Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2023, 10:21   #2011
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
Is there any review of Jimny on Stock 195/80 tyres vs 215/75 AT tyres considering the fact that narrow tyres have many positives in situations such as mud/sand, and reliability (+snow chain compatibility) as per a video posted on the forum.
Not a review, but just an observation from my end.

I have seen Jimny on stock tyres, and upgrades to All Terrain tyres ranging from 215 to 235 section tyres from Yokohama, Apollo and Continental, perform within a reasonable bracket of performance off road.

First benefit of upsizing and upgrading to A/T is visual stance.

Moving on from that, the use case on bad roads/rocky edges and running those tracks on full load will warrant additional strength and toughness associated with All Terrain tyres.
Fuel efficiency may take a hit by maybe around 1 kmpl.
The tyres themselves get somewhere between 3-5 kgs heavier on each corner. That is something to be taken into account when upgrading.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 11:15   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
Changed the front grill: Bought a vintage style front grille from a seller in Delhi itself. With this Jimny front gives a wider look.
This change has really improved your Jimny's overall aesthetics! If I ever purchase a Jimny, I know what my first mod is going to be
Indraneel Bhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 11:31   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indraneel Bhat View Post
This change has really improved your Jimny's overall aesthetics
Concur. Just changed my friend's grill to this yesterday. Never thought it would elevate the looks to this degree, that too on a dark paint scheme.

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230925204124.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img20230925213133.jpg
man_of_steel is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 11:49   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I got the windbooster GT installed 2 days ago. Supplier is Uglare and his number is 9818952900. I got the items delivered to chennai within 2days of making payment.There is another company in kerala who supplies GTE tuning which is supposed to be a German company. His number is 9895940194. Windbooster quote is Rs.17000/-
I bought the Windbooster for Rs. 14500 from Harman Impex with one year replacement warranty. Apart from windbooster they have lot of accessories for Jimny. They have a 'Jimny Premium Accessories' Whatsapp group giving frequent updates. Contact person is Jaspreet Sahani - 9821010164.
nazeer_ahamed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 12:32   #2015
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Does anyone know who is the dealer for Koni suspension in India. I guess Tein is a Chinese company? So I am not considering Tein suspension as an option.
Friend had gotten Koni installed on his Jimny from MotoPoto, you can call Varun on +91 98103 22400 for more details. We had gone together and from Kaza they headed towards Leh (for Outback festival) and I went further into Spiti Valley

Some Pics:
Maruti Jimny Review-img_1270.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_1273.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_1271.jpeg

Maruti Jimny Review-whatsapp-image-20230916-1.52.30-pm.jpeg

Edit: I think its high time there is an official Jimny accessories and modification thread, if nobody starts one I will and document the mods that I have done

Last edited by Aditya : 27th September 2023 at 17:59. Reason: As requested
quickdraw is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 13:27   #2016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazeer_ahamed View Post
I bought the Windbooster for Rs. 14500 from Harman Impex with one year replacement warranty. Apart from windbooster they have lot of accessories for Jimny. They have a 'Jimny Premium Accessories' Whatsapp group giving frequent updates. Contact person is Jaspreet Sahani - 9821010164.
That's a very competitive price indeed. How's the acceleration and the mileage now? I'm planning to make a trip to Ooty this weekend in the Jimny and hope I wont have any hurdles uphill or down hill.
Old 26th September 2023, 13:45   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
That's a very competitive price indeed. How's the acceleration and the mileage now? I'm planning to make a trip to Ooty this weekend in the Jimny and hope I wont have any hurdles uphill or down hill.
I will get my parcel tomorrow. Now I'm staying in Coimbatore. I will give my feedback after my trip to Ooty.
Old 26th September 2023, 13:56   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
I know more than a dozen Jimny owners who have installed a throttle controller (including myself) and everyone will vouch that it makes the Jimny go faster. In fact, a lot faster in its highest performance mode (to the point of being slightly scary)

Does anyone know who is the dealer for Koni suspension in India. I guess Tein is a Chinese company? So I am not considering Tein suspension as an option.
Again you may need to look at the rpm to understand what exactly it does in different modes and just try the same with your foot, the device definitely doesn't add more horsepower to make it go fast, it just alter the throttle signal to ECU. End of the day as long as you are happy with the product that's all it matters.

I guess methods.co.in deals with Koni in India. Tein is Japanese brand.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 14:15   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Friend had gotten Koni FSD installed on his Jimny from MotoPoto, you can call Varun on +91 98103 22400 for more details.
I just spoke to Varun and he says this is not FSD. There is no FSD for body on frame vehicles. This is a heavy duty damper only OR damper + springs 20mm lift kit. No caster correction / cross member relocation or extended brake line is needed in this case.
gsferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 15:21   #2020
BHPian

Did a few DIY mods over the last few months so thought of sharing with the team:

1. Like many on this forum I don't like the look of the stock grill, especially the chrome bits. So wrapped the original one in matte black vinyl. This is more of an experiment than a finished product since this was my first time attempting automotive wrapping and the final product has some flaws (when looked closely). But overall, I am glad with how it came out. It was a tough job and there was a lot of back and forth. For someone planning to attempt something like this, please buy good quality vinyl with air channels and not the cheapest stuff on Amazon. Mine is the cheap version but I was ready for the consequences. Don't go overboard though since these wraps are perishable products. A heat gun, ispropyl alcohol and an a precision knife is a must for a hassle free job (and loads of patience).

Maruti Jimny Review-1.jpeg

2. Wrapped the door sill and the plastic running board with matte black floor marking tape. This is much more forgiving than a vinyl wrap and goes on hassle free. Bought a roll from Amazon. Also added some door edge protection. The one I've used is mainly used for decorating/protecting alloy wheels but has worked well for me. However I did use my own double sided 3M tape for this and removed the one that came with it. Bought this too from Amazon. I have washed the car a few time and both the tape and edge protection are holding well.

Maruti Jimny Review-2.jpeg

3. I fabricated an OBD II on/off switch with an inline fuse (2A) to use with my dashcam. I bought an OBD II connector with an on/off switch, chopped off one end and soldered an automotive inline fuse and the wiring of the dashcam. This has given the functionality to use the dashcam in its surveillance mode and the flexibility to turn it off when desired. You need some basic soldering skills a general knowledge about polarity to attempt this. A multi meter is a must to confirm - and + points on the OBDII connector. You can either chop into the original usb cable supplied with the dashcam or buy another specifically for hard wiring, both do the same job but the latter is more convenient. I have not hard mounted my dashcam and using a suction cup. All the products were bought from Amazon India.

Maruti Jimny Review-3.jpeg

4. I modified an existing magnetic car phone holder to use the M8 bolt holes on the dashboard. Almost all dummy M8 (apart from the ones on the speedometer) plastic bolts come off and have a corresponding M8 nut underneath. I drove a 25MM M8 bolt thorough the magnetic head of the phone holder and mounted (used some medium strength thread locker too) that to the dashboard. The possibilities of these mods are endless and fairly easy. All was bought on Amazon India.

Maruti Jimny Review-4.jpeg

Most of the mods/products above could be bought off the shelf but I detest doing that and prefer to tinker first. Next on the DIY list is: making a roof rack, making underbody protection, swapping Zeta glass with Alpha glass, sound damping of interior and so on and so forth (as the confidence and knowledge grows). I believe that a product is not your own until you worked on it yourself and Jimny is such a great (and forgiving) platform for that. Cheers
sammysossa is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 15:52   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Sometime back replaced OEM air filter with K&N 33-3151 air filter & OEM spark plugs with NGK Premium RX spark plugs DCPR6ERX-11P
With this throttling at initial stage has gone & pick up much better. Also overall engine running has become quite smooth. Even the fuel efficiency has improved.

Hi. Can you share where you got the filter and the plugs from? Thanks.
Old 26th September 2023, 16:21   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
Sure For centre console, mats, bonnet insulation pad & LED fog lamp bulbs - you can source from Amazon.co.jp
For star lock nuts go to faradshop.in
Loved the look of your Jimny's front fascia. Really goes well with the dark green color. I'm sure this one ages quite long and gracefully.

Btw, did you install the front fascia and the underbonnet padding yourself? Is it easy or do you need a technician?
Old 26th September 2023, 16:29   #2023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Daroga View Post
Hi. Can you share where you got the filter and the plugs from? Thanks.
I purchased both from Amazon.co.jp
The K&N filter is also available in Amazon.com (US). However if you plan to buy both spark plug & filter, then better to order together as you will save in freight.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_6461.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6459.jpeg  

Last edited by Rahul Lal : 26th September 2023 at 16:50.
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 16:31   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRoca View Post
Loved the look of your Jimny's front fascia. Really goes well with the dark green color. I'm sure this one ages quite long and gracefully.

Btw, did you install the front fascia and the underbonnet padding yourself? Is it easy or do you need a technician?
Thank you
Installation is not an issue. I did myself.
Old 27th September 2023, 12:15   #2025

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Has anyone here changed the variant / color of their booking after the price reveal? Does it change the position on the waitlist?

Yes, it does. I changed the variant & color. So that put me right at the end. But I was given the first choice to whatever they had in stock, just Incase I decided to go with what they had available. I booked in Jan & got mine delivered on sept 21

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks