Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2023, 18:48   #301
BHPian

Re: Maruti Fronx Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanPitre View Post
Yeah even I'm tempted to buy a Diesel before they disappear altogether. Our first car is a Volkswagen TDI DSG and man does that car pull and pull. But Sonet is the only diesel car with proper auto, and ideally I don't want to spend more than 12L on road. Let's see.
HTX D AT comes to around 15L+ now, but you see what fits. Proper auto box + fuss free ownership in that price range is very tough, you could go for Venue/Sonet DCT for <15L.

As a previous owner of Honda Amaze, it was a terrific car that served me well around 1.4L KMs (with constant issues with AC but otherwise generally good), I would say if Sedan is OK then you could consider Amaze CVT - at least you're getting a proper auto despite all my concerns with Honda.
Old 29th May 2023, 23:50   #302
BANNED

Not sure about other places, but in Bangalore I am already seeing a lot of Fronx.

Last weekend went for a test ride, but came back as I had to wait for 3 people to complete test ride. But I sat in the car and the visibility was much better than the Baleno. Once you adjust the seat height, you can get proper crossover seating.

Maruti Fronx Review-img_20230514_161543.jpg

The car has good road presence especially from the rear and looks like a proper coupe unlike the Nexon and disproportionate Sonet and toy like Punch. At night the rear led bar looks premium, unlike the ugly Taigun rear led bar.

Maruti Fronx Review-img_20230529_234019.jpg

BTW for the people think the Fronx is not SUVish, Nexon, Sonet and Venue all are no different - more hatchback than SUV. IMO If you really want close to SUV experience, Brezza is the only one in the segment

Delta+ and Zeta Manual turbo cost around 11.5 lakh and 13 lakh onroad in Bangalore, which is great VFM in my opinion. But AT should have been available at Delta+.
tarmacnaut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 00:24   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmacnaut View Post

Delta+ and Zeta Manual turbo cost around 11.5 lakh and 13 lakh onroad in Bangalore, which is great VFM in my opinion. But AT should have been available at Delta+.
Damn, car prices are through the roof.
Can’t believe I picked up my S-Cross Zeta AT for 13.3L on road price in October 2019.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 01:21   #304
BHPian

Wow, this is definitely a juicy offering from the Suzuki stable. Tempting to upgrade from my aging Ritz diesel.
Old 30th May 2023, 07:56   #305
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Damn, car prices are through the roof.
Can’t believe I picked up my S-Cross Zeta AT for 13.3L on road price in October 2019.
The Zeta Fronx has 6 airbags while the Zeta Scross had only 2. Additionally, Zeta Fronx has rear AC vents, better infotainment and modern interiors compared to Zeta Scross. Also it comes with boosterjet turbo. So price is balanced IMO.

The 4speed Auto was also lot cheaper than the new 6 speed Auto as it was available for 20+ years. That's how Maruti was able to keep the price down on Scross.
Old 30th May 2023, 13:00   #306
BHPian

Quote:
The Zeta Fronx has 6 airbags while the Zeta Scross had only 2. Additionally, Zeta Fronx has rear AC vents, better infotainment and modern interiors compared to Zeta Scross. Also it comes with boosterjet turbo. So price is balanced IMO.

The 4speed Auto was also lot cheaper than the new 6 speed Auto as it was available for 20+ years. That's how Maruti was able to keep the price down on Scross.
Agreed on all the above features being plus points.
Which car will drive and handle better, and has better build quality, legroom and cargo flexibility? IMHO it is the S-Cross any day.
And maybe it is my age speaking, but the old 4-speed is fine for driving in our cities and highways. Can easily hit and maintain triple digit speeds on the older vehicle.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 13:48   #307
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Agreed on all the above features being plus points.
Which car will drive and handle better, and has better build quality, legroom and cargo flexibility? IMHO it is the S-Cross any day.
And maybe it is my age speaking, but the old 4-speed is fine for driving in our cities and highways. Can easily hit and maintain triple digit speeds on the older vehicle.
Agreed, as a full sized car, mechanically, SCross was extremely value for money, it was made to cruise at German Auto Bahn and is better than Fronx anyday.

But when it comes to features, safety and convenience the Fronx is better for the current Indian market trends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie_socal View Post
Wow, this is definitely a juicy offering from the Suzuki stable. Tempting to upgrade from my aging Ritz diesel.
Ditto here, looking for an upgrade for my Ritz petrol. This seems to fit the bill.

But one thing I noticed that none of the cars currently on sale, including grand vitara give the visibility of Ritz, the glass area/windshield in Ritz is simply unmatched.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd June 2023 at 12:37. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 30th May 2023, 22:27   #308
BHPian

Fronx is nothing but a jacked up Baleno.
I wish the 1L Turbo engine makes up to other Maruti cars like the Swift and the Brezza.
Old 2nd June 2023, 11:12   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Last weekend went for a test ride, but came back as I had to wait for 3 people to complete test ride. But I sat in the car and the visibility was much better than the Baleno. Once you adjust the seat height, you can get proper crossover seating.
Interesting that you found the seating position and visibility much better than Baleno, as I did not find any noticeable difference, even for ingress and egress.
Do you think the looks and the seating position are enough for you to choose Fronx Delta+ over Baleno Alpha/Zeta? You will miss on a lot of features.

On a side note, I am surprised by the lack of content from reviewers about this car. No comparison videos yet, just the initial wave of launch reviews. Is it a case of Maruti not making the car available, or youtubers deciding it's not worth the effort looking at the response?
RohanPitre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:34   #310
BANNED

Quote:
Interesting that you found the seating position and visibility much better than Baleno, as I did not find any noticeable difference, even for ingress and egress.
Do you think the looks and the seating position are enough for you to choose Fronx Delta+ over Baleno Alpha/Zeta? You will miss on a lot of features.
Maruti Fronx Review-inkedfronxseat_li.jpg

Reuploaded the image with arrow pointing to the end of bonnet. As I said, I adjusted the seat height and was able to see the bonnet unlike the baleno.
But there is a catch, the Delta+ does not have seat height adjustment, only Zeta Fronx has it.

Choosing Fronx over Baleno, it depends, I need more Ground Clearance as I live in Bangalore and I also want the 1.0L Turbo for performance.

If GC and performance are not the concern, the Baleno Alpha/Zeta are any day better than the Fronx.

Quote:
On a side note, I am surprised by the lack of content from reviewers about this car. No comparison videos yet, just the initial wave of launch reviews. Is it a case of Maruti not making the car available, or Youtubers deciding it's not worth the effort looking at the response?
Even in team bhp, finding this Fronx thread is really hard as it seems hidden under Official car reviews. Not sure why, most media outlets are busy with the Jimny I guess. But Fronx is available for test ride only in the past weeks, so we should get more content soon I hope.
tarmacnaut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:33   #311
BHPian

Quote:

Choosing Fronx over Baleno, it depends, I need more Ground Clearance as I live in Bangalore and I also want the 1.0L Turbo for performance.
Well if you're buying the 1.0 models, then there's no comparison with Baleno. There's enough differentiation in terms of price, engine & gearbox. In that case I'll compare it more with Nexon, Venue, Sonet & Brezza.
While clearly the GC is better than Baleno, I'm not sure how much difference it will make in city driving. I don't think Baleno scrapes either.

Quote:

Even in team bhp, finding this Fronx thread is really hard as it seems hidden under Official car reviews. Not sure why, most media outlets are busy with the Jimny I guess. But Fronx is available for test ride only in the past weeks, so we should get more content soon I hope.
Hopefully. I was expecting to see a lot of content around this car, but there's hardly been anything after launch.
I'm planning to check out Fronx this weekend, have been planning since couple of weeks 😅
Hopefully they have Delta+ in AMT and Alpha in TC. Though I don't see myself buying the 1.0 models. I'll rather go with Sonet Diesel if I'm paying so much, or even a pre-loved German.
RohanPitre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:48   #312
BHPian

Any sales figure for FronX is available for the May month? With a break up for the 1.0 variants?
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:36   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Fronx is doing very well in the market, sees ~ 10k units/month and helps Maruti Suzuki improve its market share.

Maruti Fronx Review-fxmoszeaiaekcer.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:46   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Fronx is doing very well in the market, sees ~ 10k units/month and helps Maruti Suzuki improve its market share.
First month sales are no guide let's wait a couple of months, I seriously don't expect any Maruti spokesman to say we bombed.
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:46   #315
BANNED

Quote:
While clearly the GC is better than Baleno, I'm not sure how much difference it will make in city driving. I don't think Baleno scrapes either.
Not in Bangalore City driving. Here unscientific, huge speed breakers crop out of nowhere.

My Ritz which has same GC as Baleno (170mm) scrapes and thuds every now and then, so 170mm GC is still not enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks