Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2023, 09:49   #691
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Hello BHPians. My Verna was delivered on 12th Oct. Now in the app it is showing a service being done on 03rd Oct for bill of zero rupees. Dealership is claiming that it is PDI. But I have never seen PDI being shown as service. And dealership system (GDMS) is not showing any service done at their end. Mail to Hyundai was diverted to the dealer. Is it really PDI? Can anyone confirm if PDI is shown on service history.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_0192.jpeg

PS. My car reached the dealership yard on 3rd Oct as per the info given by my sales advisor that time.

Last edited by harikr : 9th December 2023 at 09:50.
Old 9th December 2023, 11:10   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikr View Post
Hello BHPians. My Verna was delivered on 12th Oct. Now in the app it is showing a service being done on 03rd Oct for bill of zero rupees. Dealership is claiming that it is PDI. But I have never seen PDI being shown as service. And dealership system (GDMS) is not showing any service done at their end. Mail to Hyundai was diverted to the dealer. Is it really PDI? Can anyone confirm if PDI is shown on service history.

Attachment 2541149

PS. My car reached the dealership yard on 3rd Oct as per the info given by my sales advisor that time.
I have a year old Hyundai. Recently noticed on the Hyundai app, that like you, I had a service record prior to delivery date with an odo reading of 10km. I did check and clarify, with service guys and they said indeed a job card is opened for PDI.
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 11:21   #693
BHPian

Quote:
My car reached the dealership yard on 3rd Oct as per the info given by my sales advisor that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
with service guys and they said indeed a job card is opened for PDI.
Same with me . They had a dealership transfer for my car . Screenshot is attached below

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_1506.jpeg

Frontier CRM told me it’s the PDI

Last edited by greyhound82 : 9th December 2023 at 11:23.
greyhound82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 11:47   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I did check and clarify, with service guys and they said indeed a job card is opened for PDI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post

Thank you for the quick reply. Was starting to worry if I got a repaired car. It’s then good to see that Hyundai records even PDI. But a mention that it is PDI could have been good.
harikr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 12:10   #695
BHPian

Quote:
It’s then good to see that Hyundai records even PDI. But a mention that it is PDI could have been good.
I too was worried, but as my PDI was done with the help of Zekardo they cross-checked panels, stamping, and paint quality and even used an OBD scanner to check the errors and get ODO info. I was a bit confident about the car's quality. I escalated this to CRM and she told me that this is a PDI process.

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:42. Reason: Typo.
Old 9th December 2023, 19:08   #696
BHPian

Hello! I came across the polling for Team BHP COTY'23 but couldn't figure out how to vote. I'm new to the forum and I couldn't find any faq related to it. Can somebody guide me please.
Old 9th December 2023, 21:51   #697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg5610 View Post
Hello! I came across the polling for Team BHP COTY'23 but couldn't figure out how to vote. I'm new to the forum and I couldn't find any faq related to it. Can somebody guide me please.
Since you are a newbie, certain things are restricted for you such as sending DMs and voting in polls.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 13:17   #698
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2541149

Maybe its a new process as many members confirming the same. But for me (2016 Verna) its not showing in the service history. Service history starts from my 1000 km 1st service.

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:43. Reason: Typos.
Old 10th December 2023, 19:57   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Same with me . They had a dealership transfer for my car .

Wonder why it is appearing so late in the app if the PDI / transfer is happening before delivery? I took delivery on the 30th November and the service history only shows the 1st General check up done post 1000 kms.

In fact the service history shows the record of every visit to the Service Center even if it is just for a car wash.
Old 10th December 2023, 20:21   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
In fact the service history shows the record of every visit to the Service Center even if it is just for a car wash.
My car was an internal transfer between the dealer. I found a mismatch of 20 kms between odo meter and ECU reading(OBD scanner) during PDI which is again the kms they drove from the yard of the other dealer. As PDI was bullet proof, I didn't think much about this. It was surprising that in all three cases the entry was around 9 km
Old 10th December 2023, 21:23   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Are the headlamps really that bad? I too am going on a road trip this Saturday and this makes me a bit apprehensive.

Regards,
I did a trip from Bangalore to Pondicherry. Return trip start time was around 2pm from Pondy. Lights did well in the dark parts of the highway before I did Krishnagiri and even after that, it was fine. Didn't face any difficulty. Did you go for your trip? Any feedback?
Grand Tourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 21:50   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Did you go for your trip? Any feedback?
Yes, I am currently in the 2nd leg of my trip in Murudeshwar having covered Virajpet a few days ago. Leaving for Goa tomorrow.

I found the headlights to be quite adequate during my short night journey from Madikeri to Virajpet (approx 30km). Found the headlights assist and cornering lights to be quite good.

Last edited by gpagedar : 10th December 2023 at 21:52. Reason: Spelling correction
gpagedar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2023, 22:39   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Tourer View Post
Did you go for your trip? Any feedback?
Quote:
Yes, I am currently in the 2nd leg of my trip in Murudeshwar having covered Virajpet a few days ago
Wishing you guys a safe and a wonderful journey. How is the car behaving on highways? How is the ground clearance?
I am waiting for a long road trip to experience this fast sedan.

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:43. Reason: Typos.
Old 11th December 2023, 07:13   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Wishing you guys a safe and a wonderful journey. How is the car behaving on highways ? How is the ground clearence?
I am waiting for a long road trip to experience this fast sedan.
The car drives beautifully, is comfortable, with good steady acceleration. One doesn’t realise when the speedometer touches 100 kmph.

I found it good to drive on the twisties too. Drove it between Madikeri and Virajpet 2/3 times and to Jog falls too. Car is stable even at high speeds with minimal body roll.

Many on the forum felt the brake was not confidence inspiring but I felt otherwise.

I am still to come to terms with the forward collision breaking feature and it scares the hell out of you when it breaks sharply when you least expect it to. It is worrisome that this sudden breaking may lead to rear ending. Probably needs a change in our driving style.

The AC is great (which was the deal breaker for us when considering VAG cars) and cools the cabin within 10 mins in the afternoon from 35 deg C.

We keep finding reasons to go for a drive and take it for a spin.

I am sure you will enjoy the drive. Happy motoring.

Last edited by gpagedar : 11th December 2023 at 07:25. Reason: Spelling correction
gpagedar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 09:53   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Drove it between Madikeri and Virajpet 2/3 times and to Jog falls too. Car is stable even at high speeds with minimal body roll.
Were you traveling in a black or starry night Verna yesterday near Hunsur around 4.30 PM or so? I was returning from Madikeri in my Kushaq and noticed the car in the opposite direction.

There are still not too many Verna's out on the road and it does bring in an additional 'wow' factor.
PeteKing75 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed