Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2024, 14:46   #1291
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Anyone facing issue with the DRL? I saw a couple of Vernas where one DRL was not working. A part of the DRL started to turn yellow on both the sides on my car. When I checked with my SA, he said they will be replaced under Warranty. Also, the leather on the steering wheel is also little torn because of single handed usage I guess.
V_Nyx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2024, 17:40   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
Also, the leather on the steering wheel is also little torn because of single handed usage I guess.
I'm experiencing the same issue with my 8-month-old car, which has only 6,500 kms on the odometer. It's quite strange and unacceptable. If I report it, will this be covered under warranty?
Old 26th September 2024, 18:01   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone facing issue with the DRL? I saw a couple of Vernas where one DRL was not working. A part of the DRL started to turn yellow on both the sides on my car. When I checked with my SA, he said they will be replaced under Warranty. Also, the leather on the steering wheel is also little torn because of single handed usage I guess.
DRL issue is quite common. Multiple Verna owners have reported it. Even in my car the DRLs on the sides have started discoloring and turning yellow. Will get them changed under warranty soon. Hyundai seems to be honoring warranty for this.

Another issue that the Verna seems to be plagued with is the coolant reservoir hose. Even after the pipe being replaced by the company I still see that at times the hose slides off its original position and reaches the edge. Though unlikely to come off easily in my case it looks like it did come off at some point and theres visible coolant spray on the apron. So do check your cars for this one as well. Attaching photos for reference

Pipe slipped towards the edge
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0201.jpg

Where the pipe should actually be
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0203.jpg

Signs of coolant spray
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0209.jpg
blackbandit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2024, 18:07   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
I'm experiencing the same issue with my 8-month-old car, which has only 6,500 kms on the odometer. It's quite strange and unacceptable. If I report it, will this be covered under warranty?
I am not sure about it but SA said he would change it as well.
Old 26th September 2024, 18:16   #1295
Senior - BHPian

One the way back from office, I overtook one black 1.5 TGDi and saw both of its DRLs turned yellowish (something like halogen lit). The said cars look only a few months old. Hyundai should do something immediately to their 1.8 million car.
Old 26th September 2024, 19:40   #1296
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
One the way back from office, I overtook one black 1.5 TGDi and saw both of its DRLs turned yellowish (something like halogen lit).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
I'm experiencing the same issue with my 8-month-old car, which has only 6,500 kms on the odometer. It's quite strange and unacceptable
This seems to be an issue with LED strips part used by Hyundai as well as Kia. Kia Sonet and Carens users have complained about DRLs yellowing within 1 year.
Old 27th September 2024, 14:12   #1297
BHPian

Quote:
Even mine turned yellow on both sides. Whenever I see another verna on the road, most of them are yellow, so I thought it was by design.

I'll also check with my SA on this.
Old 27th September 2024, 14:34   #1298
BHPian

Also, I am getting another strange behaviour now. Car doesn't sense the key for a couple of seconds and then it works. Is it because the battery in the key is of less charge or is it some problem with the car? I tried the other key and the behaviour seems to be the same. I rotate my unused key with the active one every three months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
One the way back from office, I overtook one black 1.5 TGDi and saw both of its DRLs turned yellowish (something like halogen lit). The said cars look only a few months old. Hyundai should do something immediately to their 1.8 million car.
True. I think many vehicles are affected and Hyundai should do something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgt.v8 View Post
This seems to be an issue with LED strips part used by Hyundai as well as Kia. Kia Sonet and Carens users have complained about DRLs yellowing within 1 year.
Not just Hyundai and Kia. I have seen the same on Taigun, Kushaq as well. I'm shocked that modern cars are of reduced quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
Even mine turned yellow on both sides. Whenever I see another verna on the road, most of them are yellow, so I thought it was by design.

I'll also check with my SA on this.
The most shocking part is that I see many with one of the DRLs already not working. But I am glad that they replace it under warranty.
V_Nyx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2024, 19:23   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly even I don’t find the quality of Hyundai to be great. Attached is the picture of my i20 which is 2.5 years and 25k kms old and the chrome surface on the steering has already started faded. Did not have this issue with any of my previous cars which had even run close to 1 lakh kms. And its same on other side of the steering too.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3681.jpeg

Last edited by sunikkat : 27th September 2024 at 19:25.
Old 29th September 2024, 19:11   #1300

Hey folks,

I am driving a SX(O) NA version for last 1y3m now. Off late I am observing that after driving in rain or after a car wash, the DRLs, Headlights and turn indicators are fogging from inside. Has some one seen similar issues?

Should this be covered under warranty I will be claiming the same. Will keep posted on the updates next week.

Thanks!
Old 30th September 2024, 20:42   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Honestly even I don’t find the quality of Hyundai to be great. Attached is the picture of my i20 which is 2.5 years and 25k kms old and the chrome surface on the steering has already started faded. Did not have this issue with any of my previous cars which had even run close to 1 lakh kms. And its same on other side of the steering too.

Attachment 2660282
I had Elite i20 Asta(O) 2018 which was far better in terms of quality and longevity of interiors when compared to my new gen Verna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.ga View Post
Hey folks,

I am driving a SX(O) NA version for last 1y3m now. Off late I am observing that after driving in rain or after a car wash, the DRLs, Headlights and turn indicators are fogging from inside. Has some one seen similar issues?

Should this be covered under warranty I will be claiming the same. Will keep posted on the updates next week.

Thanks!
I had similar issue on my Elite i20 where they replaced the dust cap light cover and it got resolved. I am not sure if it is the same case with the new Verna. Please check with SA mentioning the same and it might help.
Old 2nd October 2024, 14:01   #1302
BHPian

Dashcam for Verna DCT

Has anyone got dashcam fitted? Was it done at dealer or outside? It would be great if you could also share the model name and the approximate cost please.
Old 2nd October 2024, 14:58   #1303
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
Dashcam for Verna DCT

Has anyone got dashcam fitted? Was it done at dealer or outside? It would be great if you could also share the model name and the approximate cost please.
I wrote about my install here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08X2RTJJJ

I use "70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam, 2.7K, 5MP IMX335 Sensor, ADAS, Built-in GPS Logger, Route Recorder, App Playback & Share, Optional Parking Monitoring".

I installed it myself. Took about 30 odd minutes.
Old 2nd October 2024, 21:57   #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
Dashcam for Verna DCT

I have a Qubo Pro X installed. Does a decent job. Got it fitted at a local car accessory shop as I was not confident I could neatly hide the wires myself. Connects to the car’s USB/12V port.

Guys, I recently moved from a Pixel phone to an iPhone. The location on Car play map (both Apple map and Google map) is most of the times either faulty or unstable. It is simply unusable for navigation. The maps were fine on Android Auto. Anyone else faced this issue on Apple car play and any possible solutions??

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd October 2024 at 04:30. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 3rd October 2024, 00:10   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna1507 View Post
The location on Car play map (both Apple map and Google map) is most of the times either faulty or unstable.
Please ensure that Maps have the appropriate access to the location, either “always” or “while using the app or widgets”.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks