Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2023, 12:31   #2521
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChauhanSaurabh View Post
White looks appealing in such backdrop. Is this a different shade of white sold there compared to Pearl Arctic White we have here on 5 door?
Have a look at this pic of the Australian 3 door. Being a brighter less rainy morning than the one in which I took the earlier pics, this is more comparable to the pictures I took of our Indian 5 door one.
To my eye there is no difference in the shade of white of the Jimnys being sold here and the white shade of the Jimnys being sold there.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_9343.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_9325.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 14th December 2023 at 12:35.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 12:38   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Looking for some advice on whether I should upgrade my 2016 Scorpio S10 Auto to the Jimny Alpha AT
Once a Scorpio, always Scorpio. If there is any vehicle which can offer or surpass the might of Scorpio, it is the THAR.
VRSriram is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 14:16   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for some advice on whether I should upgrade my 2016 Scorpio S10 Auto to the Jimny Alpha AT
As an owner of Black Scorpio top end model VLX (2008) with m hawk engine for more than 12 years and moved to Jimny alpha dual tone yellow automatic ,I can give my personal experience.

1. Scorpio classic shape is dated and in 2021 I decided to move on to a modern looking car even though the m hawk is a bullet proof engine.The natural upgrade is another modern Mahindra BOF car but wanted to try a Japanese car.

2. I bought top end Crysta Z BOF diesel automatic in 2021 to replace my Scorpio VLX. I enjoyed for 2 years and started to look for another car even though I liked it ( due to the zero usage of 3 rd row, not good on rural roads where I was stuck in muddy roads due to its heavy weight couple of times, parking issues in spite of 360 degree camera etc).

3. Come 2023, it was a very hard decision to downgrade from Scorpio/ Crysta to Jimny but my wife tells me that it is the best decision I had taken and this statement she is making after going multiple times from Bangalore to Visakhapatnam and back in all 3 vehicles ( one way is 1000kms) namely Scorpio, Crysta and Jimny. Initially I was apprehensive on Jimny capabilities but it is an all rounder both on rural and highway and is surprisingly very comfortable on any type of road.

4. When we think of the most popular SUV and MUV in India, we think of Scorpio and Innova. I had experienced both and now I wanted to experience something different and hence the Jimny now. Only time should tell on the long term ownership experience and I have full confidence on Japanese engineering until some big lifestyle change or Government policies will push me to an EV vehicle in near future.

Last edited by Mystic : 14th December 2023 at 14:20.
Mystic is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 14:25   #2524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
====
So looking for a answers to these questions:

1. Would this swap make sense?
2. What about financial sense?
3. Would I miss my Scorpio's 2.2 MHawk beast and the super smooth 6 gear TC?
4. Would I miss the road presence of the Scorpio?
5. I would like some creature comforts that my Scorpio currently does not have, dual zone AC, a quiet cabin, a good infotainment system. Will I get this in the Jimny?
Short and straight answer is a BIG NO!

1- Absolutely not, it is a serious downgrade.
2- Not at all, unless your scorpio has run lakhs of kms and at end of life. Or you are getting a great deal or want to avail a corporate car lease for saving tax.
3- You will curse yourself everyday.
4- Ofcourse yes, you will be bullied by even an autorikshaw.
5- Infotainment is good coz it has apple CarPlay and Android auto, thats all.

Unless you are desperate for a change, I will never suggest downgrading from Scorpio with a Jimny or even a Thar. Yes both are downgrades and not upgrade from your existing vehicle. You are just buying a new car, that is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
Once a Scorpio, always Scorpio. If there is any vehicle which can offer or surpass the might of Scorpio, it is the THAR.
Beg to differ, it is just a feel good factor of owning a new vehicle that one will miss. Thar is no where close to even the old Scorpio when it comes to comfort or convenience. In fact show me a good 4 wheel drive scorp AT from last lot and I will anyday trade in a new Thar for that.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th December 2023 at 14:29.
Jaggu is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 15:12   #2525
HTC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntoo View Post
Dear HTC,
I have checked with NEXA Yelahanka, and they do not match your discounts. Kindly share the contact details of the salesman and dealer with whom you have made the deal. I will trade my Punto and go for Zeta AT or Alpha AT.
Nexa JP Nagar. Ask for Nandish. Tell chandan refered.
Not sure how much discount they may quote. But give a try. Good luck.
HTC is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 20:03   #2526

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi sir,
Incase you have finalised the car, can you kindly provide us with the price breakup of alpha automatic?
And the dealer details too, if it's ok to share here.

In prevoius other posts, could see price and discounts related to Zeta variants, but not much details on alpha.

One of my friends is reconsidering to buy a Jimny, after seeing the ongoing discounts.

Thanks in advance.
Please reach out to Varun Nexa, Hebbal - Thilak is the Sales guy. Reachable at 9620822556.
You can give the reference of Shashwat. They should have all Alpha colour variants available in Auto (other than Red I think) and you can negotiate on the discount.
dot_tsi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 20:30   #2527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot_tsi View Post
Please reach out to Varun Nexa, Hebbal - Thilak is the Sales guy. Reachable at 9620822556.
You can give the reference of Shashwat. They should have all Alpha colour variants available in Auto (other than Red I think) and you can negotiate on the discount.
Thanks dot_tsi.
Sure, will check with your reference.
Meanwhile do let us all know, incase if you have negotiated/finalized some good discounts.
Old 15th December 2023, 07:49   #2528

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Thanks dot_tsi.
Sure, will check with your reference.
Meanwhile do let us all know, incase if you have negotiated/finalized some good discounts.
For Alpha auto - 1.5L discount on OTR price was there (did haggle for ex showroom discount of 1.5L - got call from Maruti that it is not the case).
On top of 1.5L, it is on your skillset and need of accessories. If you do not take the ‘thunder kit’ you would save another 20k or so and some dealer discount of 20k and Insurance would be another 5k or so.
So overall you should be to wrestle in around 2L

I unfortunately had to cancel from them because heart was set on KY colour (Jimny eventually is a purchase from the heart because the brain has rejected the idea long back so the colour should tug at some heartstrings ) which they did not have - the ‘haggling’ with the other dealer is ongoing.
dot_tsi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 11:24   #2529
BHPian

Got the delivery 2 days ago, enjoying driving it around the city !

Waiting to get the number plates and take it to some mild off road trails on the weekend.

Somehow, it reminded me of the IPOD classic, some bits are questionable, but it all comes together so beautifully

Few queries for fellow Jimnyasts

1. Found the window glasses to be highly reflective on the inside...like, the drivers side glass on the inside, reflects everything on the left side of the car (and vice versa), gets pretty confusing at times, especially when taking turns in bright sunlight...anyone notice this ?

2. Any idea how to turn off the Good Morning and so on voice greeting...has startled me more than once

ZETA AT

Maruti Jimny Review-20231213_171740.jpg

Last edited by rhsakarp : 15th December 2023 at 11:30.
rhsakarp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 12:13   #2530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot_tsi View Post
On top of 1.5L, it is on your skillset and need of accessories. If you do not take the ‘thunder kit’ you would save another 20k or so and some dealer discount of 20k and Insurance would be another 5k or so.
So overall you should be to wrestle in around 2L
Thanks dot_tsi,
Much helpful

My friend was interested in alpha variant in red/white.
Will get in touch with your reference. Let's see, how much more we can bargain.

Regards,
Chandan
Old 15th December 2023, 13:45   #2531
BHPian

The Jimny had pulled on my heartstrings ever since launch, but I had ignored it since it was too expensive and our Micra is doing a fantastic job at it's duties (>200,000kms now!). However, the price cuts and discounts had my attention.

Walked into a Nexa showroom in Poonamallee (Chennai) to inquire about discounts, the SA immediately offered upto 2.5 lakhs off the on-road price for a Zeta MT. This was without any haggling, just straight off the bat! He also showed me an excel sheet of their current stock and they have 38 cars with them, a mix of variants and colours in AT and MT. Anyone in the market for one, please do inquire with them. I'm also sure a bit more can be squeezed out of them in deals.

Personally, I've dropped the plan. The Jimny, as cheerful and loveable as it is, was just too much of a compromise for being our only car. I could learn to live with the fuel efficiency, okay-ish highway manners and the turning circle (despite a sharp U turn daily to get to our house), but the rear seats were just too uncomfortable. We make frequent trips to our hometown (~500km away) and since the only thing my dad wants in our next car are comfy rear seats with AC vents and a charging port (mom has permanent shotgun rights ), the Jimny simply fell short.

Honestly I'm quite annoyed, I really want to buy a Jimny. Its adorable and cheerful and brings a smile to my face everytime I see one. How much would it have cost Maruti to make the rear a bit more comfortable? Slightly more under-thigh support, more contoured/sculpted seats. They spent 3 years adding 2 doors to make it appeal to the "family car buyer" but IMHO it still falls short for most people to be their only car. And if this indeed was the use-case Maruti had in mind, the 3 door would have sufficed and would have been cheaper! I can't quite understand who the 5 door is meant for. People buying it for its off-road prowess would probably have loved the 3 door (cheaper, more nimble, better break over?), and the 5 door is too uncomfortable and slow to be an all rounder family car, plus it seats only 4 adults!.

But I do sincerely hope that they don't discontinue it, and instead give us a more refined and polished version (like they did with the S-cross), fingers cross-ed!

Last edited by Karthik.guru : 15th December 2023 at 13:55.
Karthik.guru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 14:46   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrogeek View Post
Clearly, you were never wanting to part with the Thar and hence the long list of negatives for justifying the decision to cancel!. That being said the Jimny and Thar are 2 different beast for totally different set of buyers. Its plain obvious you are not a Jimny lover! to each his own. Happy Trails!
Hey there! Looks like you have taken my post little personally!

For your information, before I bought my Thar, I was desperately waiting for Suzuki to launch the Jimny here in India. It was my first choice. In my college days we had a Gypsy. However, other than the show off factor, I was too young to realise the true potential of Gypsy back then.

While I also admired the old Thar, Jimny was a natural progression for me. Unfortunately, Jimny was never launched and then came the 2020 Thar. I waited till 21 for the Jimny but couldn't wait any longer and bought the Thar. And boy, it was love at first sight.

Regarding your comment that I never want to part with my Thar and hence the list of long negatives, yes it's absolutely true. My heart indeed beats for the Thar. I have taken it to Ladakh and Sikkim from South in a single year. And I loved every bit of the journey. Both times around 7500 km. Not a single issue and it runs the same as it did on day one. The Thar has indeed spoilt me and so has my standards.

So please chill and move on dear!
vprao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 15:36   #2533
HTC
BHPian

My sales advisor just sent the pic of car allotted to me from dealer stockyard. Odo says 46 kms but run time is 5 hrs plus. Is this normal?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img20231215wa0009.jpg  

Old 15th December 2023, 15:46   #2534
ike
BHPian

Quote:
If the Scorpio is in pristine condition, better to keep driving it. At 50k it has plenty of life left anyways and will probably hold it's value too. However, I tried telling myself at six years and 80k KMS my S cross 1.3 MJD had plenty of life left but my heart didn't listen. Sometimes we are looking for reasons to change the car once it starts getting old.

Another option is to upgrade laterally, sell the scorpio and get a used BOF like a previous generation Innova or a Crysta. A jimny has an anemic petrol engine and an ancient transmission and would not be as drivable as a 2.2 Mhawk.

Last edited by ike : 15th December 2023 at 15:49.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 18:02   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhsakarp View Post
Got the delivery 2 days ago, enjoying driving it around the city !

2. Any idea how to turn off the Good Morning and so on voice greeting...has startled me more than once

ZETA AT

Attachment 2544255
You need to go to settings of the Infotainment system. There is an option to switch off the greeting lady ( who doesn't sound all that happy)
sanhan10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks