Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:50   #2611
HTC
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

The tale of the Jimny twins

I was eyeing the Jimny for a long time. There was no immediate plan to get the Jimny. I casually took few test drives and drove it off the road too. I liked the car.
Congrats to both of you !!

Being closer to Himalayas, I'm sure you will do justice to Jimny's capabilities. It's raining Jimnys in T-BHP. Mods- pls create a thread for Jimny pics by owners.

I too fell for the Jimny spell and the white little cute monster joined the pack( Figo+GV). Felt bad parking Figo and GV outside to make parking space free for Jimny. I started off with Zeta MT, and ended up buying Alpha AT( as wifey can use it, which makes me the secondary driver ).

Karnataka taxes are crazy. Final deal was 15.6L with no kit, no EW,No Maintance package etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-20231220_225311.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img20231221wa0005.jpg  

HTC is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 10:15   #2612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The tale of the Jimny twins

Congrats, Samba!

A repeat of this would have been the case with myself and another BHPian, in 12 days time, if not for the color choice. We are still picking on the same day, though, and hopefully meet up for a photo shoot that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
...Karnataka taxes are crazy. Final deal was 15.6L with no kit, no EW,No Maintance package etc.
Congrats HTC!

I got it for a higher price and with none of the mentioned adds on! Reckon my hesitation on pulling the plug for few days did me in.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 22nd December 2023 at 10:17.
HappyWheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 10:51   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
I too fell for the Jimny spell and the white little cute monster joined the pack( Figo+GV). Felt bad parking Figo and GV outside to make parking space free for Jimny. I started off with Zeta MT, and ended up buying Alpha AT( as wifey can use it, which makes me the secondary driver ).

Karnataka taxes are crazy. Final deal was 15.6L with no kit, no EW,No Maintance package etc.
Congratulations HTC,
The white looks cute and will age well being a neutral colour and easy to maintain.

Good choice that you went ahead with Alpha AT.
Alpha feels worth the price given it has many feel good features. And AT will surely help you in the long run since it can be used both in town and off-road.

Meanwhile,
Planning to retain Figo/GV or both?
Not opting for extended warranty? If not yet opted please consider buying one, to be on the safer side on the long run.

Wishing you many safe miles ahead.

Regards,
Chandan
DLC5005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 10:54   #2614
HTC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Con
Congrats HTC!

I got it for a higher price and with none of the mentioned adds on! Reckon my hesitation on pulling the plug for few days did me in.
CONGRATS @HappyWheels! Share pics of your Jimny .

Even I had booked Zeta AT at another dealer for 14.83L (14.5 excluding EW).Same day Nexa JP nagar guy called me and gave a final quote of 14.17L with no extras. Just basic things for registration. It was undercutting previous offer by 30k. Since I was in touch with the said sales guy since April 2022(for a S-Cross purchase then), he was able give the best discount. Then I did some analysis and decided to go for Alpha variant as the price difference of 1.4L would offer soo much from factory fitted components. Few things like cruise control, Auto AC and UV glass cant be fitted outside.

I will be keeping the car as stock as possible with only functional mods as needed.

Everyday I share the deals people are getting in NCR and Maharashtra to make him feel bad ��. Nonetheless, Nexa folks were highly professional and strictly followed process to make the purchase hassle free. I even did two PDIs at dealer yard. They were very cooperative throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Congratulations HTC,
The white looks cute and will age well being a neutral colour and easy to maintain.
Thanks !

Yes white is easy to maintain and safe aswell as it is more visible on highways during rain and night. All my cars have been white.

Quote:
Good choice that you went ahead with Alpha AT.
Alpha feels worth the price given it has many feel good features. And AT will surely help you in the long run since it can be used both in town and off-road.
True. Didn't feel the price difference exorbitant for the features added.
Quote:
Meanwhile,
Planning to retain Figo/GV or both?
Not opting for extended warranty? If not yet opted please consider buying one, to be on the safer side on the long run.

Wishing you many safe miles ahead.

Regards,
Chandan
Since this purchase was not planned and took the plunge mainly due to offers given, haven't dwelled into GV and Figo. GV is just 1 year old with me. Got the FC done, getting CC installed on it. Engine is a gem. Spacious and my kids love the space it offers. Want to do few long trips before I say good bye to it. Else will hand over to some one who wishes to take care of it well. Yet to decide.

Figo, brings a smile when ever I take it on highways. Single-handedly driven for 135k kms, it's handling is sublime. My trusted mech has promised to tune it( not wolf or code6) to make it responsive in lower RPMs. He readies rally cars and I'm inclined to give it a shot.

Parking is not an issue. Infact my neighbors are forcing me to keep atleast GV in the available empty parking spaces in basement. I'm yet to decide on that. We have street dogs which are cared by apartment pet lovers which are always around the car which reduces rat menace upto some extent.

Mod Note : CC = cruise control, please do not use non-standard acronyms.

Also, please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th December 2023 at 08:09. Reason: Mod note attached.
HTC is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 11:57   #2615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Few things like CC, Auto AC and UV glass cant be fitted outside.

I will be keeping the car as stock as possible with only functional mods as needed...
Same thought; CC and UV glass are the must haves for me. The lamp washer, fog lamps, rims and such are nice to have but not must.

Quote:
...Yes white is easy to maintain and safe aswell as it is more visible on highways during rain and night. All my cars have been white...
I wanted to go white, but got pushed back by family. Hyryder is white, so no more they said. Tried for Nexa blue, but ended up with Red with black top.

Quote:
...Didn't feel the price difference exorbitant for the features added.

Since this purchase was not planned and took the plunge mainly due to offers given... GV is just 1 year old with me...
+1 to all above, price vs feature; buying as now I see value ; keeping the Hyryder as it is just a year now.

But had let go of the Safari, though, after 14 years, day before yesterday, to a friend of mine. It is now going to chug along on the mountain tracks of Idukki.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:03   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
Sharing image of jimny with blacked out front grill for reference of others.
Definitely a super job there - looks so much better.

Could please share the process of removing the grill, etc.
Did you remove the chrome parts to rub and paint them or did you just remove the grill and do the whole thing together?

Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 19:05   #2617
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats to both of you !!

Being closer to Himalayas, I'm sure you will do justice to Jimny's capabilities. It's raining Jimnys in T-BHP. Mods- pls create a thread for Jimny pics by owners.

Congratulations on your new car! The white color truly enhances its appeal, and opting for the Alpha AT variant over Zeta was a smart decision. The KA09 number is a nice touch that caught my attention. Enjoy your rides ahead!🚗
RaviGowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 23:23   #2618
BHPian

Saw this Jimny on Instagram. Love what he has done on grill. It looks like he has dechromed the bumper and painted it in white and glossy black.

Maruti Jimny Review-0a8cf7f18b6b446e9df23a6d3f5f2fac.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-da64f79c03234d4f961e5400fd8769d8.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-348c37be5d14439d9bb55634c0d0d25b.jpeg
Manuggn is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 23:40   #2619
BHPian

Today I got my car first service done. Here are my few observations after 1000km.

Pros -
- Good Suspension
- Great ride on highways
- front seats are comfortable ( have ridden 150 km in single go)
- Really good player with Wireless CarPlay.
- FE of 13 in city traffic.

Cons-
- Engine is noisy (Need Damping for better insulation)
- Rear seats are not very comfortable.
- Automatic gearbox would have been amazing if it was a 5 or 6 speed. 4 speed is not great.
- Ride is bouncy.

Overall happy with the purchase and getting used to the car.

Here are few pics after first service and ceramic coating.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_2160.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_2163.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_2167.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_2162.jpeg
Manuggn is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 00:37   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
[b][u][h3][u]

The final deal we got for the
Congratulations Samba and Arghya. Hope the two of you get to thoroghly this addition to the toolset. Color looks great and with the discounted price, compelling value too.
megazoid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 05:46   #2621
BHPian

Many congratulations Samba ! Expecting the Jimny will soon be put into 4x4 gear and we will get to hear about its conquests !
Mile_Breaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 09:53   #2622
BHPian

Today my perception completely changed for Jimny. Had first off road session and oh my god this car is a gem. What a drive and what comfort on sand and on hills. Maruti Jimny Review-img_4546.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4545.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4538.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4539.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4552.jpeg
Manuggn is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 16:05   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuggn View Post
Saw this Jimny on Instagram. Love what he has done on grill. It looks like he has dechromed the bumper and painted it in white and glossy black.
This seems to be inspired from Twisted mod.

https://www.twistedautomotive.com/jimny/

Where did you exchanged the 235 70R15. Any decent buyback. Is it touching anywhere during articulation in offroad?
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:52   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh View Post
This seems to be inspired from Twisted mod.

https://www.twistedautomotive.com/jimny/

Where did you exchanged the 235 70R15. Any decent buyback. Is it touching anywhere during articulation in offroad?
Got is exchanged from sector 14 Gurgaon. There is shop next to Karim’s. Got 2500 per tyre for old ones.
Old 23rd December 2023, 19:15   #2625
BHPian

Rumors suggest that Jimny sales for December may reach anywhere between 4000 to 5000 units. The question remains: will MSIL decide to retain the Jimny in India at its adjusted price?

Alternatively, as suggested by some Nexa associates, will they discontinue the product for direct purchase and offer it solely through made-to-order sales?

Most Viewed