Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2024, 21:32   #1141

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Did PDI of my new Verna DCT SX(O) thanks to team bhp PDI document.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-verna.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2024 at 17:21. Reason: typos
sharathchelsea0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2024, 09:45   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathchelsea0 View Post
Did PDI of my new Verna DCT SX(O) thanks to team bhp PDI document.
Congrats in advance.

I hope the PDI goes well. Do post your ownership review once you get the delivery.

Enjoy.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2024 at 17:22. Reason: quoted post edited.
Old 5th July 2024, 17:20   #1143

A year already with my turbo beast (SXO DCT) and took it in for the 2nd free service.

The SA mentioned that there was an ECU update that was carried out "1.5TGDi ECU Update" but couldn't exactly explain what happens in this update. I didn't push as it was already late in the evening when the car was delivered and I was getting late. Has anyone got a similar ECU update and know what it is?

The car is running fine but just curious.

Cheers

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-shared-image.jpg
MSCar28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 07:55   #1144
BHPian

Good morning fellow BHPians,

My Turbo DCT has clocked 22k km in the span of 15 months.

This post is regarding a weird sensation I'm feeling for the past two days. When the car is in 3rd or 4th gear around 1300rpm there is very minute power cut that I can feel while driving, many wouldn't even notice but I can feel it. Let's say the car is doing 35kmph and I lift the throttle and the cut happens when I press the throttle again to accelerate. Haven't noticed it before. Haven't escalated the issue to ASC just yet.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2024 at 17:20. Reason: Typos and formatting.
Old 7th July 2024, 14:06   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg5610 View Post
Good morning fellow BHPians,

My Turbo DCT has clocked 22k km in the span of 15 months.

This post is regarding a weird sensation I'm feeling for the past two days. When the car is in 3rd or 4th gear around 1300rpm there is very minute power cut that I can feel while driving, many wouldn't even notice but I can feel it. Let's say the car is doing 35kmph and I lift the throttle and the cut happens when I press the throttle again to accelerate. Haven't noticed it before. Haven't escalated the issue to ASC just yet.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.
This is similar to what i get, seems some clogging or issue with either fuel pump or throttle body or may be sensor, i will be visiting the service centre in a few days to get it checked.

You should get it checked as well if it is affecting driving or mind sanity.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th July 2024 at 17:20. Reason: Quoted post edited.
BudgetFailure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 09:14   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCar28 View Post
Has anyone got a similar ECU update and know what it is?
I too got the 2nd servicing done recently. My SA didn’t mention anything about this ECU update or coolant hose pipe replacement.
Old 8th July 2024, 09:21   #1147
BHPian

Hello Guys, please check out this link which is about the overheating issue faced by some verna 1.5 turbo cars . And there seems to be a solution too.
princemanatt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 23:01   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
A year already with my turbo beast (SXO DCT) and took it in for the 2nd free service.

The SA mentioned that there was an ECU update that was carried out "1.5TGDi ECU Update" but couldn't exactly explain what happens in this update. I didn't push as it was already late in the evening when the car was delivered and I was getting late. Has anyone got a similar ECU update and know what it is?

The car is running fine but just curious.

Cheers

Attachment 2624271
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
I had a close call today. Verna stopped all of a sudden in medium traffic while it was in the middle of the road. Luckily vehicle didnt go to standstill and was creeping as soon as the engine was dead and battery and Engine oil warning lights were turned on. Since it was close to a bus stop and the bus maintained distance from the car I escaped. I managed to bring the car to the left of the road and parked. I tried starting the car for a couple of times and it would start and as soon as it starts the engine goes off and the warning lights appear again. I left it off for few seconds and started the car again and it worked fine. I am not sure what is wrong and I am little afriad if it will occur again. It would be disastrous if there was a speeding vehicle behind me at that time. Has anyone else faced the same issue? any solution for the same?
I enquired about the update to my SA and he said that it is not for all vehicles and only for few which makes me wonder if there is an issue with few units and this update is fixing it. He asked me to come to the service center to get that checked for my car. Hence I visited the service center today and there was an update that was done but the update had the same number as the previous one in the ECU unit.

When I enquired more SA told me that the update is to enhance the throttle response and nothing more than that as he has no more additional info or he isn't allowed to spill more beans about it.

Even I started facing issue with the trottle and it is very evident for me at recent times. I am not sure if this update is going to fix that.
Old 9th July 2024, 11:41   #1149

Quote:
I enquired about the update to my SA and he said that it is not for all vehicles and only for few which makes me wonder if there is an issue with few units and this update is fixing it. He asked me to come to the service center to get that checked for my car. Hence I visited the service center today and there was an update that was done but the update had the same number as the previous one in the ECU unit.

When I enquired more SA told me that the update is to enhance the throttle response and nothing more than that as he has no more additional info or he isn't allowed to spill more beans about it.

Even I started facing issue with the trottle and it is very evident for me at recent times. I am not sure if this update is going to fix that.

Can you describe the throttle issue you are facing? I sometimes feel when the car when been driven for a while... Upon pressing the accelerator, the RPM climbs but don't feel the power delivered matches the rpm level. The SA told me the car is in perfect condition but naturally we as enthusiasts feel even the slightest of niggles and drop in performance. Maybe getting the throttle body cleaned and fuel pump checked will resolve?
Old 9th July 2024, 15:42   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Can you describe the throttle issue you are facing? I sometimes feel when the car when been driven for a while... Upon pressing the accelerator, the RPM climbs but don't feel the power delivered matches the rpm level. The SA told me the car is in perfect condition but naturally we as enthusiasts feel even the slightest of niggles and drop in performance. Maybe getting the throttle body cleaned and fuel pump checked will resolve?
There is much noticeable lag for me in recent times which was not there before. I guess it is the same issue as yours.
Old 9th July 2024, 19:49   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemanatt View Post
Hello Guys, please check out this link which is about the overheating issue faced by some verna 1.5 turbo cars . And there seems to be a solution too.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=zsu9QGV--pQ
I checked the clip; It seems to hold good and there is no spillage or wet hose either; Anyway thanks for sharing this and I will make sure to bring it up in October when I have the annual service of my Verna. So far its been 6000+ kms of smooth driving with performance as well!
Old 9th July 2024, 19:59   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
There is much noticeable lag for me in recent times which was not there before. I guess it is the same issue as yours.
I find it interesting that this issue is happening at the same time to a bunch of us. Let me check with my SA too regarding this
Old 9th July 2024, 20:09   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Did the update solve your issue? Do you feel any differences?
Old 9th July 2024, 21:12   #1154

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg5610 View Post
Did the update solve your issue? Do you feel any differences?
Maybe psychological but the lag seems to be less. I'm on a road trip to Ooty right now and on higher speeds the performance is great...its the lower gears/speeds (3rd, 4th gear/ 30 to 50kmph) where I feel the punch isn't the same as it was in the first month of the car.
MSCar28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 22:12   #1155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe psychological but the lag seems to be less. I'm on a road trip to Ooty right now and on higher speeds the performance is great...its the lower gears/speeds (3rd, 4th gear/ 30 to 50kmph) where I feel the punch isn't the same as it was in the first month of the car.
Can you please check:
  1. Air Filter
  2. Tire Pressure
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks