Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2023, 10:27   #766
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bentley View Post
- Brake feel (Subject to getting habituated)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
- Brakes are perfect in the DCT with 4 discs. I cannot comment on the other variants.
+1. DCT with all discs are perfect for me too. However, I do understand that it could be a personal preference for everyone. Let your friend test-drive the Verna and find it out himself.

On a recent trip to Jaipur, I had to apply a hard-braking due to a bus suddenly changing lane without giving an indicator while was overtaking it (I was on right most lane). The brake's response is confidence inspiring and the car was stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The only one I will add is the mileage in my Turbo.
If stuck in traffic it drops to 4-6 kmpl.
Open road it zooms up to over 18 kmpl.
Yes, in the same Jaipur trip, as it was Christmas holidays, I got 5-7 kmpl in the traffic. In Delhi traffic, it's usually 8-10kmpl.
On the highway even I have got to 20+kmpl.
MyLife_MyCar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 12:39   #767
BHPian

Quote:
The 7 kms of bad traffic gives me 6 kmpl, the open ORR gives me 18+.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
I got 5-7 kmpl in the traffic. In Delhi traffic, it's usually 8-10kmpl.
On the highway even I have got to 20+kmpl.
I wonder how you guys resist the temptations to keep this car tamed to achieve these figures. I have not got more than 12kmpl in this car so far I have driven around 6k kms so far and majority of my driving has been on the highways and it’s hard to resist having a heavy foot for me. But I can understand how 18+ should be easily achievable with the car.

On a side note Coming from a diesel figo my fuel expenses have almost doubled. But since I bought the car with the right expectations it did not surprise me much. But it is something to note if someone is concerned with fuel economy and mileage figures especially if they are switching from a diesel vehicle.
Old 30th December 2023, 13:14   #768
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with all the answers from blackbandit.
+1
One point I would like to mention is that the drive info trip meter resets if the engine is off for more than 3 minutes. Thus, getting the fuel economy for a long distance drive becomes difficult. This setting of 3 minutes should have been much more …. maybe like the Sonet which resets after 4 hours.
This is in no way a con though.
gpagedar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 14:55   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
I wonder how you guys resist the temptations to keep this car tamed to achieve these figures.
I achieved this on NE4 where traffic is sparse, road is smooth and speed limit is 120. This expressway has no use-case for sports mode (yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
One point I would like to mention is that the drive info trip meter resets if the engine is off for more than 3 minutes.
Yes, that's one gripe I have. If we are on a road trip, it becomes difficult to keep a track of km travelled.
Old 31st December 2023, 01:27   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
Thanks for your suggestion. There was a problem in fixing the fog lamp as the time was very limited for me as I am going on a road trip next week. Hence, I thought I would try the aux lamps and so went with Hella Black Magic 3.2 Spot beam

The round trip covered a distance of 1300 kilometers to Wayanad and back to Chennai (during Cyclone Michaung - more on this later), and it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable journeys I've had recently. I'm sharing this post belatedly due to being caught up in personal and work commitments post the trip. The Verna became the focal point of our group discussions throughout the journey, and everyone was eager to be a part of the ride. With a group of 24 members and five cars, there were lively debates about who would have the privilege of riding in the Verna.

The ride itself was exceptional, and the Verna proved itself as a reliable companion. It generated ample power when needed, and the comfort level with five passengers on board was remarkable. Notably, the Verna smoothly navigated speed bumps without any scraping when approached cautiously.

Factory fitted lights are inadequate for me and so I had to install Aux lamps which helped me in the night drive. I used only in places where it is necessary and it helped a lot. I am attaching a video too but I am not sure if the video does justice as it doesn't show the complete difference as the mobile camera adapts to the light and adjusts itself. I will share a better video may be later.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ang-Oz1Beckrg49A...AyM5w?e=lPbEnw

Roads from Bangalore to Mysore were too good. Especially NICE road helps you to make use of ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) as it has a speed limit of 60 KMPH for a certain stretch and relax a bit. One thing that I really loved in the roads of Bangalore were the speed breakers which are not like a short hump but like this /TTT\ which makes the sedan to go through them easily.

Also there were many broken roads and nowhere Verna let me down and the ride quality was appreciated by every passenger in the car.

I am glad that I made the right decision of getting Verna because I am loving the revs and the DCT gearbox in this machine and the way it pulls off and every ride.

When we returned from the trip 04-Dec-2023 at 4-5 AM there was severe storm and heavy rain. I desperately wanted to go home as I missed my 6 months old baby. I checked each road before entering with the vehicle coming in the opposite direction and proceeded with caution. Once I entered a Toll road which is always busy it was empty for most of the stretch and I became extremely frightened for few minutes as I wanted to cross a bridge and a lake nearby the road which might fill and overflow into the road. Then I saw few vehicles coming in the opposite lane and made sure there was no issue and proceeded further. I was about to take a service road after the toll road and it was flooded near the subway and so I quickly took a reverse and escaped the water and went the other way and reached home safely by God's grace.

But as soon as I entered my parking my brother was holding one of the two gates and the other gate hit my car before I could enter inside the parking which made a dent near the rear door. Since electricity was not restored and the battery has drained at home, I wanted to take my child to my relative's home nearby and when I drove Verna in a couple of feet of water the engine splash shield came off. I have placed order for the same and I am waiting for the parts to arrive.

End of the trip Attaching few pics:

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-vil-road.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-en-route-mysore.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-bhandhipur.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-verna-rear.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-me-verna.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-verna-woods.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-resort.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-nice-road.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-rain1.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-gate-crash.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st December 2023 at 08:55. Reason: Please run a spell check before submitting posts. Thanks :)
V_Nyx is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 09:49   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bentley View Post
A question for all those who are well acquainted with the 2023 Verna.
Its been 9 months since the Verna was launched. Any notable issues with it?

All the issues (if I can even call them so) I could find were:
- Inadequate Headlight throw (An upgrade would solve this)
- Brake feel (Subject to getting habituated)
- Squeak near the AVN (only seem to be appearing in near off-road conditions)

Are there any issues or concerns that I missed that needs a second thought before buying the car?
I am a happy Verna DCT owner since October and having owned a modded Skoda Rapid TDI before this and a Fabia, I can definitely vouch for the performance, comfort and riding dynamics of the new Verna. They are spot on and you will not be disappointed. It also feels very secure like a "European" car. Headlight throw is OK for 80% of the scenarios and not the best for sure. Brake feel is fantastic and coupled with the ADAS, it is better than most cars. I have not heard of any squeaks really. The engine when not floored feels almost like an 'electric' car, since it is very refined too. The combination of features, power and comfort makes it the #1 sedan in its segment, in my opinion.
PeteKing75 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 11:31   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I am a happy Verna DCT owner since October and having owned a modded Skoda Rapid TDI before this and a Fabia, I can definitely vouch for the performance, comfort and riding dynamics of the new Verna. They are spot on and you will not be disappointed. It also feels very secure like a "European" car. Headlight throw is OK for 80% of the scenarios and not the best for sure. Brake feel is fantastic and coupled with the ADAS, it is better than most cars. I have not heard of any squeaks really. The engine when not floored feels almost like an 'electric' car, since it is very refined too. The combination of features, power and comfort makes it the #1 sedan in its segment, in my opinion.
Aptly summed up the characteristics of the car. Incidentally, a couple of days ago, I had the rare opportunity of parking my Verna next to a Fiat Linea in my office parking. And I had a long look at both the cars. As a former owner I always used to think that the Linea looks pretty substantial for its size but was I proved wrong ! The Verna looks quite appealing even standing next to the Linea, a nice mix of "sporty" low- slung front end and wider, "heftier middle and rear end.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st December 2023, 23:22   #773
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone facing issue with the wipers? It judders a lot (driver side wiper). I changed the wiper to frameless and even that has the judder issue. Is there anything that needs to be done to fix it?
This issue is now fixed after changing to Hyundai's frameless wipers. They label it as premium wipers. I didn't get the judder issue again so far as I used the wiper extensively for a couple of weeks in the rains.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4560.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4559.jpeg

I got the below message all of a sudden in the console.

Inattentive Driving Warning disabled. Camera obscured

But I did nothing and the camera was not blocked. But the message disappeared after few minutes automatically. Can someone help if you know additional info about this?

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-5c809b7a50214bf08a9e0b44354c79b5.jpeg

I am sorry for the bad quality of the pic.
Old 1st January 2024, 00:23   #774
BHPian

Quote:
I got the below message all of a sudden in the console.

But I did nothing and the camera was not blocked. But the message disappeared after few minutes automatically. Can someone help if you know additional info about this?

Attachment 2552283

I am sorry for the bad quality of the pic.
I had seen some video recently wherein the car was being driven in foggy conditions and the same warning appeared. Do not recall where I saw the video. It says camera is obscured so it might be due to dirt or mist build up on the windshield or some other reason due to which the camera couldn’t capture a clear image
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 09:52   #775
BHPian

I am looking forward to repalcing my 2017 Creta D Manual with a turbo automatic. Verna ticks all the boxes except the headlights and non availability of wireless carplay. Looking forward to seeing if things change in 2024
bharanidharang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 12:00   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
I am looking forward to repalcing my 2017 Creta D Manual with a turbo automatic. Verna ticks all the boxes except the headlights and non availability of wireless carplay. Looking forward to seeing if things change in 2024
Quite frankly , neither are huge deal breakers. The Verna headlights are better than the Creta, ( 2020 model) and the cornering lights are quite useful actually.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 12:34   #777
BHPian

Yesterday, I completed 2000 km on my journey to Alwar. Unfortunately, I didn't have time for extended road trips; instead, I satisfied the itch by driving the car to Alwar and back via NE4 on weekends. I consistently achieve a fuel efficiency of around 16-17 km/l. The ADAS features are all active and is working as expected.

Quote:

As per my knowledge, there is no frontal driver facing camera for drowsiness detection. During my stint in JLR ADAS in 2015, we used frontal driver facing camera to detect human eyes, closing time etc and other facial features as patterns for an ML decision making system but recently there are robust deep learning systems but compute load is a bit heavier compared to classical machine learning. Hyundai version of this ADAS is using lane watch camera to detect anomalous driving pattern as per online materials

Additionally, I have made some cosmetic modifications to the car.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_1575.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_1573.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_1574.jpeg

Last edited by greyhound82 : 1st January 2024 at 12:49.
greyhound82 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 13:44   #778
Senior - BHPian

I am getting really tempted to add the red skirting under the front bonnet on my ( White) Verna. Hopefully it will accentuate the sportiness rather than make it look gaudy.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 14:20   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post

Additionally, I have made some cosmetic modifications to the car.
It's looks really nice. Adds character to an already great looking car

I was really tempted to get these at delivery but worried how these would fair on our "scientifically" made humps and "unscientifically" developed potholes
Grand Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 10:18   #780
BHPian

Hi Guys!

Firstly, wishing everyone a very Happy New Year. Hope 2024 be as auspicious and prosperous for everyone as possible and hope you all bid adieu to 2023 in the best ways possible.

Bidding adieu to 2023, I decided to do it with a bang. In brief, I got the delivery of my Hyundai Verna on the last day of the year.

I had been looking for a car for a month and have been trying and test driving cars all across segments, but alas, the heart affixed on this.

I bought the SX IVT White Verna.

First impressions are in the works and will be published soon in a separate thread.

Till then, have a peek at the 'MOON KNIGHT'.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_9750.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_9778.jpeg
Archie_27 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks