the odometer cable disconnected by some car dealers during these drives?

My main concern would be there is no way 'run in' procedure for the new engines would be followed by limiting the speed and engine rpm for the first 1000 km.
sat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed