Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2024, 10:13   #1051
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Hi,

Does any one know how to mute the loud honking when locking/unlocking the door? Also, how to disable the children crossing alert?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th May 2024 at 12:24. Reason: Punctuation.
Old 18th May 2024, 11:37   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakesht View Post
Hi,

Does any one know how to mute the loud honking when locking/unlocking the door? Also, how to disable the children crossing alert?
Press lock and unlock button together for 3-4 seconds until the hazard lights blink. That’s all it takes!

No clue on disabling children crossing alert. Didn’t feel the need, so never looked it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
the hose connecting to the coolant reservoir is troublesome and they have placed an order for the part to replace the same under warranty.
Did SA mention if this was a one-off case or they have had quite a few reported?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th May 2024 at 12:24. Reason: quoted post edited
MyLife_MyCar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 13:10   #1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakesht View Post
Hi,

You can disable by going to
Settings -> navigation -> alerts -> safety alerts -> daytime/night settings

And then untick the school zone option.
ShiftingGears is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 11:56   #1054
BHPian

Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sensor blinking

I was out abroad on work for a week and had not used my Verna SX(O) DCT) a week before I left, so it was effectively lying unused in my garage for 2 weeks. When I started the car, I could see low pressure warning only for left tyre at 29 psi, but after driving for some 5 kms, it went up to 31 psi, but still the sensor light was blinking. Strangely enough, even the right tyre had 29 to begin with, but the light never blinked for it! Anyway I stopped at a petrol station, filled in some petrol and got tyre pressures for the Verna increased to 34 for good measure.

I am hoping that this is a glitch that gets sorted if I drive regularly again for 3-4 days this week! Has anyone else encountered this glitch? I am 100% positive its not a puncture or anything else but a TPMS glitch maybe due to non usage for 2 weeks. Any inputs or feedback will be highly appreciated.

Last edited by PeteKing75 : 20th May 2024 at 11:58.
Old 20th May 2024, 13:15   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sensor blinking

I was out abroad on work for a week and had not used my Verna SX(O) DCT) a week before I left, so it was effectively lying unused in my garage for 2 weeks. When I started the car, I could see low pressure warning only for left tyre at 29 psi, but after driving for some 5 kms, it went up to 31 psi, but still the sensor light was blinking. Strangely enough, even the right tyre had 29 to begin with, but the light never blinked for it! Anyway I stopped at a petrol station, filled in some petrol and got tyre pressures for the Verna increased to 34 for good measure.

I am hoping that this is a glitch that gets sorted if I drive regularly again for 3-4 days this week! Has anyone else encountered this glitch? I am 100% positive its not a puncture or anything else but a TPMS glitch maybe due to non usage for 2 weeks. Any inputs or feedback will be highly appreciated.
It's more likely fractional values exist for the sensor but we only see whole numbers on the screen. when it falls to some value in the 29.xx range the warning gets triggered and this warning does not go off until you refill around 35-36 PSI. I faced the same issue with TPMS where in only the front left tyre light was blinking and it never went off even though I filled air upto 33 PSI. It used to fluctuate upto 34 when driving but the warning never got reset. On reporting this to the service advisor, he asked me to fill the tyres to 36 PSI to reset the warning. Once I did it, the warning was reset and everything went back to normal. The software logic of these sensors seems to be quite flawed.

Last edited by blackbandit : 20th May 2024 at 13:19.
blackbandit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:42   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post

Did SA mention if this was a one-off case or they have had quite a few reported?
Coolant reservoir Hose replacement is apparently being done on all cars due to a potential bulging issue. Got mine replaced today along with the brake discs and pads.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:59   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Coolant reservoir Hose replacement is apparently being done on all cars due to a potential bulging issue. Got mine replaced today along with the brake discs and pads.
Is there any official recall from Hyundai? Where should I check this?
Old 22nd May 2024, 13:39   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Is there any official recall from Hyundai? Where should I check this?
I don’t have the exact details. But I assume there is a QC related issue and there’s an official recall. Because on enquiring about the hose replacement that was done on my car with the SA, he mentioned it’s being changed on all cars that come for service irrespective of any issue reported. You can probably check with your service advisor and enquire about the same.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 16:02   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Are the brake discs and pads gone so soon? Is that under warranty? Do you think the ADAS has something to do with it really? I went to Hyundai ASS yesterday for the sensor thing and they sorted it by increasing tire pressure to 38. But they did not say anything about the Coolant hose.
Old 22nd May 2024, 16:52   #1060
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You can probably check with your service advisor and enquire about the same.
Thanks and I did just that by pinging on my Whatsapp group, which they had created at time of first service.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-vvv.jpg

Mine is the SX(O) DCT
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2024, 20:06   #1061
BHPian

Greetings,
I have also asked my SA regarding the same but I don't expect them to properly research and reply, has anyone else spoken about this to their respective SA or Hyundai helpline? Please update here. Thanks!
Old 23rd May 2024, 15:56   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Are the brake discs and pads gone so soon? Is that under warranty? Do you think the ADAS has something to do with it really? I went to Hyundai ASS yesterday for the sensor thing and they sorted it by increasing tire pressure to 38. But they did not say anything about the Coolant hose.
I had slight vibrations when braking in high speeds. Hence the pads and two front discs were replaced under warranty. The pads had life and there was no issue with overall braking performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Thanks and I did just that by pinging on my Whatsapp group, which they had created at time of first service.

Mine is the SX(O) DCT
Mine is SX(O) DCT as well. Again I am just conveying what my SA mentioned. I don't really have the exact details if it is for a particular batch or variant. I have attached the details of the exact part that was replaced. The SA mentioned that this was a mandatory part replacement being done on all vehicles as of date and not diagnosis based. Again I am just quoting what I heard from the SA

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_df278b71dc791.jpeg

Last edited by blackbandit : 23rd May 2024 at 15:58.
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 21:40   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I had them replaced at 20K kms as I started to get noise from brakes as the pads had worn off and started giving metallic screeching sound. I suspect it to be because of the ADAS which applies heavy brakes always.

Last edited by V_Nyx : 23rd May 2024 at 21:41.
V_Nyx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 22:45   #1064
BHPian

Greetings All,

Considering to TD Verna Turbo DCT this weekend. Planning for SX DCT to replace my I20 Turbo.

Have a question for people staying in Bengaluru. Anyone faced issues with Ground Clearance in day to day travel?

In Specification its 165 MM and it doesn't look great on picture but wanted to know feedback.

It's the only point keeping me in confusion whether to look for SUV.

And I felt Creta is Expensive with the Turbo DCT version.
TonyJames is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 10:56   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJames View Post
Greetings All,
Have a question for people staying in Bengaluru. Anyone faced issues with Ground Clearance in day to day travel?
I have never faced issues in Bengaluru, but of course I do go gently over speed breakers. It has scraped a monster hump once on the way to Mangalore, but that is since I accelerated a bit before the rear tyre had cleared the unscientifically built monster speed breaker; It will be able to sort out potholes and speed breakers seen in Bengaluru as long as you remember its a long wheelbase sedan and not a SUV or crossover. In that sense, it is not that forgiving of the mistake of speeding over a speed breaker, but that is the case with almost all sedans! Hope this helps.
PeteKing75 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks