Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2023, 10:37   #661
BHPian

Re: 2023 Hyundai Verna Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpagedar View Post
Also, does anyone know if the 12v socket in the 2023 Verna have continuous power or only when the ignition is turned on? My dash cam will be connected to the socket but I don’t want it to be plugged and unplugged every time I get into the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Nyx View Post
12V socket seems to have continuous power supply. Please check page 5-87 in the manual (PDF). Here is an image as well.
12V outlet does not work when ignition is OFF. The manual says to use it only when engine is running. What it implies is that do not run it simply with ignition ON mode as it will drain out the battery.

I use dashcam which is plugged in to 12V. My car sits idle throughout the week and runs only on weekends. No issue with battery and it's been 5 months since dashcam installation.

Also, it's a ddpai dashcam that plays a welcome message everytime the camera turns on (i.e., when I turn on the ignition). Hence, for sure, the 12V outlet and other usb ports work only when ignition is ON.
MyLife_MyCar is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 16:16   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN07 View Post
Can you please photos of the car from the sides and the front during day time? I'm also contemplating on getting it. Motofocusz in Chennai said they are going to come up with something soon for the Verna, they've already got the Seltos figured out but I don't know how long this might take.
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-v1.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-v2.jpg

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-v3.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg5610 View Post
Looks so cool...like a rally car light in that position. Looking forward to hearing your feedback after driving for a bit at night. Can you attach some pics from inside the cabin at night with lights on. How much did the setup cost?
Light is intensely bright and has the ability to illuminate vast distances. I'll share the photos from tomorrow's drive. Setup cost - 17000/- (Light -12K, clamp & labour - 5K). You will get additional discounts too. Contact - Bayview Garage

Quote:
Is the sticker at the front done using a tape? Can you share some details of the tape used and how would it handle the elements of weather? Also, how did you black out the chrome on the front .... painted over?

Got it. Should have checked the manual in the first place.

Thanks and regards.
That is reflective wrap sticker. So far it has handled well. I park my vehicle directly under the sun many days and had harsh wet weather too and the sticker has holded well. But the rim protectors that I had on my alloys are all damaged and it flew off (I think it is because of the bad weather and high speed driving). Are you referring to the chrome surrounding on the bumper? I think it is an accessory and I didn't plan to add one.

2023 Hyundai Verna Review-20231129_084302923_ios.jpg

Quote:
Are the headlamps really that bad? I too am going on a road trip this Saturday and this makes me a bit apprehensive.

Regards,
The headlamps are adeqaute for the city roads but the lighting is so poor on the highways (personal opinion). But when it rains (even drizzle) the lights are so pathetic for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
12V outlet does not work when ignition is OFF. The manual says to use it only when engine is running. What it implies is that do not run it simply with ignition ON mode as it will drain out the battery.

I use dashcam which is plugged in to 12V. My car sits idle throughout the week and runs only on weekends. No issue with battery and it's been 5 months since dashcam installation.

Also, it's a ddpai dashcam that plays a welcome message everytime the camera turns on (i.e., when I turn on the ignition). Hence, for sure, the 12V outlet and other usb ports work only when ignition is ON.
Thank you for providing clarification. I had initially interpreted the wording in the manual differently.
V_Nyx is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 16:44   #663
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a post on reddit by a guy who had disabled the center portion of the so called horizon light and blackened it out with vinyl.

Results were pretty good in my opinion. He blacked out that big logo as well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CarsIndia/c...it_verna_2023/
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 17:23   #664
BHPian

Quote:
That is reflective wrap sticker. So far it has handled well.
I ordered those reflective stickers via Amazon https://amzn.eu/d/axLvezk
Quote:
But the rim protectors that I had on my alloys are all damaged and it flew off (I think it is because of the bad weather
The original product is from Rimbaldes and you can import it from USA via Desertcart https://www.desertcart.in/products/531231431. As per the reviews, it will last long.

Last edited by greyhound82 : 29th November 2023 at 17:39. Reason: Edited the link for rimblades
Old 29th November 2023, 17:27   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
I ordered those reflective stickers via Amazon https://amzn.eu/d/axLvezk

The original product is from Rimbaldes and you can import it from USA via Desertcart https://www.desertcart.in/products/53123143. As per the reviews, it will last long.

I didn't use this. My friend cut the normal reflective stickers in that shape and used that (jugaad)
V_Nyx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 21:04   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Are you referring to the chrome surrounding on the bumper? I think it is an accessory and I didn't plan to add one.
Ok, I think I confused the accessory as standard.

Quote:
The headlamps are adeqaute for the city roads but the lighting is so poor on the highways (personal opinion). But when it rains (even drizzle) the lights are so pathetic for me.
I’ll be trying them out on this trip and will provide an update.
gpagedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 21:48   #667
BHPian

Quote:

Light is intensely bright and has the ability to illuminate vast distances. I'll share the photos from tomorrow's drive. Setup cost - 17000/- (Light -12K, clamp & labour - 5K). You will get additional discounts too. Contact - Bayview Garage
How do you give dipper with these on ?
Old 29th November 2023, 22:15   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgetFailure View Post
How do you give dipper with these on ?
ON/OFF switch is near the steering. I use that to turn them off if someone is blinded by the light. I switch it ON and then OFF in a sec to mimic a dipper.
Old 29th November 2023, 23:40   #669
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitmk View Post
After 1 week of contemplating what add ons to do on my car, finally gave the car for the foll:

1. Full car ceramic coating (3 coats on bonnet and roof, 2 elsewhere. Every 6 months a compound will be used for coating. Its not the same ceramic coat top up)
Hi, I wanted to be sure. Does this ceramic coating void the paint warranty?

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:48. Reason: Typo.
Old 30th November 2023, 05:59   #670
BHPian

Quote:

That is reflective wrap sticker. So far it has handled well.
All the tapes that I saw on Amazon had some kind of a pattern or design and I'm not sure how they would match with the Aero fins.

Can you share a link for the tape that you used?

Also, I'm having second thoughts on the Aero fins .... how would they go with the Starry Night colour that I will be getting. Any thoughts?

Regards
Old 30th November 2023, 07:42   #671
BHPian

Quote:
how would they go with the Starry Night colour that I will be getting? Any thoughts?
Here is mine- Starry Night with aero fins
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-img_1423.jpeg

In the case of V_Nyx, as my understanding stickers are the red job on the alloy wheels and front bumper lip splitter. Non-sticker solid bumper splitter is available in the aftermarket.

Last edited by greyhound82 : 30th November 2023 at 08:04.
greyhound82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2023, 09:29   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
Here is mine- Starry Night with aero fins
Attachment 2537275

In the case of V_Nyx, as my understanding stickers are the red job on the alloy wheels and front bumper lip splitter. Non-sticker solid bumper splitter is available in the aftermarket.
Looks neat, I think I will go with it. For the front bumper I will check the after market options before deciding.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Old 3rd December 2023, 14:05   #673

Hi guys,

Ackodrive seems to be offering ~1.4L discount for almost all Verna variants.

Is this year end discount? I don't understand how can they manage to give such huge discounts. Is there any catch:
2023 Hyundai Verna Review-screenshot_20231203135913538_com.brave.browseredit.jpg

Also, owners of the new Verna, how is the suspension at low speeds over potholes on the road? Is it be better than a Brezza?

Last edited by manson : 29th December 2023 at 08:50. Reason: Rearranged attachment. Please use the insert picture tab below the test you intend to have the picture.
Old 3rd December 2023, 19:52   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznuka View Post
Hi guys,

Also, owners of the new Verna, how is the suspension at low speeds over potholes on the road? Is it be better than a Brezza?
Suspension is very sorted and it is a smooth experience overall. I can compare with my Skoda Rapid that I sold and it is much more comfortable at lower speeds. Even if I compare with the Kushaq it would be on par if not better at lower speeds, and at higher speeds Kushaq might be a bit more comfortable with the extra GC and the stiffness playing their part as well!
The best thing to do is take a TD of the Verna over similar roads as the Brezza to get an actual feel.
PeteKing75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 23:55   #675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznuka View Post
Hi guys,

Ackodrive seems to be offering ~1.4L discount for almost all Verna variants.

Is this year end discount? I don't understand how can they manage to give such huge discounts. Is there any catch?
If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

That's the first thought which struck as I saw your note.

We do have a couple of BHP threads which discuss actual buying experiences who were also offered substantial discounts.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ackodrive.html (AckoDrive Review: My experience of (almost) booking a car via AckoDrive)

The discounts shown in your screenshot on higher variants, are above 1 Lakh (quite substantial). In percentage terms they hover around 6 percent.

I will try to check up on dealer discounts as I hope to schedule a Verna test drive this month.
IamGetz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks