Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2023, 12:16   #736
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Recently did a trip Bangalore-Mangalore. This was my second trip on the same route in the Verna. The roads have deteriorated quite a bit due to ongoing road expansion work. And after this drive I hear a strange creaky noise coming from the dashboard. It’s coming from the piano black instrument console panel as far as what I can make out. The same noise had occurred once before but it resolved on its own. Seems like this time it has not resolved on its own and it’s getting quite annoying. Has anyone else faced the same issue ?.

Another thing I am currently observing is after the trip the front left wheel has gathered a lot of brake dust. The other wheels are fine.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 12:19   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
It’s coming from the piano black instrument console panel as far as what I can make out. The same noise had occurred once before but it resolved on its own. Seems like this time it has not resolved on its own and it’s getting quite annoying. Has anyone else faced the same issue ?.
I am getting some noise from the said dashboard on and off from day 1. Checked with SC he said nothing can be done about it. Let me know if you get a resolution? Seems its a fit and finish issue with the panel.
Old 21st December 2023, 13:26   #738
BHPian

Quote:
I hear a strange creaky noise coming from the dashboard. It’s coming from the piano black instrument console panel as far as what I can make out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
I am getting some noise from the said dashboard on and off from day 1
Even I have faced this, although not from the console (I'm assuming you're referring to the part where buttons are present), but from the infotainment screen. If I press the panel surrounding the screen, it makes a squeaky noise. Otherwise there is no sound from dashboard. I started noticing this sound only after having driven the Verna over a very rough patch (read off-road ) for quite a longer duration.

Secondly, I do get vibrating sound sometimes from the rear when going over a rough patch. I feel it's coming from the rear-screen curtain where the parts might be rubbing against each other. Unable to diagnose. It's kind of on-off, meaning, doesn't happen everytime.

On a separate topic, has anyone felt steering wheel getting heavier on switching to the sports mode? I know the Verna steering is light otherwise (not as light as Honda City though), but sports mode does make it feel different to me (in a good way)
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 14:26   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Even I have faced this, although not from the console (I'm assuming you're referring to the part where buttons are present), but from the infotainment screen…
Yes this is the exact same sound. Kind of like thermocol rubbing against each other. The roads I traversed definitely classify as off road cause it was almost inexistent for a decent stretch and the sound is always there now. Before even I used to get it when I pressed the trims.

The steering does weigh up slightly in sports mode. But it is still quite light compared to say my Figo 1.5. Maybe thicker wheels will result in better feedback.
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:56   #740
BHPian

To all Verna fanboys/fangirls out there:

greyhound82 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:46   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Recently did a trip Bangalore-Mangalore. This was my second trip on the same route in the Verna. The roads have deteriorated quite a bit due to ongoing road expansion work. And after this drive I hear a strange creaky noise coming from the dashboard.
That is a bit scary. I also drive down to Mangalore from Bangalore and the stretch from Sakleshpur to Yettinahole is a nightmare even for SUV's, let alone sedans like Verna! Some of the pot holes are literally so big and deep! Did the car scrape anything or perhaps went over a pothole or speed breaker fast? I go slowly in this stretch, but did scrape a monster speed breaker slightly near Nelyadi at a very low speed, after clearing the front tyres. There was no damage or creaking sound luckily! I will be interested to know what Hyundai ASS have to say. They are usually quite good to sort out any such issues as I know.
Old 22nd December 2023, 14:54   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
That is a bit scary. I also drive down to Mangalore from Bangalore and the stretch from Sakleshpur to Yettinahole is a nightmare even for SUV's, let alone sedans like Verna! Some of the pot holes are literally so big and deep! Did the car scrape anything or perhaps went over a pothole or speed breaker fast? I go slowly in this stretch, but did scrape a monster speed breaker slightly near Nelyadi at a very low speed, after clearing the front tyres. There was no damage or creaking sound luckily! I will be interested to know what Hyundai ASS have to say. They are usually quite good to sort out any such issues as I know.
Well, I drive via Charmadi, Belur. And unfortunately this time even this road was ruined from the foothills of Charmadi all the way till Madantyar due to road expansion works. No potholes, but more of very rough patches of almost inexistent roads and lots of diversions. These kind of roads tend to be fine overall but cause vibrations in the cabin and I believe this is the reason for the creaks to start. I was thinking of driving via Shirdi on the way back but I guess I will have to stick to Charmadi considering what you have experienced. And I have not scraped the car till date. I might have been conditioned driving the lowered Figo that scraped every hump if not taken cautiously and maybe I am more cautious these days even in the Verna .

On he same note the sound seems to have resolved on its own now. It definitely took longer than last time though. But I can see this being a potential issue on the long run.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 15:26   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Even I have faced this, although not from the console (I'm assuming you're referring to the part where buttons are present), but from the infotainment screen. If I press the panel surrounding the screen, it makes a squeaky noise.
Yes this is the same noise I am talking about. I guess there is no solution for it.
Old 24th December 2023, 14:46   #744
BHPian

The auto start stop seems to always stay off in my car for some reason this past week. Does anybody know what the issue could be?

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_2812.jpeg

In addition to that, I’m getting warning messages for engine oil levels, oil filter and alignment. The car however was serviced only a 1000 kms ago and there are no lights on the cluster. This only seems to appear on the app. Is it best to consult with the service centre or are these false alarms? Thank you!

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_2813.png
Old 24th December 2023, 17:16   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Recently did a trip Bangalore-Mangalore. This was my second trip on the same route in the Verna. The roads have deteriorated quite a bit due to ongoing road expansion work. And after this drive I hear a strange creaky noise coming from the dashboard. It’s coming from the piano black instrument console panel as far as what I can make out. The same noise had occurred once before but it resolved on its own. Seems like this time it has not resolved on its own and it’s getting quite annoying. Has anyone else faced the same issue ?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
I am getting some noise from the said dashboard on and off from day 1. Checked with SC he said nothing can be done about it. Let me know if you get a resolution? Seems its a fit and finish issue with the panel.
I too faced similar sound and thought it is from the cluster. The sound is present only during early morning / body is cold. I found out the sound is from driver side sunvisor area. When you hear this sound, Please try this to confirm: Press the visor tight and check if the sound goes off.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 10:30   #746

This post is a request for help/start discussion on possibility of having a Hyundia made 360 camera fitted onto the Verna.

One of the things that I have been missing in my Verna since I got it 6 months ago is the 360 camera. Since I often navigate narrow roads and have to park in tight spaces this would be a very useful addition.

The obvious way to have a 360 camera system is to go for an aftermarket system installed and have it feed into the reversing camera feed, in which case it'll be displayed in the infotainment system whenever the reversing camera is engaged. Ignoring the quality of these aftermarket products, the main draw back is that it doesn't enable Blind Spot View monitoring system, a feature seen in Hyundai cars with 360 camera system where if you turn on the left turn indicator, the video feed from the left side camera will be displayed on the instrument cluster and vice-versa (e.g. image from Tuscon).

This is a hardware limitation in the current Verna as Blind Spot View system requires the instrument cluster to be a full LCD screen, whereas the existing instrument cluster has only the small central portion as LCD and the right and left parts around it though digital are not screens. Hyundai seems to have decided to keep the costs in check and gave the half-LCD (more like quarter-LCD) cluster and then decided 360 camera is not worth in when half of the features (Blind View Monitor) cannot be enabled, the other half being the 360 feed in the infotainment system which can still be enabled.

So the additional hardware elements that can enable this functionality are a full LCD instrument cluster, ORVMs with cameras and a front camera. The question is, how can one get the right parts that fit the Verna? Well,
1. find parts from Mobis that are used in other Hyundai cars like Alcazar and see if it fits,
2. find Verna/Accent in other markets that has 360 camera functionality,
3. find similar cars in other markets that use similar instrument cluster and ORVM.

Here is what I found so far:
1. Alcazar, Tucson and Seltos have a full screen 10.25in instrument cluster. Out of the 3, the Tucson screen seems to the more rectangular one resembling closest to the Verna's cluster. But I think Hyundai is not stupid enough to design 3 different screens of the same size for these cars and under the hood these are be the same part.
2. Verna/Accent I found in Philippines also has the same instrument cluster. And not many markets are getting this car. My quick research shows no luck here, but if anyone has seen otherwise please do correct me here.
3. The one car I found in other LHD markets with similar instrument clusters and similar ORVMs is the i30N Premium Sedan sold in Australian market (it's an Elantra for RoW). It has a very similar dash and ORVMs to that of Verna.

Finally coming to the software, I'm pretty sure the software already has the functionality required to support these accessories given a similar infotainment system is seen across multiple Hyundai cars, especially overseas, but it might be disabled by default for this Verna which will require enable of the added accessories.

I would like the help of the BHPians in figuring out if these modifications can be done to enable 360 camera and the Blind Spot View Monitor. Please do add yours suggestions and comments.

(On a side note, one ideal way if Hyundai is kind enough is that they release an N-line soon with these additional features and I could directly get them fitted onto my ride. Any BHPians with their little birdies that could chirp these details help figure this out?)
StrikerK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 21:27   #747
BHPian

Has anyone bought a car cover for their 2023 Verna? Have been scouting the net but could not find any cover for the new model.

Any pointers would help.
Old 25th December 2023, 21:45   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
Has anyone bought a car cover for their 2023 Verna? Have been scouting the net but could not find any cover for the new model.

Any pointers would help.
Even I tried looking for a cover on the net but couldn't find any (this was 6 months ago).

So, decided to get the official car cover from the dealer itself. Though costly, it performs well. Whenever I have to travel out of town, I wash the car and cover it. Even after 5-6 days the car is free of dust and retains the same shine.

Can't comment on its water-proof quality though, as I have a covered parking.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 21:51   #749
BHPian

Quote:
So, decided to get the official car cover from the dealer itself.
So Hyundai makes one for the car? Is it available on the Mobis site?
Old 25th December 2023, 22:12   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
Has anyone bought a car cover for their 2023 Verna?
Any pointers would help.
Try TPH covers. Their Verna 2023 cover :https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cqcwv...ZhZTZiNWI3Nw==

Home Page :
https://www.tphcovers.com/pages/about-us
greyhound82 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed