Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2023, 18:38   #1741
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

https://www.amazon.in/Jimny-Accessor...d_i=B0CC9RVVQ6

Has anyone bought this from Amazon for the rear defogger?
Any reviews of this from members?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Jimny Review-screenshot-20230822-6.37.37-pm.png  

Old 22nd August 2023, 19:49   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Yes I did. Make sure to clean the area with alcohol before you attach them. I would say the fit is about 90%. Leaves few gaps between the body panel and the product. You may use your own slightly thicker double sided tape for a better fit and assurance. Mine haven't come out as yet.
sammysossa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 21:23   #1743
BANNED

Quote:

I could not get it delivered after ordering because the shipper was Delhivery and they have a very automated customer support without any scope of interacting with a human. Basicallly if you are not the customer (the seller is ) you hit a black hole and I gave up trying after one week of daily attempts.

What actually happened was that - My default KYC uploaded on Amazon was rejected and whatever I uploaded directly to Delhivery site in png format was also rejected due to “invalid format”. After one week of daily attempts I just gave up and cancelled the order.
Amazon customer care could not help either as they kept parroting that Customs officer don’t like my existing KYC (Adhaar) for some reason.

Last edited by Ragul : 22nd August 2023 at 21:24.
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 22:20   #1744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
After one week of daily attempts I just gave up and cancelled the order.
Amazon customer care could not help either as they kept parroting that Customs officer don’t like my existing KYC (Adhaar) for some reason.
Same thing is available in Rs. 17xx that gets despatched locally and comes in a few days.

Note: I just wiped with a clean cloth. Not too sure about alcohol as it is a solvent.
IB290 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 22:22   #1745
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB290 View Post
Same thing is available in Rs. 17xx that gets despatched locally and comes in a few days.

Note: I just wiped with a clean cloth. Not too sure about alcohol as it is a solvent.
I thought it was local, and yes the price was 1700/-. I don’t know what was going on TBH…
Old 23rd August 2023, 05:19   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
Yes I did. Make sure to clean the area with alcohol before you attach them. I would say the fit is about 90%. Leaves few gaps between the body panel and the product. You may use your own slightly thicker double sided tape for a better fit and assurance. Mine haven't come out as yet.
Did you try the luggage hooks also?
Please upload any photos that would be useful.
Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 07:04   #1747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysossa View Post
Interesting product, can this be used for other car's? I mean cars without the defogger red wires on the rear hatch window?
Old 23rd August 2023, 07:26   #1748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Interesting product, can this be used for other car's? I mean cars without the defogger red wires on the rear hatch window?
This isn't a defogger. It is just a protection cover to hide the exposed electricals.
starter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 09:06   #1749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Almost all shops that have worked on Jimnys have advised going for an Amp and 4 speaker setup (5.5inch or 6 inch) at the least. Their reasoning is that the head unit itself is not powerful enough to give more voltage to the speakers regardless of their capacity.
Not surprised by your installers comment on the Jimny's head unit capabilities. Most stock car stereos sit anywhere between 10 and 15 watts, sufficient enough to drive the stock speakers. Anything other than stock speakers will drive the amplifier to its limit, which is why you need an external amplifier.

The trouble with a car with not so great NVH or intrusive NVH, even the slightest, is it drowns the results of your new speaker or audio component. I'd pay attention to improving the insulation at places where you can. Bass gets lost easily to poor NVH.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 11:24   #1750
BHPian

Quote:

I had bought the defogger wire cover set from Ubuy as same was not available on Amazon.in in June. Anyway all are made in China & quality is more or less the same. The only precaution to be taken is to first align the cover properly without removing the adhesive tape film, mark it & then remove film to fix it. It is now more than two months & they remain properly fixed.

Regarding luggage hooks available on Amazon, I think they are basically meant for 3 door model boot. The 4 pc set of luggage hooks being sold by MGA are to be used with luggage net. I had ordered these in June but till date MSIL is unable to supply. Received only luggage net which is of no use without hooks.
Rahul Lal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 11:45   #1751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Lal View Post

Regarding luggage hooks available on Amazon, I think they are basically meant for 3 door model boot. The 4 pc set of luggage hooks being sold by MGA are to be used with luggage net. I had ordered these in June but till date MSIL is unable to supply. Received only luggage net which is of no use without hooks.
Same here - luggage net supplied but luggage hooks from MGA on back order. You could buy a similar design on Amazon though, but they cost 4x the MGA parts. I got a set of 4 of the alternative design and installed.
Curious thing - the MGA net is designed not to cover the boot width-wise, but instead, anchor on the rear seats (there are two tiny bars, one each behind the split seats) and I’m guessing, two bolt points at the bottom of the loading lip. I haven’t repositioned the original mounts of my hooks yet - mounted two on each side below the rear quarter glasses, but this isn’t a friendly solution. To screw in and use the loading lip hooks, one would need to lift the boot mat at an angle and stretch the net ‘length-wise’, in effect, securing the luggage only partially if the boot is filled to capacity. I could be wrong and if anyone has had a better learning on the MGA supplied net/hook mechanism, I’d be happy to be corrected.
SUVolens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 12:16   #1752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
I can endorse your travails with Maruti/NEXA one hundred percent! I’m the ‘other user’ raising a stink at Maruti HO since they have been unable to address my Jimny’s wheel and steering alignment issue, going on three weeks now.
I have started escalating now and feathers seem to be ruffling. Let’s see if it’s enough to sort out my problem before I take the car on its maiden journey to Ladakh.
Hi SUVolens, I have created a separate thread on post purchase issues and initial niggles of Jimny. Request you to document your issues and resolutions there for the help of other Jimny owners, users please.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 14:20   #1753
BHPian

Has anyone installed a differential/transfer/gearbox breather kit in their Jimny? If so, please share some details on the same.
megazoid is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2023, 16:11   #1754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Not surprised by your installers comment on the Jimny's head unit capabilities. Most stock car stereos sit anywhere between 10 and 15 watts, sufficient enough to drive the stock speakers. Anything other than stock speakers will drive the amplifier to its limit, which is why you need an external amplifier.

The trouble with a car with not so great NVH or intrusive NVH, even the slightest, is it drowns the results of your new speaker or audio component. I'd pay attention to improving the insulation at places where you can. Bass gets lost easily to poor NVH.
That is the reason why in my audio setup I have the Sony XS-AW8 powered subwoofer connected to the speakers. This has a built in Amplifier as well and the Polk Speakers connected to the Sony do a wonderful job with the sound.

Sound insulation on the doors have not doubt helped but the audio sound on it's own is wonderful.

Link to the Sony Subwoofer page with all details for more specs: https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/c...lifiers/xs-aw8
Old 23rd August 2023, 18:52   #1755
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try the luggage hooks also?
Please upload any photos that would be useful.
Thanks
As of now, I haven't found any use for the supplied luggage hooks (rigid ones). I waiting for the movable ones provided by Maruti; this seller is hugely overpricing his. Sorry, couldn't upload a pic atm, but will do it soon. But I would say, just go ahead and buy it since this is one of the most important soft mods for Jimny owners.
sammysossa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks