Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2024, 00:46   #496
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

I sincerely think the Turbo variants need a price correction to the tune of ~1 lac especially the automatic ones, given the fact that we already have cheaper AT option in 3XO and Citroen is also coming up with C3 AT which will undercut Fronx's pricing by quite some margin. A Delta Plus AT option might also hit that sweet spot because let's not overlook the fact that Fronx looks nothing more than a crossover so it can't command such a high price just for that badge of trust.
Somil07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2024, 12:16   #497
Senior - BHPian

My dad plans to replace his Sonet iMT Turbo Petrol. Rationally (There are some irrational reasons that is driving the need for replacing Sonet, unfortunately can't share those here)speaking there is only one issue with this car, i.e. the low mileage he gets (10 KMPL in Pune traffic, I get 12-14 in same region). Somehow he is not able to extract more mileage from it.

He has shortlisted the Fronx Delta + MT (NA motor) and Baleno Zeta MT. Can you please share your mileage reviews for Fronx NA MT in moderate city traffic (my region rarely has bumper to bumper traffic and I am able to extract 12-14 from Sonet).

Would be very helpful. Thanks!
Old 21st August 2024, 12:35   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
My dad plans to replace his Sonet iMT Turbo Petrol. Rationally (There are some irrational reasons that is driving the need for replacing Sonet, unfortunately can't share those here)speaking there is only one issue with this car, i.e. the low mileage he gets (10 KMPL in Pune traffic, I get 12-14 in same region). Somehow he is not able to extract more mileage from it.

He has shortlisted the Fronx Delta + MT (NA motor) and Baleno Zeta MT. Can you please share your mileage reviews for Fronx NA MT in moderate city traffic (my region rarely has bumper to bumper traffic and I am able to extract 12-14 from Sonet).

Would be very helpful. Thanks!
I've a similar situation at home as well. What I've suggested is that my dad waits for the series hybrid next year and goes for that. The Baleno/fronx will deliver 12-14 in bumper to bumper, but there will be a substantial increase with the series hybrids coming next year. Rumour is that these will deliver 35kmpl claimed, so we should be able to extract 20+ easily
lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 01:03   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Booked Fronx Alpha Turbo MT White ST for Cousin.
Car got allotted on 22nd August and invoiced on 23rd. Yesterday we did a thorough PDI, and everything was fine and satisfied.

As they promised, we got an August 2024 manufactured car in 9 days.

VIN: MBHKWD43SRHXXXXXX

Delivery is fixed for today afternoon. Fingers tightly crossed.
myavu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2024, 02:13   #500
Senior - BHPian

Fronx got delivered by 5:00 PM.

Maruti Fronx Review-img_20240825_170204.jpg

Apart from the standard kit, we opted for rain/wind door visors and illuminated scuff plates.

Some quick observations:

Post 2000 rpm, it's a mini monster.

Very easy to drive around through crowded Delhi roads.

The rear seatbelt alarms are muted if unbuckled and unoccupied.

Boot light is available with a switch.

Equiped with puddle lamps and footwell lamps.

Kudos to RM Mr. Vipin Thapliyal & Team of NEXA, Singla Link Agency, Lajpat Nagar for providing excellent service and trouble-free delivery.

Cheers!

Last edited by myavu : 26th August 2024 at 02:19.
myavu is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 28th August 2024, 10:12   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Fronx ADAS variant spied in India.

Quote:
Other than the ADAS module, recently spied Fronx test mule also gets front parking sensors, something not offered in India.
Maruti Fronx Review-screenshot-20240828-101249.png

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th August 2024 at 10:15.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 10:02   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

Fronx got delivered by 5:00 PM.

Attachment 2646298

Apart from the standard kit, we opted for rain/wind door visors and illuminated scuff plates.

Some quick observations:

Post 2000 rpm, it's a mini monster.

Cheers!
Congrats for the New Car. With better TCD Maruti cars are truly a gem for City driving. White on Fronx looks great !!

Not sure if it's Turbo or NA. However irrespective of that post 2000/2000 rpm most of the cars in general will feel the way you described "monster". Important is to drive safe and achieving best of the mileage from the Car by operating power-plant in rpm sweet spot even if it's not the user criteria. I never felt a need to take my new i20 NA beyond 1400-1600 rpm in the City.

Any fuel saving goes to the Country's saving on crude oil import. There is nothing beyond safety.

Best wishes !

Last edited by graaja : 29th August 2024 at 11:01. Reason: Fixing quote tags
007maverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 14:59   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007maverick View Post
Congrats for the New Car. White on Fronx looks great !!
Thank you
Quote:
Not sure if it's Turbo or NA.
It is Alpha Turbo MT
Quote:
However irrespective of that post 2000/2000 rpm most of the cars in general will feel the way you described "monster".
Yes my NA Beat and Figo too is fast post 2000 rpm. But Turbo engines behave entirely different post Turbo spooling. That too in a light car like Fronx wrt Altroz Racer with almost 20 bhp more. Fronx also have Smart-Hybrid tech for some torque boost under heavy acceleration.
Quote:
Important is to drive safe and achieving best of the mileage from the Car by operating power-plant in rpm sweet spot even if it's not the user criteria.
Obviously. But no harm in having little fun here and there whenever possible without breaking the law, isn't it?

Cheers!
myavu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2024, 11:52   #504
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Confused between fronx 1.2 Sigma manual and brezza LXI manual.

How do they compare in performance and mileage department???

Which one is better investment from long term perspective specially keeping in mind resale value??
Beastyerza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2024, 22:11   #505
BHPian

Can anybody that recently purchased the Fronx put some more light if the below are good deals and worth opting for? Prices are on-road, Bombay.

If not this then I'm mulling to either get the i20 N-Line or the Sonet D AT HTX.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Fronx Review-20240912-21_10_20img20240912wa0016.jpg  

Old 13th September 2024, 13:37   #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post
Can anybody that recently purchased the Fronx put some more light if the below are good deals and worth opting for? Prices are on-road, Bombay.

If not this then I'm mulling to either get the i20 N-Line or the Sonet D AT HTX.
Ex showroom shall be the same for all the dealers. I checked carwale before visiting the dealers. Whoever bumps up the ex- showroom are the ones who give more discount, so i crossed them out.

This is how i negotiated. Checked the ex showroom price, checked the insurance on the policy bazaar. Then i listed out all the accessories which i want to add to the car. Finally, i negotiated a price with all including.

I've booked Delta Plus O variant. I wanted to know if anyone opted for Suzuki Connect for their car. Is it worth it? Can we switch on the AC from the app?

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th September 2024 at 13:41. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks!
Old 18th September 2024, 14:39   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger_Winger View Post

I had recently picked up a Fronx Turbo Zeta AT for my Dad. I had taken quotes from multiple dealers and negotiated aggressively but I never came across anyone quoting an inflated Ex-showroom price. In your case the prices quoted by Dealer B looks similar to what we paid. However the insurance quote even after the discount looks steep. We got the insurance for around Rs.25,xxx/- including RTI, Zero Dep and Engine protection. Also, the extended warranty had only costed us Rs.26,xxx/-.
Old 19th September 2024, 19:38   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
We placed order for the Red Fronx Delta+ (O) MT three weeks ago and finally it will be delivered on the coming week!

Delta+ variant doesn't come with tweeters unlike its more premium siblings. Can anyone weight in on how much wattage tweeter (aftermarket) will be compatible for the stock HU before diminishing returns (We don't plan to upgrade the HU), or is it better to go with OEM tweeter like the one available in the Alpha?

The MGA reverse camera seem too overpriced for a non-AHD camera, saw some BLAUPUNKT options at nearly 1/4 the price for seemingly same quality. What are your setups or is there a more VFM brand/model?
Have you purchased the tweeters? I checked the official accessories site and it has 80W tweeter costing 2690 Rs
Old 22nd September 2024, 09:31   #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueCovert View Post
Have you purchased the tweeters? I checked the official accessories site and it has 80W tweeter costing 2690 Rs
We received the car a while back and we are having a blast with it! I was able to connect with a local shop in Trivandrum where they often do Base to Top model conversions for Fronx, Grand Vitara, Brezza etc. They installed the original Alpha model's factory tweeters on the same factory tweeter cover trim for the car, and it works perfectly.

For the camera we had an aftermarket camera which is a replica of the OEM style angled camera installed. It's also designed to be used in Fronx as it used the same position as the MGA mounting point, and was plug and play to OEM HU wiring. When the MGA camera was very overpriced, this OEM unit costed only ₹1,500 and works perfectly till now.

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd September 2024 at 10:31. Reason: Minor edit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks