Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2024, 20:56   #826
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Got our SXO DCT in black on 12th Jan. She is named Night Surfer, complementing our White Surfer quite well. Drove with wife, father and a trunk full luggage from Nashik to Bangalore starting 13th Jan 10am and reached home on 14th Jan by 12.30pm with a break for a quick stay. Happy to see her return a mileage of 19kmpl as per mid. I drove very sedately since it was a long journey and didn't want to strain her in the initial days. I am confident she will return around 17-18kmpl on highways even with some spirited bursts on open stretches.
Here is what I observed in comparison with our White Surfer which is a 2014 Jetta Highline AT.
Ride and handling, under thigh support and overall solid feel inside out are the things that our White Surfer has always made the same journey very stress free over the years.
When it comes to the latest journey in our Black Surfer, the interior ambience, music, light steering and creature comfort features made the journey also enjoyable. The ventilated seats are surely a boon. And the ADAS features also helped in me driving sedately. I just wished the under thigh support was a bit better. Overall, I must admit that I am surprised by what Hyundai has offered at this price point.
Next on the list to pamper here is;
1. Fog lamp addition
2. Window tints and magnetic curtains
3. Trunk mat
4. Paint protection (in dilemma over this)
Any pointers on the above will be very much appreciated.
Safe motoring,
RoadSurfer.
RoadSurfer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 12:35   #827
BHPian

Question to those who have installed the Aero Fin and Rear Spoiler. Can you please help me understand how are these installed ? Screws bolted on or just a double sided tape.

More importantly, do you guys think these are a universal fit and can be installed on the 2015 Hyundai Verna 4S models.
Old 17th January 2024, 13:09   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post
Can you please help me understand how are these installed? Screws bolted on or just a double-sided tape.
More importantly, do you guys think these are a universal fit and can be installed on the 2015 Hyundai Verna 4S models?
The spoiler is installed using glue while aerofins are installed using two sided tapes and screws.

In the Hyundai Mobis portal, the above items are shown specifically for Verna 2023 while universal kits are available aftermarket
Old 17th January 2024, 17:26   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
The spoiler is installed using glue while aerofins are installed using two sided tapes and screws.

In the Hyundai Mobis portal, the above items are shown specifically for Verna 2023 while universal kits are available aftermarket
Thanks. Have you come across a similar shaped spoiler or aero fins online - Amazon or the likes ? The Hyundai ones look nice.

I haven't ventured into the local aftermarket space recently, but will check nonetheless.
Old 20th January 2024, 18:58   #830
BHPian

I always wondered how cars with start-stop button can play music after turning the car off. I always have to turn off the car, then again press the button to bring on the accessory mode to continue the music.

Not sure if other owners have found it out, but today I was fiddling around the options and Voila! This is what I found under general settings:
"Infotainment remains on when the vehicle is turned -off".
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_20240120_141759.jpg

The option was unchecked. I enabled it and now the music keeps playing even after turning off the car. Such a relief!

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 20th January 2024 at 19:02. Reason: Grammatical errors
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 02:01   #831
BHPian

Has anyone enquired and has any info about swapping the Verna's driver display with Creta's driver display?
V_Nyx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 02:22   #832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Has anyone contemplated installing the 360 camera? I consulted with the dealer and they quoted Rs 36000. Any opinions on this and the pricing? The fixture would involve disconnecting the original rear camera but I also need to understand whether the Rear Cross Traffic Collision Alert since this alert also shows on the current rear camera along with the MID.
I thought a lot about getting it. Decided against it in the end.

I asked the dealer to demo any sample installations, and luckily he had a Verna available with it. This unit is from DHC. Got quoted 35K.
  • The quality was okay, but the calibration wasn’t really promising
  • The actual 360 view was a bit too small. The screen gets divided in 3 parts. 360, rear/front, empty black space on the right.
  • Right view wasn’t working on the sample car. I googled and found poor reviews for DHC’s other products
  • They weren’t sure about the impact on ADAS.

Maybe if the quality and fit was better I would’ve gone for it.
strelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 12:46   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
Has anyone enquired and has any info about swapping the Verna's driver display with Creta's driver display?
I'm not sure if this will be possible even though the screen sizes and all are exactly similar. May be Hyundai releases an N Line or updated Verna with the new display it might be possible?
vignesh207 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 12:58   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Anyway, don't expect discounts on new cars with MY24 manufacturing.
Anyone know if the MY24 Verna is different from MY23 in any way? In terms of features, functionality or other tweaks?
Old 21st January 2024, 15:05   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
Anyway to gauge the light output via photos?.
Here are a few photos of the output and controls. The lights will work well on days that are clear but I suspect it’ll be less effective when it is foggy or when it rains. I anyway plan on adding the black magics in a month or so to cover that aspect as well.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3201.jpeg

High Beam

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3196.jpeg

Low Beam

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_3191.jpeg

The total cost including the brackets, wiring and the projectors themselves were around 20k. It is likely to void warranty but it is what it is. I couldn’t really manage with the stock throw.

Last edited by TN07 : 21st January 2024 at 15:07.
TN07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 21:03   #836
BHPian

Could anyone please shed some light about the tuning potential and solutions available for the 1.5 T-GDI DCT Verna?

(i) What is the maximum torque that can be handled by the stock DCT gearbox?
(ii) Is it possible to assign the three drive modes to custom drive modes? - Make the Eco mode even more conservative and sports mode even more enthusiastic.
(iii) Is it possible to deactivate a cylinder (make it a 3 pot - 1.1L engine) to increase efficiency?
(iv) Is such custom tunes (for efficiency/performance) possible by a plug and play solution say like the Race Chip?

Pardon me for any noob questions as I am not adept with the tuning scenario.

And few more questions
(i) When can a facelift be expected?
(ii) When can the N-Line be expected?
(iii) Will the N-Line come in manual?
(iv) In case the N-Line comes with a manual, will it come with rear discs?

Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 01:35   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Here are a few photos of the output and controls. The lights will work well on days that are clear but I suspect it’ll be less effective when it is foggy or when it rains. I anyway plan on adding the black magics in a month or so to cover that aspect as well.

Attachment 2562068

High Beam

Attachment 2562069

Low Beam

Attachment 2562070

The total cost including the brackets, wiring and the projectors themselves were around 20k. It is likely to void warranty but it is what it is. I couldn’t really manage with the stock throw.
This looks usable and very bright. Unfortunately the voiding of warranty is holding me back for doing the same on my vehicle which has a very poor throw.
car_aficianado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 09:30   #838
BHPian

[quote=Aditya94;5703935]Could anyone please shed some light about the tuning potential and solutions available for the 1.5 T-GDI DCT Verna?

(i) What is the maximum torque that can be handled by the stock DCT gearbox?
253 Nm
(ii) Is it possible to assign the three drive modes to custom drive modes? - Make the Eco mode even more conservative and sports mode even more enthusiastic.
(iii) Is it possible to deactivate a cylinder (make it a 3 pot - 1.1L engine) to increase efficiency?
(iv) Is such custom tunes (for efficiency/performance) possible by a plug and play solution say like the Race Chip?

Regarding the customisations, I would like to share my 2 cents with experience from getting my cars modded since 2008, starting from Swift & Dzire with Red Rooster and then the VAG group Skoda Rapid and the Kushaq with Tune o Tronics. The VAG engines and the chassis are very apt for mods and ECU remaps. The torque and power put a grin on your face and the chassis complements it! Suzuki engines are also very mod happy but probably not their chassis. Again the rev happy butter smooth Japanese engines make it a delight.

However, I feel genuinely that Hyundai has got the balance perfect between comfort, features, safety (ADAS and GNCAP) and power. There is no need of further power with the Verna and its chassis. It can handle and deliver the 160 horse power genuinely fast, keeping pace with the more powerful vehicles on the highways! Mileage will be impacted whenever you let the 160 horses loose anyway! Only mod could be cosmetics and maybe the headlight if you are a frequent rubber burner on the highways! Of course if you need more power, there are bigger German sedans and if you want mileage then there is the IVT version or an equally attractive Honda City. But for me, I would leave the Verna as it is! Hyundai engineers have done a great job!

Last edited by PeteKing75 : 22nd January 2024 at 09:40.
PeteKing75 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:01   #839

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranvl View Post
I get some rattling noise from behind the rear seat when going over potholes

I have a DCT SXO

I guess it’s the 2 plastic knobs behind the seat

Anyone with the same issue

Hi! I too have a DCT SXO (bought in June 2023) and have been facing the same rattling noise behind the seat/sun shade area. Upon my recent visit to Hyundai ASC, I insisted them to open the seat and look at the lock/hinge that secures the seat, apparently they found something was lose and they have tightened the are with packing. The rattling for now is gone but I'm not sure this is a permanent solution. Were you able to solve the rattling in your car and what was the root cause if you did? Thanks
MSCar28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 10:23   #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
This issue is now fixed after changing to Hyundai's frameless wipers. They label it as premium wipers. I didn't get the judder issue again so far as I used the wiper extensively for a couple of weeks in the rains.

Attachment 2552280

Attachment 2552281

I got the below message all of a sudden in the console.

Inattentive Driving Warning disabled. Camera obscured

But I did nothing and the camera was not blocked. But the message disappeared after few minutes automatically. Can someone help if you know additional info about this?

Attachment 2552283

I am sorry for the bad quality of the pic.

The wipers indeed look premium!! How can I get these at the Hyundai ASC or otherwise? When I enquired, they had no clue about the frameless wipers for Hyundai Verna. Please help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks