Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2023, 17:29   #2581
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwaschettri View Post
One can will suffice for all chrome parts though I recommend doing the entire grill in matt black. It looks better that way.
Sharing image of jimny with blacked out front grill for reference of others.

LOOKS SMASHING!

Cheers

Maruti Jimny Review-img20231219wa00011.jpg
vishwaschettri is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 18:41   #2582
BANNED

Finally, after a lot of test drives (AT and Manual) and review reading; decided to wait for the next iteration of Jimny.Hope it comes with a better engine, better sound deadening and better gear box.I was sure about not choosing the automatic and seriously considered the manual, but the need for constant gear changes and the ever present engine drone really put me off.No offences to the jimny owners here, but I understood that you cannot just go in to a showroom and pick the jimny and drive happily. You really need to love the legacy of the brand jimny to forgive its shortcomings as a daily driver.So as of now just waiting and enjoying my present ride (Ecosport Ecoboost and Freestyle petrol).Happy motoring existing Jimny owners and hope I will join you all with the next gen Jimny.
Merry Christmas
Happy New Year
arunedwin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 19:31   #2583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
In a rapid development within a span of three days, we happened to finalize a Bluish Black Zeta MT and take the delivery on a day which was one of the most chaotic at my workplace!
=====
One pic on the next morning after the delivery.
Do they still have enough inventories in Noida dealerships to be able to bargain a 4 lakh discount on Zeta MT in the last week of December ?

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th December 2023 at 19:34.
Ajay Sengupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 20:12   #2584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay Sengupta View Post
Do they still have enough inventories in Noida dealerships to be able to bargain a 4 lakh discount on Zeta MT in the last week of December ?
Actually I have temporarily shifted to West Bengal, midway between Siliguri & Kolkata for last few years (should have updated the location). The nearest NEXA dealership, which is not a big one compared to the metro cities, had 1 Zeta and Two Alpha MT in stock. I gave them a ball park figure around which a deal was feasible for me. The sales executives went a long way including talking to the Maruti Territorial Sales Manager to push as far as possible on dealership discount. At the end the quote given was couple of thousands cheaper compared to both dealers in Kolkata. The final total discount figure was in the range of approx 3 Lakhs after I confirmed my willingness to put the deal through at the earliest. Also I had the option of putting the Alto for immediate exchange.
Kandisa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 21:21   #2585
Distinguished - BHPian

Took delivery of a Bluish Black Zeta MT last week. This turned out to be an entirely unforeseen purchase where TD to delivery happened in less than 24 hours!

A friend was eyeing a Jimny after recent price cuts, and that's when I accompanied him for a quick TD and the old Gypsy love got ignited within me. This was a perfect reincarnation of the old King, and was easier to live with. The deal was icing on the cake and before I could pragmatically think if I needed this car, the Jimny was home!

Some pics:

Maruti Jimny Review-20231213_131541.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20231213_132544.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20231213_132758.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20231214_100607.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20231214_100612.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20231214_121554.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-20231214_130126.jpg

A sweet truck driver from Punjab came running to check out the car and was all smiles after inspection:

Maruti Jimny Review-20231214_123224.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (121) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 21:29   #2586
BHPian

Great! Wish you lakhs of smiles with this keeper of a car. This and the xl6 would make a perfect garage. What mods are in the pipeline?
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 21:38   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Took delivery of a Bluish Black Zeta MT last week.
Congratulations Shashi! Wishing you many happy (s)miles!

Can't wait to see it in party mode along with the XL6, GG and Priya.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 21:56   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of a Bluish Black Zeta MT last week.
When I saw you WhatsApp text, I thought it is a thorough review by you, but this made my face go - . Many many congratulations Shashi bhaiya, now bring it to Gurgaon so we can have some fun in and around town on a chilly saturday morning
pritanshchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 22:00   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of a Bluish Black Zeta MT last week. This turned out to be an entirely unforeseen purchase where TD to delivery happened in less than 24 hours!
Wow, congrats Sir.
Looking forward for your ownership thread.

Knowing how well you go with maintaining and DIYs of your vehicles, your ownership thread will surely be beneficial to fellow Jimny owners.

Meanwhile, what's your quick opinion on the Jimny?
And any specific reason to go with MT instead of AT?
I am also in the similar situation, started negotiating for a friend of mine, but more than him I am the one who's getting more tempted to buy one.

Wishing you happy and safe miles ahead.
Regards,
Chandan

Last edited by DLC5005 : 19th December 2023 at 22:01. Reason: Typo
DLC5005 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2023, 22:09   #2590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations!! Refreshing to see a spontaneous purchase :-) Jimny is a real keeper. Enjoy!!
androdev is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 00:22   #2591
BHPian

Upgrade 2

Added another company (original) alloy for spare wheel . I think it looks fab.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4491.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_4496.jpeg
Manuggn is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 01:54   #2592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A friend was eyeing a Jimny after recent price cuts, and that's when I accompanied him for a quick TD and the old Gypsy love got ignited within me. This was a perfect reincarnation of the old King, and was easier to live with. The deal was icing on the cake and before I could pragmatically think if I needed this car, the Jimny was home!
There are those of us who indulge in
doubts, queries and plans and there are legends like you who swoop in unseen and fly out with a prized catch - a vehicular equivalent of DDLJ, if I may cross refer!

Congratulations on bringing home an able spiritual successor to GG. That you did this in the nearabouts of the 40th anniversary of OG 800 lends an added aura to the purchase .

You ownership report, whenever it comes, will be THE most awaited writeup in a while. Have a rocking (pun unintended) time with the mountain goat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh View Post
My garage consists of a XL6 6AT... For highways XL6 is an awesome car. I am in no mood or capability to spend 20+ lakhs on a Thar 5 door in near future. With the ongoing price correction from Maruti, I have Jimny Zeta AT offer at 12.2 L OTR. I am in huge dilemma whether:

Considering the current price point and simple interest calculations, should I buy it now or defer for a year?
Could you find a better manifestation of the solution to your quandary than in our resident Maruti master's purchase?
dailydriver is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 09:20   #2593
HTC
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Shashi!
After seeing your XL6 thread and how well you take care of it, I'm confused as to who got lucky here?. Is it you for finding Jimny or is it Jimny that it found you as owner .

Such is the pull of Gypsy. Only comparable thing to this is the RE Bullet. People throw financial calculations and logical reasoning out of the window when choosing one. Good luck with your purchase. Waiting to see what all value added mods you have in mind for the GOAT.

Cheers
HTC
HTC is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 09:39   #2594
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caadmara View Post
Hello- Is anyone aware of Alpha AT (Bluish Black) availability at any of the dealers in Bangalore? Kalyani NEXA is out of stock on all AT models. Any leads are most appreciated! Thanks!
Nexa Electronic city (Surakshaa car care) might have. They had Black, Grey and White Alpha AT available for immediate delivery when I checked with them on Saturday.
Old 20th December 2023, 10:35   #2595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Shashi! Very nice lifestyle vehicle. Wishing you kms of happy ownership!

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks