Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2023, 16:22   #1771
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Ended up cancelling my booking and have had a harrowing time following up with Maruti and the dealer for the refund.

This is the first time me / anyone in my family has dealt with Maruti, and what a terrible experience it has been. Honda/VW/BMW are in a different league, and I used to complain about them!

Never ever buying / considering a Maruti car in my life again. I know it won't create even an iota of difference, but here's hoping they pay for such terrible service.

Dealer is Shivam Autozone in Mumbai.

Last edited by andafunda : 24th August 2023 at 16:23.
andafunda is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 17:58   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post

Finally I got my Jimny last week! Driven it now for about 450kms and have a few observations to share.

• I also saw comments on TC being on or off during off road situations. I actually tried this, made videos to help folks out here of same terrain different car settings. I will put that up soon too.
As promised, Here is the video explaining the scenarios of TC on and off on 2H.

prashant316 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 19:23   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
... centre console tray from Seiwa JP.
... front floor mats from Japan.
... Engine hood Insulation pad ... from ANTC Japan.
... vintage style front grille from a seller in Delhi store...
... Farad star nuts to secure the spare wheel.
Useful set of accessories. Would be great if you could share links / contact details and cost for these items.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 24th August 2023, 19:40   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Useful set of accessories. Would be great if you could share links / contact details and cost for these items.

Thanks for sharing!
I have provided details in my last two posts @ 1766 & 1770.
In case you want to know something specific kindly mail me or if you want, I can also mail you.
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 20:25   #1775
BANNED

Quote:
As promised, Here is the video explaining the scenarios of TC on and off on 2H.

https://Youtu.be/v4oWltKTmkc?si=slwfmHF59Fo3z6Fe
Good demo! So TC is automatically turned off in 4H or 4L?
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 20:26   #1776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Good demo! So TC is automatically turned off in 4H or 4L?
Yes it does. In 2H you have to do it manually
prashant316 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 21:21   #1777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post
So at checkout stage, Amazon.co.jp gives you breakup of cost, freight & duty. The duty is 42% on cost+freight.
For front grill as I mentioned, bought locally in Delhi. Reasonably priced selling at Rs 5500-6000 depending on type of logo you want ie SUZUKI or S logo. For this call Rohit @ 78279 75320. Helpful person. Since I stay in Delhi so picked up personally but he will also courier you with extra charges. They come in black & grey colour options.
Thank you. Curious about your hood insultation. naive question: In hotter weathers like Delhi/India, isnt hood insulation a deterent ? Like increase temps of engine ?

Also the sealight h11 lights you have shown in the pic, is it a direct fit ?

Last edited by arjunrudra : 24th August 2023 at 21:32.
Old 24th August 2023, 22:09   #1778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Thank you. Curious about your hood insultation. naive question: In hotter weathers like Delhi/India, isnt hood insulation a deterent ? Like increase temps of engine ?

Also the sealight h11 lights you have shown in the pic, is it a direct fit ?
At times engine compartment heat is so high in hot climate that slowly it rips the undercoat & then the uppercoat paint. The insulation traps the heat & reduces the heat flow to bonnet metal parts. It is not deterrent as air flows from front of the engine & coolant flows around the engine to keep it cool.

Yes, Sealight H16 bulbs are direct replacement to OEM bulbs. H11 & H16 type adapters are broadly same but in case you are buying H11 then make sure H16 is also mentioned in specs. The Sealight F1 H16 is also available on Amazon.in but I found it cheaper on Amazon.co.jp even after paying freight & duty.
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 09:24   #1779
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it does. In 2H you have to do it manually
What exactly is the difference between traction control off mode and traction control maintenance mode (with mid turning orange)?
What exactly switches off when only tc button is pressed for a short while (mid is still white) vs tc button pressed for longer time (mid turns orange)?
Were you in maintenence mode in 2H in second scenario in your video or normal tc off mode?
Old 25th August 2023, 12:08   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidar View Post
What exactly is the difference between traction control off mode and traction control maintenance mode (with mid turning orange)?
What exactly switches off when only tc button is pressed for a short while (mid is still white) vs tc button pressed for longer time (mid turns orange)?
Were you in maintenence mode in 2H in second scenario in your video or normal tc off mode?
I believe the maintenance mode you are talking of is the ESP maintenance mode. That turns off all systems of the car - ESP, TC, ABS.

I was not in maintenance mode. Just the TC off mode.

Though i would try once will maintenance mode and see the difference. I will even need to explore how that happens. It is the mode to be in if you want to power slide your car though.
prashant316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 13:46   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Where did you get the installation done in Bangalore? I need one for my car (not jimmy but Abarth Punto)
This was done at Car Trendz - Mission Road : https://goo.gl/maps/E8WD5YkNf25saBLU7 . They would be able to do this for your Abarth Punto as well. The owner's name is Ritesh and his mobile number is : 9845225194‬ .
ShivC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 14:49   #1782
Distinguished - BHPian

Production-spec Made-In-India Suzuki Jimny 5-door makes its first appearance outside India.

Jimny at the ]Festival Of Motoring' at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit - SA

Quote:
Suzuki Jimny 5-door revealed in South Africa.
It’s manufactured in India and exported to SA.
The South African model gets a green hue similar to Indian Army vehicles.

Maruti Jimny Review-f4srqkdweaamr0i.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-f4tcmesa4aamqux.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-f4tcmekbqaa8pxx.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-f4sgtl7xqaasl5h.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-f4tcmembwaagzbu.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-f4tcmepbwaeeak_.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th August 2023 at 15:00.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 18:24   #1783
BHPian

Quote:

I was not in maintenance mode. Just the TC off mode.
I doubt that normal tc off (not maintainence mode) in 2H helps much other than disabling hill hold (and not actually stop the tc from functioning. Can you confirm please.
Old 25th August 2023, 18:46   #1784
BHPian

Hi guys,
Giving below the feedback of the various accessories and the modifications done.

Maruti Jimny Review-front.jpg
Maruti Jimny Review-rearside.jpg

1.Body colored side flares, bumpers and customized grill. Huge thanks to bhpian Purohitanuj for his very exhaustive and clear video on how to change the grill and where to buy it from. Thank you, mate. Front grill was supplied by The Guysz store. Really prompt and amazing service. And yeah, he is loaded to the gills with Jimny accessories.
2.Under seat sub woofer, amplifier and component speakers in front and co- axial speakers in rear.
3.Osram H4 LED headlights (plug and play) and Bi-Led Fog lamps.
4.Customised noodles mats - DYI.
5.Burnt orange skin fit seat covers.
6.Ceramic coating with 3 year warranty.
7.Complete sound damping of all doors.
8.Under Bonnet Insulation.
9.215/75 R15 Geolander AT
All other accessory works were done by Autograde, Saidapet,Chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Please comment on beam spread of this fog lamp -
I have made a mashup of a shortish video which highlights the entire accessories and the estate trip that I made. Please see light output at 1:33. Fog lamp is Bi LED... And please excuse the BGM.

There are a few shortcomings but overall, I’m more than happy with the Jimny. It is a hoot to drive in the city and the jungles. The Jimny is really comfortable and quick off road. 14 kms of thick forest off road used to take me 2hrs and 45 minutes of jumping in the Thar, but with the Jimny it was just 2 hours of relatively plush ride. And most importantly, the kids and my eighty year old Dad love it .

Maruti Jimny Review-dad.jpg

I have clocked 1800 kms in the Jimny so far.The major downside is the mileage in highways. It hovers at 12 to 13 with speeds of 90-110kKMPH. I wouldn’t mind this mileage if at least the pickup is there but that is not the case and it’s a double whammy. Low pickup and low mileage. Inside city too, in bumper to bumper traffic, the mileage hovers between 7.7 to 8.7 The second irritant for me is the headrest position. It really forces my neck forward so much so that I had to rotate the head rest in the reverse direction for my highway drives. The seat belts are way high and sharp, as if someone is putting a knife to your throat. Finally, the rear door collects a lot of grime and dirt and as the flared arches are fitted with the door, ladies getting in with their sarees are bound to get dirty especially during rains. Maruti really needs to address this issue immediately.
Maruti Jimny Review-reardoordirt.jpg
Safe driving guys.
Neil Roy is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 03:53   #1785
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Hi
I have made a mashup of a shortish video which highlights the entire accessories and the estate trip that I made. Please see light output at 1:33. Fog lamp is Bi LED... And please excuse the BGM.
While the light output looks good perhaps the fog lights need refocusing? You seem to have a dead zone of pitch black up to 3-4 feet in front of your car bumper. I would be more comfortable with the fog lights illuminating everything right up close within inches of the bumper.
Ragul is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks