Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2023, 07:28   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
Suspension is very sorted and it is a smooth experience overall. I can compare with my Skoda Rapid that I sold and it is much more comfortable at lower speeds. Even if I compare with the Kushaq it would be on par if not better at lower speeds, and at higher speeds Kushaq might be a bit more comfortable with the extra GC and the stiffness playing their part as well!
The best thing to do is take a TD of the Verna over similar roads as the Brezza to get an actual feel.
Let me also add that it would not be a true comparison between the Brezza and the Verna since the CSUV would likely have a bit longer suspension travel. So the definition of perceived stability over various surfaces is different. But for a sedan, the suspension is sorted out- not very taut, not too soft.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 18:26   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGetz View Post

The discounts shown in your screenshot on higher variants, are above 1 Lakh (quite substantial). In percentage terms they hover around 6 percent.

I will try to check up on dealer discounts as I hope to schedule a Verna test drive this month.
I checked this with my dealer, this is on March to July models that are in stock with the dealers. Old inventory is getting this discount.
Old 5th December 2023, 00:34   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
ON/OFF switch is near the steering. I use that to turn them off if someone is blinded by the light. I switch it ON and then OFF in a sec to mimic a dipper.
Curious on battery load, does it affect ISG performance?
Old 5th December 2023, 20:20   #679
BHPian

I traveled to Tirupati recently and had a great journey overall from Bengaluru. Mileage, performance and comfort was very good. While returning, I was pleasantly surprised to get an audible ping accompanied by a message that also appears in the digital console of the dashboard - "Time for a break" or something like that. Has anyone else got this and any idea when this appears? I seemed to get it after an hour of traveling and covering 70-80 kms on the expressway.

It was not too intrusive and I actually took an additional break as well, which I might not have if I had not heard the ping!
PeteKing75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 21:38   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone else got this and any idea when this appears? I seemed to get it after an hour of travelling and covering 70-80 km on the expressway.
I too got the warning during the last road trip. Are they taking a steering angle too?
Old 7th December 2023, 08:30   #681
BHPian

Quote:
I was pleasantly surprised to get an audible ping accompanied by a message that also appears in the digital console of the dashboard - "Time for a break" or something like that. Has anyone else got this and any idea when this appears?
I have got the message multiple times during my current road trip. Also realised that I was feeling a bit drowsy at those time. Does it have a camera installed that checks the attention level of the driver?
gpagedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 08:34   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I traveled to Tirupati recently and had a great journey overall from Bengaluru. Mileage, performance and comfort was very good. While returning, I was pleasantly surprised to get an audible ping accompanied by a message that also appears in the digital console of the dashboard - "Time for a break" or something like that. Has anyone else got this and any idea when this appears? I seemed to get it after an hour of traveling and covering 70-80 kms on the expressway.

It was not too intrusive and I actually took an additional break as well, which I might not have if I had not heard the ping!
This is the Driver Fatigue/Attention Warning. I think it takes distance, continuous steering angle amongst other inputs. I got it for going 3 km on an inter city road driving for 10 min , seems I was driving pencil straight because of a slow truck ahead.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 14:13   #683
BHPian

Quote:
While returning, I was pleasantly surprised to get an audible ping accompanied by a message that also appears in the digital console of the dashboard - "Time for a break" or something like that. Has anyone else got this and any idea when this appears? I seemed to get it after an hour of traveling and covering 70-80 kms on the expressway.

We recently got a verna and the vehicle is full of pings!! Speed/Seatbelt/blindspot/take a break and way too many to count. There was one for speedbreaker and school too

Ive shut off everything related to ADAS, but my wife wanted the reversing ones.left untouched, so a few pings while recersing as well. Went for the SXO as only that had the rear disc breaks, now wondering if i shouldn't have!
Old 7th December 2023, 14:48   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Damodaran View Post
We recently got a verna and the vehicle is full of pings!! Speed/Seatbelt/blindspot/take a break and way too many to count. There was one for speedbreaker and school too

Ive shut off everything related to ADAS, but my wife wanted the reversing ones.left untouched, so a few pings while recersing as well. Went for the SXO as only that had the rear disc breaks, now wondering if i shouldn't have!
The rear disc brakes work really well and the Turbo is addictive. The blind spot pings is useful in my opinion! The "Children crossing" ping can be disabled from the Navigation. Speed alert is now set for 80 and continuous beeps at 120 KMs for all new cars and there is nothing we can do about it! For the additional premium, SXO seems good.
PeteKing75 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 14:56   #685
BHPian

Quote:
The rear disc brakes work really well and the Turbo is addictive. The blind spot pings is useful in my opinion! The "Children crossing" ping can be disabled from the Navigation. Speed alert is now set for 80 and continuous beeps at 120 KMs for all new cars and there is nothing we can do about it! For the additional premium, SXO seems good.
Yeah, I removed the school ones. I come from driving a Mitsubishi Cedia/Pajero sport. Just find these things too distracting!
A nice enough car though. And hopefully doesn't throw up DCT issues like the VW twins

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:45. Reason: Typos.
Sandy Damodaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 15:01   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Damodaran View Post
Went for the SXO as only that had the rear disc breaks, now wondering if i shouldn't have!
Suggest you enjoy the new car and don’t think about the decision of the trim selected.

I too have taken delivery of the SX(O) recently and took off on a drive to Coorg. I am in the process of figuring out the ADAS features along the way and this learning adds to the fun and enjoyment of owning a new car.

The car is fantastic and I’m sure you will enjoy it once you get past the initial hiccups related to the new technologies.

Wish you lots of happy drives in the car. Have fun.

Regards.
Old 8th December 2023, 11:08   #687
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
Did you get the front red fin / liner and the rim protector as Hyundai accessories or aftermarket? Looks really neat. I am thinking of going in for these too.
Is it legal to add these lights? Sorry asking because I really don't have an idea.

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:46. Reason: Typos.
Old 8th December 2023, 12:31   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernafied View Post
Is it legal to add these lights? Sorry asking because I really don't have an idea.
As in headlights? I don’t think so and I wouldn’t add them to my vehicle. But I don’t see the authorities taking any action.

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:46. Reason: Edited text in quote.
Old 8th December 2023, 16:16   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernafied View Post
Is it legal to add these lights? Sorry asking because i really don't have idea.
Please don't quote me here but back in the day I remember being asked to keep my Hella's (When i had them) covered up while in the city. Used to have Hella black magic's for my swift and was using them for highway driving.
Old 8th December 2023, 23:44   #690
BANNED

Getting my new Verna Sx (O), Atlas White. After deliberating for a year and test driving many vehicle, settled with this one:
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20231208_170536.jpg

Detailed review to come soon. I am excited now to have my hand on the car. Here is one snap from the 2nd PDI. I am looking forward to driving my first automatic and also looking to learn those ADAS features. I really liked some of them, the blind spot indicator and the forward sensor. I think those are useful and the reverse camera quality is just top notch. Way much better than the VW group.

Sold my 2015 Polo highline for this one.. Polo would be missed but Verna will be cherished!!!

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:48. Reason: Rearranged attachment. Please use the insert picture tab below the test you intend to have the picture.
baridbej is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks