Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2024, 16:23   #1021
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Curious how much insurance price is being quoted to fellow members.

For my 1 year old MT Turbo, HAP is asking for 28k whereas external ones are asking around 21k, includes Zero Dep, RTI, EP, KP. Just thinking whether to go with HAP or with external vendors.

Last edited by graaja : 17th April 2024 at 18:24. Reason: Minor typo
Old 17th April 2024, 22:36   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
Curious how much insurance price is being quoted to fellow members.

For my 1 year old MT Turbo, HAP is asking for 28k whereas external ones are asking around 21k, includes Zero Dep, RTI, EP, KP. Just thinking whether to go with HAP or with external vendors.
Renewed mine recently with the dealership, Costed me 29k for Turbo DCT. Didn't want to go for external ones as the claim process would be tedious. I noticed that the IDV takes a hit when they quote low premiums.
amg5610 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 14:43   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg5610 View Post
Renewed mine recently with the dealership, Costed me 29k for Turbo DCT. Didn't want to go for external ones as the claim process would be tedious. I noticed that the IDV takes a hit when they quote low premiums.
I have the same doubt, though the IDV was same in both for me, but is it worth the headache if time ever comes when i have to claim it. I have two more weeks to make up my mind, will do some more thinking and finalise then.

Curious, does it matter which state the insurance is done from ?

PS: on 1 year anniversary my car would have covered 15000 km.
BudgetFailure is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2024, 23:25   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same doubt, though the IDV was same in both for me, but is it worth the headache if time ever comes when i have to claim it. I have two more weeks to make up my mind, will do some more thinking and finalise then.

Curious, does it matter which state the insurance is done from ?

PS: on 1 year anniversary my car would have covered 15000 km.
Since the insurance renewal portal is Hyundai approved It was a no brainer to me as the dealer have no part to play in it. Not really sure about the price difference but interesting question though. Mine has run just shy of 17k km.

amg5610 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2024, 00:14   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg5610 View Post
Since the insurance renewal portal is Hyundai approved It was a no brainer to me as the dealer have no part to play in it. Not really sure about the price difference but interesting question though. Mine has run just shy of 17k km.

Could you please share the portal link? I am trying to find it and can not. I remember once i had received a message and it contained a link to the portal, but i was never able to login into that.
Old 19th April 2024, 12:21   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please share the portal link? I am trying to find it and can not. I remember once i had received a message and it contained a link to the portal, but i was never able to login into that.

I went to the dealership for renewal as it is just a 5 min drive and looked at the options from their system. I don't have the link with me.
Old 19th April 2024, 15:36   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
My suggestion is to go ahead with the dealer's insurance ie Hyundai's. You can contact your SA and get the insurance person. Be mindful of the IDV and add-ons. I got a quote close to market rates so going ahead with Hyundai itself. Has some peace of mind perks.
Grand Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 14:04   #1028
BHPian

Gents and Ladies

Ok another question - apologies beforehand for most probably a stupid query

Regarding the cruise control and setting max speed
I believe - its the same button that operates both , not really getting how it sets the cruise control and max speed . To be honest sometimes getting CC and sometimes max speed.
Pored over the e manual - not really found the solution (might be obvious but I missed it)
Version is SX Manual non turbo
hungrygamer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 16:11   #1029
BHPian

Did very spirited driving on the way to the Bangalore airport yesterday because I was very late to catch my flight. Half way through the airport road ac intermittently stopped cooling. On the straight stretch to the terminal when I floored the accelerator within moments I got engine overheating warning on the console. I let the throttle off and began coasting and it came back to normal in seconds and ac also became alright. I was driving the car in sports mode with full throttle. When my friend drove the car back from the airport it was all good and no issues were observed. Should I get the vehicle checked or do you guys think it is normal. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 23rd April 2024, 16:25   #1030
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Any suggestions are appreciated.
From the manual, which you can download from the Hyundai website:
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-screenshot-20240423-162201.png

I have no idea how you drove the car for it to have overheated like this.

But a friendly reminder, there is no "undo action" in life.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 18:18   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Did very spirited driving on the way to the Bangalore airport
Did the spirited driving also involve heavy traffic and high outside temperature?

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0072.jpeg
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 06:30   #1032
BANNED

My idle start stop off button( bottom right of steering wheel)is turning on automatically when I press brake and stop the car, preventing the engine from turning off.

This I noticed since yesterday night. Anyone facing this issue or know what's wrong?
Old 28th April 2024, 16:38   #1033
BHPian

At what pressure do TPMS starts showing a warning?

Last month, I was coming back from Dehradun to Delhi and on a flyover I heard a loud noise from the left rear. I first thought the car went over a pothole or maybe it was the joint where two sections of roads meet on a flyover.

However this was one unusual sound that I had never heard before. I continued driving and maybe a minute after I stopped at a red light.

Here, I switched to TPMS and it showed rear left tyre at 28 psi whereas all other tyres were around 37-38. Moved the car to a service lane and fortunately there was a petrol pump few meters ahead that had a puncture repair shop.

As I always carry a tyre inflator, I used it to fill up some air in the punctured tyre and drove it to the puncture shop. By then, the pressure had again dropped to 24.

The puncture repair guy did a good job and had all the machines and instruments to repair the puncture. He was also mindful of the fact that this was a TPMS fitted tyre and handled it carefully.

Just curious to know, at what point would TPMS have shown a warning? If I hadn’t checked the pressure at the red light, I would have continued the drive, passed by the puncture repair shop and ended up in a worse situation!

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 28th April 2024 at 16:41. Reason: minor corrections
Old 28th April 2024, 23:43   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
At what pressure do TPMS starts showing a warning?
As per my observation the TPMS shows low pressure warning at 27psi and below.

Had a incident in Kodaikanal where I drove over the edge of the road, might have picked some debris but it wasn't a puncture. Despite getting the pressure back to 35psi the warning did not disappear, inflated to 40psi and then got it down to 33psi.
amg5610 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 10:32   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did very spirited driving on the way to the Bangalore airport yesterday because I was very late to catch my flight. Half way through the airport road ac intermittently stopped cooling. On the straight stretch to the terminal when I floored the accelerator within moments I got engine overheating warning on the console. I let the throttle off and began coasting and it came back to normal in seconds and ac also became alright. I was driving the car in sports mode with full throttle. When my friend drove the car back from the airport it was all good and no issues were observed. Should I get the vehicle checked or do you guys think it is normal. Any suggestions are appreciated.
From my experience, how much ever hard driving I have done, I have never faced engine overheating. And this I am talking about my 8 years old and 90k+ kms run Octavia. And this includes some harsh conditions too. I don’t think the car should get overheat unless coolant was less or some other issues. Suggest you take it to the service center and get it checked.

Last edited by sunikkat : 29th April 2024 at 10:36.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks