Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2023, 09:21   #1876
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Hi,
I am getting rid of an extra set of wheel locking nuts (5 nuts + key). These would ideally suite an alloy wheel set up. Please see here:
https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...ing-Nuts.html/
Dear mods, please remove if this may not be allowed here. Thank you.
Old 7th September 2023, 12:17   #1877
BHPian

I had ordered MSGA luggage hooks & cargo net long time back. Though I got cargo net at that time only but hooks were kept in back order. Finally today I got these pending items from the dealer.
They consist of four hooks, two collars & four bolts. No installation sheet was supplied so I had to look for the holes where they are supposed to be fixed.
Two hooks with collars were fixed after removing plastic locks on the sides of rear door sill near tool box area. To avoid plastic door sill getting pressed on tightening the hook bolts, collars are provided to work as spacers.
Other two hooks were fixed on the inner side of boot (where the rear seat ends) after removing the boot carpet. You will notice two cuts are already there in the carpet for the hooks. The lock of hook gets inserted in the hole providing below the bolt hole.
So you can see all four hooks are fitted on all four corners of the luggage area & the cargo net ends are locked in the hooks. Cargo net is not vertically placed in boot but is horizontally above the cargo carpet or mat to hold small items from rolling.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_6356.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6357.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6358.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6362.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6364.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6365.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6367.jpeg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_6366.jpeg  

Rahul Lal is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 13:09   #1878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
I had ordered MSGA luggage hooks & cargo net long time back. Though I got cargo net at that time only but hooks were kept in back order. Finally today I got these pending items from the dealer.
They consist of four hooks, two collars & four bolts.
The total cost of each luggage hook from Maruti works out to Rs. 200 and they don't look as good as these -

https://www.amazon.in/Trunk-Hooks-Lu...CCKVM7RZ&psc=1

I got 2 hooks free with the Rear Windshield Heating Wire Protection Cover Set from Amazon which are the same as the above listing. These are complete and assembled before hand.

Installation was very easy. Didn't need the Allen key, just tightened with hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20230907_125746051.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_20230907_125758612.jpg  

dileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 14:07   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
They consist of four hooks, two collars & four bolts.
Thanks for the update and the pics. So you get 4 hooks+two collars+four bolts for Rs 200 total or is it Rs 200 each for each hook?

Maruti's page states that part number 990J0M80TPQ-010: "In the Box :One Collar, Four Bolts & Four Luggage Hook & Installation manual"
https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m80tpq-010
Old 7th September 2023, 14:13   #1880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
Thanks for the update and the pics. So you get 4 hooks+two collars+four bolts for Rs 200 total or is it Rs 200 each for each hook?

Maruti's page states that part number 990J0M80TPQ-010: "In the Box :One Collar, Four Bolts & Four Luggage Hook & Installation manual"
Total amount is Rs 760/- & not 200/- as quoted earlier. Pl see part stickers in my post which mentions part nos & price.
Old 7th September 2023, 14:31   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
Total amount is Rs 760/- & not 200/- as quoted earlier. Pl see part stickers in my post which mentions part nos & price.
Very strange pricing. I did some math and maybe this is how it breaks down based on the pics and part numbers you've shared:

Cost per hook - Rs 150 (comes in a set of 4 totaling Rs 600)
Cost per bolt - Rs 30 (comes in a set of 4 totaling Rs 120)
Cost per collar - Rs 20 (comes in a set of 2 totaling Rs 40)
Total for one hook set - Rs 200

You've paid Rs 760 since you may have not need two collars for Rs 40.

Very misleading/incorrectly displayed pricing by Maruti on their page here:
Per this page the part number 990J0M80TPQ-010 should be for Rs 200 and have "In the Box One Collar, Four Bolts & Four Luggage Hook & Installation manual".
Good thing I didn't order it online.
sammysossa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 21:26   #1882
Distinguished - BHPian

Run about 500K on my Alpha MT white now. Few things that I wanted to share:

1) For those of you who test drove the Manual and found the gears hard to engage. It sorts itself out after a few 100 kms of driving.

2) The three link rear coil spring suspension does jiggle when you go through a sharp end with undulations/bad roads at higher speeds. Can be a bit scary but one will get used to it. The panhard rod or 5-link coil suspensions are designed to prevent this. But Jimny is built to a cost and I can understand why they didn't invest in a 5 link.

3) The ride comfort is too good for a solid axle vehicle with coil springs.
4x4addict is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 23:13   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post

2) The three link rear coil spring suspension does jiggle when you go through a sharp end with undulations/bad roads at higher speeds. Can be a bit scary but one will get used to it. The panhard rod or 5-link coil suspensions are designed to prevent this. But Jimny is built to a cost and I can understand why they didn't invest in a 5 link.
Can it be fitted aftermarket?
Old 9th September 2023, 07:11   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
cargo net
Have you tried putting luggage under the net?
How much does it expand?
Old 9th September 2023, 17:34   #1885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjayV View Post
Can it be fitted aftermarket?
I don't think it is possible to do this kinda thing reliably after market.
Old 9th September 2023, 18:12   #1886

Just found both left side alloys bent in my Jimny! Maruti Suzuki didn't improve their quality even for a global product. My car has just done 4900 kms. Such cheap quality not expected for a global product. Please guide me how to proceed. I have already raised the issue with dealer, they will raise FTIR. Please help!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-img_20230909_153333856.jpg  

Maruti Jimny Review-img_20230909_153324763.jpg  

Jimny_svm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 20:00   #1887
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimny_svm View Post
Just found both left side alloys bent in my Jimny! Maruti Suzuki didn't improve their quality even for a global product. My car has just done 4900 kms. Such cheap quality not expected for a global product. Please guide me how to proceed. I have already raised the issue with dealer, they will raise FTIR. Please help!
Frankly unless you have evidence/ photographs etc showing that the vehicle was received in this condition, no dealer typically will accept any liability. They can say that this could very easily have happened in case you came into contact with the kerb or a paving stone or low divider any time in the last 5000kms.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 20:48   #1888

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Frankly unless you have evidence/ photographs etc showing that the vehicle was received in this condition, no dealer typically will accept any liability. They can say that this could very easily have happened in case you came into contact with the kerb or a paving stone or low divider any time in the last 5000kms.
Hey Shankar, thanks for sharing your opinion. But if the alloy hit anything(divider, stone) there should be hitting marks or damage to the paint, however there is no such thing. The damaged surface has no scratches or paint peel off. I hope you understand this looks to be a case of poor wheel strength. It can happen if the car goes into a pothole at higher speed. The impact force is transferred from the tyre to the wheel which can bend it. That's the only possibility as there are not hitting marks on the bent area!
Jimny_svm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 23:56   #1889
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Difference between stock and Yoko 215s
So far, the only major difference is aesthetics. After now driving another 100 kms on the AT tyres, i feel the stock tyres are absolutely fine as well.
The only reasons to change to AT tyres (regardless of size and brand) would either be aesthetics or extreme off road terrain.
There are smaller differences as well in braking and overall stability. But it isnt enough of a difference to warrant spending 20-30k imo.
I changed to Yoko 215 as well but do notice a slight change in ride (it's better) but FE has slightly gone down and pickup especially up flyovers is not as easy.

One point to note. You have gone for the Yoko 215 white letter tyres which look awesome. However can you confirm these are LT tyres? The white letter tyres were LT (Light truck) spec vs non white letters which were passenger car spec. The difference was huge between these 2.

The LT white letter tyres are heavier by more than 2kgs per tyre. The sidewall is stiffer and the tread blocks are deeper with an additional belt.

The non LT in comparison doesn't look as aggressive as tread depth isn't as much and the sidewall was softer than stock. These tyres are 3kgs more than stock per tyre vs 5kgs more than stock for the LT.

The LT tyres look way better but they have a bigger disadvantage in terms of ride, FE and performance than non LT.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 15:47   #1890
BHPian

Would anyone know how many Jimny's are getting delivered in Bengaluru? I booked on April 1st but haven't recieved any updates (hope the day was not inauspicious).

I also pass the Sarjapur Nexa everyday and have only seen 3-4 Jimny's getting delivered in the entire of August. Wondering if this is a city problem or a dealer problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks