Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2024, 17:42   #886

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Congratulations on multiple levels , from being a new member of the group, putting your first post, to acquiring the Verna. May the tribe increase!
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, and I guess this will help me.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th February 2024 at 17:44.
Nightshade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 20:23   #887
BHPian

Finally seeing a real-world installation and effect of fog lamps on the new Verna. I have an itch to go ahead with this as well since the stock lights are pathetic and give no confidence during night drives and because the headlight unit is sealed there is no way to do any kind of upgrades with it and foglamps are the only option to improve the light throw.

The video doesn't show if any wires were cut and how the on/off works.
I have messaged the uploader asking for information for the same and if no wire cutting was done will go ahead and get the foglamps installed for sure.

Edit: received a reply that no wire cutting was done and there are both options for linking it directly to the headlight or a separate switch (it will look kinda bad tho)
Will get the foglamps installed whenever I can make time and update the entire process here.

Last edited by Ruchir031 : 12th February 2024 at 20:34.
Ruchir031 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 22:21   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Will get the foglamps installed whenever I can make time and update the entire process here.
Try to get a bigger bracket like a 2.5 inch or a 3 inch because there is only so much a 2 inch projector can offer. I've got the 2 inch on my car and its brilliant (10X better than the stock) but a 3 inch would have been better.
Old 18th February 2024, 20:17   #889
Team-BHP Support

A stone hit on the Hyderabad ORR has caused a small chip on the top part of the windscreen on my SX(O) DCT.

Since the damage is completely outside the path of the wipers, I am very confident that the "glue" type repair they do at windscreen experts kinda place will suffice.

But just in case, I need to replace the windscreen...does anyone have an idea on how much it costs.

Can the ADAS stuff on the windscreen be removed and installed on the new one or is it tightly integrated into it?
Old 19th February 2024, 15:49   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Excitement Unleashed: My First Team-BHP Post!

I'm thrilled to be here, sharing my first post! Just recently, I had the pleasure of purchasing a new Verna from Hyderabad, and let me tell you, it's been a ride filled with excitement!
Congratulations on your purchase.

Regarding 6th gear => You will mostly use it on highways or occasionally on free roads within the city where you can achieve speed above 65-70 Kmpl (we don't use even fifth gear on our daily commute) .

Run-in period => Today cars are good enough to take on highways from day one. There is nothing like a run-in. Only keep your speed limit to not more than 80-90 kmpl and avoid engine rpm to shoot more. Take frequent breaks.

Hope this helps.

And welcome to the Team-BHP.
satish.gawai is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 12:16   #891

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.

Regarding 6th gear => You will mostly use it on highways or occasionally on free roads within the city where you can achieve speed above 65-70 Kmpl (we don't use even fifth gear on our daily commute)

And welcome to the Team-BHP.

Thank you for the warm welcome and the insightful discussion.

I recently drove on the Nehru Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad to get a feel for how the vehicle performs on highways. As a sedate driver, I kept my speed between 80 to 90 km/h. Adjusting to the 6th gear and the reverse gear in the Verna took some time, especially since my previous vehicle was the Grand i10, where the 6th gear shift was in the reverse position.

I noticed that while the instrument cluster indicates when to upshift, it doesn't provide guidance for downshifting. My wife has found this feature useful when she's driving our old car. Regarding the software update, should we go to the showroom, or is there another recommended approach? Any advice would be appreciated.
Nightshade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 12:58   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Adjusting to the 6th gear and the reverse gear in the Verna took some time, especially since my previous vehicle was the Grand i10, where the 6th gear shift was in the reverse position.
This will take some time to get used to the new gear logic.

Quote:
I noticed that while the instrument cluster indicates when to upshift, it doesn't provide guidance for downshifting.
I understand the indicators really help to be in a proper gear, at least for the new driver but once she gets connected to the car, she will figure out when to downshift before it stalls the car. Again let her spend sometime with the car and get her used to it.

Quote:
Regarding the software update, should we go to the showroom
I don't have this car but it is a good practice to check with the service center (while you go for regular service) for the update. Normally they will update the software if any updates are there. A few OEMs are also sending OTA updates, not sure about the Verna though.

Thanks
satish.gawai is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 17:10   #893

Quote:

I noticed that while the instrument cluster indicates when to upshift, it doesn't provide guidance for downshifting. My wife has found this feature useful when she's driving our old car. Regarding the software update, should we go to the showroom, or is there another recommended approach? Any advice would be appreciated.

It does provide the guidance for downshifting as well. At least, mine does [Verna 2015 S(O)].
MangoMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 17:19   #894

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
It does provide the guidance for downshifting as well. At least, mine does [Verna 2015 S(O)].
Thank you for bringing this to my attention I will double-check to see if the issue persists, considering the possibility that we may have overlooked the downshift aspect. If it doesn’t display the downshift, I’ll contact the dealer.
Old 22nd February 2024, 08:26   #895

Quote:
Regarding the software update, should we go to the showroom, or is there another recommended approach? Any advice would be appreciated.
I recently bought a Verna and did the software update following this: https://update.hyundai.com/IN/E1/updateGuide

All you need is a USB drive and some time. But I think letting the showroom handle it would be more convenient.
strelok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 14:05   #896
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Regarding the software update, should we go to the showroom, or is there another recommended approach? Any advice would be appreciated.
The only s/w updates so far in my car have been via the OTA system.

It will show up that an update is going to happen and it does it when the car is parked.

I am not sure if you need to get the car to the showroom for this.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2024, 17:19   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for bringing this to my attention I will double-check to see if the issue persists, considering the possibility that we may have overlooked the downshift aspect. If it doesn’t display the downshift, I’ll contact the dealer.
2023 Verna doesn't, no option or an upgrade yet. Only up shifts are shown in the manual variants.
BudgetFailure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 14:56   #898
BHPian

Hello All,

I am currently driving my 2011 Chevrolet beat in Pune and will be in the market in a few months to replace it. I was initially zeroed down on the new Harrier but it is now beyond my budget (whopping 32 lakh OTR). I am OK with sedan and shortlisted City, Virtus, Slavia, and Verna.

Though City with 1.5 IVtech is fantastic, the interior does not match with 2024. It also misses on the feature list.

Virtues, beautiful car with great capabilities & timeless design but misses out on ADAS. Don't want to miss out on any feature since I will keep the car for more than 10 years.

Slavia, Again beautiful car, that looks premium in & out (baby Octavia). I would prefer Slavia any day over the rest of the three. But misses out on key features and the reliability of the DSG is questionable.

I visited the Hyundai showroom last week in Wakad just to check out the all-new Verna and was impressed by the looks, space, and feature list; icing on the top is a 5* safety rating. I have been following this thread since then and noticed no big complaints from the owners other than some noise issues or poor lights and a random case of loss of power (I believe it is one of the cases and not for many others).
Now I am seriously considering replacing my beat with Verna (1.5 SXO DCT) but I have a few doubts that need to be cleared out as I am going to keep her for a longer time.

1. Do we have any clarity on when the wireless AA/CP & 360deg camera will be available?
I read that aftermarket solutions are there but that will surely void the warranty (360-degree modification).

Can live with wireless AA but 360 camera should be there looking at the size of the car.

2. Does the Verna provide blind spot monitoring? I believe it doesn't as a 360-degree camera.

3. Can the owner pl confirm the reliability of Verna DCT? Is it a proven gearbox for Hyundai or any new development?

We already have a CVT in our house (kiger) so don't want to go for the IVT (which I believe is CVT only) and since DCT is better on performance, I am considering the same.

4. Does it have an auto headlamp and wipers?

5. Many complaints are there for poor lights and I saw many of the owners are going for the additional lamps/fog lamps. Is it possible to update the headlamp itself with higher-capacity LEDs or something?

Anybody from Pune pl suggest a good showroom for the Hyundai. Is Garve Wakad good or should I try Kundan Hyundai Thermax Chauk?
I visited Garve; the lady looked not interested and said she would call me for confirmation but she didn't take my number.

Appreciate your replies.

Thanks
Satish G.
Old 24th February 2024, 17:07   #899

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
1. Do we have any clarity on when the wireless AA/CP & 360deg camera will be available?
No formal communication.

Quote:
I read that aftermarket solutions are there but that will surely void the warranty (360-degree modification).
True

Quote:
2. Does the Verna provide blind spot monitoring? I believe it doesn't as a 360-degree camera.
Yes, it does have blind spot monitoring.

Quote:
3. Can the owner pl confirm the reliability of Verna DCT? Is it a proven gearbox for Hyundai or any new development?
Has been good till now. They have made changes to their last gen of DCT. However, you should definitely get extended warranty upto 7 years.

Quote:
4. Does it have an auto headlamp and wipers?
Auto Headlamps: yes; auto wipers: no.

Quote:
5. Many complaints are there for poor lights and I saw many of the owners are going for the additional lamps/fog lamps. Is it possible to update the headlamp itself with higher-capacity LEDs or something?
Headlights haven't been an issue for me till now. However, there is no OEM option available to update the lights. You can get fog lamps from aftermarket which do not void any warranty.

Tried my best to answer. Have driven my Black Bounty for 3k KMs during last 2.5 months. One road trip of 700kms. Suggestion for whoever plans to purchase: Please check the infotainment system and rear passenger reading lights for any possible creaking noise.

Thanks,
Naman

Last edited by libranof1987 : 25th February 2024 at 18:19. Reason: Inserting quotes in-line
encounter1209 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2024, 23:29   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A stone hit on the Hyderabad ORR has caused a small chip on the top part of the windscreen on my SX(O) DCT.

Since the damage is completely outside the path of the wipers, I am very confident that the "glue" type repair they do at windscreen experts kinda place will suffice.

But just in case, I need to replace the windscreen...does anyone have an idea on how much it costs.

Can the ADAS stuff on the windscreen be removed and installed on the new one or is it tightly integrated into it?
Same happened to me as well and here is the result of the impact and I am planning to change the windscreen but I am not sure if I will do this anytime soon as I am going abroad for a few months. Please share if you get any information regarding this.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20240209_105945.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20240209_053054049_ios.jpg

Last edited by V_Nyx : 26th February 2024 at 23:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks