Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2023, 20:53   #2596
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Hi guys, i have a question. My Jimny which i purchased 2 weeks ago is either playing tricks on me OR there is a feature I am unaware about.

4 days ago, I was on a short night drive and got a phone call where I needed to check my emails on my phone. So i coasted to a stop at the side of the road the car and the car switched off automatically as it does at a red light.

Approximately 5 minuites later, the car started up on its own. I thought i may have touched the clutch pedal accidentally so it may have started up and didnt give it much further thought.

The same thing happened today too but this time my foot was nowhere near the clutch pedal.

Is this a feature in all Jimmy's or a defect in my Jimny?

Last edited by rahul4321 : 20th December 2023 at 21:01.
Old 20th December 2023, 20:58   #2597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post

Approximately 5 minuites later, the car started up on its own....
The brake booster has a vacuum sensor which is linked to the start stop system, so when you stop and the engine is off for a long time, the vacuum runs out and the engine starts again.
fiat_tarun is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 21:18   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, i have a question.
You are experiencing the auto start stop system. You have the option of manually turning it off from a button on the right side of the steering, near the side view mirror adjusting buttons
prashant316 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 23:44   #2599
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, i have a question. My Jimny which i purchased 2 weeks ago is either playing tricks on me OR there is a feature I am unaware about.

4 days ago, I was on a short night drive and got a phone call where I needed to check my emails on my phone. So i coasted to a stop at the side of the road the car and the car switched off automatically as it does at a red light.

Approximately 5 minuites later, the car started up on its own. I thought i may have touched the clutch pedal accidentally so it may have started up and didnt give it much further thought.

The same thing happened today too but this time my foot was nowhere near the clutch pedal.

When the battery level drops while the engine is off due to start stop function, the engine starts again to charge the battery as the ac and music remains on while the engine is off. Also if your ac setting is on comfort, engine comes back on to maintain the cabin temperature
shivmarwaha is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 09:36   #2600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The deal was icing on the cake and before I could pragmatically think if I needed this car, the Jimny was home!
Precisely the reason I haven't gone to a showroom to "just check it out" especially after the price cut.
Also the reason why I have been taking measurements of the garage to see if it can "fit comfortably" as its narrow with small doors

Congratulations on the awesome purchase, I can almost feel the excitement. Your garage is leveling up in dimensions now.

Feel free to drop in for chai-coffee anytime you're around 3M, maybe the Jimny will fit right in

Last edited by shancz : 21st December 2023 at 09:42. Reason: Formatting
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 15:13   #2601
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Took delivery of a Bluish Black Zeta MT last week. This turned out to be an entirely unforeseen purchase where TD to delivery happened in less than 24 hours!
Shashi
Congratulations Shashi! I am a big fan of your XL6 thread and I am sure you will a similarly good one for the Jimny. Can't wait for your amazing lighting mods on this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
! The stock steel wheels of the Zeta is wonderful, the stock headlights although need to be replaced at the earliest. Gear shift quality is top-'notchy' More will be shared as I get to spend a bit more time with the Zuk. One pic on the next morning after the delivery.
Congratulations, your garage is an offroader's dream. One of our neighbors got the exact same model and is already on a tour to his village. You don't need to spend big on the headlights, just get a quality 100w bulb with a relay wiring kit and you're good. This is what my neighbor did and is satisfied now. The stock bulbs are WEAK. For a 10/10 setup, you can always add the good old M617 projectors. The whole setup will cost you under 10k.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st December 2023 at 15:21. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 19:46   #2602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
Congratulations, your garage is an offroader's dream. One of our neighbors got the exact same model and is already on a tour to his village. You don't need to spend big on the headlights, just get a quality 100w bulb with a relay wiring kit and you're good. This is what my neighbor did and is satisfied now. The stock bulbs are WEAK. For a 10/10 setup, you can always add the good old M617 projectors. The whole setup will cost you under 10k.
Thank you. Actually I am not really an offroader in the true sense of its term, just have a habit of traveling through some of the not-so-known destinations where 4WD is required probably in few occasions, but is a life saver since we travel alone. The Jimny shouldn't be termed as an 'ideal' replacement of Alto but as I mentioned at the present price proposition it was too tempting especially since I never had a chance to own a Gypsy before. Thanks for the advice on the headlight; yes either a better 55/60 w halogen or a 100W with relay wiring kit could solve the purpose for now.
Old 21st December 2023, 22:37   #2603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
either a better 55/60 w halogen or a 100W with relay wiring kit could solve the purpose for now.
Not an expert on this topic but higher wattage bulb may damage the reflector and front portion of headlamp as its plastic in most of the cars,
I have 130/100 with relay in my Thar because Thar has glass front portion and its pretty inexpensive to replace the entire assembly in case it goes bad.
Old 21st December 2023, 22:52   #2604
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yadavsid21 View Post
Not an expert on this topic but higher wattage bulb may damage the reflector and front portion of headlamp as its plastic in most of the cars,
I have 130/100 with relay in my Thar because Thar has glass front portion and its pretty inexpensive to replace the entire assembly in case it goes bad.
I have been using 100/90w bulbs for years in different vehicles, no reflector damage as of now. Also, I am sure that Jimny's headlights won't be expensive either.
Old 21st December 2023, 23:12   #2605
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Chanced upon this good comparo video.
3 door vs 5 door Jimny.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 01:59   #2606
Distinguished - BHPian

The tale of the Jimny twins

Maruti Jimny Review-img_8614.jpg

I was eyeing the Jimny for a long time. There was no immediate plan to get the Jimny. I casually took few test drives and drove it off the road too. I liked the car.

My Bhpian friend (Teambhp handle- arghyaheart) was also interested on the Jimny. His daily drive was a 2020 Ford Freestyle Tdci.

Come December and this huge discount came into the picture, and I casually gave an ad for my Duster AWD. I got a good deal within 10 days, and I let the Duster go.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5680225 (Renault Duster AWD : An owner's point of view)

Along with me, Arghya also gave an ad for his Freestyle, and he managed to sell his car for a good deal too.

Both of us booked the Jimnys in 1st week of December.

The final deal we got for the Alpha MT was for Rs 14.42L on road.
This includes-

Life time road tax.
Insurance with RTI.
2 years ccp.
5 years extended warranty.
The Thunder Kit accessories.

Choosing the color was difficult. At first I booked the Kinetic Yellow, then the Nexa blue, and finally I settled with the Bluish Black.
Arghya was confused between the red and bluish black, later he settled for the bluish black too.

On the day of the PDI.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_8505.jpg

The delivery day.

When two Bhpians take delivery of two same cars at the same time from the same showroom, it got to be a mini Team-Bhp meet!
Thanks to Bhpian Arindam_Xeta, SouraC, BODHI25, Mountain_deep & DogNDamsel12 for coming.

My car getting cleaned before the delivery.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_8588.jpg

Arghya's Jimny

Maruti Jimny Review-img_8254.jpg

Mine

Maruti Jimny Review-img_8606.jpg

My Jimny parked alongside Bhpian DogNDamsel12's Polo.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_8611.jpg

The first fueling!

Maruti Jimny Review-img_8616.jpg

Bringing down the air pressure from 36 psi to 26 psi!

Maruti Jimny Review-img_8617.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 22nd December 2023 at 02:21.
Samba is offline   (96) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 06:23   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post

Hey Samba, congratulations for joining the Jimny club.
Very interesting to see that you've retained the Etios (your 5 star ownership thread because of which I bought my Etios in 2016).

Look forward to your ownership review of the Jimny.

I bit the bullet and bought a White Zeta AT soon after it was launched - still biting my lip on those super discounts being offered.

All the best with the new darling.
dileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:10   #2608
BHPian

Quote:
When two Bhpians take delivery of two same cars at the same time from the same showroom, it got to be a mini Team-Bhp meet!
Congratulations, Samba and Arghya! It’s great to see the increasing number of Jimnys on this forum. Bluish Black looks stunning. That was my original choice too, but the good thing is all the dark shades of the Jimny look grey once you take them out of the city.

———-

I came across this video of a Jimny reaching Sandakphu from the Nepal side. As I’ve mentioned before, with patience and skills, you can take this car anywhere and come back safely and reliably.

Biraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:15   #2609
BHPian

Quote:
I was eyeing the Jimny for a long time. There was no immediate plan to get the Jimny. I casually took few test drives and drove it off the road too. I liked the car.

Along with me, Arghya also gave an ad for his Freestyle, and he managed to sell his car for a good deal too.

Both of us booked the Jimnys in 1st week of December.

The final deal we got for the Alpha MT was for Rs 14.42L on road.
Hi Samba sir,
Congratulations on your new Jimny.

I am sure it will be a worthy replacement to your duster(obviously with the exception of space and magic carpet ride), knowing how good you maintain and use the vehicle to it's strength.

Any specific reason you opted for MT against AT?

Wishing you happy ownership.

Regards,
Chandan
DLC5005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:33   #2610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Samba! Wish you many miles of happy "Jimny-ing!"
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks