Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2023, 11:52   #2116
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermax View Post
Yes, but if you want it to be a practical single vehicle, that it isn't, unless you are willing to really put up with a lot of sacrifices.
Not tying to dispute as the notions of what is practical and what is not is very personal and subjective. My experience on the other hand has been that it is one extremely useful machine for regular use. "Regular use" refers to one who doesnt climb a vertical wall at the drop of a hat or attempt to out accelerate everything else on the road. By the way, this was just a joke and shouldnt be taken seriously.

It can seat four and move them around without a worry. I get 12.5kmpl with 215 section tires in mixed driving conditions with two in the car and I have a comfortable cabin to sit in. Have used it to get groceries, to carry five large Mud terrain tires, do airport pickups and managed 600km highway journeys ....err all separately ofcourse. If anything, the steering needs some getting use to. We have been using the Jimny as the family vehicle since we picked it up.

Last edited by megazoid : 18th October 2023 at 12:04.
megazoid is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 12:43   #2117
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking for some fender lining for the front and rear. Any leads on this ?

Has anyone got it ?
Old 19th October 2023, 15:06   #2118
BHPian

Yours truly was fortunate enough to take delivery of his Yellow Jimny Alpha MT today. The adrenaline is still not fully worn off as I write this post. I really enjoyed driving it around ~35 kilometers so far, from the showroom to home. So far I haven't shown it off a lot but everyone I met has really liked the looks of this. Plus, it has a cute vibe instead of the masculine vibe of other jeeps. Will post an initial ownership review thread soon.

Maruti Jimny Review-photo_20231019_150348.jpg

Last edited by pepega : 19th October 2023 at 15:08. Reason: Fixed typo
pepega is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 16:49   #2119
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Jimny updates coming:

- Facelift for both the 3d and 5d expected in 2024. (first half)

- Jimny EV for Europe expected in 2024.

- Suzuki likely to update the ICE version with hybrid technology option

Pic for ref. only

Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20231019-165829.png

Quote:
The fourth-gen Jimny was originally introduced in 2018, so it is about time for Suzuki to introduce a facelift for the popular off-roader as early as next year. In January 2023, the automaker announced a fully electric Jimny for Europe, with the official teaser showing an illuminated grille and new LED graphics. Reading between the lines, the forthcoming debut of the EV could coincide with a mid-lifecycle update for the ICE-powered Jimny that is being sold all over the world. Given that the 3-door and 5-door models share most of their body panels, the facelift could potentially be applied to both versions at the same time.

As for the powertrains, besides the EV, chances are that Suzuki will expand the Jimny’s lineup with a hybrid version, at least for markets where electrification is quite important. Japan is one of those cases, with Suzuki’s local range set to comprise 20% EVs and 80% Hybrids by 2030. The automaker’s plans for Europe have the opposite ratio with a target mix of 80% EVs and 20% Hybrids by 2030.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th October 2023 at 16:59.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 07:18   #2120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepega View Post
Plus, it has a cute vibe instead of the masculine vibe of other jeeps. Will post an initial ownership review thread soon.

Attachment 2519093
Welcome to Jimny club. I also took delivery of the same colour Jimny few days back. I agree with you that it is cute to look at but functionally it can take on with SUVs many times costlier. This nimble small size is the strength of Jimny and is already recognised internationally but in India, we just started to appreciate the true 4X4 functionality and I am sure it will catch on as most of rural roads are not good in India.

Pls see the very old video below having 10 million views of Jimny comparison to other SUVs which are respected internationally as true 4X4 and not so called Indian urban SUVs which claim 4X4 functionality.

Last edited by Mystic : 20th October 2023 at 07:26.
Mystic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 10:31   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
So i just casually walked into Nexa East of Kailash yesterday enquiring about the Jimny (Alpha MT to be specific). What i could gauge from a very short conversation I had with the sales guy is that they are now very eager to move jimnys. Although no discounts as such on the table (didn't negotiate hard) but he said that delivery will happen within 1 month from the date of booking. IMO sales will go down even further in the coming months and there might be some discounts on offer also.
These discounts were on the cards for Jimny. It maybe a festive offer right now but going forward i think we'll get these discounts as well. Unless the export market for 4 door jimny picks up, a price correction should happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img20231020wa0009.jpg  

TB16 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 11:20   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Welcome to Jimny club. I also took delivery of the same colour Jimny few days back. I agree with you that it is cute to look at but functionally it can take on with SUVs many times costlier.
Thank you! And congratulations on your new car as well.

It's heartening to see the Jimny do so well against much more expensive rivals. I definitely don't want the best off-road car, and I certainly can't afford it either. I am happy with something that's capable and light on the pocket. The Manual has an old school feel that I am really enjoying. It's like riding a retro motorcycle, if that makes sense.
pepega is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 17:40   #2123
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I just received this a moment ago in the whatsapp from the local Nexa chaps.
I don't really want to speculate but can’t help thinking; is it that Maruti is unable to sell Jimny at the present price?
Or is it the general pre-disposition of the Indian Consumer-at-large, towards ‘Road Presence’ and ‘Butch-ness’ that drives people ‘Thar-wards’ rather than ‘Jimny-wards’?
A hundred Grand off is nice and attractive for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_0929.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 18:16   #2124
BHPian

I had booked alpha AT on this Sunday. After this offer I have put it on hold. I was to get delivery yesterday itself but got delayed due to some confusion- feeling lucky now.

I think a scross 1.6 type price cut is on cards soon.
Even if that doesn't happen the price difference between alpha and zeta is too much now. Would rather get VFM zeta if alpha doesn't get cheaper.

I was getting ~25k freebies on my booking. Please do update on the offers in your cities.
Jimny is a want rather than a need so can wait.

I sold my lovely corolla altis diesel for a pittance on saturday to make space.

Pasting the message from Maruti to Nexa sales guys that was sent yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot_20231020_181955_whatsapp.jpg  

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 20th October 2023 at 18:22.
vikramvicky1984 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 18:30   #2125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Or is it the general pre-disposition of the Indian Consumer-at-large, towards ‘Road Presence’ and ‘Butch-ness’ that drives people ‘Thar-wards’ rather than ‘Jimny-wards’? ...
That and VFM. The initial set of YOLO buyers must be almost done now.

Quote:
Yes and closer to a price that gets is closer to a VFM point.

But this is only for Zeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Even if that doesn't happen the price difference between alpha and zeta is too much now. Would rather get VFM zeta if alpha doesn't get cheaper.

I was getting ~25k freebies on my booking....
Jimny is a want rather than a need so can wait.
Offered 15k freebie's but that was without any discussion.

And yes, this is not a need buy.
Old 20th October 2023, 19:07   #2126

I've always felt that the Zeta variant of the Jimny is especially good for modifications as it comes with most of the features and can send on off-road specific mods.
Old 20th October 2023, 19:28   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
I don't really want to speculate but can’t help thinking; is it that Maruti is unable to sell Jimny at the present price?
Or is it the general pre-disposition of the Indian Consumer-at-large, towards ‘Road Presence’ and ‘Butch-ness’ that drives people ‘Thar-wards’ rather than ‘Jimny-wards’?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
I had booked alpha AT on this Sunday. After this offer I have put it on hold. I was to get delivery yesterday itself but got delayed due to some confusion- feeling lucky now.
I think people sitting on the fence, should wait it out till Dec, this discount will climb to 1.5/2 lac.

I'm after the Nexa guy for a TD since 2 months for the AT, but to no avail.
Vinod_nair is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 20:16   #2128
Kln
BHPian

Is the Jimny going to overtake Ignis as the most discounted Maruti on sale? Seems so! A new car getting this much of a discount is practically unheard of. What's going on with the Jimny!
Old 20th October 2023, 20:24   #2129
BHPian

Following is the break-up of the total discount to be negotiated tomorrow:

1. Cash discount (consumer discount)= 50k,
2. Loyalty bonus / Exchange bonus= 50k,
3. Corporate discount= 20k,
4. Scratch card discount= 21k (ask for 21k discount afront),
5. Negotiate free accessories worth= 30k.

If NEXA guys show attitude, politely say thanks and leave your mobile number and ask them to call if they struggle to sell MY2023 units in the 2nd week of January, 2024.

And, don't forget my beer bucket if you are able to drive out the Jimny from your dealership by this Dussehra, with 1+2+3+4+5 above.
RijuC is online now   (25) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 21:04   #2130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think an emotional purchase like this need an imperfect car, once you start thinking of 4 doors and practicality etc it's a recipe for booking Grand Vitara - which is doing very well.

The SA at Mahindra showroom was mentioning to me about how a father had ordered 2 identical Thars for his sons, spent nearly 4L each modifying them right there in the dealership before handing them over.

It perhaps appeals to more people than our forum's demographic although it was born here.
Kosfactor is online now   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks