Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2023, 22:22   #751
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Unfortunately I’m not on Instagram so I didn’t see this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Not sure how I can order this since I don’t get the option on their site. They only show covers for the earlier Verna model. Unless I’m missing something.
Old 25th December 2023, 23:52   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
So Hyundai makes one for the car? Is it available on the Mobis site?
There it is: https://hyundaimobisin.com/products/...-cover-premium
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 04:38   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
Not sure how I can order this since I don’t get the option on their site. They only show covers for the earlier Verna model. Unless I’m missing something.

It's not listed on their website, but it's mentioned on their Instagram (that's why I included the Insta link). You can try contacting them either by phone or email.

I'm using a Hyundai original cover for my car, but it seems to attract scratches. Long term users can comment on this better
greyhound82 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 15:14   #754
BHPian

Hi everyone, I'm currently owning a Hyundai i20 and in plans to move to a sedan and currently considering the Sedan Trio of City, Virtus and Verna.

I have a specific question for Verna regarding the headlights.

Is the Headlights powerful enough during Rains and Fogs. How is the experience if anyone has encountered.

I'm a little bit skeptical about the lights since it doesn't have Fog Lights in newer version and hence would love to hear some feedback or advice on this.

And has anyone tried to upgrade their headlights? If yes can you share details and their efficiency.
Old 26th December 2023, 20:21   #755
BHPian

I had written to Neodrift to check whether they make car covers for the Verna 2023 and they shared the link.

https://www.neodrift.in/products/cop...42468175052975

Regards,
gpagedar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 19:06   #756
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJames View Post
Hi everyone, I'm currently owning a Hyundai i20 and in plans to move to a sedan and currently considering the Sedan Trio of City, Virtus and Verna.

I have a specific question for Verna regarding the headlights.

Is the Headlights powerful enough during Rains and Fogs. How is the experience if anyone has encountered.

I'm a little bit skeptical about the lights since it doesn't have Fog Lights in newer version and hence would love to hear some feedback or advice on this.

And has anyone tried to upgrade their headlights? If yes can you share details and their efficiency.
Light output is just average. The car deserves better high beam. I would be upgrading the lights soon. Aftermarket fog projector brackets are available now.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20231224_174810.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 22:15   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Light output is just average. The car deserves better high beam. I would be upgrading the lights soon. Aftermarket fog projector brackets are available now.

Attachment 2549814
Thanks. This is really good news. Could you also share where this bracket can be obtained from please? Also, where can we get the projector fogs to use with this? Thanks in advance
Old 27th December 2023, 22:27   #758
BHPian

I did a drive from Bangalore to Vaniyambadi to down some sumptuous biryani and Ceylon parotta (sorry no pics of the food )

Maintained a speed of 90-100 with the ACC doing duty after the turn at Krishnagiri. Was rewarded with a mileage of 18kmpl which is a shocker:
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20231227_221226.jpg

I'm quite frequent on this route since I love the drives to Krishna Inn in Shoolagiri and Sree Saravana Bhavan before the Krishnagiri toll. While I get some really good mileage while going there 15-16kmpl, the mileage drops on the return journey to 12-13kmpl. Any thoughts about this?

The drives are mostly in eco mode with a "once in a while" change to comfy or sports for an occasional "Goodbye" getaway

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:37. Reason: Rearranged attachment. Please use the insert picture tab below the test you intend to have the picture.
Grand Tourer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 01:08   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
I did a drive from Bangalore to Vaniyambadi. While I get some really good mileage while going there 15-16kmpl, the mileage drops on the return journey to 12-13kmpl. Any thoughts about this?
As per me, there are mainly 2 reasons
1. Bangalore is at altitude of @920m, while a quick Google search says Vaniyambadi is at 370m. On my recent drive to Chennai, I did realise this constant downward elevation which helps in coasting.
2. I assume you start early morning for the journey towards Vaniyambadi, ambient outside temperature during when, is much cooler and the HVAC of the car is not much loaded. This equation changes completely by the time you start your retum journey.
RoadSurfer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 07:19   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I too faced similar sound and thought it is from the cluster. The sound is present only during early morning / body is cold. I found out the sound is from driver side sunvisor area. When you hear this sound, Please try this to confirm: Press the visor tight and check if the sound goes off.
I did check, the click click sound seems to come from the dashboard & the dual display screen.
Old 29th December 2023, 11:14   #761
Senior - BHPian

There is a Hyundai showroom close by and Ive been intrigued by this Hyundai Verna 1.5 Turbo DCT for a while now. Ive seen it ‘take off’ during a couple of highway trips. It is easily able to keep pace with my old Cooper and match my Thar for power in many ways. So we went and experienced it first hand this morning.

Frankly, this is a real cut above the typical Hyundai or one’s mental impression of one. These new age Hyundais deserve the kudos and recognition they get.

The car feels positively ‘European’ in terms of Quality and Design and definitely as good as, if not superior to, these new age Skoda or VW designed-for-India vehicles. Upon taking a very short experience-drive, I was quite taken up with the thrust and power delivery from the get-go. Also worth mentioning are the fit, finish and finesse inside the vehicle, the excellent under thigh support both in the front and rear, the tactile feel of all the buttons and the overall feel of ‘durability’ that I encountered. The seat covers too are made of the faux leather and feel very long lasting.

The engine and gearbox are well mated. The safety features and electronic aids feel built to last and not flimsy. One actually feels the G Forces from the 4 cylinder160bhp engine and the 250NM of torque is evident the way the car pulls away unhesitatingly. The DCT gearbox is responsive, as are the little paddles. Amazing kick down! The 4 disc brakes clearly offer plenty of stopping power. The car feels well-planted at speeds.

The boot space is humongous and the space design is really up there despite this being a very nicely proportioned and compact vehicle. There was frankly only one ugly thing- the fat silvered plasticky door handles which seemed a little visually disproportionate though very handy to catch hold of.

Much has been written about the ‘vault-like’ door-opening-and-closing-feel’ of European cars. Well yes, this is true of the last generation, but not any longer because of the over-riding considerations of lightness and fuel efficiency. The doors of the new age BMWs and Mini Coopers etc feel quite light. And this Hyundai Verna feels equivalent.

Suffice it to say that I came away very well-impressed overall and if Im in the market for a well built and value for money sedan, this car is definitely worthy of active consideration.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4396.jpeg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4395.jpeg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4397.jpeg  

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_4398.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th December 2023 at 11:19.
shankar.balan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 12:17   #762
BHPian

A question for all those who are well acquainted with the 2023 Verna.
Its been 9 months since the Verna was launched. Any notable issues with it?

A close relative of mine is looking to upgrade his 12yr old i10 to the new Verna. When asked for my opinion about the Verna, I was all positive about the car. I would say I'm a little bit biased towards The Verna. I'm a Sedan guy, and I feel Hyundais are better balance between reliability, cabin feel and performance. The Verna nailed the the safety aspect too.

Before confirming my opinion to him, I Just wanted to cross check with the Auto-Bible, TeamBHP if there are any niggles with it. I've gone through all the 50+ threads and its all praises for the car!

All the issues (if I can even call them so) I could find were:
- Inadequate Headlight throw (An upgrade would solve this)
- Brake feel (Subject to getting habituated)
- Squeak near the AVN (only seem to be appearing in near off-road conditions)

Are there any issues or concerns that I missed that needs a second thought before buying the car?

Last edited by Mr.Bentley : 29th December 2023 at 12:19.
Old 29th December 2023, 13:34   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bentley View Post
A question for all those who are well acquainted with the 2023 Verna.
Its been 9 months since the Verna was launched. Any notable issues with it?

A close relative of mine is looking to upgrade his 12yr old i10 to the new Verna. When asked for my opinion about the Verna, I was all positive about the car. I would say I'm a little bit biased towards The Verna. I'm a Sedan guy, and I feel Hyundais are better balance between reliability, cabin feel and performance. The Verna nailed the the safety aspect too.

Before confirming my opinion to him, I Just wanted to cross check with the Auto-Bible, TeamBHP if there are any niggles with it. I've gone through all the 50+ threads and its all praises for the car!

All the issues (if I can even call them so) I could find were:
- Inadequate Headlight throw (An upgrade would solve this)
- Brake feel (Subject to getting habituated)
- Squeak near the AVN (only seem to be appearing in near off-road conditions)

Are there any issues or concerns that I missed that needs a second thought before buying the car?
If I had to comment.

- Headlight throw is not inadequate. It is good enough for normal driving conditions. Average is the word I would use. And yes the Cornering lamps are quite handy and make up to a good experience.
- Brakes are perfect in the DCT with 4 discs. I cannot comment on the other variants.
- Wouldn't call them squeaks. The sounds are more like sparks for me or like sand between plastic and these are definitely present after a drive on bad roads. But they are very minor (you would hardly notice them in most cases) and they often get resolved by themselves.

No other niggles or issues faced by me so far touch wood. I would recommend the car anyday to anyone that is looking for a sedan. It's an allrounder in its class.

Last edited by blackbandit : 29th December 2023 at 13:37.
blackbandit is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 14:43   #764
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bentley View Post
I Just wanted to cross check with the Auto-Bible, TeamBHP if there are any niggles with it. I've gone through all the 50+ threads and its all praises for the car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
If I had to comment.
My car has done a little over 2000 kms.

I agree with all the answers from blackbandit.

The only one I will add is the mileage in my Turbo.
If stuck in traffic it drops to 4-6 kmpl.
Open road it zooms up to over 18 kmpl.

The distance between my home and office is 18 kms.
Some 11 kms of that is on the Hyderabad ORR. Speed limit 120 kmph.
The 7 kms of bad traffic gives me 6 kmpl, the open ORR gives me 18+.

The car is very well put together and I am enjoying every trip.
bblost is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 23:51   #765
BHPian

Some observations- Completed first service at 2400kms. Delayed due to various reasons including travel and medical. Hyundai service center had to use a different jobcode to enable this in their system. Thanks to them.

Issues reported to service adviser-
#AC cooling.
#TPMS error.
#Unable to complete OTA update.

Back from a 800 kms drive today, 90% express way and 10% city. Mileage varied between 18kmpl to 6kmpl. Driving comfort and overall performance is the highlight. No rattles or squeaks yet. Ground Clearance is just about enough, wont scrape most bumps as long as we take it cautiously.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks