Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2023, 09:50   #1996
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Am I missing something here?
Yes, the fact is that there are no occupant sensors on the rear seats of the Jimny. In the event that no one is sitting there, the alarm beeps every time you start the car and continues to beep irritatingly for 30 secs or more.

Hence the fix I posted earlier.
Old 25th September 2023, 10:01   #1997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Dear Team-bhpians,
Our SimplyJimny team of 10 Jimnys have made it to the "India book of Records" for successfully reaching the world's highest motorable road,19024 feet,on top of the world,literally.
I think everyone on the forum would enjoy a travelogue of how was the journey and how did the car perform all the way from Hyderabad to the top. Ofcourse with alot of photos
Old 25th September 2023, 10:11   #1998
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Free wheeling hubs

Has anyone changed the hubs of the Jimny. I believe the currently installed hubs are always locked for the car to be driven in 4x4 on the go.
Jimny has air locking hubs. Look at page 3-16 of the Jimny User Manual.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 10:41   #1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I could not get it delivered after ordering because the shipper was Delhivery and they have a very automated customer support without any scope of interacting with a human. Basicallly if you are not the customer (the seller is ) you hit a black hole and I gave up trying after one week of daily attempts.

What actually happened was that - My default KYC uploaded on Amazon was rejected and whatever I uploaded directly to Delhivery site in png format was also rejected due to “invalid format”. After one week of daily attempts I just gave up and cancelled the order.
Amazon customer care could not help either as they kept parroting that Customs officer don’t like my existing KYC (Adhaar) for some reason.
Hi, You can check with the brand website as well and contact the vendor for more information.
NomadicSoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 12:34   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Rear seat belt alarm fix-

Here's what I did -

Removed the rear bottom seat cushion
Idea seems to be workable. There are also these pressure switches available which generally OEMs use(for some reason maruti didn't )
Easily available online and seems to fit via a coupler. Could be a simple DIY aswell.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot_20230925_123228_chrome.jpg  

meetbhav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 13:38   #2001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
Sometime back replaced OEM air filter with K&N 33-3151 air filter & OEM spark plugs with NGK Premium RX spark plugs DCPR6ERX-11P
With this throttling at initial stage has gone & pick up much better. Also overall engine running has become quite smooth. Even the fuel efficiency has improved.
Can you share any supplier details for the NGK spark plugs and the cost involved? Also, what's the mileage gain that you got, both in city and in the highways?
Old 25th September 2023, 14:46   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Can you share any supplier details for the NGK spark plugs and the cost involved? Also, what's the mileage gain that you got, both in city and in the highways?
Bought thru Amazon Japan. Costed around Rs 6000 a set of four. Initially I was getting mileage around 8.5 to 9 kmpl in Delhi city driving. Now getting around 10 to10.5 kmpl on same routes.
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 15:15   #2003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Flooring the accelerator of the Jimny in stock form is not going the make it go any fast. It only increases the noise of the engine. With the throttle controller, there is a definite difference.
As far as I know pedal booster also doesn't improve drivability or engine power, the device modulates the throttle response for you, it just control the accelerator input, it won't make us go fast. Our effort is less and we will feel the engine response is improved, but it's just the same as how we modulate the throttle ourselves. This is based on my experience trying a pedal booster on my GT TSI 6 years back, maybe each individual may feel differently. If not worried about warranty, remap along with an air intake kit is a better option to make Jimny go little bit faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
Also Tough Dog has Foam Cell Technology whereas Old Man EMU as well as Iron Man use Nitrogen Gas charged shocks a huge positive as it would most certainly effect the performance of the shock as foam cell shocks are developed for high heat environments and they typically do better than Nitrogen Gas charged shocks.
Never knew ToughDog had an Indian dealer. Always foamcells are better than nitrogas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivC View Post
I in fact did some digging up and don't think a 40 mm lift kit warrants one. This is purely my opinion and had kept the option open after fitting the standard kit.
It's needed for a combo of both lift kit and bigger tyres, someone who use stock or maybe even 215's might not need it. But if you fit a 2inch lift kit and 235's it's definitely needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
Could you please elaborate why you didn't shortlist Tanabe? Personally, my usage of the Jimny would be more than 95% on road and less than 5% off-road. Do you think Tanabe suspension kit would make sense for such a Jimny user?
I guess all these AU based suspension manufactures, their products are more offroad focused. Someone who is going to use it on road may find them harder, especially nitro gas ones. Tanabe is getting a lot of marketing in India now and from the videos seems to be a good product, it gives you the flexibility to adjust damping as per your needs. But this is not just limited to Tanabe, Koni and Tein all have adjustable damping option for Jimny.
GT145 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 18:44   #2004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
I did not buy any MS genuine accessories at the time of buying Jimny except mud flaps & mats. However now I am slowly adding few essential items to make Jimny more comfortable to drive & pleasant to look.
Console tray: To create more space for small items I bought a centre console tray from Seiwa JP.
Those floor mats look great and much better than what we get here. I am not sure why the script gets re-written or the wheel.is reinvented in India. Suzuki can show those mats to an Indian vendor and say make this. Is there anything preventing them from doing so?

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 20:57   #2005
RDS
BHPian

No replies in another thread hence posting a query here.

Is there any review of Jimny on Stock 195/80 tyres vs 215/75 AT tyres considering the fact that narrow tyres have many positives in situations such as mud/sand, and reliability (+snow chain compatibility) as per a video posted on the forum.

Also, would wet performance of stock tyres be better than AT tyres as most of times car is in RWD mode.

After seeing reviews of EVC-X for Jimny, I am considering the vehicle again as I plan to move to mountains in another 1 year or so.

Last edited by RDS : 25th September 2023 at 21:25.
RDS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 21:51   #2006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbhav View Post
Idea seems to be workable. There are also these pressure switches available which generally OEMs use(for some reason maruti didn't )
Easily available online and seems to fit via a coupler. Could be a simple DIY aswell.
Yes we could install pressure sensors, but it would entail removing the seat fabric and top cushion to install them and then re-stitching them. You could also put the sensors under a seat cover which is easier, but I personally don't like seat covers and use the stock seats as is.
dileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 23:27   #2007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT145 View Post
As far as I know pedal booster also doesn't improve drivability or engine power, the device modulates the throttle response for you, it just control the accelerator input, it won't make us go fast. Our effort is less and we will feel the engine response is improved, but it's just the same as how we modulate the throttle ourselves. This is based on my experience trying a pedal booster on my GT TSI 6 years back, maybe each individual may feel differently. If not worried about warranty, remap along with an air intake kit is a better option to make Jimny go little bit faster.

Koni and Tein all have adjustable damping option for Jimny.
I know more than a dozen Jimny owners who have installed a throttle controller (including myself) and everyone will vouch that it makes the Jimny go faster. In fact, a lot faster in its highest performance mode (to the point of being slightly scary)

Does anyone know who is the dealer for Koni suspension in India. I guess Tein is a Chinese company? So I am not considering Tein suspension as an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
Is there any review of Jimny on Stock 195/80 tyres vs 215/75 AT tyres considering the fact that narrow tyres have many positives
What tyres you use is very much dependent on how you plan to use the Jimny. It will be a different answer for different users.

The biggest drawback for stock tyres is poor braking response. But it has many positives as you have pointed out.

Last edited by PYSO : 25th September 2023 at 23:36.
PYSO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 07:49   #2008
Distinguished - BHPian

Plastic Box for Jimny Manual

For those of you who have the manual can understand the frustration of not getting any storage cubby for the center. The that is commonly circulated is only for the AT variant. So, what I did is find a cheap plastic box on amazon and bought velcro with sticky tape and installed. Perfect fit and and will hold a large smartphone sideways.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It come as the 6 box set, so use the black one and do whatever with the rest. Picture is attached below:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-jimnytray.jpeg  

4x4addict is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 08:37   #2009
RDS
BHPian

Just when I was sincerely considering Jimny - here is a clip of Jimny accident. I tried sharing the link of CCTV footage time but somehow not showing - please watch from "59" seconds for CCTV footage.

However, there have been other side and front collisions where Jimny seems to have fared much better in safety. However, in this accident, A-Pillar could not take impact - may be due to rods on Mahindra pick up and Jimny sides and top came off.

This resulted in death of driver.

What do you think about this? Is it structural integrity or was the accident so bad that any safe car might have fared the same.

Last edited by RDS : 26th September 2023 at 08:42.
Old 26th September 2023, 09:27   #2010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
Just when I was sincerely considering Jimny - here is a clip of Jimny accident....
This has been discussed to death on this thread and the accidents thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post5607609 (Accidents in India | Pics & Videos). You can find all the analysis there !

In short, no vehicle is designed to absord impact on the A pillar from metal rods like those used on the load body of the Bolero. Lets move on !
fiat_tarun is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks