Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2024, 00:52   #1111
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

I had a close call today. Verna stopped all of a sudden in medium traffic while it was in the middle of the road. Luckily vehicle didnt go to standstill and was creeping as soon as the engine was dead and battery and Engine oil warning lights were turned on. Since it was close to a bus stop and the bus maintained distance from the car I escaped. I managed to bring the car to the left of the road and parked. I tried starting the car for a couple of times and it would start and as soon as it starts the engine goes off and the warning lights appear again. I left it off for few seconds and started the car again and it worked fine. I am not sure what is wrong and I am little afriad if it will occur again. It would be disastrous if there was a speeding vehicle behind me at that time. Has anyone else faced the same issue? any solution for the same?
Old 16th June 2024, 07:54   #1112

Most probably its engine overheating if it starts after a cool off period.
Old 16th June 2024, 09:39   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by melhowl View Post
Most probably its engine overheating if it starts after a cool off period.
But I just drove at a speed in between 80-100 for 30 minutes which is normal and there was no abnormal weather or driving for the engine to overheat.
Old 16th June 2024, 10:51   #1114

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
I had a close call today. Verna stopped all of a sudden in medium traffic while it was in the middle of the road. Luckily vehicle didnt go to standstill and was creeping as soon as the engine was dead and battery and Engine oil warning lights were turned on. Since it was close to a bus stop and the bus maintained distance from the car I escaped. I managed to bring the car to the left of the road and parked. I tried starting the car for a couple of times and it would start and as soon as it starts the engine goes off and the warning lights appear again. I left it off for few seconds and started the car again and it worked fine. I am not sure what is wrong and I am little afriad if it will occur again. It would be disastrous if there was a speeding vehicle behind me at that time. Has anyone else faced the same issue? any solution for the same?
Try getting the throttle body cleaned. It usually happens due to carbon deposits because of bad fuel. I am assuming this is the case where you turn the car on, it starts but loses power immediately? Happened to me while travelling through Gujarat.
v.bhomawat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 10:46   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Hello, Have any of you experienced a constant rattle over bad roads coming from the rear (rear left!?) of the car? I don’t know if it’s the sun blinds or if it’s coming from the door.
I did, and got it resolved. It was coming from rear right wheel arch. The plastic cladding underneath was rattling due to a loose bolt. The SA did some juggad job with and tightened it. It surely is a manufacturing defect, as the bolt shouldn't loosen up so quickly. I'd done merely 4000 Km by then.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th June 2024 at 19:37. Reason: Typos
cityslicker86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 10:59   #1116
BHPian

Hi Everyone!

Adding to the fuel consumption discussion, mine is the 1.5NA IVT, and it has giving a healthy mileage of 14.9kmpl as per the accumulated info for the 9000+ kms driven till date.

My office commute (2 days a week) is 65 km one side (Noida to Gurgaon) and the car easily returns 18-20 kmpl early in the morning. Even while returning at peak time, it returns 16-17 kmpl. Figures are with AC set at 21 degrees (Auto Medium). What I've figured out for achieving optimum fuel efficiency is to maintain constant speeds (sometimes even using cruise control for some stretches in the city). I think the gearbox is to be acclaimed for this as the cvt gearbox maintains low rpms whenever possible.
Old 17th June 2024, 18:41   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Actually, driven sanely, the Verna turbo petrol is a decent performer in the fuel efficiency department. On highway, it is actually much better than the other trims!
Absolutely right, the only caveat is how to keep resisting the urge to floor the pedal. It is that addictive Anyway I had been to Coonoor on a break on my DCT Verna and had a great time. It climbed the famed 36 hairpin bends from Masinagudi without breaking into a sweat and was able to keep with 4WD Isuzu as well! While returning it seems only drivers with Nilgiris drivers can take this route downhill as it is prone to accidents for non locals. So I hired a driver and he managed to extract an outstanding 33 km/l over this stretch. He shifted to manual mode and managed only on 1st or 2nd gear with ease. This shows that the turbo petrol can indeed give a great mileage if driven sensibly.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_5647-copy.jpeg  

Last edited by PeteKing75 : 17th June 2024 at 18:49.
PeteKing75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 19:39   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
While returning it seems only drivers with Nilgiris drivers can take this route downhill as it is prone to accidents for non locals. So I hired a driver and he managed to extract an outstanding 33 km/l over this stretch.
I did not understand this point, why is downhill a problem? Also, the mileage of 33kmpl downhill doesn't mean much as you are hardly racing the engine, it is used for engine braking mostly. You are bound to get those numbers if only considering the downhill part.

A better figure would be a combination of both uphill and downhill. Typically i have seen the car return 10-11 on such stretches. Which is quite decent in my view.
Old 17th June 2024, 21:47   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
I did not understand this point, why is downhill a problem? Also, the mileage of 33kmpl downhill doesn't mean much as you are hardly racing the engine, it is used for engine braking mostly. You are bound to get those numbers if only considering the downhill part.

A better figure would be a combination of both uphill and downhill. Typically i have seen the car return 10-11 on such stretches. Which is quite decent in my view.
Many non Locals Misjudge the steepness of the Hill and end up over heating the brakes.

Due to Brake Failure there were lot of accidents and over speeding.

Local Drivers have the experience to drive mostly in 1st Gear.

"Kalhatty Road" you can search in Youtube. You can watch the interviews of Ambulance drivers and Locals about the number of the Deaths Happened in the road.

Police did try to open multiple times for all public. And there was a Tyre Burst accident on opening day of reopening in 2021 I remember. And after a month they again closed it for all Tourists.

Only TN 43 Vehicles and Ooty Licensed drivers can access the road during downhill.
TonyJames is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 00:37   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJames View Post
Many non Locals Misjudge the steepness of the Hill and end up over heating the brakes.

Due to Brake Failure there were lot of accidents and over speeding.

Local Drivers have the experience to drive mostly in 1st Gear.

"Kalhatty Road" you can search in Youtube. You can watch the interviews of Ambulance drivers and Locals about the number of the Deaths Happened in the road.

Police did try to open multiple times for all public. And there was a Tyre Burst accident on opening day of reopening in 2021 I remember. And after a month they again closed it for all Tourists.

Only TN 43 Vehicles and Ooty Licensed drivers can access the road during downhill.
This is good info, must be great to go over this part.
BudgetFailure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 06:11   #1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityslicker86 View Post
I did, and got it resolved. It was coming from rear right wheel arch. The plastic cladding underneath was rattling due to a loose bolt. The SA did some juggad job with and tightened it. It surely is a manufacturing defect, as the bolt shouldn't loosen up so quickly. I'd done merely 4000 Km by then.
I'm glad you were able to identify the source of the rattling noise. To ensure our SAs are aware of the problem, would it be possible to share any photos of the work completed or a copy of the job report?

My SA has been clueless and tries to downplay the problem. But as we all know, these noises can be quite bothersome while driving.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th June 2024 at 19:37. Reason: Quoted post edited
ShiftingGears is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 17:01   #1122
BHPian

Finally Finalised Verna SX(O) DCT Black Colour.

SA informed me 1 stock is readily available but at the max can get within 1 Month.

Having owned the i20 Starry Knight, choosing the Abyss Black was not a big deal in-terms of maintenance.

Any other Upgrades are recommended?

I have heard negative reviews about the stock tyre that comes with Verna. So that's one thing I'm thinking of upgrading.

Any recommendation on alloys, I felt the NA variant Diamond Cut Silver Alloys went well with the Black Color car than the Black Color Alloy wheel.
Old 19th June 2024, 17:39   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Finally Finalised Verna SX(O) DCT Black Colour.

SA informed me 1 stock is readily available but at the max can get within 1 Month.

Having owned the i20 Starry Knight, choosing the Abyss Black was not a big deal in-terms of maintenance.

Any other Upgrades are recommended?

I have heard negative reviews about the stock tyre that comes with Verna. So that's one thing I'm thinking of upgrading.

Any recommendation on alloys, I felt the NA variant Diamond Cut Silver Alloys went well with the Black Color car than the Black Color Alloy wheel.
Congratulations for booking the best variant of new Verna. Would suggest to change the stock tyres immediately after delivery to Yokohama Blue Earth or any reputed international brand except Goodyear or Pirelli. Speak to any good tyre dealer who offers the best exchange value for stock tyres. Most dealers will accept tyres having mileage below 100 kms. No need to change spare tyre as it's anyways of a smaller size.

Regarding alloys I also feel black allows don't complement Black, Starry Night and Grey color car.
But that's the identity of turbo variant apart from turbo badge outside. So it's best to stick to them, alternatively you can switch to white car.

Would also suggest to install a good dash camera.
jaspal singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 18:02   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal singh View Post
Congratulations for booking the best variant of new Verna. Would suggest to change the stock tyres immediately after delivery to Yokohama Blue Earth or any reputed international brand except Goodyear or Pirelli. Speak to any good tyre dealer who offers the best exchange value for stock tyres. Most dealers will accept tyres having mileage below 100 kms. No need to change spare tyre as it's anyways of a smaller size.

Regarding alloys I also feel black allows don't complement Black, Starry Night and Grey color car.
But that's the identity of turbo variant apart from turbo badge outside. So it's best to stick to them, alternatively you can switch to white car.

Would also suggest to install a good dash camera.
Thanks Jaspal.

I will plan for Yokohoma or Bridgestone.

Can we buy and install Dash Camera in official Hyundai Service Center?

I want to make sure not to void Warranty.
Old 20th June 2024, 10:44   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
I felt the NA variant Diamond Cut Silver Alloys went well with the Black Color car than the Black Color Alloy wheel.
Looks are subjective. I really like the black alloys and feel it goes great with the black car.

Quote:
Thanks Jaspal.
Can we buy and install Dash Camera in official Hyundai Service Center?
I want to make sure not to void Warranty.
If you don't hardwire it, it should not affect the warranty.

I'm not aware of the situation now, but when I bought Verna a year back, dealership and service center denied my request to install a dashcam from them. So I bought one online and got it installed from a car accessory shop.

Folks, on a different topic - I have noticed different behaviour of mute button on steering when connected to Android Auto and Carplay.

With Andoid Auto, pressing the mute button on steering will pause the song also. But with Carplay, it only mutes the volume. The song is still playing on. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a setting to pause the song on Carplay?
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks