Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2023, 13:27   #1666
BHPian

Re: Maruti Jimny Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Can anyone confirm 100% if the auto start off can be switched off natively. Not some hack. Even if it means pressing the setting each time the car is started. It's a total deal breaker if this setting cannot be switched off. Asking for AT Alpha.
Yes, there is. Check this image. “A OFF” is engine auto start-stop off. https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/202...i-jimny-18.jpg

I turn it off as a routine after starting the car and it remains off until the ignition is switched off. It would have been ideal to have this off by default but takes a second to turn it off. This action has now become muscle memory, so it’s really not that major of an annoyance for me.
Biraj is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 13:53   #1667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I have tried without that mat too.
Without the mat, the carpet tends to wear off and there will be a hole in a year's time.
Old 15th August 2023, 19:27   #1668
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a fantastic Independence day OTR.

Spent few hours with the two Jimny-s!

The red one is owned by Bhpian Sadnabrina, shod with Yoko Geolander 215/75 R15 & the Grey one is owned by Bhpian Shourya_lahiri, and this one runs on stock tyres. Both the cars are Alpha MT.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3448.jpg

Few of my observations about the Jimny-

It is best to keep the traction-control off, even on 4-high, unless one is driving on a surface where there are chances to dig in if more power is applied to the wheels.

With the traction control off, the car practically does not stall. When it's on, the chances of stalling increases. This is because whenever the car detects a wheel spin, the power to the wheels get cut.

It will be even better to disable the HHC by pressing the traction control switch for few seconds in 4L. Once it is disabled, the message will be shown in the MlD. This prevents from unnecessary delaying while rocking the vehicle on an incline or slush.

During offroading, this car does not lacks power. We have tested it on inclines, slush, sand and it performed beautifully. To fail a Jimny, one has to get the vehicle beached. Else, I can't imagine of any obstacle where this car won't complete due to the much hyped 'lack of power'. A Jimny with a lift kit & AT/MT tyres can do wonders!

The BLD in front and rear works flawlessly. Just hold on to the revs, the BLD kicks in seamlessly.

This car feels solid & well-built.

On slush, till the running board this car got stuck, as when the Jimny was driven into the mud pit, the driver lifted his foot from the accelerator. But with 10-12 times of rocking the car front and back, it managed to get out of its own. Reducing the tyre pressure, would have helped.

While driving on slush/water with e height of above the door sil, water entered into the cabin through the left door. The water can be drained out by opening the drain plugs located under the carpet.

Stock tyres are more than adequate. 215/75/R15 is a good choice too. Anything above that won't be suggested without a lift kit.

On sideway tilts, the Jimny subjectively felt a bit more tilted due to its narrower width when compared with other wide-bodied SUVs like the Thar.

In nutshell, the Gypsy days are back again, with advanced electronics and much more comfort!

Maruti got this car spot on for it's purpose.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3412.jpg

Mr.Adhiraj Singh checking out the Jimny.

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3413.jpg

Few action pics-

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3417.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3419.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3436.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3442.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3444.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3447.jpg

Pic courtesy- DBhpian SS-Traveller

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3453.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3465.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3474.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3523.jpg

Maruti Jimny Review-img_3530.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 15th August 2023 at 19:38.
Samba is offline   (72) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 20:25   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
With the traction control off, the car practically does not stall.

It will be even better to disable the HHC by pressing the traction control switch for few seconds in 4L.
Spot on observations! Hope, you had a fantastic day with two Jimny MT. Personally, I prefer to drive the AT. Contrary to the conventional notion of MT performing better in OTR, the AT Jimny busted the myth in me. Would suggest you to try the same obstacles with AT in coming days. Awaiting a MT vs AT OTR experience from you.
Blooming Flower is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th August 2023, 21:46   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Did this today. A little bit of light on the shifter panel makes one feel good.
Maruti Jimny Review-copy.jpg
--

Jai Hind!
Maruti Jimny Review-aug15.jpg
Sankar is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 09:01   #1671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Did this today. A little bit of light on the shifter panel makes one feel good.
Request to post a link to the product for the benefit of other members.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 09:01   #1672
BHPian

I have had quite a few woes with Nexa in Chandigarh. I am not sure if appropriate to share on this thread, and request the moderators to move this if needed. My wife had booked a Jimny on 14-Jan and we have been struggling for any sort of engagement from the Nexa team. When trying to cancel, that also does not seem to work. The details of interactions below:

It is preposterous.

It seems I am talking to a BOT instead of a person. You keep calling me sir despite me telling you that it is ma'am.
Please transfer this request to a human to go through the email. I have sent two emails now stating the error message when I cancel the booking. It says "Booking is already cancelled".
Please confirm cancellation and get the booking amount reversed to my account.

Best regards,
#######

On Tue, Aug 15, 2023 at 9:44 PM Contact NEXA <contact@nexaexperience.com> wrote:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Nexa.

We request you to follow the below mentioned cancellation process for cancelling the booking online.

1) Visit https://www.nexaexperience.com/login
2) Enter username & Password to login
3) Go to bookings details & cancel the booking

In case if you face any issue, please write back to us with the booking confirmation receipt and the screen shot of the error being faced during booking cancellation.

Regards,
Team Maruti Suzuki Nexa
Please visit us at https://www.nexaexperience.com”

C89
=========================================
Received: 15-08-2023 20:25
To: Contact NEXA
Subject: Re: Cancellation of Jimny Booking - Receipt# #### CRM:#####

It is not sir. It is ma'am. The receipt and error is attached

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 7:34 PM Contact NEXA <contact@nexaexperience.com> wrote:
Dear Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maruti Suzuki Nexa

We have received your communication regarding the below mentioned concern

However, we request you to send us the following information, to expedite in this case.
• Kindly share the error screenshot
• Order Booking Form or payment receipt

Regards,
Team Maruti Suzuki Nexa
Please visit us at https://www.nexaexperience.com
CN04
================================
Received: 09-08-2023 15:32
To: Contact NEXA
Subject: Cancellation of Jimny Booking - Receipt# ######

Hello I made the following booking for Jimny: JIMNY Color:  Sizzling Red With Bluish Black Roof Dealer's Name:  AUTOPACE NETWORK PVT LTD Booking ########

Hello

I made the following booking for Jimny:
JIMNY
Color: Sizzling Red With Bluish Black Roof
Dealer's Name: AUTOPACE NETWORK PVT LTD
Booking Date: 14-Jan-2023
Transaction Reference No.: ####
Receipt# #######
Today, after 7 months, I am looking to cancel this booking. When I tried to cancel the booking online, it said that the booking was "already" cancelled and that I should get the refund in 3-5 business days.
Can you confirm when the booking was cancelled? Since I made my first attempt to cancel today after my very frustrating experience with Suzuki in general and Autopace Chandigarh in particular. The primary reason for cancellation are:
There has been no reach out from Suzuki/Nexa/Autopace ever since last 7 months acknowledging that there is a booking and there is a delivery to look forward to
There have been no Test Drive vehicles made available till date with expectation to put in 18+ lakh INR into your pockets blindly
In last month or so, when TD vehicles came to Autopace Chandigarh, our 4 visits yielded the following results:
Visit 1 - We were told by the RM - ABC, that TD vehicle is awaiting registration plates - sounds fair
Visit 2 - We were told that TD vehicle is not available on site. We requested that TD vehicle be sent to our home, 7 KM away but were told that TD vehicle was not to go to anyone's home due to high demand
Visit 3 - We were told that vehicle was away to someone's home and that it would be sent to our home the next day - Told by Mr. ABC
Next day we were told that TD vehicle was not to go to anyone's home due to high demand
Visit 4 - We were told that the vehicle had gone to some society for an event and that we should approach Navdesh Auto if we wanted TD
Well, then we went to Navdesh Auto after checking that a TD vehicle was available. Once we reached there, it was said that the TD was not available but if we give them the money, we could buy one.
On requesting a TD, we were told that it would be arranged the next day. On calling the next day, we were told that it will be arranged in another day. It has been 3 days since that as well.

Considering the keenness of Suzuki India to service their customers, I would want to cancel my booking. Please confirm that the booking stands cancelled and by when would the money be credited to my account.

Thanks,
XXXX
XXX XXX XXXX
Caesar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 11:53   #1673
BHPian

Good to see the King in its new Avatar back in action. Observations were spot on.
sdg4wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 11:58   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
I have had quite a few woes with Nexa in Chandigarh. I am not sure if appropriate to share on this thread, and request the moderators to move this if needed. My wife had booked a Jimny on 14-Jan and we have been struggling for any sort of engagement from the Nexa team. When trying to cancel, that also does not seem to work.
Why you want to cancel?

If decision for cancellation is due to the mismanagement of MSIL handling supply chain or the Dealerships asking for premium, try to record the conversation and lead them with your questionnaire to identify the dealership and who is the person (and at what capacity he is working) and what is their demand for delivery. Then publish the recordings on all social media platforms and tag MSIL, NEXA and the top executives of MSIL like Mr. Shashank Srivastava, MoCA etc.

If you didn't like the Jimny or it is not suitable for your use case, and now you are facing trouble for cancellation- send emails to all email ids of the Dealership's escalation matrix (usually they have sales and GM guys of the dealership and regional sales guys of MSIL/NEXA) and mark Cc to contract@nexaexperience.com and post tweets marking both NEXA and Maruticorp. Keep on sending reminders everyday with subject line reminder-1, reminder-2, ... reminder-n till your problem gets resolved. If it still doesn't get resolved, send the mail to Mr. Srivastava keeping all those dunia.com (it's a slang used in corporates where chain mails and long list of Cc culture prevails) people in Cc.

I would suggest to escalate step by step following proper corporate etiquette and avoid harsh communication.

Usually, reminder-1 yields the result.

Last edited by RijuC : 16th August 2023 at 12:01.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 12:59   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Why you want to cancel?
I appreciate your viewpoint and understand that the recommended approach is not to devoid oneself of a good vehicle experience due to a poor pre-sales experience which we will encounter once in say 5 years.
But I feel uncomfortable with the attitude of the dealership that wants me to force them to "sell".
Visiting a showroom and being given a cold shoulder because the demand outweighs the supply is a bit disheartening.
The best I feel I can do, with minimal effort, is step back from this deal and approach a dealership which shows the basic courtesy, even when there is a queue of buyers.
Caesar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 13:08   #1676
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Had a fantastic Independence day OTR.

While driving on slush/water with e height of above the door sil, water entered into the cabin through the left door. The water can be drained out by opening the drain plugs located under the carpet.
This is worrisome! Even the not so refined Thar does not have this issue!! With those fabric carpet it will be a stench fest for sometime to come once it gets wet.

Quote:
I have had quite a few woes with Nexa in Chandigarh. I am not sure if appropriate to share on this thread, and request the moderators to move this if needed. My wife had booked a Jimny on 14-Jan and we have been struggling for any sort of engagement from the Nexa team. When trying to cancel, that also does not seem to work.
Are you trying to cancel or proceed?
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 13:28   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
The best I feel I can do, with minimal effort, is step back from this deal and approach a dealership which shows the basic courtesy, even when there is a queue of buyers.
That’s what I did. When bookings began in January, there was only one dealer in Noida listed on the online portal. This dealer showed no genuine interest in selling the car. Every query was met with generic, boilerplate responses. I firmly believe in not giving my money to any individual or business that doesn’t show the effort to earn it. So, I switched to another dealer in Noida and received a much better response. Fortunately for me, the showroom manager at this second dealership was previously a sales associate at Fiat and I had bought both my Fiats from him. I canceled my initial online booking after receiving a confirmation of dispatch. It was processed smoothly and I received the refund within a couple of days.

Consider escalating your concerns to someone senior within MSIL, preferably someone at or above the regional manager level, especially if you love the product and still want to pursue it.
Old 16th August 2023, 13:33   #1678
Senior - BHPian

The same happened with me at NEXA JP Nagar, though I'm a 'cash-paying' nri. I did not pursue it and left it since I just didn't have the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
This dealer showed no genuine interest in selling the car.
Old 16th August 2023, 14:12   #1679
BHPian

Hi folks,

I have two questions regarding the Jimmy and would love to know from team-bhpians who have driven them in two situations:

1) Hairpin bends while driving uphill and downhill. How does it fare in terms of a) maneuverability b) engine noise c) low-end torque d) braking.

2) How does it fare as a long-distance cruiser in the plains, for example 500 kms, in terms of a) drivability b) driver fatigue c) passenger fatigue d) Can it be considered reasonably comfortable say driving from the East (West Bengal) to say Delhi or Rajasthan?

For reference, I currently have a 2015 Facelifted Thar Crde and it too has a big turning of 5.7 meters, and I think it has to do with wider front track and narrow rear track (Jimmy has it reverse with a narrower front track). Other cars are an i20 Nline (I love it) and an Alto (City duties).

My current Jeep is great. It has run less, is very well maintained. I love the sound of the large 2.5 CRde engine and the unique old-school Jeep look. Now, with the new Thar which has become commonplace, this one has become rarer and it a head turner wherever I go.

However, it is not very practical with 2 doors, lack of boot, security (still maintain a soft top for the old Jeep look) and it is fatiguing to drive for my left leg (clutch) and arms (hard steering) and vibrates like there is no tomorrow.
Old 16th August 2023, 19:04   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
1) Hairpin bends while driving uphill and downhill. How does it fare in terms of a) maneuverability b) engine noise c) low-end torque d) braking.
I just did a 150 km run in the mountains with plenty of hair pin bends.

a) it is extremely agile - the only thing is you'll need to get used to is some extra steering turns and bit of an arm workout. (I come from an Etios / Alto K10 hence...)

b) I drive an AT and did not feel that the engine is noisy or strained at any point going uphill, even on steep sections

c) the AT on uphill hair pin bends would be doing around 2000 - 2200 rpm - but this is very subjective

d) braking on downhill hair pins is smooth and even

Haven't done any highway driving with it so can't answer your other questions. However, the front seats are adequate and comfortable for me (5'6" height). Rear can get bouncy and body roll can be tiring. But I think it all depends on how you drive this car - the rear too can be quite okay.
dileep is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks