Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:31   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Here are a few photos of the output and controls. The lights will work well on days that are clear but I suspect it’ll be less effective when it is foggy or when it rains. I anyway plan on adding the black magics in a month or so to cover that aspect as well.
I hope you avoid using the high beam on that Good output and should be a blessing on the highways even on low beam.

Does the light come in a lower spectrum? Or only in pure white?
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:46   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSCar28 View Post
Hi! I too have a DCT SXO (bought in June 2023) and have been facing the same rattling noise behind the seat/sun shade area. Upon my recent visit to Hyundai ASC, I insisted them to open the seat and look at the lock/hinge that secures the seat, apparently they found something was lose and they have tightened the are with packing. The rattling for now is gone but I'm not sure this is a permanent solution. Were you able to solve the rattling in your car and what was the root cause if you did? Thanks
Oh good. So I am not the only one. Did you remove the plastic cover immediately after taking delivery? Because I have been facing this particular minor rattle ever since doing so. I strongly suspect it might have to do with how the plastic covering was removed.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:55   #843

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Oh good. So I am not the only one. Did you remove the plastic cover immediately after taking delivery? Because I have been facing this particular minor rattle ever since doing so. I strongly suspect it might have to do with how the plastic covering was removed.
You're bang on. I started getting the rattle ever since i removed the plastic covering and I did so on day 3 of taking the delivery. So in a way the plastic covering was acting as a cushion (for want of a better word). This noise drove me crazy for 6 months and I just wouldn't accelerate on the broken Bangalore roads fearing the noise. On my first visit to the ASC they brushed it aside saying its coming from sun shade area but I wasn't convinced. Waited for 6 months for my second trip to the ASC (for some other purpose) and insisted they also look at the rear seat again.

Is yours's resolved? what's the story?
MSCar28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 13:23   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Because I have been facing this particular minor rattle ever since doing so. I strongly suspect it might have to do with how the plastic covering was removed.
Quote:
You're bang on. I started getting the rattle ever since i removed the plastic covering
Well, I never thought of this. Now that you two are talking about it, I'm also in similar situation. I removed my seat covers probably 10 days or so after the delivery, and there was no rattling sound till the time the covers were on!

That sound feels so awkward in an otherwise quiet car!!

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 22nd January 2024 at 13:25.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 13:52   #845

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Well, I never thought of this. Now that you two are talking about it, I'm also in similar situation. I removed my seat covers probably 10 days or so after the delivery, and there was no rattling sound till the time the covers were on!

That sound feels so awkward in an otherwise quiet car!!

I can understand, that sound irritated me no end while my family didn't notice/acknowledge the presence of that rattle as if it was normal i guess people who are super passionate about their cars bordering OCD will notice the slightest of niggle.

I wonder if the plastic cover or how it was removed the main cause of rattle then many would have faced the same problem. Maybe i'm wrong but have only heard this from SXO DCT owners about this issue.
MSCar28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:24   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You're bang on. I started getting the rattle ever since i removed the plastic covering and I did so on day 3 of taking the delivery. So in a way the plastic covering was acting as a cushion (for want of a better word). This noise drove me crazy for 6 months and I just wouldn't accelerate on the broken Bangalore roads fearing the noise. On my first visit to the ASC they brushed it aside saying its coming from sun shade area but I wasn't convinced. Waited for 6 months for my second trip to the ASC (for some other purpose) and insisted they also look at the rear seat again.

Is yours's resolved? what's the story?
I showed the issue to the ASC during the first service, but because I was in a hurry, it was not critical to operation and the overall service was done at express speed, I did not bother. But these posts have enlightened me and will ask the ASC to check it out accordingly.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:06   #847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Has anyone contemplated installing the 360 camera? I consulted with the dealer and they quoted Rs 36000. Any opinions on this and the pricing? The fixture would involve disconnecting the original rear camera but I also need to understand whether the Rear Cross Traffic Collision Alert since this alert also shows on the current rear camera along with the MID.

Yes, I got it installed at Hyundai itself for 27k (DHC) prior to delivery. I'd say the performance is alright - perhaps the ability to zoom in and out would have made it much better. That said, its better than not having front, left or right view at all. I feel much more confident squeezing through a narrow street with cars and bikes parked on either side. Just put the hazard light on and both left and right camera views comes on so then you have the parking sensors + camera views = peace of mind.

That said, how I wish Hyundai had offered the 360 by default on SXO models at this price point. I mean the new Seltos and Creta launched 6 months later gets it.

By the way the ADAS works perfectly fine even with the 360 camera installed so no issues on that front as some else also asked in this forum.
MSCar28 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 23:41   #848

This might be a basic question, but how do I see the current gear in D mode on IVT? On MID it just shows D. Only if I use paddle shifters / manual mode it switches to gear number. I want to see it in auto mode to see what IVT is doing.
Old 23rd January 2024, 00:22   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I hope you avoid using the high beam on that Good output and should be a blessing on the highways even on low beam.

Does the light come in a lower spectrum? Or only in pure white?

Yessir, this is mainly for my highway drives only. And yes, it does come in three colors. However, mine does not have it- I opted out because like I said I plan on installing a spot and a flood hella lights on the car.
Old 23rd January 2024, 06:28   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Here are a few photos of the output and controls. The lights will work well on days that are clear but I suspect it’ll be less effective when it is foggy.

The total cost including the brackets, wiring and the projectors themselves were around 20k.
Could you please let us know the shop you installed the fog and also throw some light on the workmanship
Old 23rd January 2024, 10:45   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strelok View Post
This might be a basic question, but how do I see the current gear in D mode on IVT? On MID it just shows D. Only if I use paddle shifters / manual mode it switches to gear number. I want to see it in auto mode to see what IVT is doing.
The IVT (or CVT) doesn't really have any gears and the number that is shown when you use manual/paddle shifters are just to give you a feel that its changing gears. This might be the reason there is no specific gear shown when it is in D mode.
vignesh207 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 17:57   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
Could you please let us know the shop you installed the fog and also throw some light on the workmanship
I got the setup done from Motofocusz in Chennai, Adyar. I've had the lighting setup for all our cars done by them in the past and haven't faced any issues so far. Very knowledgeable guys overall.
TN07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 14:14   #853

Can anyone post their Typhoon Silver Verna pictures in real life? (If you can't post here, please direct me where you've posted it)

I spotted one at a distance today, it looked very good. I just want to confirm if that's the best color Verna out there.

Also, a S-Cross crashed into a Verna recently, it squashed Verna's entire boot (Pictures for reference).

For a 5 star safety rated car, should this be happening? Or is that something that will happen when someone rear ends your car at high speed?
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_20240126_140512.jpg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_20240126_140429.jpg  

Old 26th January 2024, 15:28   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznuka View Post

For a 5 star safety rated car, should this be happening? Or is that something that will happen when someone rear ends your car at high speed?
FYI, crash testing is not done at the rear for any car if I'm not wrong. Apart from maybe Volvo, I don't think many manufacturers even bother about rear crash worthiness.

Besides, there's nothing you can conclude from these pictures without knowing the various parameters involved in this crash.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 15:43   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznuka View Post

Please see more of this accident ( courtesy Reddit )

The Scross bonnet is heavily damaged and it seems it's a high speed crash. Verna’s Passenger cabin seems intact and most of the damage has taken by the rear end

Last edited by greyhound82 : 26th January 2024 at 16:09.
greyhound82 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks